Shinobimasterz

Spells and Elemental Tomes

Elemental Tomes

Definition of TOME

1 a volume forming part of a larger work

2 book; especially : a large or scholarly book

In my suggestion, a tome would be both, a book and a part of a larger work!

There would be 5 different tomes:

1)Tome of Ice Spells

Egg Freeze - egg is frozen for 3 full days in which it doesn't receive views and the timer is stopped. After the three days pass, the egg returns to normal and is capable of receiving views and hatching. (influence and incubate are impossible at this time)

- egg does take up a slot

COOLDOWN: Usable 3 times a month

2) Tome of Water spells

Tide - a tide comes and sweeps your scroll of dead eggs

Cooldown - usable 3 times a month

3) Tome of Wind

4) Tome of Earth

Petrification - permanent egg freeze, egg does not count as a dragon in count for trophies

COOLDOWN: Usable 5 times a month

5) Tome of Life

Fertility - (since TJ suggested the change of the fertility we can transfer the old fertility into the tome of life)

Increase chance of offspring - won't stack up with the new Fertility (that increases chance of egg clutches)

6) Tome of Fire

Heaten - all the eggs are incubated for -16 hrs

does not stack up with INCUBATE BSA or multiple uses

Cooldown: usable 3 times a month

Each tome represents one specific Biome, Ice being the Alpine, Water being the coast etc.

You can acquire Tomes only by collecting every common and uncommon CB dragon from specific Biome. When acquired, the tome appears as a Badge on the scroll

When all five Tomes are acquired, they form The Book of Elemental Magic (also a badge)

Spells

Tomes would present sources of magic to a user

Possible spells:

Open to suggestions

(+ a question, what would be better, for each tome to give spells, and when the Book of Elemental Magic is acquired, those spells increase in power OR should the spells first be acquired when you get the book?)

Edited by Shinobimasterz

There is one large problem with that. What happens when a new breed(s) releases after supposilly completing one of the books? Do you lose the badge until you get the new breeds that book(s) covered?

Edited by Dolphinsong

Also bades does nothing for you except the collection ones that allows you to raise more dragons at a given time than with a different ranking.

GoN BSAs will NEVER happen as it is a rare dragon and TJ specifically stated no to rares having a BSA.

I think the idea itself is really interesting and something in DC that plays off of the elements like this would be a lot of fun, I think, but like it's been said above, I don't think it's really possible considering how new dragons are always being released and it would mean you'd always have badges coming and going as people get caught up and then fall behind again.

If there was another way to have something involving the elements like this, but a bit different so it was more plausible and would make more sense with game play, then I'd be interested in hearing about it. smile.gif

While I think the concept is really interesting, I agree its impractical. Every time a new dragon is released, it would become invalid. Also, considering how incredibly difficult it is to get a GoN, which depends on three uncommon dragons and a lot of time and luck, it doesn't seem fair to give it a BSA.

I do like a concept- I think it would be interesting if we could rework it some how...

If instead of collecting all the released dragons in a particular biome you had to collect X number (adults + frozen hatchlings) of those breeds, would that maybe work? Say you had to collect 50 from Ice to get the badge. It wouldn't matter which 50, just any 50. That way you'd never "lose" it just because a new dragon was released.

There's a con to that idea too though. People who only want one or two of each breed would take a very long time to get their badge for each biome. Also, what would happen with breeds that show up in multiple biomes?

One more question too. You have only 5 tomes. We have 6 biomes. A Life Tome perhaps? (for Jungle... which are the cradles of life.)

The GoN idea isn't going to work as you have it there, it seems. Because of the whole BSA for a super rare. What if you get a scroll boost from the Book of Elemental Magic, and the modifier increases somewhat if a GoN is present on the scroll?

So dragons available in multiple biomes, you'd have to grab one in each? I believe TJ has said before the site doesn't keep track of what biome it came from once grabbed or grown up.

To answer multiple questions

1) Once acquired the badge stays even though new dragons have been released

OR we can rework it in a new way

for example

we decide 3 (or more) breeds that represent the Ice tome (example: winter seasonal, Ridgewing and Ice - doesn't really matter what species it is at this moment )

And about the GON, well, it fits the idea the best though to prior notice from TJ and all the no rare bsa, it can be removed or changed

Look at The Book of Elemental magic as something special that increases our ability to do magic. It's either the GON version with it getting a BSA as the GON is actually connected to the elements OR it is the scroll enhancement through increasing stats

The only other option is that we get some Spells ingame. The dragons have special powers, why wouldn't the user get one?

And @Sock

i believe a simple script could be made that follows if we have x y and z dragon

Also corrected the missing 6th tome

Edited by Shinobimasterz

To answer multiple questions

1) Once acquired the badge stays even though new dragons have been released

OR we can rework it in a new way

for example

we decide 3 (or more) breeds that represent the Ice tome (example: winter seasonal, Ridgewing and Ice - doesn't really matter what species it is at this moment)

And about the GON, well, it fits the idea the best though to prior notice from TJ and all the no rare bsa, it can be removed or changed

Would the original idea mean new players had to work harder than older players to get the badge - because they'd have more dragons to get...

Three per tome seems very little, on the other hand.

I really can't see the GoN with a BSA though.

Would the original idea mean new players had to work harder than older players to get the badge - because they'd have more dragons to get...

Three per tome seems very little, on the other hand.

I really can't see the GoN with a BSA though.

Those are my concerns as well, that newer players would have to work harder and three per tome seems far too easy. If that were implemented, most players would already have all the badges. I think it should be something that you really have to work at, like with splash (100 times).

An alternative could be that each dragon represents a specific element. Ones found in multiple biomes could be tied to just one of the elements or excluded altogether. Then to acquire each badge, the player would need to collect x number of dragons from each list. But I think it'd need to be something pretty high, like 20 or something from each, otherwise you'd be able to get all the badges within a couple of weeks.

That's really the only way I could see something like this working, otherwise there just seem to be too many issues with it. Having the same dragon representing multiple tomes because it can be found in multiple biomes seems a little bit too complicated to me.

And on another note, I do love the idea of having spells in game, and that's an idea that I'd really love to see fleshed out, but I think it's really another idea entirely that would need some real work put into coming up with a plausible way for it to work.

Edited the suggestion:

Removed the BSA possibility

Presented Spells

Presented Spells? Sounds interesting- so it would give a user basically an extra possible action, but one that wasn't tied to any single dragon?

Seems like an effective way to get "BSAs" which are missing the "breed" part.

Right now I think the best way we have is x number from each biome. Then, even if a person only wants y of each dragon type, they could (in theory) just be really, really patient for more to be released.

Presented Spells? Sounds interesting- so it would give a user basically an extra possible action, but one that wasn't tied to any single dragon?

Seems like an effective way to get "BSAs" which are missing the "breed" part.

Right now I think the best way we have is x number from each biome. Then, even if a person only wants y of each dragon type, they could (in theory) just be really, really patient for more to be released.

Practically yes, though i still haven't defined any, i'm waiting to see what the public will think of this and what spells they can come up with that they want to use

And it will probably work like this:

Acquire xy number of an z number of dragons fom a specific biome to acquire the Tome

another idea I had is to change the dragon needed for a tome every week

it's just the start, this needs to be polished

What would the spells do, though? I feel like this would overlap with a lot of the suggested/potential BSAs.

As it stands, we as scroll owners already have three spells to our use. Fog, Revive, and Freeze. These are under our direct control, not through our dragons.

As it stands, we as scroll owners already have three spells to our use. Fog, Revive, and Freeze. These are under our direct control, not through our dragons.

yes, indeed we do and i'm aware of that

but since we have the possibility, why not make it interesting and even more playable

another idea I had is to change the dragon needed for a tome every week

How would that work once a player HAD the tome ?

But a lot of variables might be a strain on the server.

I honestly don't see us needing more spells when we can rely on dragons for most of the magic. For all we know, freeze might end up becoming a dragon BSA in the future, same with revive and fog for all we know.

How about this?

Small number of dragons of x biome = one simple spell. Freeze is an example. (Ice Tome) It's a magic spell, not literal ice, but comes from that tome.

Or say Heal from the Life Tome. Removes excess views down to just below the point where the sickness message would appear. Player collects more dragons from that biome and gets a level 2 spell: Revive. (yes, I know they can do that now. It just seemed like stronger magic than heal.) Collect even more dragons and get a level 3 spell. I didn't have an idea for that, but you see the idea.

I'd put Fog as a level 1 Wind Spell, but the ability to hide our dragons is so important to raising them I was hesitant. Freeze would be a level one Ice spell. Perhaps a level one Earth spell could be Petrify. It would be a magic spell that halts the development of babies in the shell but doesn't kill them. Or something. And so on.

Having something as a spell doesn't mean it can't also be a BSA. Perhaps there's a limit to how many times in a two week period you can use the magic tome.

Perhaps the Book of Elemental Magic could have the ability to recharge one spell per two week period. Effectively, it would remove one cool down from one spell.

How about this?

Small number of dragons of x biome = one simple spell. Freeze is an example. (Ice Tome) It's a magic spell, not literal ice, but comes from that tome.

Or say Heal from the Life Tome. Removes excess views down to just below the point where the sickness message would appear. Player collects more dragons from that biome and gets a level 2 spell: Revive. (yes, I know they can do that now. It just seemed like stronger magic than heal.) Collect even more dragons and get a level 3 spell. I didn't have an idea for that, but you see the idea.

I'd put Fog as a level 1 Wind Spell, but the ability to hide our dragons is so important to raising them I was hesitant. Freeze would be a level one Ice spell. Perhaps a level one Earth spell could be Petrify. It would be a magic spell that halts the development of babies in the shell but doesn't kill them. Or something. And so on.

Having something as a spell doesn't mean it can't also be a BSA. Perhaps there's a limit to how many times in a two week period you can use the magic tome.

Perhaps the Book of Elemental Magic could have the ability to recharge one spell per two week period. Effectively, it would remove one cool down from one spell.

TJ has already put forward the idea of fog as a BSA for greys. And he said right there that it could clearly not be disabled as an option, as we NEED to be able to do it when something is sick.

I can't quite warm to the idea of things we already have as available actions being part of tomes. I hope that wouldn't take them away from available actions - and if NOT - what is the point of repeating them ?

Now the idea of using a spell to remove the cooldown on an action - free off a freeze when you have used them all up; incubate an egg when you have used up all your incubates - not bad. As long as we don't lose any of the actions/BSAs we have...

Why would you want to petrify an egg ? *is curious*

Edited by fuzzbucket

Egg freezing is something a lot of us have wanted for a long time, but there are some user objections to the idea of killing the growing embryo. Petrify as a BSA or scroll action was one suggestion.

Egg freezing is something a lot of us have wanted for a long time, but there are some user objections to the idea of killing the growing embryo. Petrify as a BSA or scroll action was one suggestion.

Oh. OK....

Well, I'm not sure about you all, but this would be a nice thing, then we could have a suggestion for spells to use every once in awhile, or clear some of those BSA's that don't work as an BSA but would make sense if user magic made it happen....We have Release, Kill, Breed, Fog, Revive, Name, on our scroll as an action for all dragons......Well, so I don't think it would be to much harder to add another small actions.....

Petrify has been wanted, so this could help get it in.....

And like Fiona Bluefire's idea is nice, but not as much wanted.....

I'd Like to petrify and something below...

Revitalise: Free up all Cool Downs(Including breeding, Biting, and Killing)

25% Succes....All Cool Downs are now usable again. (Except for Revitalise)

50% Partial Success All Cool Downs have 1 day reduced time. (Except for Revitalise)

25% Fail. All Cool Downs have 1 day added time. (Including Revitalise)

Now between you all, I can't see a dragon doing that above, can you? Even a White wouldn't be able to generate that much magic, let alone the Artist Concept person be okay with it...

I hope this gets through, or at least have an added Spell/Magic Suggestion in the Suggestion area for people to have spells suggested that weren't quite good enough for a Bsa as dragons can't do that much magic....

And through this idea, to me, it sounds like themore the dragons the better, then you can use their magic to benefit you and them......

------

After all, sharing is caring and caring is giving the benefit of the doubt.....