padfoot

Recommended Books

Try Maniac Magee or the Fudge series by Judy Blume; I've them in middle school and elementary school respectively.

Hm...

Honestly I don't have much to offer, since I am a big fan of fanstasy. I would suggest going to Wattpad (website) for some casual reading.

The All-of-a-Kind Family books by Sydney Taylor are good! (Though they're a bit out of date.)

How about Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery?

The Trixie Belden mysteries by Julie Campbell and Kathryn Kenny (no murders, just mysteries).

Also try this booklist: http://www.rhml.lib.mo.us/rlunder13.htm

Happy Reading! cool.gif

Also, try the Nancy Drew series and the Hardy Boys, too. I just remembered them just now.

No fantasy? There are some lovely fantasy books for your age. If you want to try some fantasy :

Try The Enchanted Forest series by Patricia C Werde - Dealing with Dragons, Calling on Dragons, Searching for Dragons -(Can't think of the other title but they are fun books.)

Anne McCafferey Dragon Song, Dragon Singer and Dragon Drums also known as the Harper Hall trilogy.

Non - Fantasy books:

The Black Stallion series ( Some of the books are a little out there but most are good if I recall correctly.)

Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Book.

Anne of Green Gables yes.

The little house books ( If you haven't read them all ready.)

Edited by Ramica

Try Blizzard's Wake. It's a really good book for elementary and middle schoolers.

The All-Of-A-Kind Family series by Sydney Taylor

The Secret Garden, and A Little Princess by Frances Hodgeson Burnett.

Heidi by Johanna Spyri.

The Sue Barton series by Helen Dore Boylston - an interesting look at what nursing was like back in the 1930s or so, partially based on the authors own experiences.

Little Women, Little Men, and Jo's Boys, along with Under the Lilacs, Jack and Jill, Eight Cousins, and Rose in Bloom by Louisa May Alcott.

Haddix's series called 'The Missing' is a great series for Tweens, such as yourself an me (I'm under 13)

I'm on the fourth book, I'd probably be done with the series if my mom had took me to the library sooner then yesterday... sad.gif

Then there is The Prisoner of Cell 25 (Or something like that..) It's new series, and I think the second book comes in September...

Hatchet is a classic too...

Guardians Of Ga'hoole and The Wolves of Beyond are great too!

Dragon Slippers and it's sequels....

*Sees this post by Alse15*

Honestly I don't have much to offer, since I am a big fan of fanstasy. I would suggest going to Wattpad (website) for some casual reading.

I used to be on there... O_O

Jim Butcher's Dresden Files.. start with Storm Front smile.gif

Kim Harrison's Hollows series.. start with Dead Witch Walking smile.gif

TD.x.

Jim Butcher also has the Codex Alera series.

I recommend all of Piers Anthony's books.

I do also

AND of course everything of Terry Pratchett

AND Douglas Adams

The hunger games are awesome. Also Seaborne by Katherine Irons, Powerless: The Synthesis by Jason Letts and the Death Gate Cycle by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman(sounds bad, but very good series).

Edited by darchaliath

Fallen is a good book, but it's fiction.

And books from Jules Verne (uhh...fiction again) are awesome *.*

Animals in Translation - Using the mysteries of autism to decode animal behavior - by Temple Grandin and Catharine Johnson.

The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant - by Stephen Donaldson. A 10-book fantasy-psych series following the adventures of Thomas Covenant.

The Unbroken Chain - by Günter Wendt, former NASA engineer who shares his stories from working there during the Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, and space shuttle program.

And, of course, anything written by Richard Feynman.

I saw a post about a book series with angels and vampires and now I can't find it, Help, someone...?

I saw a post about a book series with angels and vampires and now I can't find it, Help, someone...?

Was it on here, or another topic? I had made a thread for one series about angels and vamps. But I had also edited the post in this thread that originally had the book as a recommended here when I saw that the person was younger. It is not for a young audience. If you think that it is the post you saw and cant find, let me know.

Was it on here, or another topic? I had made a thread for one series about angels and vamps. But I had also edited the post in this thread that originally had the book as a recommended here when I saw that the person was younger. It is not for a young audience. If you think that it is the post you saw and cant find, let me know.

That must have been it. Pm me with the name if you want - don't worry - I'm 55! wink.gif

for any death note fans out there, "Death Note: Another note the los angeles BB murder cases" is interesting. a little novel side story based some years before the anime.

The Phantom of the Opera, by Gaston Leuroux (not entirely fantasy, but one of my favourite books. ^^)

Skulduggery Pleasant, by Derek Landy

Runemarks, by Joanne Harris

His Dark Materials, by Philip Pullman

Maddigan's Fantasia, by Margaret Mahy (might be a mite difficult to get hold of, but is very good!)

Dragon Rider, by Cornelia Funke

Inkheart, by Cornelia Funke

If they haven't already been suggested

Right behind you - Gail Giles

&

We need to talk about Kevin - Lionel Shriver

Divergent by Veronica Roth

Bruiser by Neal Shusterman

^top two that I've read in the past few months that aren't, like, super obvious (aka Hunger Games, Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, etc.)