padfoot

Recommended Books

I got the new Kindle Fire. The only problem is that I have no idea what to read.

my request from the dragon cave community is to tell me your favorite books and book series.

I'm really into fiction and supernatural stuff but this is not only about me, recommend any kind of book and maybe it will help some other reader find his/her next read.

Thank you

Edited by padfoot

From what I can gather, I think you might like the Skulduggery Pleasant series; it's about magic and sorcery and stuff, with a dash of humor and an increasingly dark tone.

Just finished Simon R Green's "Ghost Of A Chance"

It's book 1 of a new series and the first book of his I've picked up.

I really liked it. Was thinking of hunting down some of his earlier books for more.

Enjoy your kindle. I am hoping to get an ereader at some point but am annoyed by them not being universal. They tie you to one retailer, and as an Aussie I HATE the geographical restrictions some publishing houses impose.

Books remain unread on my iPhone and pc.

Think I'm a dead tree devotee.

xd.png

What is Storm Front about?

Dead Witch Walking, is that really romancey?

I got the new Kindle Fire. The only problem is that I have no idea what to read.

my request from the dragon cave community is to tell me your favorite books and book series.

I'm really into fiction and supernatural stuff but this is not only about me, recommend any kind of book and maybe it will help some other reader find his/her next read.

Thank you

Oh my gosh I have the same problem! In fact I'm posting this from my Kindle! tongue.gif

I just got a nook tablet myself. These are the ones that I would recommend to anyone.

Any Book by either Douglas Preston or Lincoln Child. Their books are so well written, and there's no real genre they can be put in. They have a little bit of everything in them, I can't put them down.

They write a series of books that are about the New York Museum of Natural History and an FBI agent, except for book two, but it's still worth reading, it may have something to do with a later book. I haven't read them all yet. But here they are, in order

Relic

Mount Dragon

Relicary

Riptide

Thunderhead

The Ice Limit

The Cabinet of Curiosities

Stilllife with the Crows

Brimstone

Dance of Death

The Book of the Dead

The Wheel of Darkness

Cemetery Dance

Fever Dream

Cold Vengence

There's another series i guess that they are working on:

Gideon's Sword

Gideon's Corpse (2012)

There are other books by them too. I read Death Match and Utopia by Lincoln Child and liked the first one, but not the second. Just couldn't get into it but the concept of it was very interesting.

His other ones are: Deep storm and Terminal Freeze, and Third Gate (2012)

For Preston: The Codex, Tyrannosaur Cannon, Blasphemy, Jenny and Impact

I can also recommend the Pendragon Series by DJ Machale. Awesome books. It's about a Young boy who becomes a traveler and has to travel to different territories and stop Saint Dane from taking over and ruling them all.

Books that I would recommend are

The Thirst Series (by Christopher Pike)

Remember Me (by Christopher Pike)

Darkest Powers Trilogy (by Kelley Armstrong)

Devine Trilogy (by P.C. Cast)

~ Thirst is about a Female Vampire who is 5000+ years old.

~ Remember Me is about this girl who dies and is trying to figure out her murderer.

~ Darkest Powers has Werewolves, Necromancers, Pyro's, Witches in it.

~ Devine Trilogy is about a Mirror world; has Centaurs.

Edited by kearlighed

What is Storm Front about?

Dead Witch Walking, is that really romancey?

The Dresden series is about a modern day Wizard "Harry Dresden"

It's amazing, very clever, funny, and so well written.

The book plot-lines are superb, the character's are excellent and the one liners are to die for xd.png

Dead Witch Walking isn't "romancy" .. there are on eof too slightly steamy scenes, but not romancy.

Witches doing what Witches do best (making spells/potitions to help themselves or others - My fav is her sleepy time spell she loads into a splat gun lol)

Vamps being "real" vamps (no sparkling in THESE books for sure!) Hunting their prey by whatever means necessary wink.gif

and then there is Jenks .. a Pixie.. with a massive dislike for Disney's Tinkabell

Some of Jenk's "swear words" may not be for the faint hearted xd.png

Love both of these series <3

TD.x.

~Ranger's Apprentice

~Assassin's Apprentice (Oathbreaker)

~Artemis Fowl

~Kingdom Keepers

~Percy Jacksons and the Olympians

~Heroes of Olympus

~The Kane Chronicles

~The Door Within

~Starcatcher series

~The Fire Within

Just to name a few. tongue.gif

well... i like sad fiction and normal fantasy, but i would suggest:

across the universe

tigers curse series

Depends on the kinds of books you like to read...

If you're into fantasy, I'd suggest reading:

Ice by Sarah Beth Durst

Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George

East by Edith Pattou

Rage by Jackie Morse Kessler

Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler

The Redwall Series by Brian Jacques

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle

Those are a few of my favorite fantasy novels. If you're more into realistic fiction, I'd suggest

Looking for Alaska by John Green

Cut by Patricia McCormick

Suicide Notes by Michael Thomas Ford

After by Amy Efaw

The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

I just finished Variant last night. At first it's just good, but eventually it has so many "what just happened?!" moments that you can't put it down.

You might not like it, but The Kiterunner is amazing. ^^ However, it has a few scenes which some readers may not feel comfortable with. So if you're very sensitive, don't read it. Otherwise, it's amazing. <3

I believe that NightShade is a good book if you are into werewolves and love triangles.

Oh also The Host by stephie Myer is a good one too! ^^

Edited by Presiding-Destiny

I love the ghostgirl book, i havent read anymore, but i loved the first even though it was girly

The Strange Angels series by Lili St. Crow is pretty awesome.

Dru is a lil too repetitive though, but the whole concept is grand.

Dragonriders of Pern series by Anne McCathery was awesome too.

But it's complex reading.

I recently got a comci called Hack Slash and that's pretty intense.

It's about Cassie Hack, who kills slashers (Jason, Freddy, Micheal...)

LOVE!

She's super goth too >:3

i think the Wolves of Mercy Falls is a good fantasy...

and so is the book 'After the Snow'.

Both VERY good reads.

If you need ideas for a good book, pm me and I'll give you a long list of books that I've read and loved since I am a bookworm, like:

The Redwall series

Guardians of Ga'Hoole series

Maxium Rider series

The Hunger Games

And so on

Recommended reads:

(fiction)

any of the Valdemar books by Mercedes Lackey

The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley

the Chanur series by C.J. Cherryh

Clan of the Cave Bear, The Valley of Horses, The Mammoth Hunters by Jean M. Auel (some content inappropriate for younger readers; also there is more to the series but IMO the quality of the story tumbles after the first three, books 4 and 5 are okay, 6 was beyond awful)

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith

(nonfiction)

Black Like Me by John Howard Griffin

Very Special People by Frederick Drimmer

A History of the Wife by Marilyn Yalom

One Child, The Tiger's Child, Somebody Else's Kids, Just Another Kid, Murphy's Boy, Ghost Girl, Beautiful Child, Twilight Children by Torey Hayden (some content inappropriate for younger readers)

I recommend all of Piers Anthony's books.

Hi!

I'm Star, and I was wondering if anyone has good books they've read that they could tell me about. I'm always open to book ideas and love to read. I'll give you a little peak of my book taste, then you tell me some books then I go to the Library find it read it then tell you what I think.

My Taste:

No Murder, or Fantasy. Thats about it all others ill try but just letting you know im under the age of 13.

...Very much I would appreciate ALL book ideas, just no murder. BTW please let me know within today and tomorrow morning cause I am going to the Library tomorrow.

Edited by piggygirl859