Blobblarg242

Fractured Mana

Luke blinked incrediously at James's response. 'That's rough?' Was that all he had to say. Marissa had gone through so much at such a young age, and all he had to say was 'That's rough?'?! He must have had a pretty easy life, just as th blond had, because Luke really couldn't relate either. Though, every time she spoke of her birth parents, he felt terrible. He couldn't imagine living without his parents. Honestly, he probably woulnd't get very far if he lost even one of them. He was jostled sudednly as Marissa scrambled down his shoulders, getting prodded and poked in the back several times.

If you're hungry, I'm sure I can convince a local store to let me sue their kitchen. said Marissa, smiling widely. Her green eyes flickered for a moment and she was again leaning heavily on Luke, making him frown. She didn't look like she was in any condition to cook. My family owns a very popular bakery. I haven't really cooked before, but it can't be too bad if I read a cookbook. Or...we could combine just enough money for us to share a large meal together. They have plenty of things here. Like...mochi, sushi, ramen...There's a lot!

((Mochi: It's a Japanese rice cake in the form of a cube or sphere.))

Xertos walked at a slow pace down the street, his hooves making soft clopping noises against the ground. The horse moved his head to the side, observing the busy world in front of him, trying to find other contestants.

"No luck yet?" Xuong asked, tilting his head up to gaze at the ears of the horse. He was riding Xertos backwards, his back against the soft, black mane, right leg propped up onto the the animal's back, being careful not to touch the scar that was barely visible between the reddish-brown fur. The horse answered by flicking his left ear, his way of saying a simple 'no' without having to talk. After all, it would be weird for a horse to suddenly form words.

Xuong sighed, looking down again at the coin in his hand. He was moving it between his fingers, making it twirl to amuse himself. All the awe and wonder he had upon arriving at Ozedai had numbed since he discovered he needed his entry papers or he'd be in trouble. Him and Xertos had been looking for tournament officials since dawn, but neither of them were familiar with the area and Xuong suspected they had gotten lost more than once.

Xertos suddenly stopped, ears moving as if he had heard something. Xuong curiously looked at the horse's ears again, watching as they focused on something at the west. Then, his partner entered a light trot, going towards the source of the sound, making Xuong turn to sit properly unless he wanted to fall. He made sure he wasn't sitting on the end of his trench coat before looking where they were going.

Xertos continued to trot, ears attentive to the sounds around him. He was sure he had heard something strange; a kind of deep roar that didn't belong to any creature he had seen before. He eased into a walk after reaching the approximate place, head turning to the right so he could better see what was in front of him. There was a small group there, with some people nearby looking at them as if someone had done something strange. He stopped to evaluate the situation when the boy on his back jumped to the ground, walking ahead of him.

"That guy has papers! Let's ask him" he said, doing a motion to tell Xertos to follow before going straight for the group. Xertos stomped one of his front legs against the ground and flicked his black tail, kind of annoyed at the young one's recklessness, before following at a slow pace.

"Hey! Does any of you guys know how to get the entry papers for the tournament?" Xuong asked, looking between the six or eight people gathered there. He didn't know much about the other country's customs and clothing, but the group's diverse garments suggested they weren't all from the same place, so he figured they would know something.

Marissa turned around from James to face yet another handsome young man. Next to her, Luke grunted a lightly put an arm around her middle to steady her. She blinked, giggling as she stumbled over her own feet. Everything was starting to run together now, but she wasn't going to deny herself the attnetion of three boys. Hre green eyes went to the horse standing next to him. Oh, that must have been his weapon partner! Horses werer such lovely animals. Of course, foxes were much better and much more honorable.

'Hello, there~" she said, sticking out a single knee and waving with her fingers. Her partner grunted uncomfortably, lightly prodding ehr knee so she stood normally again. She had no idea who this boy was, but he was clearly here for the tournament. Not to mention he looked as if he was from the Windmonasteries. Too bad that it would mean that he was peaceful. She pointed back at Zeke. "Mr. Zeke is giving out the papers to the contestants in out group."

James quirked an eyebrow at the newest arrival. "He doesn't look too tough." He said simply. Monks were supposed to be pacifistic for the most part, so they didn't come off as the most vicious of fighters in Jame's mind. Zeke scrambled over to the boy and handed him his papers, sighing afterwards and desiring nothing more than to take a nap. "Can we get something to eat now? That ramen thing sounded interesting..." James said, essentially ignoring the monk in favor of lunch. "Yeah... I'm a little hungry as well. Maybe we should grab something to eat before leaving. It'd help us get better acquainted." Zeke put in. Plus, he loved fish. The idea of having sushi sounded like heaven to him. "You said your adoptive parents had a bakery?" James asked. "Would we have to pay?" James wasn't trying to be stingy, but every little bit would count since they were now on their own.

"I don't think they'd make us pay if I worked in their kitchen. Father makes customers work in his restaurant for a week if they can't afford to pay for it. So we always have someone to help people." said Marissa happily, looking back at James and tipping her head. She would just have to look as cute as possible for theses boys right now. If she didn't she would probably drive them away later with her violent fighting style. Her gaze drifted over to a light bricked building, decorated with paintings of Zadek surrounded along the walls. The entrance was lit with faintly burning flames that would never go out becasue of the elementalists that worked there. She pointed to the restaurant. "How about there? I might need a little help with the cooking, though. I don't exactly have all of my energy right now."

Zeke happily nodded. "Sounds alright to me." He put in. James merely shrugged. "If it serves food, I'll eat. And, I can help in the kitchen a bit." He added. Of the two of them, it was surprising that James was a better cook than Zeke. Zeke had grown up a sailor, while James had been raised as a warrior. During his training, he had been taught the rudimentary basics of cooking the animals that he had hunted. Zeke actually never ate anything that was alive. Save for fish, which was probably attributed to his Aquaraider origins and the fact that his animal form was a cat. "Well, may as well start working." James said with the shrug. "Lead the way."

"Okay~" Marissa, with a bit of support from Luke stumbled into the restaurant. As she entered, she deteched herself from her weapon's grip and approached the host. He bowed and so did she, him lower because she was the guest. Quickly, she pointed to the small group behind her and explained that they would like food, but they couldn't pay for it. The man looked upset before she said that they would cook their own meal and wash the dishes afterwards. He squinted at her before nodding his head and turning away, motioning for them to follow him into the kitchen. Marissa turned to look at James with a tiny grin. "Come on."

As the goupr entered the kitchen, tshe immediately noticed the large amount of heat in the room. Like all places there it was lit by several fires burning on laps through the room. Ocasinally, there would be a snap of the figners and a flame would appear underneath one of the iron pans. Just like the walls outside, several things were made of white brick. The man motioned to the dish that held water in the corner and told them to wash before they touched anything. After placing her hands in the water, she rolled up her sleeves and used the necklace she wore to tie up her hair.Flicking water from her hands, she walked over to wear some dough had been placed in a large bin and began to kned it. Her emerald gaze went to james for a moment, "Coul you try to find some whole bean filling for me, please/ We'll be making azuma!"

((Azuma: Cookie dough with whole bean filling and walnuts.))

Xuong thanked the girl and retrieved his papers from Zeke; a tall, dark-haired man wearing a matching coat. He heard the other boy's comment but didn't pay attention to it, since he couldn't possibly know his level of strength compared to the other people reunited there. Besides, he wouldn't get angry just for something like that.

He started checking the papers while Xertos looked from over his shoulder, half-listening to the conversation one of the other boys was having with the girl. Apparently they were going to work to pay for food. Xuong wasn't that hungry, but he still followed the girl into the restaurant after telling Xertos to wait for him outside. His partner usually refused to go into his human form, and it wouldn't be good to lead a horse into a restaurant. Xertos understood and neighed softly, walking towards the corner of the street to find a place to rest. "I swear, he's acting more and more like a real horse with each passing day" the boy thought, finding it kind of funny.

He followed the girl into the kitchen, taking everything in. Back in the monastery, everyone mostly ate rice, vegetables and fruit, so most of the things people were cooking were new to him. The man that worked there told them to wash their hands, so he followed the girl's lead and copied her movements. She then walked towards some sand-colored dough and started working on it. "How can I help?" Xuong asked, eager to lend a hand. He didn't know if he was going to eat, but he wanted to ask if they could travel together, so it would be for the best if he started making himself useful now. Besides, it would be fun to learn how to make those 'azuma' things.

Edited by ShoukaSangenshiki

Marissa glanced around the room, thinking of what they would need next. She was quite knowing of this, despite her only knowing a few things. When she had been much younger, she had helped her adopitve mother inside the kitchen, both at hom and in their bakery. They usually made a ombination of Pyroshogunese and Mechanorepublican sweets. On occassion they would make Umbraempirian foods as well when Luke visited. As she had aged, she had decied to become a detective in her town. She had, for a short time, gone to work for a man, who was incidentally named Luke, just like her weapon partner. Then she had been interrupted by this tournament.

"Hmmm..." she said finally, whipping her head around multiple times. Her eyes finally landed on the small barrels in the corner that contained several types of nuts. She rose one of her formally laced hands and pointed to the wooden objects; Her glace gloves had been shoved in her undergarments. "Would you please wash and chop some almonds for me?"

James had no earthly idea what 'azuma' was, but he simply nodded and searched for wherever it the ingredients might be kept. After several minutes of searching, and finding that the labels were written in the Pyroshogunate language rather than Basic, James reluctantly decided to ask fro some help. It wouldn't be from Marissa, of course; he'd rather not embarrass himself. Tapping a man's shoulder, he asked where he could find the whole bean filling. The man sighed a little, muttering about foreigners under his breath and then directed the Lightningclansman in the right direction. James thanked him and brought the filling to Marissa. "This is it, right?" He asked.

Zeke on the other hand, was doing something unusual: he was attempting to filch some sushi from the kitchen. Usually, he was opposed to stealing altogether. But when he smelled the heavenly aroma of fish... Zeke hid behind the building where he was sure nobody would spot him, and shifted into his Animal Form. Walking up to the back door, he began to cry and whine in the particular way cats did when they wanted food. Eventually, the same man who had helped James opened the door. "Strange... that cat doesn't appear to be from here..." Grabbing Zeke by the scruff of his neck, he motioned towards James. "Is this your cat?" James peered over for a second and grinned. "And I thought I was the immature one. Yes sir, he's mine." The man nodded and put Zeke back outside, sure that the cat wouldn't leave if it's owner was nearby. He grumbled as he washed his hands again, not wanting to taint the food with the taste of cat fur. Zeke shifted back into his Human Form and sat on the ground, grumbling to himself. "I just wanted a bit of fish..."

"Thank you, sweetie~" she said, taking the filling from James and giving him a small wink as she did so. Though her father disapproved greatly of her flirting with young men, she just couldn't help it. It was in her nature to be a flirt, even if the boys didn't respond. Luke and her older brother, Nikko, disliked it as well. Nikko had even tried to electrocutre a young man because he had looked up her dress. Like her, he had been adopted by her family from the Lightningclans. His father had been unable to take care of him after his mother left, so he ended up being given to them as they were passing the man on the street. Her father said that they had wanted a son, so they took him. Despite their occupation, her parents were kind people.

The girl was disrtacted at the mention of a cat. Gasping, her eyes widened and she turned on the spot, only to see Zeke sitting on the floor and looking upset. Oh, so there wasn't really a cat, but a weapon. Grunting, the girl put her hands on her hips, looking much like a mother scolding their child, "You should know better then to turn into your animal form while in a kitchen! The fur could get on the food and make everyoen sick when they eat it!" Quickly realizing what she had said, she bowed as low as she possibly could in apology. "I'm so sorry for speaking to you in such a way. It was disprespectful." She sighed and turned around, beginning to mold the dough into the shape she wanted.

"Wash and chop almonds, got it" Xuong said, looking around to try to find where the drupes were stored. He walked towards the barrels the girl pointed him to, making sure he didn't accidentally get in the way of someone else, and looked inside them. Quickly locating the desired nuts, he grabbed a handful of them and asked around for a place to chop them. One of the men working there pointed him to a free space and told him where to find a chopping board, so he headed there with the board and a knife and started on his task. He set the tools there for future use and washed the almonds, making sure to not miss any spots before summoning wind around the drupes to dry them, being careful not to let the air travel to other parts of the kitchen and bother the other people working there. That done, he took them back and put them on the board, cheerfully grabbing the knife and cutting them.

He got distracted when a man loudly asked about a cat, and looked to see the black, furry animal, whose yellow eyes were gazing at some fish that two of the workers were handling. The boy in armor said the cat was his, and then the girl started scolding the feline, mentioning an animal form. "So I guess that cat is someone's partner" he thought, finishing cutting the almonds into tiny bits. He was good at chopping stuff; it was one of the few cooking methods he was accustomed to.

He put the pieces in a bowl and returned to where the girl was molding the dough, leaving the bowl next to the place she was working at. "Anything else? Or do you need me to chop more almonds?" he asked, curiously looking how she was shaping the dough.

"Oh! Thank you! Hm...I love a man who can cook." Again, Marissa winked, this time with a little giggle. Giving him a tiny grin, she went back to work. Three handsome young men would be coming on this trip with her: Luke, James, and this kid. Luke was cute, and she had always told him so, which made him turn pink. James was very good-looking as well, but he didn’t seem to be interested in her. It was actually quite strange to her. Boys were just so much fun to mess with, whether they responded or not. She hated that, though, as she felt like the boy was basically telling her she wasn’t pretty. It wasn't like she was completely shallow, but she just couldn't understand how a boy could resist her. At that moment, she realized that she didn't know where he was from or what his name was. Oh, how rude of her to not ask! She was trying to flirt with this boy, and she had no idea what he was called "So, cutie pie," she started, beginning to take some of the filling and squeezing it into each pastry. "What's your name? You're from the Windmonasteries, right? You sure look like it Heehee...You're handsome too!"

Edited by Icepelt

James simply slacked off once it seemed he was no longer needed. Zeke was now patiently waiting for a chance to sample some of the sushi. Fish was his favorite treat in the world, and exotic fish was the greatest experience he'd ever had. Koi was supposedly very tasty... As Marissa began to flirt with the boy from the Windmonasteries, James began to get an itch. It was an itch to fight this newcomer. Why? He had no idea. It might simply be that he was as battle-crazy as usual. Perhaps he really did like Marissa and he wouldn't consciously admit it. Either way, he was absolutely sure about his next course of action. Pointing a finger at the boy who hadn't been looking his way, James sent a tiny bolt of electricity from his finger at him. It wasn't enough to do any real damage, but it would easily get his attention by some measure. Zeke looked over at him. "...I saw that." He whispered. James shrugged. "Why did you just zap him?" James shrugged again. "Are you jealous of Marissa giving him attention?" James didn't shrug this time, but instead whispered back. "Perhaps. If that gives me an excuse to fight him, then sure. Let's just see how thing pan out first."

Marissa could have sworn that she heard a small crackle of electricity in the air. Her green gaze quickly went to James, the only one in the room who could use such things right now. He was from the Lightningclans, right? While she pretty much had a neutral expression on her face, she still suspected him. Her green eyes narrowed as she filled the last section of dough with filling. If he thought that they were going to have it out in the restaurant kitchen, they had another thing coming. It would be very wrong of them to fight in a place where food was stored. Not only would they be wasting a bunch of food if they happened to spill something, but the group could be kicked from the restaurant. Then the rest of the places in town would probably close just so they wouldn’t go inside. Holding him in her gaze for a moment, she took the small bowl of almonds that had been given to her, and slammed it down in front of him.

“Do you like you could help me put almonds on these things?” she said, widening her eyes into an innocent gaze. Well, it worked on her little brother. He would always feel bad and immediately behave. The girl adjusted her sleeves before motioning to the piles of dough, but then she grinned a bit. “You’re so big and strong. I’m sure that you’re smart too. Could you help little old me with this, hot stuff, Hm?” She glanced back at the other boy giving him a small smile before grabbing ahdnful of almonds. "I'm sorry about that. It was very rude. I'll ask you again. What's your name?"

Edited by Icepelt

"Cutie pie?" Xuong thought, kind of confused. Back in the monastery where he grew up, boys and girls were usually separated so the older monks could teach each gender accordingly, focusing on their strengths and weaknesses. It wasn't forbidden for them to interact with each other, but the intensive training meant they didn't see much of the girls unless they all did a sparring session together. And even then, most of the girls were as focused on the training as the boys, so Xuong couldn't quite get how this peculiar girl was acting. Oh well, she had complimented his cooking skills (even when the only thing he had done was chop some almonds, which hardly required any skills at all), so he guessed that was good. Although he got lost again at the 'handsome' part; why mention something like that?

"Yes, I do. My name's Xuong" he cheerfully greeted, doing a small bow, his open left hand over his right fist like he was taught to do. He opened his mouth to ask for her name when he felt a small bolt of electric current on his back, making him slightly jump and quickly turn to try to find out what it had been. The girl seemed to know the culprit, though, as she grabbed the bowl of almond pieces and slammed it in front of the boy with the armor.

Xuong frowned, a little confused. "Is there something you wanted?" he asked the boy, trying to find out why would he zap him. It hadn't hurt, but it had felt weird, and he was sure the other boy could have used a better way to catch his attention.

"As a matter of fact, there is something I want. To fight you. Not for your crystal shard, not to the death, just a quick spar after we leave town. I want to gauge my competition... never fought a monk before." James said, before shrugging and going about the task Marissa had asked of him. His stomach was still reminding him that he needed to eat, and there wasn't the faintest chance that he could fight on an empty stomach. Zeke sighed and walked into the kitchen, washing his hands as per request of the kitchen staff. "Don't mind James, Xuong. He likes to fight people. A lot. Probably because of the way he was raised, but if he seems aggressive it's not necessarily because he dislikes you. Quite the contrary. He might even want to be your friend. Though he wouldn't admit it outright..." James tuned out Zeke, not wanting to be a part of his conversation with the monk. "You know, Marissa. You're very peculiar. I think that's something that both me and Xuong over there can agree on. You're nothing like the girls back home, and I doubt that you have much in common with female monks either."

"Xuong, huh? Oh, based on that name, and the way you bowed just now, it looks like I was right. You are from the Windmonasteries. Hm, you must be very relaxed, right?" Marissa tipped her head to the side whenever Xuong's gaze went past her and to James. Oh, was he bothered by the electric current. She sighed, if they were about to fight over her, she wasn't going to let them do that here. Plus, it wasn't like Xuong was going to fight anyway, but James spoke like he wouldn't hold back. Of course, these we all based off of things she had been taught in school. Lightningclanners were very boiusterous when they fought, while Windmonasterians were very peaceful and were only taught to fight in case they were very in a bit of danger. Leaning forward, she made sure to obstruct the view of the both of them. "I'm Marissa Fokku." She bowed, just as Zeke spoke to the boy sh had intorduced herslef too. When the Lightningclan representative spoke, she looked back at him with a small grin, grabbing almonds and making sure to brush his hand lightly as she did. She of course tried her best to make it look like an accident. Were those electric currents she felt zip through her body? "That's not bad is it? I'm sure most guys like it when a girl strays from the norm. Or are you just calling me cute?" With a tiny giggle, she winked and went back to sprinkling almonds on the food.

Edited by Icepelt

Xuong listened to Zeke, and the small worry he had felt upon hearing what the other boy, James, wanted disappeared when the Weapon Partner explained. "So that was it" he thought. Well, if it was just a small spar where no one got hurt, he supposed it wouldn't be so bad if that was James' way of greeting him. He wanted to get along with everyone on the group so it wouldn't be difficult to travel together, and respecting the others' customs and habits was mandatory.

"Don't worry, I don't mind as long as no one gets hurt and we don't use weapons" he told Zeke. He didn't know what kind of fighting style James had, but weapons were too dangerous to use in a friendly competition; someone could easily get injured, even if the holder knew what he was doing. And the most pointless thing one could do was to injure one's teammates. However, one of the reasons Xuong had entered the tournament was because he wanted to learn other country's styles, although he would have preferred a less direct method.

He turned when the girl spoke to him again, introducing herself as Marissa before turning and talking to James again. Xuong was glad she didn't look angry with the other boy; it had just been a small zap after all, nothing to fight about. "So, is there anything else I can do?" he asked, eager to continue cooking.

"I meant your mannerisms. Monks are serene and peaceful; people from the Lightningclans value muscle over brain, sadly. Especially that moron from Clan Leon..." He muttered. Clan Beanna was known for it's clever warriors. They weren't always known for feats of strength, but they were known for their unorthodox fighting techniques and quick thinking. They were the first ones to conceive the idea of putting leather padding in their armor to reduce internal damage from electricity. "Though, you are fairly cute." He stated, not looking at the girl as he continued to work. In his mind, he was merely stating a fact as opposed to an opinion. James didn't really care how she interpreted that to be honest. Though, it might have unforeseen consequences in the future...

"Um..." Marissa looked around the room, trying to think of something Xuong could do. Maybe, if she distracted them, they would forget about fighting. In no way was she opposed to them fighting, especially if they were fighting over her. But them to disgrace themselves in a public place like that by getting rough, it disgusted her. She was raised in a family that came from the Pyroshogunate, she valued the opinions of others and honor very highly. Now, it would be different if they weren't in a restaurant. Her gaze finally landed on the small, stone over in the corner. "Would you warm up the oven? Please? I'm really hungry. I'd be really nice if you helped me cook these. That way, I'll be so happy~" She was now leaning closer to the boy, a single hand resting on the counter to bring her shoulder forward, with a slightly mischievous smirk on her face. Pulling away, she walked back over to the dish that held water, which had been replaced with fresh water after the cat fur had got into. As she did, she let a single hand lift James's chin a bit. Standing on her toes, she spoke quitely. "You're pretty cute yourself." Letting his head flop down, she began to get the dough from her hands. Oh, flirting was such a great pasttime.

Huoyan blinked at the young girl’s explanation of her circumstances. Although he felt sorry for the girl, there was nothing much he could do about it. Then, the lightning user mentioned that he was hungry and the group decided to have lunch. They found a restaurant and the young girl managed to persuade the owner to let them use the kitchen. Both Huoyan and Balong stayed out of the way as Marissa seemed to know what she was doing. Huoyan smiled a little at the antics of the cat, who appears to be the weapon partner of the lightning user, James. Marissa started flirting with the boys. “A very feisty young girl, that one,” Balong said quietly to Huoyan, “Looks like she’s having fun. Ah, to be young again.” Balong continued in a wistful voice.

Huoyan just grunt back in reply. Although he was not really hungry, he was just abit tired from his trek down the mountains. A small flash caught his eye and he saw James send a tiny bolt of electricity to the boy from the Windmonasteries. It now appears as if the two boys had agreed on a quick spar. Huoyan was interested as he had never seen Elementalists from other nations in action before.

Luke leaned against the wall, giving Marissa a disapproving look. He hated it when she got like this, all giggly and such. Most boys would flirt with her back, which only made the weapon even angrier. Now, Luke wasn't normally the type of person to get upset, but people flirting with a girl that was basically his sister hit a nerve. One of the people next to him seemed to believe that it was entertaining, rather than horrifying. To take on two men at once, disgusting! Not that he hated Marissa because of this behavior, but he did wish that she would act that way away from him. Heck, she could probably even kiss a boy and he would be fine, as long as it wasn't in front of him. His mother always teased him and said that she had a crush on her, but he knew that he didn't. She was almost the complete opposite of him.

His blue eyes widened as the boy who called himself James suggested a fight. Luke suddenly became worried and he furrowed his brow watching the two speak. They...weren't upset, right? Then why do they want to fight? He just couldn't understand why a person would fight an ally for no reason. He looked worriedly at the two men next to him, his voice hard to hear over the bustle in the kitchen, "Um...Why are they fighting?"

Zeke sighed slightly at Luke's innocent question. "It's because James is incredibly stubborn..." Sometimes Zeke regretted becoming the boy's Weapon Partner... then he thought about the idea of a less controlled weapon being in the hands of James and thought that the notion of James becoming power-mad on top of battle-crazy would be hell on earth. "Heck, it might even be because he secretly has a crush on Marissa... I dunno." James had actually paused for a moment after Marissa started to flirt with him again. Shrugging off any other thoughts, he went back to the task of preparing the food. If he didn't eat soon, he'd probably starve to death. He should have stocked up on blaa before he left his home... 'Though my sister probably would have taken them.' He thought wryly. She had always been mischievous, and stealing a couple of rolls from him would definitely be something she'd do, if for no other reason than that they were siblings.

((Blaa = an Irish bread roll))

"W-what did you say?!" Luke's eyes widened as he became more worried. He understood that James was supposedly stubborn, but the way he felt about Marissa really set the weapon off. His eyes went between the two the teens rapidly, slight panic coming onto his face. He knew that the Lightningclans were trained to fight from birth, but he had no idea that they would harm women. According to his father, though, it was okay to hurt a woman if they were doing something that went against the wishes of the Elemental Lords. He had also said that it was a defense as well. Marissa had done nothing, though! Did he really hate it when girls flirted with him or something? His blue gaze went wildly to Zeke. "He wants to crush her?!"