Xyzaq

Sports

I like racquet sports like badminton or squash. Also figure skating and swimming.

Also dodgeball, if that can be considered a sport. xd.png

I really like watching hockey. :3

I don't do any sports except for competitive swimming. I swim for a college club team (Plus three other teams, but I don't really count school team and two summer league teams), and I practice 2 hours a night save Saturdays and Sundays. When I move up a level, I'll probably swim Sundays as well. I'm hoping to get into one of the lower level colleges by a swimming scholarship. (Due to the fact that I swim AT UGA's pool, I've been considering trying for UGA, but their team is just over the top.)

Swimming is the only sport I adore because of the work out it gives you! I just love how swimming makes me feel overall. It works every muscle in my body, and has gotten me to eat much healthier. smile.gif

I've been bowling on two fall/winter leagues for several years, and occasionally summer leagues as well. This year my average is way down from last year, on both leagues. I haven't been able to figure out why that is, but I don't like it.

I follow lots of sports - everything from dog sledding (Iditarod) and horse racing (the US Triple Crown races) to football, hockey, basketball, baseball, soccer... but the only sport that I play - some wouldn't say that it's even a sport - is bowling.

Edited by casprrr

I also used to do Seikido. It's a pretty new martial arts form that has elements of Tae Kwon Do and Aikido in it. I was a blue belt. Our belt system went: white, yellow, red, green, blue, brown, black. There were three "stripes" for each belt level.

Huh. That seems pretty cool. Sounds like a good combination... Our belts went white, orange, yellow, green, blue, brown, black tongue.gif it took me about 3 years 8 months to get black belt.

I always liked my martial arts school because my instructor is a 5th degree black belt in Taekwondo, and a 9th in Kempo Karate, with training in a ton of other arts, so what we learn is a combination of a lot of different things. Traditional taekwondo technique and forms, Karate one-step sparring sets, Krav Maga knife and club defenses, Judo throws and rolls, Aikido joint locks, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu basics... it's pretty awesome tongue.gif

I see some other riders here. Hi! *waves*

For about year I've been working on barrel racing. Before that, it was 4-5 years of just traditional Western riding (with English style in the beginning to teach balance). For non-riders, barrel racing is where a rider and a horse circle around three barrels, following a clover-leaf pattern, and back to the start in as quick a time as possible. Good teams can come within inches of the barrel without touching it, and the horse is relying on you to keep upright and hold your balance, because he's turning on a dime and leaning towards the ground. You lean with him, you AND the horse are going down. If you haven't seen it, I recommend taking a look. Good barrel races are fun to watch. biggrin.gif

I used to dance, wasn't for me. Played soccer as a kid, also wasn't for me. rolleyes.gif My idea of athletics was riding my bike up and down the street, didn't really get into anything organized until I started riding.

I like watching football, I can follow a baseball game. LOVE watching PBR. As for basketball and soccer, I just know that ball-in-net=goal.

Barrel racing sounds pretty cool, Foxpaw. I seems that I won't get to it anytime near, if ever. I have trouble with the horses obedience and balance. I even have slight trouble with trotting, not to mention kneeling in saddle while the horse is standing. And horse riding is bloody expensive. Maybe I will get a job as a stablehand in summer. I wouldn't mind it. smile.gif

Oh, and I played soccer today for an hour and a half. In rain and it was 1-2 degrees by Celsius. I was soaking wet at the end. *unce unce unce* I wonder what happens in winter when there are blizzards.

Edited by LwyllasLaVey

I love sports also, used to play Soccer and Basketball.

Nowadays I do weight lifting and some Boxing, though I don't know if that is considered a sport. Haha.

When it comes to watching sports, I enjoy watching Soccer and Boxing. :3

Well Ive been riding horses for a while now.

I did Judo for a year and got to Yellow Belt but my Sensei quit and the clubs around my area r super expensive so i havent done it since July

I played softball in high school, sophomore, junior and senior years. Outfield positions in general. I wasn't particularly good at it, but I enjoyed it. That was the only sport I could see myself doing in high school. Basketball I'm too short for, soccer is too confusing and with track/cross country, I just don't have it in my lungs to run. x_x

Since graduating though, I haven't been active in any sports really.

College football's big where I'm at. If you're a native born Ohioan, it's in your blood. It's funny to listen to people who are originally from out of state and just don't get it. xd.png

Also enjoy watching baseball and hockey.

I don't play sports, but I love to watch Football (american)

My favorite team is New Orleans Saints

My "home" team is the San Francisco 49ers!!

I love to swim. Whether it's in a pool, ocean, lake, whatever. I have always loved swimming.

Other than that, I usually hate sports. I'm about as lazy as a human could possibly get. During P.E. it was a miracle if I ever made an effort to run for the ball xd.png

Sports are awesome! I play a few of them pretty well.

I play football with my friends occasionally. I'm not the best QB, but I make a decent HB/FB and a solid receiver or Tight End.

The sports I play most are Disc Golf and MMA. As for disc golf I'm by no stretch of imagination on the pro level, but I am better than your average player.

As for MMA, my base is in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and I train out of one of the best gyms in the entire state

Going to do swimming once school starts, and am really excited. After swimming, my first time doing track shall begin~

I used to train Ninjitsu for about 7 years and achived 4.Dan but than the lack of time got the better of me so i stoped to train in dojo and now i only do some minor stuff at home so i dont forget all i learned in all those years.

I don't really enjoy playing sports execpt for Badmitten. However I do love watching them. Football is my top favorite, then Baseball, then Hockey...

I used to play tennis. It was pretty fun :3 and I REALLY REALLY like playing badminton, even though I suck at it XD oh and I play ping-pong with my church youth group sometimes. fun. <3

I fence epee competitively. It's really fun. cool.gif

I used to play competitive field hockey and competitive soccer. Hockey was done through school and I'd go to this huge sports stadium. I don't recall what position I played, but I do recall behind hit in the shins more times to count, was very thankful for the shin guards I wore. Soccer on the other hand started with a club at 12 and then moved to my high school excellence program because the club I used to go to was out of the way and too expensive for my mother to afford. I played as a left fullback both in the club for two years and at school for nearly one year (also played in Primary school but can't recall for how long, so I'm leaving it out). I used to twist my ankles quite a bit playing both sports, but my greatest injury from soccer was kicking the dirt when performing a corner kick. Stretched the ligament and had to hobble around for weeks after. Would not recommend doing that, especially at a semi final.

As for track and field, I used to run the 100m, 400m, 800m as well as participate in javelin and shotput. I vividly recall getting jelly legs in my last quarter track of the 800m and missing first place by a few paces. Was so mad at myself for that, but I did a good job getting second. Shotput was hard, as was javelin, but fun! I don't recall what I placed at those (both at school and interschool competitions). I'd never make it past the "four way meet" for the 100m and 400m events which then went on to "red track". Four way meet was four schools competing, while red track was all (public) schools in town competing.

After getting sick I tried getting into Choi Kwang Do to avoid going to rehabilitation which was doable for me. My father got his nose into our affairs and we had to stop, jerk. Anyway, of those sports I enjoyed soccer and Choi Kwang Do the most. I'd love to get back into soccer, maybe not competitively, but more than just kicking a ball around the back yard.

Long time ago I used to play netball for my local team, but since moving I haven't had the chance or the time to get back into it.

I don't do any organized sports, but my friends and I wrestle (more like tackle & push) on the trampoline like the 9 year old boys we were when we started doing this. We call it Trampoline Fighting. The new sensation. Also, I play pickup dodgeball games with the kids who live near me. I usually bring a buddy so both teams have an adult. I also like Capture the Flag, Musical Chairs, and all those 'steal X without getting tagged' games. Yep. 25 going on 7.

I used to play badminton at the nearby country club and I swim. I'm also really into skateboarding but unfortunately, there aren't many skate parks around my country so empty parking lots will have to do.

Table tennis is also fun and I hope I could get into playing it more often.

Edited by Pixel.G