Nureyev

Geodes: Another ratio gone haywire?

Well, I had a suspicion and bred my CB Stones and Greens. 8 eggs, 8 Geodes. unsure.gif Don't get me wrong, I like Geodes, but why can't we have both? Anyone else seeing this as well? Things seem to be getting terribly unbalanced; 100% Alt Black ratios, near absence of Seasonals in the cave, and now this.... =/

Geodes, Blunas and Shallow Waters are currently easy to breed, yes.

I breed them all to even out the ratios.

Hmm, now would be a good time to get myself a Bluna methinks....My waters better breed *stares at waters and skywings*.

Edited by Ashywolf

Would someone please tell my Sunsong x Geode pairs that Geode ratios are skewed? I have FOUR pairs trying for ONE Geode egg for my Gaia lineage - lots of Sunsongs, no Geode sad.gif .

@JaneMcAsh, I think I read somewhere that Geodes can only produce Geodes when bred with a Pebble, Stone or other Geode. Otherwise the egg will always be the other dragon's breed.

Well, I had a suspicion and bred my CB Stones and Greens. 8 eggs, 8 Geodes.  unsure.gif Don't get me wrong, I like Geodes, but why can't we have both? Anyone else seeing this as well? Things seem to be getting terribly unbalanced; 100% Alt Black ratios, near absence of Seasonals in the cave, and now this.... =/

The "100% alt black ratios" is incorrect. I froze this normal black hatchling today:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/B2Dmb

They're still here, but it seems the new alts are now the commons.

Edited by Diame

I'm not sure about the ratios as I've never breed the dragons to get any of the shallow waters, geodes, or two fin blunas, but when I first bred my shallow water with red, it gave me a shallow water, so I'm assuming that they can breed either. Also when I checked out my shallow's child's children, I noticed that four of the five were shallow waters, and their father wasn't always a holiday, only for two of all five. I have also noticed that my geode's mother has five children, three of which are geodes and their parents are neither geoded. I'm not sure about the alt ratios either, but the first vine I bred, I gave away and it just so happened to be alt, so that could be something. Speaking of the alt vine, I was wondering if the alt chance could have anything to do with the lineage? The vine alt is a pb third evengen. My geode is also third gen... ?

ah, i need to get my paws on some stones, then!

just need to wait for the rest of my eggs to hatch so i can get a skywing and two stones. i really want a bluna and geode, just looking for a cb black so i can get an alt before the ratios return to normal. ` v `

i need to breed a new shallow, too, so i think i'll do that soon. :>

Hmmm. Interesting. I don't have all of those kinds of dragons, I wouldn't know. tongue.gif

Bred a pair of greens and got a geode. Kinda made my day.

Geodes, Blunas and Shallows are only uncommon, not rare. :3 So its normal. I once had to ffa 7 geodes in a row because they kept on throwing them!

And no need to worry, everything will balance out. The blacks are returning to normals now, as I've seen some trends in the trades today.

Oh yes. Some months ago, I decided I should probably breed myself some nice blunas, shallow waters and geodes since all the ones I had before were really messy. Got them all relatively smoothly. That was nice. :) Dunno, I never really considered them rare (like black alts etc) so I wasn't like "Amg, ratios wth???" when I got them that quickly. x)

The "100% alt black ratios" is incorrect. I froze this normal black hatchling today:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/B2Dmb

They're still here, but it seems the new alts are now the commons.

It was correct up till a few days ago, and thank goodness is all I can say. We're just now getting regular blacks again from bred pairs. I can now continue my primary lineage...

As for the Geodes, "uncommon" says less than 50% to me, which isn't what's happening. It shouldn't be difficult to impossible to breed a purebred of any breed, in my humble opinion. wink.gif

It was correct up till a few days ago, and thank goodness is all I can say. We're just now getting regular blacks again from bred pairs. I can now continue my primary lineage...

As for the Geodes, "uncommon" says less than 50% to me, which isn't what's happening. It shouldn't be difficult to impossible to breed a purebred of any breed, in my humble opinion. wink.gif

^ My stance on this. Uncommon is not more than 50%. It should account for the primary fails/ratio fails/ect. that would make it uncommon.

Would someone please tell my Sunsong x Geode pairs that Geode ratios are skewed? I have FOUR pairs trying for ONE Geode egg for my Gaia lineage - lots of Sunsongs, no Geode sad.gif .

You cant get geodes with other dragons than stone, pebble, geode...

Plus i do breed stones from time to time, which I dont like, I need geodes!

And blacks going now to normal and curled...

I've bred a pair of 2nd gen Green x Green Geodes three times and they have either not produced, or weren't interested all three times. blink.gif I wish I'd get some of that skewed ratio.

Out of breeding three pairs of greens and two pairs of stones I ended up with all geode eggs. While they aren't hard to produce for me normally I am still surprised that I didn't get any of the parents breeds.