Blobblarg242

Fractured Mana

Huoyan and Balong returned to camp just in time to see James and Marissa also returning hand in hand. Huoyan immediately noticed that there was a black lipstick mark on James cheek. He was about to say something when Marissa’s weapon partner practically leaped on both of them. He had also noticed the mark on James cheek and was throwing a fit. Huoyan frowned and stepped forward, only to be stopped by Balong. By then, Marissa had managed to grab hold of Luke and steer him away from James. Huoyan looked at Balong with a questioning expression and Balong nodded slightly. Huoyan nodded back and turned towards Marissa while Balong continued on to James. “James, you’ve got lipstick mark on your cheek.” Balong informed James with a slight smile. Huoyan had reach Marissa and asked with a concerned voice, “Are you both all right?”

"What you're here to bother her too-"

"Luke, come on!" Marissa put a hand on her partner's shoulder and shoved him into the camp. With a annoyed huff, he rolled his eyes and headed off. After the blond had disappeared from sight, Marissa turned back to Huoyan. With a slight smile she nodded, twisting around much like a small child. "Yes, we're alright. James just wanted to speak to me about something important. Heehee~ I don't think Luke really likes it, though. He's so overprotective. If I tell him what was just proposed, he might get even angrier. Oh! I've already said too much, haven't I? Hm, I don't really think I should tell you what we discussed."

James looked over at Balong as he approached. Lipstick...? Wiping the part of his cheek that Marissa had kissed, he indeed had a smudge of lipstick on his cheek. No wonder Luke was being more of an idiot than usual... Zeke shook his head in disappointment again and promptly switched back to his human form. "You realize you're causing everyone trouble, right?" The Weapon Partner questioned. James simply shrugged. "Maybe. I don't care. And don't even start trying to lecture me. You're not my dad. In fact, you're barely older than me." Zeke sighed at his friend's stubbornness. "Balong, help me out. He's being difficult. Like usual."

Balong smiled calmly when he was asked to help by James weapon partner. “I supposed James is still upset about what happened earlier. Let him calm down for a bit.” Turning to James, Balong spoke in a more serious tone, “What do you have in mind when we reached the Naturatribes? Both Huoyan and I had been in the mountains all this while until this tournament suddenly came up.” Balong paused and looked away briefly, a faraway look in his eyes, “It’s been a long time since I last stepped into the territory of other elementalists. Perhaps you may have some idea of how we should proceed next?”

~.~.~

Huoyan blinked in surprise when Luke flared up on him. He was only concerned about both of them and had not meant anything else. After Luke had stomped off, Marissa answered him, twisting around like a small child. This bought a smile unconsciously to Huoyan’s lips. Even though he had never married, he was fond of children and would often watch them play in the village. “I’m glad you are all right Marissa. I guess Luke is just very concerned about you and you probably shouldn’t provoke him too much. I don’t intend to pry into your personal affair. I just want for us to be able to work together as a group.”

"Thank you," smiling, Marissa bowed slightly. He was much older than she was, so of course he deserved a bit more respect than someone like Luke of Chaung. James maybe might have deserved a little more respect, but that was because he was supposedly going to make her his when he got the necklace. Really, the thought made butterflies well up in her stomach. She hadn't ever really been in a serious relationship before. There was that one with her previous boyfriend, but he had been much more focused on becoming famous or something like that. James was much strong than the other boy had been, and he was much cuter. There were no horrid scars crossing his face and they could probably do some serious damage if they fought together. "Sometimes though, I wish Luke wouldn't bother me like that. He's always jumping down people's throats. He's not any better than my older brother. Um, do you want to help pack up the camp?"

Huoyan nodded, “I’m guessing that’s just the way he is. They are both concerned about you. If you don’t like it, maybe you should try talking to him?” Huoyan smiled broadly when Marissa asked for his help, “Sure, what do you need me to do?” Even though setting and packing up the camp was usually left to Marissa’s people, Huoyan did not feel comfortable about being served. He had always done everything himself but he did not want to make an issue of it as Marissa and her people had been very helpful. Even though by looking at Marissa’s people, it was not hard to tell that they were probably not your average merchant but Huoyan, like his sensei, did not think much of class distinctions. Back in his village he would work from sunrise to sunset in the smithy. When there was no work to be done, he would train, either by himself or with his sensei. On this trip he had nothing to do except for morning training and he was feeling somewhat stifled.

Waiting for the group to return to camp Muol had been wandering aimlessly around it. He could not find Flay, nor could he sleep since they had to leave soon. After a couple of minutes, even if it seems much longer in his mind, he finally spotted the group coming back with more people then he remembered was there. In the same direction he spotted a raven happily flapping around like nothing mattered only to end up diving right to him and scaring the daylight out of Muol by 'crashing' into his face knowing full well the umbraempirian could not see well in the light. Flay then landed and changed into his human form. "SURPRISE! Miss me?" Muol's glare did nothing to stop Flay from being overly energetic. "Guess what? I found a new victim! Oh yeah and this one will be interesting I'm sure!" Seeing the expression on his weapon partner's face Muol feared the worst, as he learned to do with this crazy raven. "Don't do anything to ANY competitor! Last thing I want is someone else on my back." "Yeah, yeah sure. Didn't you have stuff to check with the group or you plan on getting a tan in the sun? You sure could use a bit of color." said Flay referring to Muol's very pale skin. Muol gave up and walked toward the group, followed by a very happy Flay.

Upon reaching the group he remained silent until the subject of the competition came up. "Maybe go to the capital would be good? They started there to no? We might get some information or find another group with the same idea. I don't know where it is though. I never left my own village... and I can't trust Flay to guide us..." "Hey! I know where it is!" "...Without making us travel the worst road possible." Flay simply smiled, but had nothing to add to that. He knew the way, but he also knew he was a hopeless prankster and the idea of getting the group in some random encounter or bad terrain was too much for him not to do it.

"Hm...," Marissa looked around the camp thinking of something for her fellow contestant to do. Her men were already packing away all of the cooking utensils and other such small things and placing them onto the horse-drawn carriage. No one had started putting the tents up. Especially Luke, who was sitting in the driver's seat of the carriage, asleep. Rolling her eyes, she jabbed her thumb at her partner. "Would you mind waking him up first? Of course, it might be a little hard considering he just took sleeping pills. If you can't do it, don't bother. He'll be grumpy the rest of the day anyway. I could use some help with the tents. Would you please help my family wrap them up?"

((Hey, guys. I'll post a timeskip to the Naturatribes' village on the weekend, probably Saturday afternoon. Just giving everyone a quick head's up. If you want to post before then, that's fine but just bear this in mind.))

As the group of participants finally reached their destination in the Naturatribes, they were greeted by a few warriors known as braves asking for their papers. After showing the warriors the documentation, they were waved through towards the central area of the village. A tall man with a headdress covered in eagle feathers stepped forward to greet them. "Welcome to our village, strangers. I am chief Windrunner of the Tzensa tribe. I am in charge of this humble village and it's people. How may we help you, possible Guardians?" Zeke stepped forward and cleared his throat, trying to make himself seem more confident. "We're here to fight any other participants that might be in the village. That is, if there are." The chief nodded before responding. "There might be. We received word from a nearby village that other participants were on their way. They should arrive here tomorrow. Until then, would you honor us by spending the night under our care?

((Feel free to post.))

Marissa's eyes widened as they entered the first village of the Naturatribes. There were pointy tents lined up to one another. Women were surrounding some sort of animal skin using a tool on it to do who knows what. When the chief stood up and spoke, she could help but be amazed by all of the feathers he wore on his headdress. Maybe she would ask them to buy a dress from them. Though they were just plain brown, they surely had something elegant for weddings and such. The girl bounced happily on her toes, listening to the adults speak, It really wasn't her place to interrupt. Well, that was the case most of the time.

At the mention of other contestants, she perked and let a small smile slip onto her face. So, would Cole be with them? Oh, she hoped! She could finally lay a hit on him and not get in trouble. It was so fun~! Excitedly, she turned to Luke and shook his arm. He looked down at her and yawned. Well, he hadn't exactly been sleeping well. She knew that her partner was probably staying up until the early hours of the morning making sure James stayed away. "Might I ask, where would we be staying?" Marissa asked, standing on her toes, hoping that the chief would see her over the crowd.

The chief looked at Marissa with kind eyes, as though she were a little girl asking an adult why the sky was blue. "Well, we have quite a few log cabins. Some are bound to be vacant. Until then, why don't you look around teh village. You could talk to the scout's and ask them about the details of the other group headed here. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to talk to the shaman." Chief Windrunner bade the group farewell before entering nearby tent covered in tribal paintings. "Well, I guess that means we're on our own." James intoned, turning to the rest of the group. "Well, I need to talk to the scouts. If anyone wants to join me, that's fine. Otherwise, feel free to just wander around aimlessly and explore."

Marissa perked immediately perked and followed James, grabbing Luke's wrist to pull him along behind her. There was no protest from the blond besides a huff. As the two began to walk next to the Lightningclansman, Luke turned away with his arms crossed, obviously trying not to look at James. Marissa was almost skipping next to him. It was so exciting to be so close to a fight! "So, are you looking forward to beating your rival?" She asked, looking up at him. A small smile wormed its way onto her face. "You know, I really hope you beat him. I don't think you'll have any problems beating the heck out of him. I'm so excited! I just can't wait until you give me that necklace, but really, I just can't wait to punch my own rival right in his face. Oh, he deserves it..."

After some traveling, the group finally arrived at the village of the Tzensa tribe. They were greeted by the chief of the tribe and informed that another group of participants were on their way from another village. Marissa seemed happy to have arrived in the village and rather excited at the prospect of fighting. Huoyan smiled slightly, feeling somewhat influenced by her excitement. He had not really liked the girl when they first met but she was so much like a child that he had to resist the urge to pick her up and let her ride on his shoulders. She would probably misunderstand if he suddenly picked her up too. Huoyan listened carefully as the chief explained about their lodgings and asked them to talk to the scouts for more information about the other group. When James asked for people to join him, Huoyan looked at his sensei. Balong nodded and Huoyan went along with James.

Balong watched as Huoyan left with James to go talk to the scouts. He had been to the Naturatribes before but that was a long time ago. The current chief of this tribe was unfamiliar to him and he doubt he was going to get any information out of him. He wondered what had become of his old friend, the shaman Cloud In The Sky. Probably dead and buried already, the melancholy thought crossed Balong’s mind. The trouble with living so long was that most people he knew was probably dead with the possible exception of the Weapon Partners. Shaking off his mood, Balong walked up to the chief, “Chief Windrunner, may I request to see the shaman? I would like to ask him about an old friend of mine.”

James was only half-listening to Marissa, focused mostly on whether or not the warrior from Clan Leon was going to be his first opponent. He silently prayed to the Elemental Lords that is was. Nothing would be more satisfying than giving the smug jerk a thousand volts to the face. But at the same time... that would mean he had to deal with the whole business regarding the necklace... it was a bit of a mixed bag. Good in one way, a little difficult in the other. After reaching the scouts, their leader, judging by the number of feathers adorning his head, nodded at him. "In the incoming group, was there a Lightningclansman from Clan Leon?" James inquired. The head scout scratched his chin in thought. "I believe there was. He wore armor adorned with markings resembling lions." James nodded. "Definitely him."

Chief Windrunner regarded the man from the Pyroshogunate for a moment before shrugging and making a gesture to follow him. After a brief bit of walking, he led the foreigner into a tent with paintings depicting the tribes stories.

((Sorry for the short reply, Sunwolf. Why don't you describe how the tent looks inside, as it's mostly your scene at this moment.))

"Well, what about someone from the Umbraempire?" she asked, standing next to James on her toes. She motioned out beside her, like she was patting the head of a child. Blinking, she moved it upwards, to where it was just out to just above her head. "He's about this tall with hair red enough to be orange. Hm, he also is really pale and has sharp teeth. Oh, he also has one defining feature." Reaching to her thigh, she pulled something from a pack that was tied around her leg. A thick, golden goat's horn was in her head. It was apparent that it had been detached form something. Wearing horns was something common among students of the Demon King. "He has one horn that looks like this."

((*feeble attempt to bump thread*))

Edited by Icepelt