Winddancir

Holiday Eggs and Fansites

You just got your new Yule/Snow Angel/Ribbon Dancer or that elusive Holly! So you rush off to the fansite (or fansites) where you normally put your scroll at.

So does every one else.

This means increased views for all eggs! Good thing? Not always. I have already seen a few dead holiday eggs from sickness. They've gotten too many views too fast, and the person didn't see it in time to fog the egg.

Please watch your eggs carefully or wait a day before adding your new holiday eggs to any fansite.

Honestly, the safest thing to do is just entirely keep them off the fansites or fog them until they're down to 4 days or so. And fansites are getting enough traffic this time of year that holding them back for two or three days isn't going to leave you struggling to hatch anything by the time they hit the 4d 0h mark.

I wish this could be stickied or something... I've seen a few sick eggs on fansites already, and heard of some dying.

I saw a dead Yulebuck egg myself too on a fansite just a few minutes ago. sad.gif Makes me feel sad for the owner.

I never got my eggs sick from using 4 fansites at a time (but I did from posting them on a huge forum, sans fansites), but now my CB pillow egg is sick. AoND also has their huge notice about Holiday site traffic, but thank you very much for the warning!

I wish this could be stickied or something...

Seconded.

I removed all mine last night before bed to be safe and still woke up to a sick hatchie this morning.... blink.gif

I had one sick Ribbon Dancer yesterday and fogged it for a while.

My six holiday eggs are currently in two fansites and all perfectly well. Four of them are down at 5 days due to incubation.

Just caught a freshly bred Yulebuck which I will add to a site tonight or tomorrow

The one holiday egg I have at the moment is currently on two fansites, but I'm keeping it fogged when I'm not around to keep an eye on it. *is paranoid about sickness*

Good advice! I'm always super-wary around holidays, keeping in mind that site traffic is often a lot higher due to more people wanting eggs to hatch and usually off school/work. Haven't had an egg die (thankfully) though I'm pretty sure I've sometimes forgotten how easy it for eggs to get sick and let soft-shell get to 'em. Thank goodness for incubating and fogging! smile.gif

I totally agree the only time id put my eggs on the fansite today si fi they are lowtime and er i did that A LOT and it took like 15min to get them to hatch. It is good for hatching bad for holidays.

Just saw my first sick Holly of the season. Seeing the sick holidays eggs in fansites always makes me so sad.

I've seen a dead Holly and a dead Yule. Very sad.

Keep 'em fogged and wait. Better an hour or two slower to hatch than sick or dead!

learned my lesson from last year. dont incubate immediately, dont put into fansites immediately. those dead eggs still count to the 2 breed limit even after the 24 hours is up. they have to wait 2 weeks for the eggshell to disappear ):

I keep seeing more and more dead holiday eggs. It makes me sad that they won't be able to replace it until next year.

Even better, fog your eggs and don't post them until they're ERable. Put them onto a couple of fansites, and you'll get plenty of views to hatch them. (I hatched a completely unviewed egg in about 2 hrs by putting it into 4 sites after ER time had been reached.)

Can a egg/hatchie still grow while it is fogged? I have never had a sick egg before, but I have two hatchies and they have a lot of views.

Can a egg/hatchie still grow while it is fogged? I have never had a sick egg before, but I have two hatchies and they have a lot of views.

It can grow wings but will not grow up until it is unfogged.

edit: I should have also said an egg will not hatch until it is unfogged.

Edited by rubyshoes