TLOSpyrogirl

Viruses

user posted image

Legit alert window. No joke. xd.png

LOL. That's hilarious. But.. creepy. Antiviruses shouldn't do something so... blatant. And I hate how it pops up and is all 'I saved you from so and so' when it's not saving me from anything but it's own files when I click on what it 'saved' me from. o.0

I had a redirect virus for like 5 seconds - it piggybacked on a Windows Update, which I normally don't install but, of course, decided to that one time.

I use HijackThis! for manual cleaning and Spybot S&D for auto-cleaning. I also have Malwarebytes for those tough-to-remove stains.

Every time I'm hired to a new job, I install S&D on their machine and do a sweep. Most people don't know how to use the internets, let alone keep their machine from being infected by lame and useless viruses.

I ended up getting a virus...twice via a update for Spybot S&D.

I figured I got it from a server that wasn't from my own country but then again maybe it was coincidence.

Since then I shy away from Spybot.

Another time was from some website but it was easy to get rid of as I did a virus scan in safe mode...did the trick. Now I am very careful what I click on and when I access my DeviantArt site..I won't click on any ads..too risky.

my old laptop crashed, not to long ago, from a virus telling me to install windex anti virus. when i went on it's website thinking "if i install a trial it'll stop showing up!" it wouldn't let me .-. . so i looked up reveiws and it turns out it attracts viruses rather than protects against them.

i couldnt exit out of the box, and when i tried to go on the internet it says "this is a dangerous program!" so i decdided to go on a program i installed myself, photoshop that came with my tablet. i thought i could fit some animating/drawing in while my computer was being stupid. yet again, it said it was a dangerous program! so i kept on creating new accounts, which worked for a while. i deleted the old accounts that got all messed up except for my main. which had all my videos, WIP's (work in progress), and my important files. sooner or later it ended up crashing.

my friend said, a couple months AFTER it crashed, to restart your computer immediatly..

would've been useful 3 months before it crashed...

user posted image

I don't think that is real. Especially since "your" isn't capitalized.

Awesome! smile.gif

Did you get rid of it in your browser settings or did you have to get rid of it in your computer settings?

Broswer settings and dabbed a bit into computer settings and removed it. 8>

edit; also got avast and it seems to work wonders so far, and looks superior to Norton.

Edited by Ashes The Second

I don't think that is real. Especially since "your" isn't capitalized.

https://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Inte...p/302094/page/2

user posted image

I use HijackThis! for manual cleaning and Spybot S&D for auto-cleaning. I also have Malwarebytes for those tough-to-remove stains.

Spybot blows now. She ain't what she use to be many long years ago. Many people get it for the immunize function, but that is gimmicky. You can subscribe to adblock "Malware Domains" and use a DNS like Norton ConnectSafe, for example.

Wow. They finally toned it down, but that's still hilarious. It was supposed to be ironic? Oh, poor adults playing in a world of kids.

MAJOR ALERT:

http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico/albuqu...nz/-/index.html

Please read the article. It's pretty important and gave my mom a rather huge scare.

Edited by Ashes The Second

Wow I never seen that before. I usually keep mine paided for.

Ours looks nothing like that when it needs updating. we normally buy the disk each time though, so I wouldn't have read it anyway. Although, we use 360, so that's probably just a different one.

Edited by dracocharky

Ours looks nothing like that when it needs updating. we normally buy the disk each time though, so I wouldn't have read it anyway. Although, we use 360, so that's probably just a different one.

That is what I use as we have 3 computers.

@Ashes

I think I had Avast before. It didn't work well. Wouldn't remove the viruses. Granted it was seriously out of date. It was on a old ME computer I was borrowing that I don't think was used for a while.

That is what I use as we have 3 computers.

@Ashes

I think I had Avast before. It didn't work well. Wouldn't remove the viruses. Granted it was seriously out of date. It was on a old ME computer I was borrowing that I don't think was used for a while.

I just want it to scan, I can use some other software to actually get rid of it.

I just want it to scan, I can use some other software to actually get rid of it.

Ohh okay. Thought I'd let you know what happened with me. smile.gif

Just found out I got the Google Redirect Virus. ._.

According to this one site, I must now scroll through some hundred lines in a bootup log and look for something that looks related to the rootkit. dry.gif

;-;

If you can get to another computer and get a thumb drive you might be able to download something to get rid of the Rootkit for you.

The only viruses i got are 2 types of rouges...

I once got a rouge (not that long ago) called Win37/Winwebsec (i think...got that from memory...authough I managed to get it 4 times in a row...after removing it...again and again...Mums fault...)

I got another Rouge ages ago...Cant remember what it looked like...As in what it put up.

Edited by creepado

My desktop computer is LOADED with viruses like Noah's ark was with animals. dry.gif I'm still surprised that it can even stay on with all the pop-up ads those viruses have brought me, all the glitches and bugging... it has to be fixed, pronto!

I'm using the lap top since. smile.gif

malware makes me so uncomfortable i've had nightmares about my computer getting infected and every time i pick something up in a scan even if it's just grayware im freaked out for the rest of the day

one time i removed over 2,000 malicious objects from someone's computer and i had to lie down after (the majority was grayware but there were some trojans too. it started running faster immediately lel)

Edited by Switch

Finally my desktop computer is fixed and all cleaned up of those viruses that made it glitch and barely even work. Can't wait to have it back! wub.gif

user posted image

It reads like they are describing themselves.

I read viruses and I think H1N1 or H2N3

I am feeling sick.

when i was little, i played on my grandma's computer, right? and i occasionally got those fake virus scans that open in your browser. since my grandma had windows xp, i thought it was real and got scared. since i was only like 5 or 6, i couldn't do anything about the "viruses" so i decided that leaving it alone would make it go away.

and that's how i unintentionally saved the computer's behind multiple times.

Sheesh people.

avira, AVG and avast are all good and free for antivirus protection; malwarebytes and adwcleaner are also free, and will kill pretty much all your malware and - in the second case- browser hijackers as well. What ARE you waiting for ?

I generally use trend housecall periodically.

I read that Norton thing to my husband. he said it sound exactly like maffia and how they'd extort businesses in the years gone by.

I found old computer at storage and connect all cables and it didn't booted well. It shows some weird text after showing Windows 98 logo. So I connected its HDD with computer using now and Avira detected hundreds of something. Not all of them would be virus but there must would be virus. I remembered that computer was retired because of me that time...

I don't usually have viruses on my computer, I've since learned my lesson.

It's better to take the time to download a proper antivirus/antimalware software, this isn't something to be lazy about. Private information is at stake.

One time I scanned my dad's computer with Malwarebytes and it detected over 500 things. Most were PUPs, but there were a lot of full-on infections in the mix. I am afraid to even go near any computer he uses now.

Every time he makes me do a scan of his computer I feel like I need to take a shower afterwards. Eugh.

Oh gosh, hundreds of times...

When I was younger I used to download all types of crap such as Smiley Central and Cursormania.

My mom would remove them from the computer, but I would always re-download them.

Edited by FairyWars98