AlphawolfAmaroq

PI or Pie day?

I honestly never knew this day exsisted until today, where I saw a surplus of happy pi/pie day. Safe to say I had no pie whatsoever.

This is the first year I'd heard about it, but yeah. Several of us brought pie to school. So basically we just sat around eating pie and watching the KU game on the projector during reading.

Happy Pi Day! We used to get pie in high school for math class, but I'm in college (and on spring break) so no free pie for me. I have been wanting to try making a pie and today would have been perfect, but I didn't get the change. D:

I think my friends remembered. They must hate Pi, we had Cake. But then again, we also had Pizza.

Hah! Definitely counts.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

This year my math class brought/ ate pie! Then we made a chain of numbers to go around the class. It was the best! smile.gif

Edited by imperatrica101

The engineering college at my university has a pi week, where you pay to send a pie to someone so they get pied in the face. They can pay ten dollars to either bounce it to someone else or buy it and eat it and so on. All the money raised is donated to charity after the week.

I honestly never knew this day exsisted until today, where I saw a surplus of happy pi/pie day. Safe to say I had no pie whatsoever.

Me, too.

I heard that people specializing in math are trying to create something that replace pi.

Darn it. I always celebrate Pi Day but this year it slipped past me until I saw this thread just now. Arrrgh.

My friend is in engineering school and she's known so many of the numbers of pie since high school...so she always texts me to wish me happy pi day, and I can never forget about it. biggrin.gif

And my cafe was serving homemade peanut butter pie that die (by sheer coincidence, I'm sure), so I could celebrate that way. wink.gif

I celebrated pi day by screaming, "Happy Pi Day!" out the window of the bus at 3:14 pm smile.gif

Heh.. it's interesting. Pi day celebrated Pi, as well as Albert Einstein's Birthday.

Also, Shares my birthday as well. >w<

I celebrated pi day by screaming, "Happy Pi Day!" out the window of the bus at 3:14 pm  smile.gif

The celebrating time should be 1:59

PI=~3.14159

March. 14th 1:59(26 sec)

In Korea, March 14th is called 'white day' which is reply for valentine's day

Edited by sh20000sh

^ I just laughed xd.png

the best numbers I know are 3.141592653589793238462643383

Ugh Pi dayd is different in Australia =C so March'd be 14/3 tongue.gif

I don't remember what day it is here... trying to think... maybe

edit: 22/7 (22nd of July) its the approximate thingy of pi (don't remember what it said >_<)

Edited by ChocolateIzzy

We actually had to write a two page report on pi for class. If we did we got a 100 test grade, and ironically cake, because the teacher doesn't know how to make pi. sleep.gif. This is how I celebrated pi day.

GUYS this is a duplicate thread! There is another Pi day thread, see for your self by searching, or doing it manually by looking in the final pages of general discussion

There's a contest at my school each year. Homeroom who wins gets intramural points for a pizza party! I'm representing my homeroom this year and I know 102 right now.