LyricShadowcrow

What not to say to a Newbie

TJ must have liked your egg. Since he is our VIP of something or other, he gets exclusive privileges and is allowed to take whatever eggs he wants. He must have wanted your new egg and took it for himself. Sorry, you'll have to breed another.

I tried to summon a Guardian of Nature, but I failed. Now it won't let me do it again sad.gif

You had only one chance to summon GoN. Alas, it didn't think you were worthy to be its master.

Silver Lunar Heralds didn't drop. Does that mean they're retired already??

Yep. The only place to see them now is the Wilderness.

How do I get a caveborn Shimmerscale?

Its simple, really; its all in the name! Simply shove a female Shimmer into a cave and once its laid an egg, the egg will be caveborn! Changes in lineages may differ, however.

Once I raise my hatchlings, where do my dragons go?

Edited by lovecats99

I'm so sorry... We older users don't make that mistake anymore, but I suppose that you, poor child, have not yet learned the cruel realities of Dragon Cave. If you let a hatchling grow up, the adult dragon reverts to its natural instincts and migrates to the Wilderness. You'll never see it again. That's why you always, always should use the Freeze option!

Why can't I catch any of those cool "Christmas dragons" in the cave at other times of the year?

Because during the rest of the year the Christmas dragons are on vacation in Hawaii.

How do I unlock information about my favorite breeds in the Encyclopedia?

Did you try sending him a note via carrier pigeon?

Since our dragons are sprites does that mean they're made of soda pop instead of pixels?

That's why my dear one the dragons are so addicting! A free bottle of sprite for every dragon you create!

Why can't I find a leetle tree in the cave? Are they not dropping at all? What do I need to do to get one?!

Leetle Trees don't drop, they grow. Have patience young grasshopper.

If I can breed dog-sized Olives with mountain-sized Stone dragons, why can't I breed them with cat-sized Pygmies?

Haven't you ever heard the saying "They get along as well as cats and dogs."?

Why can't I view someone else's fogged eggs?

It's not truly an egg; that's a failed attempt to summon a shadow walker. The fog is the what happens when you try to catch one, but you mist. :-)

Can the dragons use the paper dragons to correspond over long distances?

Yes, they take a paper dragon, write their message down, then make it into a paper airplane and fly it over to the other dragon!!!!

I tried to breed two dragons, but it said they bred and no egg was produced! Why didn't they give me an egg?

Actually they did produce an egg, but the Datamonster thought the lineage was nice and took the egg for itself.

Why didn't the description I wrote show up on the dragon's page?

You need a Paper dragon for every description you write. What else would you write the description on?

I tried to breed my dragons but they weren't interested. How do I get them interested in each other?

Simple. All you have to do is go to "Scroll Sort" in the options, click on "Custom Sort," and put the desired two dragons next to each other. Wait a few weeks for them to get to know each other, then try again! I've bred many an egg this way. :3

I found an egg in the cave with the description, "This egg feels rather warm." Is it sick?? Why are there sick eggs in the cave?

Do not fret; the egg has simply been recently boiled into a boiled egg and for such a reason, is rather warm. For some reason, this does not harm the embryo inside, eventually hatching into a very angry red fire-breathing dragon. When it reaches maturity, it will be able to warm up other eggs, able to cause a generation of very grumpy dragons. So potentially, yes the egg could be considered sick so its best to put it in your freezer or next to an ice dragon to cool down it's rage.

I found an egg with Mana coursing throughout it's egg. Does this mean I can harvest the Mana and create a business for Mana potions?

That is exactly what the trade feature is for! Though you'll need the right amount of Red dragons to boil the Mana out of the egg.

Will I have better chances of summoning a Guardian of Nature if I get more Trio dragons?

Yes! Once you have ten of each, you'll be able to summon all the three Guardians of Nature at the same time. Or none at all - if that happens, there's no more Guardians for you, my apologies.

My first egg hatched! Does the hatchling need something to eat now?

Certainly! It needs food to grow. I recommend grilled Cheese dragons or softly boiled chicken eggs.

How do I get a Zombie egg?

Edited by Mirhana

Thats simple! First, you need to find out what makes up a zombie dragon: it's essence. This is its brittle bones, rotten flesh and decayed dragon soul. You'll need to be Level 99 in Smithing, Ranged, Prayer, Crafting and Runecrafting with at least 5 Followers to initiate this quest. After this, simply gather the materials listed and craft them into an egg shaped blob. Use the dragon soul on the egg and the egg will soon hatch! I think. You did level up your Summoning skill, didn't you?

This egg changes colors in the sunlight! Does this mean i've found a rainbow dragon?!

Edited by lovecats99

Yeeeee! You got something better! You caught the Datamonster!

What's the Lagmonster?

"Lagmonster" is actually a typo. It's real name is the Legmonster, because it has lots of legs and also tends to nibble on the ankles of people and dragons.

Can I use a Magi's teleport on an adult dragon? I want to send it to my friend.

Yes! All you need are 5 Magi dragons and Liability Form for dragon you're teleporting. You can receive the form by PMing TJ. Allow up to 6 weeks for his response.

Why do Lunar Herald eggs constantly change colors every 4-8 days?

It has to do with how much sunlight the eggs are exposed to. If you want a different color, just slather the egg in sunscreen.

One time I saw a blue Rosebud dragon! How come mine isn't like that?