Verridith

Your OWN Holly Sprites

I've been seeing quite a few Holly revamps/fanart done by the users circulate through signatures (and I saw an avatar, but have no idea where it went). And so I got curious to see what all was out there. If you guys want to share your arts, come post them here! Satisfy this Blazeh's curiosity. (:

Sig. Probably anatomically incorrect xd.png

Edited by DarkEternity

I like it Dark (:

Hmm.. you know, I'm not exactly sure where this would go. Mods? *pokes around with a pointy stick*

And gnnn. You guys make me want to attempt my own Holly polish. :[

Edited by Verridith

Are we allowed to post these? Doesn't the general populous general frown upon editing sprites at all?

I`m not shure if we allowed to, because most of the "new" sprites are exactly based on the old holly.

Here's a link to the Official Art Usage thread http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=51554 Silvanon is the artist for the Holly sprites. Here's a copy of what her permissions include.

Artist: Silvanon

Use On Site: Yes

Edit for in order to fit on site (resizing, color cutting, etc): Yes

Recolor for use on site (just because, shinies, etc): Yes

Derivatives for use on site (Ascended, la femme, etc): Yes

Use On DC Forum: Yes

Use as avatars/project banners/etc: Yes

Edit for avatars/project banners (recolor, crop, scale): Yes

Derivative fan art (Drawings of, plushies, etc.): Yes

Use of pixel version in merchandise: Yes

Use of derivative versions (drawings, etc) in merchandise: Yes

Off Site Use Yes

Edits (including recolors) for Avatars, icons, banners, buttons, etc: Yes

Use as is fanart/avatars: Yes

Edit for fanart/avatars (recolor, crop, scale): Yes

Derivative fan art (Drawings of, plushies, etc.): Yes

Use of pixel version in merchandise: Please contact me for permission

Use of derivative versions (drawings, etc) in merchandise: Please contact me for permission

My sprites my not be redistributed on other pet sites.

Ah okay. That makes me much more comfortable about this thread, lol. I was a bit uneasy about it.

So that's where the art usage thread went! For some reason I was looking in all the wrong places.

I did some fanart of the holly last year as a request (I can't seem to find the complete version with everything shaded...)

user posted image

Pfffft, it's so bad compared to everyone elses that actually look like the holly DX

EDIT: Spelling...

Edited by albinosilver

Nah, that isn't that bad! XD None of them I've seen are terribly bad. The face is kyoote :3

I should do fanart of some sprites soon. Idk though. I have so many concepts going I don't know where to start, lol!

Edited by Verridith

You guys are tempting me with doing Holly fanarts. Maybe I could get away with a headshot -whacked-

Oh I'd love to see yours, Wookie.

You still gotta do a concept with me. :'[

Hmm, I had a thought about a competition once. Participants design holly sprites and the best one gets a (IOU) holly egg next christmashanakuwaza tongue.gif.

Oh, I so have to make a custom holly sprite. BRB.

Hmm, I had a thought about a competition once. Participants design holly sprites and the best one gets a (IOU) holly egg next christmashanakuwaza tongue.gif.

Hee, I might be able to supply the IoU if the contest actually went anywhere. But I also sort of want to try my own... even though I'm hardly a good spriter. :B

I can provide a prize, if the contest goes on smile.gif It's not the greatest lineaged Holly, but it's got Dorkface in there, and I don't believe it's inbred ^^

That could be really fun! I would certainly participate.

This is what I have of mine so far. :3 I made some changes to the holly dragon's design itself - gave it a little mane of plant-looking... stuff with holly berries, and extended the belly. I don't think I'm done yet - I haven't changed the shading much, so it still looks pretty pillowed - but I'm proud with how it's coming along.

user posted image

Okay now you guys make me want to be a part of this contest, lol!

Like how it's coming along, Diana~ Love those wings ^^

Diana: I LOVE yours; it captures the Holly's personality, AND keeps the hangbutt tongue.gif! I don't know why, but hangbutt is my FAVORITE feature of the Hollies xd.png. Edited by PieMaster

Hehe, thanks! biggrin.gif It was actually pretty fun to work on that.

I think I'm done. For comparison, here's the original and here's mine.

user posted imageuser posted image

I <3 Dianacat777's sprite. If the actual in-cave holly sprite were to change to that, I'd be very happy about it (and that's speaking as somebody who likes the current sprite the way it is.)