CatCreature

Lumina Breeding Speculation

Has anyone else noticed that luminas that refuse the intended mate (water or turp) stay pristine? xd.png

Lumina (after punting mate-it-does-not-want to the moon): "I don't want that oily-gooey on ME!"

OMG...that is sooo cool!I bred my lumina to a turp,got the tanned lumina also..but I have it on good authority that the babies bred (if lumina eggs )WILL be TAN ...so,hoping my c/b lumina turns BACK,as its offspring will be tan! biggrin.gif

Rockin' On

I just came here to see if this happened to anyone else. I had a dastardly plan to start a tree with my Turp and Lumi, and though they didn't produce an egg this time, my Lumi changed color.

mini-panic-attack has subsided, and now I'm thinking this is pretty cool. though I do hope my Lumi changes back to silver.

So, I wonder, if lumina turned from the excretion on water horse when breeding, why don't they turn from breeding with albino? Quoted from the description, "Instead, to help protect their bodies from the sun, they are coated in an oily secretion that blocks the sun’s harmful rays." Similar idea to water horses, no?

Who knows? That might be coming next. When the tan thing with the Turps was noticed, a number of us tried with Water horses but it didn't work. So it could be that that combo just hasn't been added in yet.

What I would love to see is if if you "tan" them like 30+ times (large but random number), then you get a sprite that is the same but seems brighter or to shimmer more. That way it would be a cool goal to work towards, and it would demonstrate the bit about their scales getting more beautiful.

Just tried Lumina x Turp and every single Lumina changed.

I only had two slots open, so I think three eggs ended up auto-abandoned.

I have an "extra" egg...I wonder if it would make good trade material?

This looks pretty cool... I saw a pair of naked Luminas on a spriter's scroll last night and assumed they were an alt sprite. I see I was wrong...

Unfortunately, I missed the new release and don't have any Luminas. Ah well. Entertaining to watch everyone else scramble and trip to find out what's going on. xd.png

Wait, sorry... So does anyone know if the tanning is temporary? As in, can the Luminas only be tanned for a certain time, or will they only remain tan for a certain time? -ish slow because it's 1:30am now >.<-

I'm not sure if this was answered yet, but yes, it is only temporary. About a day... My turp x lum egg's parent lum is indeed back to its normal color with the egg's time being 5 days and 18 hours, so I assumed it lasts a day.

Ok, my two Lumia eggs, which were both bred by Lumia x Turpentine pairings, did hatch ... and the Lumina hatchlings look like every other Lumina hatchling. Sadly no super special naked hatchis for us... wink.gif *feels like a perv for hoping that her Lumina hatchis would hatch naked*

Therefore offsprings from a Lumina x Turpentine pairing don't get affected by their parents mating.

I think this will be the same with eggs that got bred by a Lumina x Waterhorse pairing.

Edited by Nyastara

Wouldn't it be cool if... like... if you breed a Lumina with the same species of dragon 10 times in a row, it changes to a matching color? Like 10 consecutive breedings with a Water will get you a pearly blue Lumina, or 10 consecutive breedings with a Terrae will get you a pearly green one...

*fantasizes wildly about rainbow Lumina dragons!*

I mean, seeing as their scales grow back "more beautiful than before." Just a random thought!

Just discovered this! I bred LuminaxTurp, got one Lumina egg and a naked father. Guess the hatchie name will be narcissus...

Bred two separate Lumia x Waterhorse eggs and the parents turned tan. They have both returned to normal after 24 hours.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I think I will be disappointed if this is only a nice color-change-24-hrs joke....at least the new eggs of turp x lumina should turn taned or something like that unsure.gif

Aww, that's a pity it only lasts for 24 hours. I thought it could inspire a couple more interesting lineage projects if there were 'alts' . But it is cool little 'joke'. happy.gif

Edited by Nicoleong9

Wow, so cool! My lumina just became naked!

I kind of wish now that every dragon that breeds to Turpentines would become naked, and then dc would have tons of scaleless dragons walking around! xd.png Except I dont think the other dragons would be that vain enough to rip out all their scales.

Does the offspring of such parings differ in any way from others of their species?

Mine are still s1 hatchies but they look just like the other s1 lumina hatchies.

Mine are still s1 hatchies but they look just like the other s1 lumina hatchies.

Hmm... perhaps it's just not visible at S1 hatchling?

Has anyone S2 hatchlings?

If the reason they get denuded is because they are vain and pull the scales off themselves if they get anything gross on them, then their eggs should almost certainly be normal. If a pregnant woman pulled out all her hair it wouldn't make her baby more likely to be born bald, right?

Just tried my last Lumina x an Albino and no, the Lumi didn't turn. Lumi x Magma didn't work, either.

So now I got a couple 2G Lumi eggs locking me up…

If the reason they get denuded is because they are vain and pull the scales off themselves if they get anything gross on them, then their eggs should almost certainly be normal. If a pregnant woman pulled out all her hair it wouldn't make her baby more likely to be born bald, right?

Well, alt babies could work with Lumina mothers if the growing back of its scales caused a deficiency in the developing egg and so it never developed the ability to form it's own scales. *is totally straw grasping* xd.png