CYDA LUVA83

Ancient Beginnings

"You stay away from me, now, creep... I... I have..." Ellen looked at her rifle, it wasn't good for much anything now except blunt force trauma. "I have a head-beater! Thaaattt'sss right, mister! I will beat. Your. Face. In." She said loudly, brandishing her gun high. "Now, get outta here!" The lady motioned with her gun to the fort, saying to g back to where he came from. "And take this stick with you!" Ellen tore the tomahawk from the tree and threw it through the barrier.

James caught his tomahawk and looked towards Ellen. He had an angry face on. He looked up and in a second, Jamie was down next to James, smiling, for about a second before he got his face bashed in with the handle of the small axe. "I'M A GOD" James smashed the skin off the left side of his face. Jamie teleported away as James said. "Puny god..." He turned back to Ellen, throwing his tomahawk on to the ground infront of her and started walking away, back towards the barrier. "You need it more than I do." And with that, he walked back towards the barrier.

Fiyara got to her feet, shaking off the gathered bits of leaves and bark that had accumulated over the course of her, ahem, 'crash' with the tree. Comprising herself from her embarisment, s shook her head. "Nah. Let's save the rest of them for someone else. " Fiyara said, unkeen to repeat her mistake and mangle yet another tree with her mistakes. She grinned slightly, a spring in her step. She wondered impatiently whether Varaug had made any progress with a translator for that rogue human wandering about. She looked to Varaug, serious now.

"You had any luck with getting a translator?" she questioned Varaug intently, turning a frown his way in hope that it would somehow affect the chances of the answer being positive or not...

---------

Dvaros steadfastly ignored the commotion outside, chewing ponderously upon a leg of deer. He didn't know what the shouting was about, but was determined not to get involved. That meant savouring his delightfully chilled leg of deer, in order to get the most flavour out of it as possible? It tasted absolutely awful; he disliked chilled deer meat. He wished the cook would come back and brew up some culinary wonder again. That would be nice. He started feeling cold, and decided that this was normal, being in a freezerbox and all. Likely it would be he would have to leave soon, before he started freezing to death. He just hoped he didn't have to walk out to that draconic terror stalking the hallways.

Ellen became enraged when he threw the tomahawk back in her direction. She didn't need his charity! She could take care of herself! Taking up the small axe, Ellen threw it back at him, flicking her wrist like the knife-throwers do so it would rotate around in the air. "Take your ****ing Indian Axe! I have my head-beater!" The lady yelled.

'Ah cripe... -Ashur flinched when he heard all the commotion. Reluctantly, he dragged his lazy comfortably seated arse off of the warm stone tiles and stomped over towards the two. Oh yes, one was in fact the human Varaug wanted him to get answers from so desperately. Oh well, that saved him the trouble of looking for James...

'Buddy... -he said in english and leaned down towards James- 'Leave your girlfriend alone for a few moments, you n' me, we gotta talk about your kinds' area 51 for us winged giant lizards. -then snagged James by the back of his coat, lifted him away and walked towards the castle.

Once they were at the entrance, he set the little human down and shapeshifted into his own human form, still fully clothed as he was when returning from his last explosive escapade. It was just in case he starts thinking he's gonna be eaten or something similar.

'Sit sit sit... -he tapped one of the stairs and took a seat, himself- 'If you tell me what I need to know, we might be able to help your girl. Trust me, I know the big wheels around this joint.

Edited by Ælex

James yelped as he got picked up by Ashur, punching and kicking the air, eventually giving up since it was useless. He somehow had his tomahawk on his belt, seeing as the nazi didn't want it, he had kept it. When Ashur had brought him in, he told him to sit, he sat. "Well...I only know of two places where dragons are held captive..." He closed his eyes in deep thought, thinking about where exactly they were. "One is in...Glasgow and the other...Aberdeen." He said, a headache forming since he had recieved a gun stock to the face.

'Hear that Varaug? Glasgow and Aberdeen.

'Not... -he was about to answer Fiyara, when he received Ashur's telepath.

Grinning, he nodded at her and said. 'Glasgow and Aberdeen. If I remember the maps right, it eliminates Glasgow. Aberdeen, then. That's our best bet!

'Thanks. By the way, what took you, I thought you were out for a quick flight to clear your head or something, you were gone for hours... -he replied to Ashur telepathically.

'Oh I got more than my head cleared... but that's all you're gonna know. Good luck Var, it's gonna be hard to find a replacement dummy to keep the barrier up if you bite the dust. -the grey jested, and closed the telepathic link.

'You're free to go. -he waved James off, stood up and entered the castle, not breathing a word about Ellen. He was never one to honour promises he'd made with humans, nor did he even give two bits about Ellen.

Edited by Ælex

Doom spotted Cydae, disguised as the pink dragon. He recognised her, he recognised her all too well. "You...YOU!" Doom roared as he tapped into his Nightmare form. His scales blackened completely and his eyes redened from their usual gold. "I'm going to enjoy this, you pink censorkip.gif" He said to her, an evil smile appearing on his face, his tail turning into it's blade from and his claws and teeth growing slightly and sharpening. "Let's tango." Doom said as he juped at the Cydae, going for a tackle and swift kill.

-------------------------

James smiled to himself as Ashur got up. "You know, I could still be of use, pointing out all the faults in their defenses if I was within visual range!" He shouted after Ashur, telling the complete truth, since he did really want to help the dragons.

Edited by Doomkaiser

'Naw, we're good. -he answered James. Even if he wanted, relaying more info to Varaug would just bother him some more. Plus, he couldn't be assed. Ashur came to a halt when he saw the chaos that had unfolded in the main castle chamber.

'Don't look at me, I don't want involvement... -he scoffed, still considering the option of Fusion being possessed.

'Afraid you'll get your face mauled off, champ? -Ashur jested, shifted back to his normal form and nudged 'Xan' along the way to Fusion.

'Hold still now... -Ashur asked the dorsal and delicately, with a large but focused discharge sliced through the metallic binding like a beam welder. The thing came off, and Fusion was none-the worse for wear afters.

'There we go...

'Hey you, what the hell do you think you're.. She's not possessed.

She's just... different. -Ashur cut 'Xan' mid-sentence and shot him with a glance.

'Farengar did this, right? I overheard something while I was in the medical wing.

I'd understand Arget, but why you too? -he arched an eyebrow.

Edited by Ælex

"Ale- Xan!" Cydae yelled in surprise, not expecting to be attacked by some random dragon. Had she hurt this dragon in some way? Did he know who she was? No... he had said something about pink. so her disguie was good. Perhaps too good... Might as well just play along... Cydae blocked his attack but couldn't prevent herself from being pinned down. "Happy to see me, scary? Missed me, huh? Apparently. Well, I'm sorry for saying this, hun, but I'd rather not play around right now. Ehhh, I'm a bit tired. Nighty night." She curled up her hind legs and pressed them against Doom's stomach, kicking him off of her.

~~~~~

Fusion bowed her head to Ashur. "Thank you." When Doom lunged at Cydae, she cocked her head, so he remembered her too... "Eh, no kissing you two! We don't want to go through that again." She shook her head, happy to be free of the chain that had choked her. "What's wrong with me?" She answered Ashur's question with a question. "A few things, I could name them all, but for the sake of being specific I'll tell you that losing Arget, hypothetically my daughter and grandchildren, and my freedom one after the other took its toll on my sanity. Finally getting out, breathing fresh air and having a not-so-friendly discussion with Arget have reversed the effects of being demented considerably."

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

'Heh, oh that's priceless... -the grey held back a snicker at Fusion's remark at Doom and the newcomer pink. He wanted to intervene, but by the sound and look of things they'd met before, and had failed to even scratch each other enough to leave a mark. Besides, who was he to intervene anyway? He was no hero and he knew it all-too well.

'Well, about Arget... -Ashur took a quick look in the vampire's general direction- I'm not sure if keeping him in here is a very good idea. Buuut, if we can do something about his, well, condition... -Ashur paused and scratched himself behind the neck. This was definitely NOT something he had any experience with...

He opened the door to the storage area and looked over Arget. The vampire looked as fierce as it was angry...

'He's gonna need a lot of work, if anything can even be done about this... -Ashur scratched his chin, trying to recall something from his early childhood- Our elders back up at Stoneclaw mountain once told us a story that had vampirism cured by having the individual sacrificed and then reincarnated in a new body, free of the condition. -he said with a slight frown- They claimed it was a true story, but I wouldn't know this crap, I'm no scholar...

'I'll talk to Varaug about this when he gets back. Maybe he can convince Farengar to try a few things? -he suggested, flinching a bit from looking at the thrashing angry vampire.

Fusion looked at her paws. Sacrifice? Would she dare? Would he agree? She looked back at Arget. Nope, probably not. Unless he had done some major personality shift or some mental maturing... No... probably not. "Maybe... That doesn't seem like the brightest idea, though. It's hardly the sharpest sword in the armory, if you get my meaning." She turned away from Arget, the vampire had started to stare. Kicking the door closed, the dorsal dragon gazed around the fort. "What year is it? And where is Garinka? When I woke up yeserday, she was gone."

'I don't know. What I heard is we've been trapped for over two hundred years. -the grey shook its head, still finding it difficult with the change in eras, himself- 'A lot has changed. In fact, everything has!

A deep scowl crossed his face when the human advancements in technology came to mind. Their new levels of lethality were like a taunt for the grey. Deep down, he wanted to remind them that they should be afraid, very afraid of his kind, as things were centuries ago.

'And now we're looking at a continuous human onslaught like never before, and the return of Doom's father, whoever that is... -Ashur grimaced- 'Now excuse me, I have to collect a few things and go do some harm.

He'd come to a realization... cracking the toughest settlements would require more than just some wit and a fast tongue. He needed supplies, he needed equipment, he needed whatever could give him the edge over the human filth while undercover in his weakened shape as one of them...

Shrugging past the crowd, the grey left the castle, and headed towards the lake...

Edited by Ælex

"Two hundred?! That... How are we-...?! Two hudred years... That means the year is 1816 if it was exactly two hundred... If I have my facts straight, this year will be very cold. You guys might not have been awake but didn't you feel those tremors in the earth last year? That was a volcano. Somewhere around, might even probably be Mount Tambora." She paused, looking around. "I'm sorry, I'm getting ahead of myself..." Fusion sat down and shifted into her human form, the salmon colored dress appearing on her body as she changed forms. "Advancements is weapons, transportation, commmunication, and entertainment have obviously been made... Just how advanced is left to be seen..." She looked around, the smallest of frowns on her face. "It seems we've been recycling some things..."

((Brace yourselves, the textwall is coming!))

Diving under the cold waters of the lake, Ashur swam to where the hidden passageway towards the gemstone cavern was. He unsealed it, and made it to the other end, re-surfaced within the hollowing and climbed up and out of the flooded entrance. He looked about and picked up the most stable-looking non-glowy sapphire-like jewel he could find. It was roughly large enough for even a human to hold with one hand.

Making his way out, he climbed out of the lake, shook the water off, and re-entered the castle. Brushing past the crowd in the main room, the grey soon located the painting Lydia had shown him that leads to the blacksmith's shop. He removed it, shifted back into his human form, patted some dust off of his outfit and traversed the gateway.

'Cripe... never want to get used to that... -the grey groaned in discomfort. Travelling by that kind of gateway was very unpleasant for his stomach.

The smell of fumes was wafting through the air, everything was dark and silent within the building... Ashur continued through the walkway until he came to the main area of the shop. It was a sorry sight... everything was tossed left and right by the shockwave, all the windows were shattered, the walls had cracks in them, and in the corner, sitting on a small stool, was Morgan.

The old man looked like he was ready to slit his wrists, but lacked the courage to do so... Ashur stepped forward, causing the floor to creek with his first step. Morgan looked up at him and coughed.

'Oh, it's you. I was wondering where you, your wife and your chrome automation had vanished to... glad to see you're alright. What about... 'They're fine. Resting, right now... I came back to check on you. See if you'd regained conciousness. -Ashur cut Morgan off mid-sentence.

'Ooooh I'm fine. Ruined, but fine. the old man sighed and stood up.

'Weeeeell, I guess this is it... just a year from retirement and... -he waved it off and changed the subject- 'Can I be of assistance?

But Ashur was already examining the bits and bobs that once hung all over the shop before the detonation. Some of them were broken, but most of them seemed to have survived. He picked up a pistol from the ground and holstered it in his outfit's empty holster to the right side of his hip. 'Ammo. -he snapped his fingers, and Morgan pointed at the shop's gun cabinet. Ashur opened it and shot Morgan with an expecting glance. The cabinet was full of all sorts of boxes, he had no idea which one was the correct ammunition for the pistol he'd taken.

The craftsman walked over and took one of the small packets from the bottom of the stacks an handed it to Ashur. 'Scatter rounds. Then another from the top... 'Impact Rounds. ...and one last one- 'Incendiary rounds.

Ashur nodded and put the three packets aside. At the back of the cabinet were a multitude of muskets, different in length and width, some with a wooden finish, others purely metallic. The ones to the right-most were the widest and shortest. Ashur took the longest musket he could see, and the shortest, one of the ones from the rightmost.

'Springfield, Model 1842. .69 ammunition. -Morgan took the longer musket off of Ashur's hands and removed the muzzle cap from it, took a larger packet of ammo from the topmost of the stack in the cabinet, handed the packet to Ashur, then leaned the rifle against the wall close-by. Morgan then took the shorter one and added 'Sawed-off, pump-action shotgun. I suggest, 20 gauge. -he then took one last packet from the cabinet and handed it to Ashur, along with the shotgun.

'Anything else, before I head off?

'Uhh, yea, this stuff's pretty bulky, and I need a holster for em of some kind.

'Ah, yes. -Morgan nodded, then walked out to one of the rooms to the side of the remains of the shop, and came back with two things. A strange over-the-shoulder kind of cloth strip with some metal clamps attached, and a backpack. He tossed the backpack to Ashur, and then took one of the screwdrivers from the desk, fiddled a bit with the metallic components on the other piece, and then went over to Ashur with it.

'Hold still now... -he asked politely and slung the belt-like gun holster across his left shoulder, and under his right arm, tightened it so that it remained stationary, then handed Ashur the Model 1842 rifle. 'Over your left shoulder so that the tip touches your right hip. -Morgan explained.

Reluctantly, Ashur slung the weapon across his back, and was amazed when something caught a grip on it when it came into contact with his back. He let go of the musket and ran his other hand across its other end, coming down to where his right hip and hand was.

'Magnetic holders. Making holstering easy since 1791. -Morgan jested, then handed Ashur the shotgun, gesturing for him to repeat the process, but around the other side. He did so, and the other weapon also clamped into place just as easily. The back end of each of the firearms was now easily within his reach to the left and right side of his head. Ashur simply reached for the Musket, tugged it off and drew it, then re-holstered it just as easily on his back.

'Brilliant. -he grinned.

'As for this, -Morgan handed him the backpack, opened it while he was holding it and left the ammunition within it. -..its where you keep the feed for your new pets, so to speak. I'd ask to see your gun license, but I doubt there is any law enforcement around to jail me for selling you these even if you didn't have one. -the craftsman sighed.

'They might as well, at least I'll have food and water and reliable shelter in prison...

Slinging the loaded backpack over his shoulders and onto his back, Ashur couldn't help but feel like a scumbag for ruining the guy's life after he'd been so useful.

'Hey, catch. -the grey took out the gem he'd taken under the lake and tossed it to Morgan.

The human's eyes widened when he examined the flawless gemstone. It must be worth a fortune and a half!

'This, uhh... you want me to have this?

'Yea, keep it. I don't need it.

Morgan's face brightened. This changes everything! Once he'd get to the right buyers, he'd have more than enough money to get him back on his feet! He could re-open his shop elsewhere now! He felt it right to tell Ashur he was overpaying, but why look a gift horse in the mouth, instead...

'If you ever need anything again sir, my new store will be at the small rural village down by the river on the crossroads due south of here. Anything, if you need ANYTHING! Just stop by anytime! I will probably have opened up shop by next week! -he almost cheered, then hastily started to pack his things.

'Will do... -Ashur nodded and exited the shop, walking off into the evacuated town. Time to do a few practice shots...

Edited by Ælex

James was thinking when a sharp pain ran up his back, causing him to yelp loudly. "The hell...Oh...right..." He said, remembering the bash to the head he had recieved earlier from that damned gun. His head spun and he...fainted...again.

-----------------------------------

Doom snarled at the pink, eyeing her. "Can't fool me...sly dragon..." Doom said as he returned to normal and went back to eating his meat slowly, keeping his eye on the pink, which kept his mind off the disaster that was soon to come.

-----------------------------------

Akula swam through the water in the lake. "Time to try it out." He said as he swam up to the surface and aimed at the sky, breathing in and firing off six balls of lightning, which flew up into the sky in a circle and exploded in a spectacular bright explosion of light. "That was awesome!" He said diving back down underwater. He swam to the edge of the lake and floated there. After all, a fully grown deep-sea couldn't sunbathe just under the water that often.

((I WILL DESTROY YOUR TEXT WALL WITH MY TEXT TOWER!!!))

Fusion looked around the fort. Yes, there was the same table, the fort was made out of the same stones, the rug in the Resting Area was one you found in every bedroom in the main castle... It was just an extremely downsized version of the home she once knew. She looked over at Doom and the pink dragon. Meh, they would be fine, he wasn't her problem anymore. Getting up and brushing the dirt off of her dress, Fusion walked out of the fort and to the main castle.

It still was here... The ruins of their home...

She ran her hand along the uneven, broken stone of the outer wall until she reached the area where the large, front door used to be. She could see where the newer dragons had cut the wood make their doors. Pushing through the rubble, Fusion could not stop herself from crying as she looked around at the carnage.

The ballroom was gone... the kitchen... Only the library remained intact.

Gazing up at the stairs, the woman didn't dare climb them, too dangerous in her current form. Besides, her and Arget's room was on the first floor anyway. She stepped through the large archway that led into the ruined ballroom, heading

out of the archway at the other end of it, taking her to a hallway of dormatories.

Most of the rooms were either completely gone or just a pile of rocks with shattered beds visible underneath.

Fusion still remembered the number that was on their door, but there were no doors, so no numbers. A gentle beam of light hit her eyes when she raised her head from digging through the rubble. Squinting, Fusion looked up to the sun. Oh how good it felt to be witnessing the sunrise, greeting the dawn... The sunrise was the most beautiful part of the day in her opinion.

"Good to see you, old friend." She whispered to the rising sun, basking in its warm glow.

She saw it so rarely because of staying up early and waking up late. And having missed it because of a two hundred year absense only added to it.

Fusion stopped staring at the brightening horizon and got back to her work, she needed to find something... she needed to find it desperately. Finally the woman's hand struck something familiar.

Shifting back into her dragon form, Fusion heaved boulders away from her target, only transforming back into the dainty figure when she had excavated the whole room.

The closet was non-existent, same with the bed. It's silken sheets had been destroyed by the elements and time, same with the wooden bedframe. The only thing had had remained partially intact was the marble vanity.

The vanity's mirror was gone save for a few sharp shards around the edges of the frame, but that was all. Sure, there were some chunks missing from the edge, but what did that matter?

Fusion rummaged through the vanity's drawers like a madman, yanking them open and picking through them in a buzzard-like fashion. She didn't stop until she found what she was looking for: a thick lock of blue hair tied together tightly with a red ribbon. No wonder the humans prized dragon materials; they were extremely resiliant against the effects of time.

Sitting down on a boulder, she fingered the strands of hair as if they were delicate strands of silk. "I can't believe it's still here..." Fusion mumbled as joyful tears streamed down her face and onto her lap, creating a temporary stain on her cotton dress.

Niomi looked up at her sister, cocking her transparent head at her older sister's nostalgia attack. She floated up through the floor and placed her paw on Fusion's knee, trying to get her to notice her.

Fusion turned her gaze away from the blue hair to Niomi. Her eyes widening in amazement as she realied who it was. She dropped the lock of hair and dropped to her knees so she could be at eye level with Niomi. Niomi reached forward and pulled Fusion into a loose hug, not wanting to fall through her.

"Where have you been all these years?"

"Looking for you."

"How have you been?"

"Perfectly fine, ghostly. Still don't know when I'm going to go on. Sometimes I really hate it here..." Niomi pulled away from Fusion and gave her a weird look. "You know, if I was still here, I'd be just a little bit younger than you. I wonder how I'd look."

Fusion turned away from Niomi's stare, not really enjoying the image of Niomi all grown up, it reminded her of what was robbed from her little sister. "Nevermind that now. I overheard Keisha saying something about Doom's father a little while ago... What was all that about? Please... please for the love of gods, don't tell me that that... that FIEND is coming back here. Tell me that when we killed him he stayed dead."

"Sorry, sis... I hate to add insult to injury... But he's coming here. He wants revenge, Fuse!"

"Stop it! He's not coming back! He... He's dead. You were there! We all killed him!" Fusion shrieked, hastily getting to her feet and backing away from the ghost. "He's not ****ing coming back!"

"Fusion, calm down and listen to me!"

"He's not..."

"Fusion-"

"He's not coming back!"

Niomi sighed and gently scooped the lock of hair off the floor, having to carry it lightly so it wouldn't slip through her paws. She nudged Fusion's side with her muzzle and set the hair in her hand. "Please, calm down. I know it's frightening... It'll be alright."

She gripped the lock of hair in her hand. "You don't know that."

Niomi sighed. "Get out of here, you found what you came for. I don't want to see you until he's here. Maybe that will make you go back to your old, tough self: Looking death in the face and laughing like hell."

Fusion glared at the little spring hatchling ghost. "Be claimed by Zille if you're going to have that attitude. I can here to find a memory and instead I get told off by my little sister."

Fusion stood up straight and tall, shapeshifting back into a dragon. Arget's hair clasped in her paw. She spread her wings and lifted off, using the early morning drifts to catch her wings. Well, she had her physical memory, now to make it a mental one.

Fusion let go of the piece of mane, levitating it in front of her. With a mixture of magic and raw power, the blue hair slowly transformed into long, silky, transparents strands.

She levitated the strands to her face and breathed them in, grimacing as the memories sunk through her head and into her mind. It restored more of her sanity and brought back good memories of times she'd rather not forget.

Finally, gaps in time were filled as she remembered everything she had forgotten.

Fusion floated back down to the ground, coasting on the drafts and lightly landing on the ground. How good it felt to fly again!

She looked to the sky and frowned. "Niomi's right... We'll be ready for the Dark Master to arrive... We'll be ready, you censorkip.gif***."

~~~~~

Ellen watched in wonder as the dorsal dragon flew around the Grounds, never before having took the time to just sit and watch. She was startled when a little water hatchling shot lightning from his mouth, dragons truly were amazing, weren't they?

~~~~~

Cydae made a funny face at Doom. "If you missed me, you dissed me, now you gotta kiss me." She taunted.

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

Doom growled as he bit into the meat, the pink really testing his patience now. "Don't tempt me..." He said, his eyes still red, ready to pounce her and rip her to pieces should she go to far.

---------------------------------

Akula swam back into the lake and surfaced near another edge, looking around for a spot to sunbathe. He spotted something odd in between some of the trees. He swam over and saw a human. As much as he despised humans, he couldn't help but notice she was slightly ragged looking. He always liked to help hurt creatures. "Hello?...Are you okay?" He said, his fluent English finally coming in handy after all those years. He smiled a friendly smile, or what looked like one on a dragon and waited a response.

'Arright... -Ashur let off a sigh of anxiety. Using a firearm was as alien to him as making pancakes out of dried fly wings... something nobody even probably tried, or thought of before.

Once he'd reached a quiet patch of smouldering town ruins, the grey drew the Model 18- or "Headbuster" as he'd named it for its headshotting potential, and examined it. Running his thumb over the metallic construct of the rifle, he fingered the different mechanisms delicately. A slight current running from his hands reverberated within the weapon and gave him a detailed idea of how it functioned.

After a good fifteen minutes of the process, he had a bleak idea of what was necessary. Taking several bullets from his backpack, he loaded one appropriately and primed the weapon for firing. He held it up, and aimed at the nearest target that caught his fancy... a shopsign.

He pulled the trigger...

*BANG*

Daaaaaamn that was loud, but he hit the sign, nevertheless. The hole the round had made was bigger than what he expected, but so was the recoil. This would take some practice. Setting out a dozen rounds, Ashur started to repeat the process again and again, bullet after bullet... By the time the shop sign looked like swiss cheese, he'd gotten the hang of it.

Now came the more interesting weapon... the sawed-off shotgun. He'd not yet devised a name for it, but once he drew it, he already knew it would be very useful for running escapes. The weapon was very very lightweight in his hands and held two rounds, rather than just one.

It was much easier to figure out what priming it required, seeing as the mechanism practically begged to be used. Relaoding was a sinch and Ashur had learned how to do it like a champ in under five minutes. There wasn't much to it either way...

'So, let's see how much damage this does... -he aimed the weapon at a barrel some distance from himself, and pressed the trigger.

*BANG*

Goddaaaaamn! That was even LOUDER than the rifle! To his disappointment, the barrel was barely harmed since the round seemed to scatter, rather than go right for its target. Ashur moved in closer to the barrel, took aim and pressed the trigger again.

After the loud noise and puff of smoke, there was a lot to be happy about. The barrel had a hole in it the size of a human head, and then some. The affected area was completely ripped apart as if some vicious animal had been mauling on it for hours and gone clean through. Ashur could only picture it's effects on a human victim... brutally glorious!

Cocking the weapon free of the empty cartridges, he reloaded it, and re-holstered it.

He remained still for a few moments, focusing on the silence. It was so quiet around him... except for...

Ashur spun around and drew the loaded pistol, aimed it and fired in an instant.

His target, however, flew off. It was a pigeon he'd heard behind himself, but he'd missed with his shot.

Cursing silently, he re-holstered the pistol, and cracked his knuckles. There was something he'd forgotten about... melee.

'Hmmm... -he looked at his own fingers while opening and closing his palms slowly.

'What was it Aster said about certain dragons in human form? -he asked himself. Spotting a metal pipe nearby, he went over, picked it up, and started to bend it like a twig with his bare hands!

'The strength is only limited by our mindset! -he reaffirmed and twisted the metal pipe apart, into two segments, dropped one, then methodically started to crush the other bit until it was a lump of useless metal.

'Now all I need is a bar for me to get into a brawl in. -he jested, and dropped the now useless scrap metal. But the bar fights would have to wait... heh ad a job to do. Making sure all his weapons were primed and ready for use, then looked around for a good shady secluded spot.

An alley to his right, desolate and in ruin seemed like the closest option, fair enough. Ashur slinked inside, shifted to his normal form and hastily ascended. Once in the air, he scanned the grounds below for his next target.

Keisha blinked, staring at what was going on in front of her. I don't think Doom has many friends... She thought to herself, swallowing the remains of her meat, eyeing the pink. She walked over to her mate, whispering into his ear. "Who's that?"

Ellen looked at the dragon with utter amazement. Had he just spoken to her? With english? All she had ever heard the blasted dragons speak was some growly gibberish. She walked as close to the barrier as she dared, testing when she got to it by lightly tapping her finger in front of her until it touched something solid. Sitting down beside the barrier, Ellen peered at Akula curiously. "Can all dragons talk in english?"

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

Doom looked at Keisha and appeared to be thinking for a moment. He sighed and whispered back. "Back when the grounds had just been uncovered, a pink dragonnaped me and Fusion ended up killing her. That pink is the exact same." Doom said, his voice gripped with malicious intent.

---------------------------------

Akula smiled when she spoke and answered her question eagerly. "Unfortunatley, no, not all of us can speak english, but some of us learned it, whether because they were near a village or because their parents did." He sighed a bit at the mention of his parents, but brightened up immediatley. He wiggled his flippers a bit, getting the water off them.

"Hellooooo~!" Cydae chimed loudly at Keisha in a singsong voice. "Guess Doomy-woomy never told you about us, eh?" She had to force herself not to fall over, but could not stop herself from laughin like a madman.

~~~~~

"Interesting... How long can you stay out of the water? Can you fly at all?" Ellen asked, inching closer to the barrier.

'Industrial, industrial, industrial, hmmm... -he muttered under his breath while scanning the towns he could see below. Most of them seemed like regular cities with no concentrated industrial activity. A few of them had some larger structures with unknown functionality, and one, the one further into the flatlands had a large factory-like structure that produced a lot of fumes.

Fumes meant fire... fire meant destruction. Out of all the towns, that one was Ashur's safest bet as a key supplier for the human forces.

It wasn't a long flight, in fact, it was roughly what felt like fifteen minutes of casual gliding for Ashur, until the entire city complex was distinguishable. There were several roads leading into the city, and the largest had a continuous stream of vehicles upon it. If ever Ashur had a chance to get inside without arousing suspicion, especially with all the weapons he just 'happened' to be lugging on his person, he would need to blend into the masses and have a good story to cover his true identity and malevolent intentions.

Landing in a safe location by the main road, he shifted into his human form and checked his gear. Thankfully, it was all still there. The grey approached the road and started walking towards the city, examining the different rigs and vehicles that passed on the road to his right. Some were very large, very noisy and bore the stench of crudely made fuel and exhaust fumes. others were smaller in size and looked as if they were intended as nothing more than a means of transport for no more than two or four humans.

'And I thought I was lazy...

Several minutes and a short trek later, one of the vehicles heading towards the city pulled over ahead Ashur. A young man walked out and waved at the grey.

'Hello there! Are you heading into town? -he asked and went for a handshake once they were right in front of each other.

'Uhh... okay, here goes.

'I do say I am headed into town, yes! -Ashur replied and shook hands with the human.

'That's a long walk you're on there... and bloody hell, what's with all the guns? -the human asked after spotting the two firearms on Ashur's back.

'Ohhh, I'm on mi' way back from a hunt, unsuccessful if I might add, very bad trip this was. Not a single catch! Not one! And then my vehicle broke down in the middle of the bloody woods! Grah! Very bad luck, you see, very bad! The name's Howard, by the way.

'Ah I see. Samuel's my name. You must be from one of the lodges down there. I heard they don't live up to their marketing standards eh? Rough try, getting some help from a pack of underdeveloped savages like em'. I'm surprised you own a machine at all if you're with them, ya know. No offence.

'Ehh none taken. Well I'd best be on my way... -"Howard" replied and went for a goodbye handshake.

'Wait wait, I'm headed into town, if you want a lift, I'd be more than happy... -Samuel gestured at his car.

'Weeell... -Ashur looked at the city. The walk alone would take him at least two hours. -Alright then. Thanks. -he agreed, albeit reluctantly, and the two headed off towards the machine. Samuel took the driver's seat on the left, and Ashur sat to the right. They closed the doors, and took off.

Immediately there were a multitude of things that made Ashur cringe in discomfort.. the soft leather seat, the vibrations, the engine noises, and moving without exerting any efforts, all seemed unnatural to him... but he remained visually unaffected.

'So, I'm headed off towards the post office, that's in the town centre. Is that a good place for me to drop ya off, because it's as far as I'mma go.

'It's good. I'll be fine from there... -Ashur nodded.

While he was no fan of idle chatter with a human, he spent the next thirty or so minutes indulged in it, making stuff up as they conversed. By the time he arrived at the town centre, completely undetected, he'd unwillingly devised pretty much all the details of his undercover persona.

Edited by Ælex

Doomy-Woomy? Who the hell does she think she is? Keisha growled softly, stepping in front of the pink, the flame markings on her body glowing red. "I've heard about you," she hissed "but he never actually told me what you looked like. 'Doomy-Woomy' has told me everything about you." Her normally brown eyes started to turn red. "And I think... If you want to be on my good side, I suggest you pipe down and go find someone else to bother."