lake

Lineages - What type do you like?

Favorite type of lineage?  

152 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like chromatic lineages (ones where there is a color pattern)

They're so hard to make and perfect though.

Personally, I love stairsteps and spirals because they're usually so easy to continue. Even gens and checkers are harder because you have to find or breed the perfect mate for them. Although all of them are pretty.

I like even gen checkers

Out of the poll: Spirals. biggrin.gifBest thing. wub.gif

I think my absolute favourite may be arrowheads, though. I don't like stairsteps much, ironically, but arrowheads is where it's at for me. Of course, they're terminating lineages, i.e. not meant to be continued, but that's okay. I'm not much of a breeder, which may be why? I just really love the shape. <3

I don't really like evengens all that much because they just seem so unwieldy and often random to me. With a lot of them that I've seen, the lineages look like someone decided 'as long as it's evengen...!' (which I can understand, since it's difficult to do 'right') rather than have any specific pattern to them - I find that a bit of a pity. I did make this, though; so I guess I'm being a little hypocritical. xd.png

Edit: Threads were merged.

Edited by pinkgothic

What kind of lineage usually sparks your interest? What kind do you NOT like? I like checker and stair step.

I got the idea for this thread when my sister told me that she thinks stair step lineages are lame. I just want to see what other people think!

xd.png

I personally don't like stairsteps because they're so easy to continue and don't show as much effort as a even generation. In a EG lineage, somebody had to find all the CBs and breed a lot of dragons.

I also love PB lineages if only because the people involved had to get so many of the same dragon!

-merging with existing thread-

I like even gens, but am really not too particular. I recently bred this pink.

Simple enough.

When breeding/AP searching, which lines do you gravitate to?

I was torn between voting for checker or rainbow, since I adore both... but checkers are probably my favorite overall. I really love how flexible they are, and how beautiful they can be.

You missed spirals. =(

I tried to go back and edit, but it looked like it would make a new poll ...

merging with an existing thread Edited by rubyshoes

Checkers are my favourites! smile.gif I can never resist a pretty checker. wub.gif

I used to only collect stairs, because they're easier to continue and that's all people used to do with prizes, so my newbie self thought of them as the 'best' sort of lineage. Then after my first Halloween/Christmas/V-day cycle I saw how cool checkers can be! Now I spend a lot of time scanning/trading for mates to mine, and patiently waiting for all my deep sea/silver pairs to give me silvers. I've also seen some lovely arrowheads, and I have two of them on the back burner (lineage priority just went to xenos).

Though my favorite quality in lineages is one not in the poll: naming. The longer I stay on the site, the pickier I get about well-named lineages. I'll pass up shorter-gen things for longer versions where everything is nicely named, most of all when there's a consistent theme. I also have an eye to replace some of my old holiday checkers with better-named bloodswaps, where possible. Some of my favorite prize dragons are very high gens that make me laugh, like this and this.

At this point, two breed checkers are seriously my favorite, although I really like EG stripes and other patterns, too!

One of my favorites:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/zwHSj, Marrow x Red. The third gen Reds and the 4th gen Marrow are mine I love the way the pattern develops as more gens are added.

Stripes:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/cNRHF. Summers are my favorites for this type of stripe. biggrin.gif

or

https://dragcave.net/lineage/ntX31, from the AP, but I've been breeding with the hope of taking the pattern out at least to six gens.

I still haven't bred any Alt 2nd gens to create a match for this girl, https://dragcave.net/lineage/kjQ2D.

Checkers 4 life.

I prefer short checkers, 3rd or 4th generation, but long-lined checkers are pretty impressive.

I'm definitely a checkers fan. Not really crazy about stairs (though arrows and reverse arrows are fine), and spirals don't appeal to me at all.

I mostly look for dragons that will help me with mates I need. I have over 100 dragons I need to find or breed mates for, so I try not to pick up too much in the AP other than CB, vamps, messies for freezing, or ones that will go toward lineages I already have started. Haha! Most of what I am looking for mates for are checkers, so that tends to be what I look for in the AP.

I generally won't keep stairs or spirals unless they are 3rd gen or less prizes, or if I happen to find a gold or silver stair in the AP whose line I can continue. I actually prefer spirals to stairs, but even gens are where it is at for me. Since I already have a ton of longer gen checkers to finish finding mates for, I tend to go for low gens if I do pick up a new line in the AP. I love metal checkers (especially silver), but they're such a pain to continue. I am more likely to keep a common checker because they are easy to breed mates for. I like contrasting colours or checkers where the main colour of one dragon pulls out a secondary colour in the other, like this stunning compliment of deep sea and undine.

Edited by harlequinraven