mickiloo97

Coexist or War

Taiga took the water and did as told. Though it stung, he didn't allow himself to wince. Taking a deep breath, he sighed and looked at what concoction she had whipped up for him. It reminded him more of muddy water than anything. "Bog?" He asked, smirking. If he could have swallowed without pain, he would have. Taking one more deep breath, he closed his eyes and shrugged. He got the substance into his mouth, allowing it to slip into his throat, trying to get it to stop in the pocket in his throat. Luckily, he was able to get it to do so and quickly spat it all out. He coughed. The flavor was akin to that of a bogs. Everything about it. Wincing, he looked at Galatea. "Remind me to push your head in the next bog I find, Galatea. That was disgusting. And I thought eating dirt was. Hah. I didn't know gross until I gargled that stuff."

Galatea rolled her eyes. "Yeah, it's not over yet. You still need to do that again later." She smirked at him, "Now get back to your fighting. But no more sand!" She pointed off in the general direction where she knew the battle was coming from and walked calmly back inside the tent. She sighed. Taiga wasn't the brightest dragon in the world, but he was the one she was most comfortable around. Probably because she's known him the longest, or because she's learned that she can push him around more than she can others (excluding the other healers) and for some reason, and that made her feel safe around him. Even if he was an idiot sometimes, he was probably her best friend.

Edited by mickiloo97

Taiga grinned. Jumping in the general direction of the previous battle, he changed and glided the rest of the way to the area. Landing heavily as always, the dragon looked at Traddine and Makaidos. "Forgive my brashness earlier, Makaidos. I have always been thus. I was told that my heart is too big," He said. The large dragon felt no need to change. There were no humans nearby. He couldn't smell them. Aside from that, if he was there, they wouldn't aim their guns at the two smaller, more important members of his Clan. The dragon glanced back to where the humans had been hiding before and then at the Leader of his Clan. "I do believe that, this time, we have saved Makidona from another attack. But, it is your call, Makaidos," He knew that he shouldn't be talking so much, but there was no stopping it. Taiga would never show weakness in front of his Leader. Not talking would make it clear that he had hurt himself once more.

((Ok so um.... I'm a bit confused to what happened over night. recap?))

((Dude, you can't read? Taiga took the wounded back to the clan, then returned to the fight. C'mon LLD! I know we're all lazy here, but you could at least put in a little effort.))

Akito marched back into the square and quickly scanned around, paying attention to everyone that was there. Not many Weres were around, hearing the previous gunshots, they had all run and hid in their tents, hoping that the clan wouldn't get involved. Lucky for them, Akito chose not to.

Akito paused and turned back to his tent, looking for Unah. He found her walking off and sitting on a rock, sunning herself as most elders do. Seeing her resting, he left her alone and entered the healers' tent.

As Akito entered, the smell of blood and sickness assaulted him. He recoiled, covering his noes with his hand. He coughed, but powered through. Stepping forward into the stench, he took short, shallow breaths. The healers there seemed to be completely unaffected by this and kept working as they were. As he passed, they nodded towards him, then continued without word. As he looked around, he realized that the majority of his clan was on these cots. His head fell and his jaw tightened in frustration.

He had to take Unah's advice, because they were loosing this war.

Edited by mickiloo97

((I would read but well some sigs are bit to flashy to read the posts for me.....))

Traddine looked at the body's of the dead now. With the fight done with now he could return but did not right away. He saw the body's of his clan members on the ground dead. The wounded had been taken away to be cared for. He looked at the dead and lowered his head. He sighed and began collect the dead of there clan.

Edited by little lost dragon

((*facepalm* The humans have already left, LLD... Taiga is trying to ask Makaidos if he still wants to attack, I think...))

((@LLD: lol, fail.))

Makaidos was now quite certain that the humans were not coming back, so he ordered most of the warriors to return to camp. As they left to follow his orders, he saw taiga burst through the woods, landing in front of him. Listening to his apology, makaidos responded with a grin and a chuckle, "I forgive you, but tell me, has anyone ever told you that your brain is too small?" makaidos laughed again. When taiga gave him his perspective on the attack, makaidos responded, "we may have saved it from this attack, but I am worried that they will attack again. A few of our more able warriors will camp here tonight, in case something arises during the night, but we will not be attacking any time soon." he turned into a dragon to go explain the plan to his soldiers. Throwing his head over his shoulder, he called back to taiga, "taiga, you should go back and get that throat of yours taken care of. You can't fool me."

((Short but edited. (This post will be deleted either when I get home from school or next break after lunch)))

Taiga dipped his head to Makaidos. Unfortunately, he hadn't been careful enough obviously. The wound wouldn't keep Taiga from fighting. In fact, there were very few things that could. He jumped into the earth and swam the rest of the way, taking the path of least resistance. Once he was near the camp, Taiga changed into a human and walked back into camp. He walked into the medical tent and looked at those who were wounded. It was awful. Truly awful. He should have been there to stop it all. "Galatea, is there any way I can help? There sure is a lot of Weres here. I-I... Give me something to do, I've already done all that I can," Taiga felt absolutely helpless as he looked at his fellow Clanmates laying in pools of their own blood, dying as they waited for help from the very shorthanded healers.

Galatea patted medicine onto a dragon's wound, but turned abruptly when she heard her name again. She sighed in relief when she was it was only Taiga. He ran to her, asking if he could help. She thought about it. There wasn't much a Were like him could do, really; meaning, one without medical experience. She finished dabbing the ointment into a wound and wrapped it tightly in gauze. She gingerly lay a hand on the wound and told the dragons softly that he could not transform until it was healed, and he was to come back twice a week to change out the bandages.

The dragon nodded and grunted as he rose, but made his way out of the tent successfully, and without knocking anything over.

Focusing on Taiga again, she sighed. "I-.. I don't know, Taiga. I guess..." She bit onto her lip in thought. "Just follow healers around and tell them you're here to assist in any way possible. Hmm... On that thought, come here." She turned quickly, like she always did when there was a battle beginning to clear out, and slipped between healers and patients alike. She came to a cot with a man that was very badly wounded. Large cuts on his arms and legs, along with an arrows and bullets stuck in his torso marked him as a warrior, and the torn picture of a child falling from his pocket marked him as a father.

She turned to her friend, "I need you to get water."

She dismissed him and turned back to the victim. Seeing as he was already passed out, she would have to worry about any pain treatment might cause.

Her eyes slipped shut and the stone on her forehead began to glow faintly. In a matter of seconds, the bullets imbedded in his body were dropping into a metal dish next to them. She groaned as her eyes flew open again, and as a yellow substance began to ooze from many bullet-wounds. She grunted to herself and snatched up a towel laying next to the metal bowl. She hold the towel tightly over the wounds, and waited patiently for Taiga's return with water.

Taiga nodded, running quickly to retrieve the water. When he returned, he noticed that the bullets had been removed from the Were's severely wounded body. He offered the water to Galatea. If he'd been paying closer attention, he would have noticed that she looked faint. He would have had her sit down or something. But, as it was, Taiga was a bit of a dunce when it came to observation. "Here, Galatea. You do know how to help him, right?" He asked. Taiga mentally rebuked himself over and over again. It was foolish of him to be playing with the little ones rather than fighting. He should have been the first there. He was one of the biggest and strongest of the Clan, and yet he was too busy keeping the children occupied and harming himself to fight. That wouldn't be so next time. He would be there. He would be there to protect his Clanmates. Never again would he be absent from a battle. Not even Galatea's orders would keep him from going to fight.

Galatea took the water gladly and carefully dribbled handfuls of water into the wounds. Yellow puss oozed once again out of the deep cuts and she cringed. The injuries were very bad, and getting infected; worse by the second.

When the water was gone and the wounds were free of dirt, she glanced to another table about twenty feet from her. An odd white ointment sat there and she focused on it. Her stone began to glow again and quickly flew towards her. Her hand swiftly flew into the air and caught it with ease. Opening the jar, she slathered the thick cream into the wounds. The jar was placed onto the table next to her and she capped it. More gauze was wrapped around each wounds, and one large one around his entire abdomen.

She spun on her heel and faced Taiga. "When he wakes up, call me," she told him.

Large cuts on his arms and legs, along with an arrows and bullets stuck in his torso marked him as a warrior, and the torn picture of a child falling from his pocket marked him as a father.

Hate to be picky, but you said the clans don't have technology beyond simple metalwork and such. How does this weredragon have a picture? I thought they hated technology?

Hate to be picky, but you said the clans don't have technology beyond simple metalwork and such. How does this weredragon have a picture? I thought they hated technology?

Simple. Charcoal and parchment. Also, they steal things that humans bring in sometimes, but that isn't quite relevant to the picture...))

Akito glanced at Caroline as she rushed after him. He glared to himself. She was becoming very clingly lately, and it was starting to bother him, but he decided to put up with it. After all, she was his deputy.

"No, Caroline." He looked back up and searched through the assortment of cots, and men and women laying on them. He cursed to himself. What Unah said was true, and Caroline and he must rethink their strategy.

He turned around and pushed past the girl and stormed back into their tent, glancing back as he did, almost calling the deputy after him.

Edited by mickiloo97

((Ok Kokay must want to make it nearly impossible to read there posts and give seizures. As a result I may not have details correct))

Traddine headed back for the camp and looked for Makaidos. When he found him he approched him "I'm sorry to interrupt if your doing anything." he started looking down "But from what I saw in the battle we need to decide on adapting our ways to combat the humans or move out. There just plain bringing in more power then before. Our arrows are almost useless on some of there suits and other things." he explained "We lost too many to warrant a victory." he said.

((LLD, a flashy signature shouldn't cause you to be unable to post. Next time, hit escape to stop the animation. If that doesn't work, read the posts from the bottom of the "Reply" screen.))

Taiga nodded. The Were was uncomfortable in the confined tent, but he knew it was for the betterment of his Clan. So, he put up with it. He stood, eyes locked on the man. He felt like a guardian angel, and wondered if their life was as placid as it seemed. He shifted his weight, but not his eyes. It would be a long night. He hoped that the healers would be capable of handling what had been thrust onto their plates this day.

~~~

Lora sat down in her chair, sipping daintily at her hot cup of tea. Across from her sat Richmond Winarski. Rich had previously been her competitor in the election. It had been a close call, and it was clear that Rich still held a considerable amount of anger towards Lora. Using that coincidence, Lora had claimed to be trying to make things better between the two of them. So far, only the best had happened. She had been utterly polite. Rich had thrown some touchy subjects around, but she deflected them expertly. Now, it was time to appeal to her former competitor. "Well, Richmond. I must say that tonight has been quite lovely. I am very glad that you agreed to meet me here. But, now we have some business to talk about," She set the tea cup down and stood, flattening the uncomfortable dress skirt. "Please, come with me."

They walked to the edge of town. She had told General Vang to leave the door unlocked. And, as trustworthy as he always was, Vang had done his job right. Richmond stopped and looked cautiously at Lora. "Come, there is something I need you to see out here, please. Trust me," After a bit more prodding, the elderly man followed her out. He reminded her somewhat of a grandfather. Lucky for her. Lora removed her high heels and walked barefoot, headed to the East. What a happy coincidence that the man hadn't noticed her remove her shoes. The night was creeping up on them. Lora walked into the forest, on the Kametians' land. A roar shook the earth she stood on, and she jumped, looking more than slightly frightened. Lora ran, knowing Richmond was more than turned around now. She watched him run, straight into the camp. The poor man might have had a chance, if he didn't have his weapons on him.

~~~

Unah was walking through the forest. When she saw two humans, well dressed, she was infuriated. Of course she roared! The female ran away into the forest, but the male ran towards the camp. The white dragon intercepted him. Tackling him, Unah knocked him out. She then picked up the human. A gunshot ripped through the air, hitting her leg. The searing pain did not stop the determined she-dragon, however. She walked back to the camp, limping. Perhaps the man had not been unconscious when she'd picked him up. She had been shot, after all. Unah saw that many of the other dragons were infuriated when they saw her with the human. There were roars, hisses, and whispers. Unah had to find Akito. "Akito! Where are you?!"

Edited by Kokay

((May work if only couple of posts are made. But if you need to read more then a couple posts like a whole page or more that does not work. which means that flashy sig is still distracting. Making it really hard to focus. For people with big screen its hard to try to read all posts with this flashy thing going on in your vision.))

((LLD, a flashy signature shouldn't cause you to be unable to post. Next time, hit escape to stop the animation. If that doesn't work, read the posts from the bottom of the "Reply" screen.))

Taiga nodded. The Were was uncomfortable in the confined tent, but he knew it was for the betterment of his Clan. So, he put up with it. He stood, eyes locked on the man. He felt like a guardian angel, and wondered if their life was as placid as it seemed. He shifted his weight, but not his eyes. It would be a long night. He hoped that the healers would be capable of handling what had been thrust onto their plates this day.

~~~

Lora sat down in her chair, sipping daintily at her hot cup of tea. Across from her sat Richmond Winarski. Rich had previously been her competitor in the election. It had been a close call, and it was clear that Rich still held a considerable amount of anger towards Lora. Using that coincidence, Lora had claimed to be trying to make things better between the two of them. So far, only the best had happened. She had been utterly polite. Rich had thrown some touchy subjects around, but she deflected them expertly. Now, it was time to appeal to her former competitor. "Well, Richmond. I must say that tonight has been quite lovely. I am very glad that you agreed to meet me here. But, now we have some business to talk about," She set the tea cup down and stood, flattening the uncomfortable dress skirt. "Please, come with me."

They walked to the edge of town. She had told General Vang to leave the door unlocked. And, as trustworthy as he always was, Vang had done his job right. Richmond stopped and looked cautiously at Lora. "Come, there is something I need you to see out here, please. Trust me," After a bit more prodding, the elderly man followed her out. He reminded her somewhat of a grandfather. Lucky for her. Lora removed her high heels and walked barefoot, headed to the East. What a happy coincidence that the man hadn't noticed her remove her shoes. The night was creeping up on them. Lora walked into the forest, on the Kametians' land. A roar shook the earth she stood on, and she jumped, looking more than slightly frightened. Lora ran, knowing Richmond was more than turned around now. She watched him run, straight into the camp. The poor man might have had a chance, if he didn't have his weapons on him.

~~~

Unah was walking through the forest. When she saw two humans, well dressed, she was infuriated. Of course she roared! The female ran away into the forest, but the male ran towards the camp. The white dragon intercepted him. Tackling him, Unah knocked him out. She then picked up the human. A gunshot ripped through the air, hitting her leg. The searing pain did not stop the determined she-dragon, however. She walked back to the camp, limping. Perhaps the man had not been unconscious when she'd picked him up. She had been shot, after all. Unah saw that many of the other dragons were infuriated when they saw her with the human. There were roars, hisses, and whispers. Unah had to find Akito. "Akito! Where are you?!"

Akito stood straight and looked around, confused and alert as roars and yells ripped through the silence. He watched as Unah limped into camp. What in the world had happened?!

He quickly transformed into the fearsome dragon that he was and ran up to her. As others growled at the elder, he glared fiercely at them, giving a small, dominate roar of his own. "Unah! What happened?!" His head shot towards her wound, searching for the exact reason it was there. When he stood again, finding her eyes, he was shocked at what she was carrying.

He stepped back. U-.. Unah! What happened?" he asked with utmost seriousness. He looked over the human; it didn't appear to be struggling too much. It smelled odd. He hasn't seen too many humans quite this close, and he certainly couldn't inspect them as he was doing now. He nudged beneath her jaw, asking her to drop the human.

Unah moved the human to the ground gently and looked up at Akito. "I found two humans in the forest. One of them fled, but this one was running towards the camp. When I moved to knock him out, I was shot," She said matter-of-factually. She looked at all of the enclosing dragons and hissed pointedly at them. "Stay back. We must decide what to do with this creature," She growled. Akito was hot headed, but she knew he would choose right. Or, she hoped he would choose to let the human go. "Akito, what should we do with it?" She asked.

Akito growled. His first instinct was, of course, to kill it. But that's what the humans would've expected. He curled his lips in disgust. Their wrath upon this one human, would be a tenth of if one of the Weres entered human territory.

As much as he hated the idea, they would have to, essentially, copy the human's tactics.

His eyes slowly raised to meet the healer's. "We'll have to retaliate."

His voice was completely solemn as he said this. As much as the humans disgusted him, they were witty with their battle strategies. Copying theirs is something they would never be expecting, and never be prepared for.

He turned to the healing tent, calling out a healer, "Someone take him. Keep him in the healing tent, keep an eye on him." As a healer transformed into a small, interestingly colored dragon, she took the human into her jaws and proceed to carry him into the healing tent, when he was surrounded by others, hoping to get a good look at him.

Akito found his deputy in the crowd and called to her, "Caroline! Gather the rest of the militia! We're heading to Catos."

"No! No you're not! Akito! Think this through!" Unah roared. She knew that this was unheard of and foolish, but she wasn't going to allow others to be killed because of one little human. "I'm old and useless in battle. A small wound is nothing. I will accept it. Do not march! We are weak in numbers and in morale. The humans have so many more fighters than we! Let us send the human back! It is the least we can do! To avoid a war that would result in the demolition of all of Kametia, I would give my own life. Let me take him to the wall. That way, not one human can say we are brutes. We can keep our good names."

Akito gave a single large shake of his head. "Unah, they know that. We have to get them while they're not expecting it." he grunted. "We're definitely not sending this thing back to them. No matter what." He sat, "But perhaps you are correct; that we are too weak in numbers..."

He sighed. He was starting to get pumped too, but as the reality hit him, he decided that Unah was right, yet again. His head dropped, falling into his chest and he sighed. He looked over the clan, and with a quick burst, took off straight up into the sky.

Unah frowned. She knew Akito was brash. He needed time to cool off and think. She needed time to look around and heal. Perhaps, she would take matters into her own hands. As the night wore on, Unah found herself laid down by the human, watching him with a certain knowing expression. Her memories were flaring up again. She had known this man longer than Akito knew. The grizzled Were changed into a human, grunting softly at the pain in her leg. She touched the man's face, regretting the times that had passed. For a moment, she wanted him to wake up. She imagined his joy at finding her once more. But, the fleeting hope was dashed. He had told her never to come back. She didn't intend to go against his will. Unah would wait until Akito wasn't paying attention, and she would take Richmond Winarski back to his home.