Blobblarg242

Fractured Mana

((Sunwolf, I'm not quite sure I'm comfortable with you having your opponent burst in and attack like that. Part of this being a tournament is that officials have to preside over fights and thus ambushing is entirely out of the question if the fight is a part of the tournament.))

((Hmm.. ok, I have a few questions. Do the participants fight at a designated area at a designated time like other competitions? How are the opponents chosen? If I made the fight non-official will that be ok? If you are still uncomfortable with that, I can remove the fight entirely. biggrin.gif ))

((There wouldn't be an official to travel with every group, for a variety of reasons. Part of it would be that the governments wouldn't hand off their officials to groups that's only qualifying characteristic was that they were powerful with magic. On top of that, Marissa's 'family' that the group is currently traveling with is basically a criminal organization. A government official would either report the group to any law enforcement officers or be killed by said criminals.

There's not really a designated time or areas, except that they would obviously have to find a government official to judge the fight. As we've said, they won't travel with a group and the chances of one walking around throughout the forest is almost statistically impossible. If two groups are in a town, then the government officials will officiate. Most towns have a sort of arena-esque area for the Tournament.

It's stated on the front page that participants are chosen solely for their magical abilities. If you're strong enough and have a Weapon Partner, you're basically qualified. That said, only the first ten to register with an official are placed in a group and given a Crystal Shard.

You can make the fight non-official, but then your opponent wouldn't be obligated to hand over his Crystal Shard and neither would you. And that would also beg the question of why he would break away from the rest of his group to track down your character and challenge him to a fight which would ultimately have no reward.))

Edited by Blobblarg242

For the three next days, Muol mostly kept to himself and took every chance he could to sleep during the day. Not having too much choice he also forced himself to sleep during the dead of the night or else he would just get more and more tired. Flay himself just kept everyone's routine. The time Muol was most active was at dawn and dusk. He took those time to train his power, improved by the crystal. That morning though he was surprised by multiple things. The Geodynasty had finally broken out of their long silence, though he was not one to talk..., and presented themselves, Marrisa was even worst then he first thought and Flay had not done any pranks in three days.

He walked closer to the Geodynasy participant, breaking his stones..., to present himself too. He had his hood on and kept over most his face, but he didn't need to cover it with shadows yet thanks to the forest shade, in which he was staying. "Hi, my name is Muol Raynard. Hope I am not bothering you by presenting myself during your training." He looked at the broken stone slates. "Quite impressive." Muol was quite proud of his introduction seeing as he was a complete stranger. He rearranged his dark gray hood to better block off the light that was slowly getting stronger.

((Bump. Sorry for not posting. There's not really anything for me to reply to.))

((You can have Marissa come to Chaung's training site.))

Chaung looked up from his fighting stance when he saw someone had appeared at the edge of the clearing and was wearing a hood. "I know you. Your the participant fron the Umbraempire." Chaung said as he took the gauntlets off and placed them on the ground where they turned back into Yin. Chaung didn't bother putting his shirt back on as he still wanted to train even though he was already dripping sweat, but Yin went over to their clothes and pulled her jacket on to cover her tight fitting silk shirt. "Don't worry you weren't bothering us at all. My name is Ming Chaung and that is Ming Yin." He introduced himself and his partner as they both bowed to the other person. "I thought your people didn't like the sun." Yin asked as she noticed Muol adjust his hood.

Marissa, despite much pleading from Luke, had followed Chaung to his training ground. The blond followed behind her with a white cloak pulled over his head. It was strange. For once, he actually looked like he was from the Umbraempire. The weapon hardly ever looked it, besides his light skin because of lack of sun exposure. He was much brighter than the others from his home as well. Luke was much happier and wore much lighter clothing. Though, on occasion, he shied away from the sunlight. Pouting childishly, he stomped behind her, not knowing why she was going after this other boy.

"This is stupid," he said, peeking out from behind the tree they were using as a hiding spot. His black-haired partner seemed to be ignoring him, as her green eyes were trained to the other boy's well-muscled chest.

"He's absolutely soaking!" she murmured, looking like she was about to start drooling.

Blinking, he prodded his own mushy stomach, feeling a bit self-conscious. Why couldn’t Marissa look at him like that? There was a sudden rustle of bushes and the cracks of several sticks as Marissa fell forward, landing in a large bush. "Marissa!" Worried now, Luke jumped out from behind the tree to tend from her. Their location was probably revealed now.

Huoyan found his sensei observing the Geodynastian’s training. Balong nodded at Huoyan when he saw his apprentice approach. “Sit down and observe how the Geodynastians fight. They are using hand to hand combat techniques. It will be useful for you to know too.” Huoyan gave a short bow and sat down besides his sensei. Just then, the participant from the Umbraempire came up to introduce himself. Moments later, Marissa fell out from some bushes. Balong looked around, “I wonder if anyone else is coming. Looks like most of the participants are here.”

Muol smiled when the duo reacted well to his interruption. "Good to meet you and yes I am from the Umbraempire, I think you two are from the Geodynasty right?" At the mention of his people hating the sun he just sighed. He didn't have much choice since everyone else was awake and moving during the day. He was bound to get sleepy in a couple of hours. "I don't really like it yes, but if I am not awake during the day I would have a big problem moving with the group."He came a bit closer so he would not talk from so far for no reasons. The guy and his weapon partner were nice, not like that weird deranged girl Marissa. He could not understand what was going on in her head, something was clearly not right unless she was just putting on a show just to get attention. In a way it was better than Flay's way of getting it sometime.

When he got to a normal respectable distance he looked at the little girl. Was she still a kid? "Just how ol-" He never got a chance to finish has he heard a sound in the bushes that took all his attention. If it was an animal he was in a bit of trouble since he was far from any good shadowy area. He also disliked to use his own shadow around people, made him look like a monster. He immediately calmed down when he saw Luke, hooded surprisingly, going to help a pretty funny looking Marissa. The scene was just so strange to him, especially since THAT girl had fallen in a huge bush, that he just started snickering so she would, at least he hoped, notice. He failed to stay quiet as he laughed a bit louder before just going to see if she was alright. He might find he weird, but that didn't mean he wanted her hurt. "Are you *snicker* are you... Is she alright?" He ended up asking Luke since just looking at Marissa reminded him of her stuck in the bush.

Chaung jumped when he heard a crash in the bushes and slammed the ground with his foot which rose a small head sized boulder out of the ground. It slammed back into the hole that it was taken out of when Chaung noticed it was just Marissa and her weapon partner. He tried to hold back his laugh when he saw that she had fallen into the bushes but Yin had no restraint and just burst into laughter. "That...... is the...... stupidest..... thing I have..... ever seen." She managed to get out inbetween bursts of laughter. Chaung noticed out of the corner of his eye that Balong and Huoyan were watching them from the edge of the clearing but he only shrugged and went over to where Marissa and Luke were followed by Yin. "Are you alright Marissa?" He asked her as he held out his hand to pull her out of the large bush.

Marissa growled whenever people around her began to snicker and laugh. Under her breath, she began to cruse and flail around, accidentally scratching at Luke's hands several times. The weapon seemed to be getting quite angry himself, as he snapped at the others and threatened them with decapitation if they didn't quit laughing at her. While that sort of thing normally would have made her smile, it only made her angrier. Eventually the two teens were having it out right in front of the others. Luke would speak quietly and flinch whenever she said something too mean. Marissa, who was glaring at him from the bush, was cussing and spitting, threatening to shove the headband that held horns on it down his throat.

"Are you alright, Marissa?" Chaung's voice silenced them both. Marissa blinked up at the boy before taking his hand and struggling out of the bushes to get up. With a sly smile, she stepped closer to him, still holding his hand. Ah, now he was shirtless and standing right in front of her. How appealing. Behind her, her weapon was mumbling things under his breath, along with apologies to almost everyone.

Rolling her eyes, she looked at the boy who had helped her, "Well, I am now~"

Yin finally stopped laughing and wiped a few tears from her eyes and when her vision cleared she saw that Chaung had helped Marissa out of the bush. She gave a sigh. "I'll be back at the camp Chaung." She told him and than turned around to head back to camp without waiting for an answer. Chaung just shrugged as he didn't know what had gotten into her. He than looked down at Marissa as she said she was good and smiled at her. "Well that's good than." He said as he let go of her before going over to his clothes and picking up his red silk shirt. "Looks like training is done today." He muttered under his breath as he buttoned up the shirt.

Edited by monkeyboy225

Smiling still, Marissa followed Chaung over to where he had put his clothing. She wriggled excitedly next to him as he buttoned up his shirt. She turned around to face Yin as she said she was going to leave, wondering why she seemed to be so upset. Pouting, she turned back to the boy. It looked like his partner didn't like her, for whatever reason. Had she done something wrong? All she had done was flirt with him a bit. Was she perhaps jealous?

"I don't think your friend likes me," she murmured, pretending to be hurt. In reality, she could care less what the other female thought. Others' opinions of her didn't bother her, save for her master's. Luke's might have been important to her as well, though she wasn't very sure. It was just all an act to get him to comfort her. Not to mention that it made her look much more innocent and cute than normal. In her own opinion anyway. "I-I guess I'm just a terrible person. Maybe she looks down on me...Did I do something wrong?! Oh no!"

While partially ignored after being insulted and threatened by Luke, he looked at the girl's little game. She was at it again. Up to now he wondered who, except from himself had been... spared maybe? ...from her little flirt game. Yin was clearly not taking this flirt well and she was not the first to actually show it. Luke too didn't seem to like it very much. She annoyed him so much with her little brat's attitude. "Stop saying stupid things girl. You know exactly what you are and you flirt with nearly every boy in the group." He then turned to Chaung. "Nice earth power you got there. Makes a very good shield from incoming danger or as an attack." It was so interesting to see everyone's power and how they could use it. So many of them knew martial arts too. "Say, does your power allow you to know what kind of material is in the earth around? Its composition and such." He wanted to know if his own analyze was close to Chaung, or Marissa maybe. Having not much to do he was passing much of his waking hours taking notes on the kind of ground around and if some rocks around showed some kind of clue as to what kind of material could be excavated from this place.

Luke immediately took notice of Marissa's anger at Muol for the way he spoke to her. Just from the way she had stopped speaking and stared at the ground, he could tell that she was quite angered. His blue eye widened as he saw her clench her fist, beginning to shake. While she didn't really anger quickly, he knew that it was a bad idea for one to question her nature. Being a flirt was how she was and how she had been for most of her life, despite how much the blond hated to see his partner like that. Inhaling sharply, he crossed his arms and stood in front of his fellow Umbraempirian.

"H-hey!" his voice was quiet, and it was apparent now that he wasn't used to speaking out loud. "Why don't you...Why don't you just...Leave her alone! She hasn't done a-anything to harm you and...and that's just how she is. You shouldn't refer to her like that1 Call her by name..." Face reddening from speaking so much, Luke pulled his white hood around his face and cast his graze to the ground. He took a step back, suddenly very shy. "I mean, I guess you don't have to. It was too much work for me to say all that anyway..."

Chaung felt a tenseness in the air and rested a hand on Marissa's shoulder hoping that would calm her down as he felt her shake under his hand. He turned to Muol hoping to defuse the inccident by answering his question. "No, I can't tell the type of composition of the earth that I use but there are people within the Geodynasty who specialize in breaking down the composition of the earth and how they can use it to our advantage." He told the Umpraempirian as he still felt Marissa shake under his hand and her weapon partner try to calm everyone down by himself. I shouldn't be getting involved in this. I swore to the Emperor, but still just see what happens. He thought to himself as he waited to see what would happen with his foot ready to raise the ground if anything happened.

Confusion was almost written all over Muol's face. He had said something wrong, that was clear. When the fact he had not called her by name came up he wondered if that was really all it was. Not really knowing what to say and getting stressed by noticing her trembling with clenched fist. He lowered his head a by, instinctively shadowing the upper part of his face under his hood. "Sorry, I didn't mean to insult her, if that was the problem. I-I just think that since she's just... so obvious about it why would she lie... or act so silly every time she sees a guy without his shirt." Maybe stopping talking was the best option as he was most likely deepening himself in trouble. "Well... let's not delve on this any further lest someone actually get hurt... though I doubt you'd mind if someone actually did get badly hurt... He had pretty much whispered the last part as he only grew more nervous. He quickly glanced around actually starting to think she could very well just attack considering how she was. He needed shadows... he could only count 4 in his immediate surrounding... one for every person present... great... He sure hoped he had managed to calm things cause he was getting tired.

"You're right! I wouldn't mind! Gah, it's people like you that I despise!"

Luke continued to rant and rave at the surrounding onlookers, embarrassing Marissa quite a bit. Her weapon partner had always been quite quick to anger. He would always yell, scream, and throw stuff. There had been one time where he had ripped a pillow in half because her older brother had teased him. Luke wasn't one to take even stuff like that well. Now here he was, probably red-faced, his voice cracking as he failed his arms about. Blushing, she put her hands in her face and turned away, despite Chaung's hand on her shoulder, "He's...He's so embarrassing..."

Why was Luke getting even more angry at him! He had apologized and stuff! "Guys like me you despise! What have I done to get on your bad side so much!?" While being angry about the fact he was getting yelled at by someone who could not even explain things well he noticed something he didn't think he would see. So she didn't approve of such a stupid act committed by Luke. He smiled, took a step back and sigh. "Calm down now you're making a fool of yourself. If not for me at least for Marissa." He then stopped paying attention to Luke and looked at Marissa beside which Chaung was standing. "I really am sorry if I said something I should not have. I lack... much social skills and my weapon partner was the only person for a long while that I got to speak to. Him being himself I just got used to say what I thought directly I guess." Maybe all of them should return to camp. They still had a lot of traveling to do. Under that annoying sun who found nothing better than being so bright!

"He's so embarrassing..." Marissa repeated, now utterly horrified by her weapon partner's behavior. He always did this. Seeming to take noticed of this, Luke went silent and walked over to her. He attempted so comfort her, but he only got a glare from her, the girl's green eyes burning. Her face was equally on fire and, instead of just punching him, a large chunk of metal was tossed at his head. Screaming, the blond tried to apologize, but he ended up hiding behind a tree. Marissa was gritting her teeth, seething with rage now. "He just won't shut his mouth.'

While the others thought that Marissa falling into the bushes was funny, Huoyan was just surprised by it. Balong though as usual had different thoughts. “I like that girl! She’s always full of surprises!” Balong was watching the others with a slight smile on his face. Though they were too far away to hear what was being said, it was obvious that Marissa was both embarrassed and angry. It seemed that she will be up to her usual antics when the bare-chested Chaung went to help her up. It was then that Muol said something that seemed to offend her greatly when she suddenly stopped speaking and looked at the ground. Her weapon partner seemed to be defending her when he stood in front of her. Huoyan watched the incident unfold with a slight frown, “Do you think we should stop them before things get out of hand sensei?” Balong glanced at Huoyan for a moment before returning to observe the others, “No, it would not be wise for us to suddenly step in. Let the young ones sort it out among themselves.” Huoyan nodded. Even though he would like to work with everyone as a cohesive group, it seemed that this particular group had a diverse range of personalities and background. He was also somewhat older than them and found it hard to communicate with the rest.

Chaung watched as Luke and Marissa argued and Muol didn't seem to be helping at all. When Marissa threw a piece piece of metal at Luke he gave a sigh and decided that was enough. He stomped te ground and rocl rose at the feet of both Luke and Marissa before encasing both their feet so that neither one of them could move. "I think that is enought of the arguing. Don't you think so." He told them both as he stepped between the two hoping to block any more flying metal. "I will release both of you when you have calmed down."

Luke, who was already pretty enraged by the situation at hand, immediately flew into another fit. Marissa as well began to spit and curse, digging at the rock with her fingernails. The blond ended up driving several punches to the soil, his knuckles getting quite beaten up from the contact. Letting out a roar, he tugged at his feet, trying his best to free himself, but the Earth still didn't move. He turned to glare at Chaung, "Why don't you just let us go, huh?! This isn't any of your business! It's between me and her and-" He was silenced as a large coil of metal suddenly snaked out in front of him, behaving much like a serpent. A dark, purple energy glowed around it, and he glanced back to see Marissa with her hand held in the air, her green eyes focused on the creation, "Damn...Why don't you just let us go before this gets ugly? It would really be the best for you. All of you really."

James had been out cold for quite a while now. Zeke had wandered off to Elemental Lords knew where, and the Lightningclansman had been laying unconscious for quite a while. Looking around to take stock of the situation, he spotted a few people he recognized... Marissa. Being held against her will. Regardless of his personal feelings, James relished a chance to cause a bit of havoc. Someone he hadn't met before holding his supposed 'girlfriend' captive? There wasn't a chance in heaven that he'd pass up such an opportunity. Standing up straight and cracking his knuckles, James ran full charge into the Geodynasty elementalist, knocking him to the ground and then promptly putting the other boy in a headlock. "Alright. Now, explain who you are and why you are holding Marissa, and then I'll possibly reconsider frying your brains. Not likely, though." James might have met this person before, possibly being another member of his group, but his vision was so hazy and he was so exhausted he couldn't tell. He might not have seemed like it, but he was almost ready to fall asleep despite having the other person jammed into a headlock on the ground.