Katie

Disney Movies!

What is your favorite Disney movie?  

173 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You should go see treasure planet, it's pretty decent. I think the reason most people don't talk about it is, well I guess it lacks the whole 'musical/music' mix, with characters singing to explain emotion, etc. I haven't seen it in awhile, but I can say I don't remember much about characters singing all by there lonesome.

Wreck-it Ralph surpassed my expectations, it was amazing. I didn't have much high hopes for Brave, and it was actually worse than I thought I'd be.

Yeah no Treasure Planet was fun. It didn't really feel like a Disney movie, though, so be warned.

I liked the Princess and the Frog. :> I hated how Tiana was a frog half the movie, but eh. It was a fun movie, had lots of good characters.

See, I expected to hate Brave, so I was pleasantly surprised when it just fell under the "meh" category for me. I liked how so much focus was put on the daughter's relationship with her mother, rather than it being a "GURLZ CAN DO STUFF 2!!" plot like I was expecting.

But for the record, I really enjoyed Wreck-It Ralph. Liked it more than Toy Story. Really nice atmosphere, I liked how genuinely good Ralph was (more so than like... almost every other Disney character I've seen), it was cute.

gonna be honest, i don't think i've ever dreaded watching a disney movie as much as i'm dreading tangled... >_> still putting off watching it

Sooner you watch it, the sooner you no longer have to dread. Tangled fell into the 'meh' area for me.

I enjoyed Tangled, though it's far from my favorite.

Yesss Treasure Planet. I love that movie. And Wreck-It-Ralph! I love Wreck-It-Ralph so much <33

I actually still have not watched all of Princess and the Frog. I've heard good things about it though.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who was a bit let down by Brave. I still enjoyed it, but I was expecting to enjoy it a lot more than I did. But I still like it.

Edited by Switch

Yeah, exactly.

Welp. I just watched it. It wasn't as horrible as I was expecting to be but that's saying... like, nothing. Ugh in general. =/ The horse was the movie's lone redeeming feature. Dang I liked that horse. Max. He was great.

I voted for The Lion King. Watching it in theaters is one of my very first memories. At that time my dad was the manager of a theater, so we got to see movies for free biggrin.gif He said that I watched that movie a lot when it was in theaters smile.gif I also enjoy all of the movies on the poll.

I love almost all Disney movies. Lady and the Tramp along with The Aristocats were some of the first ones I remember seeing. I love the plot for Lilo and Stitch, the messages of family and friendship are really sweet. Treasure Planet is my top favorite, I love everything about the movie. For some reason, it kind of scared me when I was younger, don't remember why, but I still loved it.

I have not seen Brave or Princess and the Frog, have heard mixed reviews on Brave, but hope to watch both at some point.

I loved Tangled, they added depth to the whole story line, and I like the story of Rapunzel in general. Saw Wreck-It-Ralph recently, it was better then I expected. I watched Atlantis the Lost Empire for the first time in a long time and fell in love with it.

My Fave are all of the Aladdin movies and all of the The Little Mermaids dvds and all of the lion king and all of Lady and Tramp and One Hundred and One Dalmatians and 102 dalmatians.

They are my tops Fave DVDS.

I love Lady and the Tramp, Bolt, Oliver and Company and The Aristocats.

Disney should have some more cat based movies.

Not a fan of any sequels besides Lion King 1 1/2.

The Lion King

I like the older Disney movies....even though they make me cry EVERY time xd.png

Voted for The Lion king even though the decision was hard x''D

Watched since I was small and loved most of them. Most of my favourites are from the 90s (for example Mulan, Hercules

and The Beauty and the Beast) ,but I also have love for some of the older ones like Bambi and Pinocchio (:

Toy Story, Finding Nemo, and The Incredibles were my favorite Disney movies growing up. I still am rather fond of them.

Lady and the Tramp. It was the first movie I ever saw, and I insisted my Dad take me to see it. He told me years later that he thought he'd hate the movie, but he loved it. :-)

Snow white... I used to love that film when I was 6, just because Snow White looked kinda like me in real life.

My favorite Disney movie is The Black Cauldron. It sucks that it's so underrated, because It's a great movie. I also like The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Little Mermaid, and Wreck-It-Ralph.

You had to make it a one choice poll didn't you. -.-

But, that's okay. I chose Beauty and the Beast because of the pure epicness of it.

I love Beast and several of the epic scenes in the movie. *cough*wolf fight *cough*

I wonder how many of you know this:

When Gaston falls off the roof you can see little skulls in his eyes at the frame where he is closest to the screen.

To be fair, I have several fav Disney movies as I grew up with them and they were a huge part of my life.

One of my all-time favorites was "Ducktales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp"

Wish they would have made a Darkwing Duck movie. dry.gif

My favorite Disney movie is The Black Cauldron. It sucks that it's so underrated, because It's a great movie. I also like The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Little Mermaid, and Wreck-It-Ralph.

THIS!! The Black Cauldron was amazing! As was every other movie you listed.

Edited by Syiren

My favorite has got to be the Hunchback of Notre Dame. It has the scariest villain and some of the best music from any Disney film.

My favorite Pixar would be the one no one likes: A Bug's Life. It is precious to me.

One of my all-time favorites was "Ducktales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp"

I remember that one. I used to love it as a kid, I always used to love how the bad guy looked when he was transformed into a gryphon.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame is my favorite Disney movie of all time. A beautiful and dramatic story and great characters. From that list though, I'd pick The Little Mermaid. I used to love that as a kid.

Beauty and the Beast is my absolute favorite, but I'm a through-and-through Disney geek, to the point of being a Disney apologetic. I love the old classic stuff, the princess movies, the big epics like Aladdin and The Lion King, the randomness that was The Rescuers Down Under and The Great Mouse Detective, and even during the bad years, there were a few shining lights - Treasure Planet and The Emperor's New Groove, for example. Pixar, of course, can do almost no wrong (of course, I haven't seen Brave yet, so I'm still reserving judgement there). I'm so glad that Disney bought Pixar, because, far Disney from affecting Pixar adversely, I think that Pixar brought Disney out of its dark times - Meet the Robinsons and Wreck-It Ralph were brilliant. The Princess and the Frog got a bad rap from some corners, but I adored it, even if I didn't like the prince much. xd.png

There are only a few Disney movies that I unreservedly do not like, including Pocahantas (stoooooop messssssssinnnnng with hissssstoryyyyyy!), The Little Mermaid (I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I know it's a lot of people's nostalgic favorite, but I just can't do the spoiled brat lead character) and the Hunchback of Notre Dame (it had such promise, it really did, but it was trying to tell a very adult story to children by making it funny, still tried to keep the original pathos, and essentially fell apart because it couldn't make up its mind what it was). Oh, and I didn't like Tangled, much to everyone else's chagrin. There were a few other weird, for-me-forgettable movies like Atlantis, Hercules, and whatever that horrid farm thing was that happened, too. Even so, I can almost always find something wonderful in the movies I didn't like (usually the music and the villains; Frollo and Ursula are two of the best villains ever set on a movie screen).

But keep any of those God-awful direct-to-video releases that happened about a decade or so ago AWAY from me. >.< Those were the dark times. Until Pixar, The Rescuers Down Under was the only decent sequel Disney produced.

I could write several essays on this topic, so I should probably stop and nod fondly as everyone else lists their favorites. laugh.gif

ETA:

Wish they would have made a Darkwing Duck movie.  dry.gif

This! To this day, Darkwing Duck is still my favorite cartoon. He deserved his own movie. The Ducktales move was utterly awesome. Disney Saturday Morning Cartoon nostalgia for the win!

Edited by LibbyLishly

This! To this day, Darkwing Duck is still my favorite cartoon. He deserved his own movie. The Ducktales move was utterly awesome. Disney Saturday Morning Cartoon nostalgia for the win!

*nods* I fully agree that he deserved it. According to what I've heard, the only reason he didn't get his own movie was because they said DuckTales did so badly. (Still don't see how as everyone I've ever asked has liked it.)

They fail to realize that while, yes, Darkwing and Scrooge are both Ducks from the Disney Afternoon, but Darkwing is less of an explorer/treasure hunter and more of a hero. He has two major villains that would have made for a great Movie villain, Though I think Taurus Bulba would be a better choice then Negaduck (Even though Negs is epic.)

Not to mention the great set up with the cyborg bull. Twice he had been defeated in the show, but not destroyed. He swore his vengeance before flying off and while tired from the fight, Darkwing did seem a bit worried. I really think they could have done something with that.

PS: I was also a big fan of Rescuers Down Under and Treasure Planet.