lake

Lineages - What type do you like?

Favorite type of lineage?  

152 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Anything interesting. But for the continuation purpose, I like checkerboard the best. Followed by arrowheads.

Spirals and arrowheads are really pretty.

Even-gens are nice if they are PB or follow some sort of pattern.

Checkerboard can be cool if it's done with contrasting dragons (black and white or water and magi for example).

I really only like super-clean lineages. No stairstep unless it's with only two breeds. Usually no even-gen unless it's PB. Nothing without some sort of pattern.

my favorites are stairstep, because they are pretty (even if they aren't 2-breed/PB, sometimes)...plus they are easy to continue.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/jK4L3 is an example of a cool non 2-breed just because...it's almost like a rainbow and is very colorful. smile.gif caught it off the AP.

i only take stairstep tinsels too...

i like even gen, but only short lineage ones...just 'cause once they get big, that's a WHOLE LOT of dragons you're looking at and...well they are hard to continue, imo. checkerboards are beautiful though, especially when both breeds look very well together.

i don't see many arrowheads, but i've seen bronze tinsel ones with embers or something and it was pretty. and spirals, to me, only look best when they are 2-breed. otherwise it seems messy.

I voted for even gens, but I like stairsteps and spirals all the same. I love all lineages with a pattern. Arrowheads are looking amazing but they are too difficult to continue (for me).

CB. Definately CB. If you take a look at my scroll, they are all CB, no exceptions. While it means that I am missing anything vaguely rare, I still have a long way to go before I meet my aim of having a CB male and female of every dragon (with the obvious exceptions such as holidays and tinsels) so Ill just keep scouring the cave for good drops.

PS if anyone wants me to breed anything for them, let me know, I prefer to do 2ndgen PB for people, but if someone really wants a crossbreed then let me know.

I didn't used to be into lineages - til I got my first Dorkface. THEN everyone started yelling and complaining about the IB issue and I had to be embarrassed about the IB's on my Scroll, even though THEY didn't look any different than a CB sprite. Then started these wonderfully complex lineages

wth is an arrowhead? Show poor dumb lady an example please.

Spiral?

So I've been paying more attention, and have caught this;

http://dragcave.net/lineage/qgjEW

from the AP and would really like to continue with the even-gen thing. I'm hoping to trade for a 6gen even gen egg/hatchie to be its mate.

Generally I prefer CBs, but if something has to be bred, I prefer even-gen. I think even gen looks the best, and is the most versatile when it comes to continuing said lineage.

For example this lineage:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/Jbfh9

I intend to try to get at least one of every holiday in the first gen just for fun.

Edited by Nectaris

This is the closest example I have to a true arrowhead. Basically you take a male downward stairstep and a female upward stairstep and breed them to make that cool arrow shape. I think they're really cool-looking, so I'm working on creating a male with another arrowhead lineage to breed with her.

Stairstep cuz its so ex to continue. smile.gif

KrystalSharz, you bred that? O.o

Edited by libby2999

I don't mind having extremely long lined, messy, inbred dragons, but I do love lineages with themes, or quotes formed by the dragon's names.

Except for really nice patterns, I actually don't like even gens very much. I saw an interesting lineage on the AP (didn't catch it), and it gave me a really neat idea for a lineage project. I'm still working on it, but it's coming along well. smile.gif

I actually like messy lineages, as long as they're fairly short (less than like 6th or 7th gen) and not inbred. I don't know why, but they just seem more interesting sometimes.

Non PB even gens are my favorites, but I'm not too fond of them once they go past 6th gen. Too big to be pretty at that point, in my opinion. I also like arrowheads and symmetrically shaped lineages like that, though I don't often do those because it usually involves building stairsteps, and I'm not really a fan of stairsteps.

Edited by Goslander

I prefer, in general, even gen lineages but I have put my toe in the water of stair step as well. The longer I'm on DC (and with the number of dragons I have) the more I want to create some unique/interesting lineages that carry my line name. Usually, I feel, once you've reached certain goals you've set for yourself you set up more challenges to keep everything lively.

Like many probably, I didn't care much about lineages when I first started. My legion of ultra messy early dragons is testament to this. 83 Can't bring myself to release or kill them, though.

Nowadays I love lineages. <: For the purpose of trading/easy to continue lineages for difficult breeds (e.g. tinsels, metallics etc), I prefer stairstep but I'm generally more fond of even gen lineages when it comes to personal projects. Arrowheads are nice too but they're even more annoying to continue compared to stairsteps or EGs. XD

Most of my dragons are messy/probably inbred because I generally don't care about lineages, but my favorites are PB, Even-gen and Stairstep. Though I'm trying to start a personal Turp x Electric Spiral. :3

I used not to care, so I have a bit of everything on my scroll, now I try for shorter lineages (long if steps is fine though). Other than that, I don't care at all, as long as it's not inbred... I just don't want it to be a huge mess (like one parent 6th gen and the other CB, you know).

Edited by Fran27

I enjoy my one Dragon's lineage but it has no shape, but the shear size of it's lineage amazes me

What kind of lineage usually sparks your interest? What kind do you NOT like? I like checker and stair step.

I got the idea for this thread when my sister told me that she thinks stair step lineages are lame. I just want to see what other people think!

I honestly don't care about lineages. If it's CB, great. If it's in-bred or messy, that's great, too.

Of course this gives me the oppurtunity to trade off cool lineages for things I need, since I see all lineages as just a lineage.

I voted 'other' because I enjoy so many diffrent kinds so I can;t dicide!