Merryier12

The Agency

Yalio

So, the servants left the noblewoman, leaving her understaffed. Such a coincidence, though the wonder of why they left in the first place flitted through Yalio's mind. He shook the thought quickly, however, not wanting to ponder too much on the thought and dragged himself into a place too dark for him to handle. She couldn't be that bad, after all. "Um...I do not mind..." he murmured quietly, wringing his hands as he answered the woman's simple question. "Though, I never had two jobs before... it was hard trying to get the one I'm in now..." Not to mention several years, but he kept that to himself.

To keep himself busy, Yalio let his eyes wander about the hallways they walked. He never left the kitchen, so this place seemed all new to him, even though he worked in the building for a year or two now. "Eh...do you know where you're going...?" he asked hesitantly, pale red eyes turning to gaze at the Lady. He tried not to sound stupid, but in way, he was. The albino was ignorant of the place he worked in, uninformed about the person he worked for, and the situation of the kingdom he was residing in. He knew little, and although he tried asking a person or two once before, the only reply he ever received was a dark look. Perhaps now was the chance that Yalio would get to understand what was happening around him as a whole instead of just him trying to peel potatoes.

Kailey

So he'd noticed? Who was she kidding, of course he noticed. She'd wanted him to notice. But now that he mentioned it, she realized that he might not approve of decision. This worried her, but didn't change her thoughts on the matter. It was her life, and therefore her thoughts and choices were the only ones that mattered. His grin could melt the Arctic, but Kailey could put out a front of being indifferent.

It was then that Will made the comment about a farm. He stared at the man fiercely until the frightened young man hurried away. The fact that he'd lied to protect her cover was one thing, but for someone as quiet and lonesome as him to put such a show of strength into something? It was different. With a smile Kailey shrugged and sipped her own tea nonchalantly. "I left." Finally it came out, after a few more sips of tea she smiled. "And I'm not going back. I can still work the True Agency so believe me, it wasn't a hard decision."

Her eyes slid over to him, trailing up his arm, shoulder, neck. The lightly stubbled jaw, and his blonde hair. Finally ending with his eyes. Peering into them she frowned, unable to read him. "You know that story will spread like fire, the Lady Kailey, able to reads desires and emotions with a glance, and Sir William, the elusive bard that evades even the Lady Killer, Lily. Heading to a friend's farm? Not likely, unless they owe Lovissa money. But then... I no longer work for Lady Lovissa. So it wouldn't matter either way."

William Jones

Will smiled. Of course it would be an interesting story to tell, but only those in the Agencies knew who he was. But, inside he was troubled. She had left the Agency. That was very much unheard of. Obviously, Lovissa hadn't taken kindly to the move. The soldiers that marched across the land proved it. His Grace was failing him now. He felt it fade away as his emotions \intensified. Angry with himself, Will glanced away from Kailey scowling. How could he be so weak? For so many years he had kept his emotions under lock and key. And then someone who could read them as though it were a book came along and threw off his concentration in more ways than one.

Will ate the food in front of him quickly and neatly. His eyes never met Kailey's during that time. Now, finished eating, Will turned his body to face her. His eyes took in every detail. Her red hair was magnificently curled, her face was flushed. Her eyes were such foreign colors that, instead of being averted by them, he was entranced. One forest green, not unlike his own. The other one was a light purple that reminded him directly of nobles. He shuddered as a chill passed through his body. Those eyes were so like his, and yet so different. They had seen so many more things than he had, or perhaps it was the other way around. All he knew for certain was that those eyes were not his, and they looked far more tired than his own must.

Will kicked his feet up on top of a nearby, empty stool. He turned his eyes back to Kailey now. "I suppose once you're done eating, we'll have to get you out of here. Because, as much as I'd love to believe I could, I can't take out an entire army," He glanced out the window, wondering if the army of soldiers was still outside in the town. They would be hard to sneak by with Kailey. Under normal circumstances, it would be so simple, he would probably make a bunch of sounds to try and make the escape a bit more eventful. "Why did she send so many people after you anyhow? I thought they like to make you think that Agencies are optional. This certainly proves the opposite."

Kailey

Kailey, who had for the entire night, been trying to read Will was almost jolted from her seat as a cloud of turmoil attacked her mind. Carefully preventing it from taking hold, Kailey did her best to pick through the emotions. The only one she could really identify was anger. Wether it be directed at her or at himself was beyond her knowledge. Kailey wasn't exactly hungry, nor thirsty. She hadn't eaten since a large lunch at an Inn quite like this in Richard's land. It had been hearty and filling, but hunger gnawed at the edges of her stomach. Not yet hungry, but getting there.

Besides, she'd much rather spend her time memorizing Will's features. The feel of his mood was something she'd come to treasure, feeding off it rather than the meal before her. She hated to waste something he could so easily take from her again. She'd been so caught up reading his emotions that she at first hadn't noticed Will's turn. He was facing her now with a look even she couldn't interpret. Yet she found herself doing the same with him. His hair was a messy blonde pile on his head, and as she'd noticed before he had a thin layer of light stubble coating his jaw. Just as he finished examining her, she finished him.

Their eyes locked and she was entranced by the way even his eyes showed his personality. One green, like her own, the other brown as the dirt that had covered her when she fell from the carriage. Everything about him had a light Earthen feel, that of someone who travels often. Her own eyes did nothing but show how annoyingly stupid she was for joining the cursed Agency to begin with. Though it had been Kailey who had started the True Agency she often wished she would have just said no when first asked to join the Original Agency. In the midst of her thoughts, Will kicked back in his chair and said, "I suppose once you're done eating, we'll have to get you out of here. Because, as much as I'd love to believe I could, I can't take out an entire army."

Kailey frowned, yes she knew she needed to get out of Lovissa's land but why was Will offerring to come along? As a general rule of thumb, two people were more noticeable than one. That wasn't going to make her turn him down though, Kailey was quite sure it would take a lot to make her do that. So she just nodded and rose, handing her plate to a silent man who seemed sickly and was resting in a corner, "God bless." He told her weakly. Kailey gave him a warm smile and headed back over to Will. "Let's go then."

William Jones

Will watched as she gave her food to the man. It was interesting to see someone do such a thing. Raising an eyebrow but not saying anything, he paid the bartender. With a smile on his face, he idly thanked the man for his hospitality and good choice. Finished with the niceties, Will led the way out of the inn, not looking back at Kailey. He knew she'd follow. Upon coming outside, he flicked his hood over his head and looked around with a sharp eye. The soldiers were gone. That meant they had time to move before they came back searching for them more carefully.

He walked to the stables. Umber was there, clean, fed, watered. He was a fresh horse now. He'd be able to carry them both to another town before the sun rose on the next day. William jumped on Umber's back with incredible grace. He spurred the horse outside of the stables as he had once done before and stopped in front of the inn. "My Lady Kailey, your horse awaits." He called as gallantly as he could manage. His heart was racing, however. He was calm enough, but he knew that he had to move quickly. Especially with a second rider. It would not be an easy escapade.

Anri

Hiding ones emotions from Kailey was no small feet, but Will seemed to be quite able. Anri, on the other hand, felt nothing to start with; his emotions died in his childhood. Kailey would have a hard time sensing him, which is why he sat on his stallion in an alley across from the tavern, watching as always.

His grace was on high alert, his instinct to survive burning through him. The soldiers were circling around the city, looking and waiting for Will and Lady Kailey to make an appearance. Will was right in his thinking that this would not be an easy escape. Anri looked down at his ebony black stallion, just as the stallion looked back at him.

That silent agreement let Anri easily spurr the stallion out into the street, stopping a few feet ahead of Will and Kailey. The quiet of the night seemed even more silent, but Anri heard many things. The sqweak of Umber's saddle, the cat a few streets over; and the soldiers at the entrances of the city. Survival. Anri's voice, when he spoke, was deep and emotionless, but sure and steady. Calm. "I'll draw the soldiers...while you two flee..." Eight words. The most he'd spoke in years, but necessary.

Kailey

Kailey followed Will silently, unable though to cover her easily spotted red hair with a cloak as hers was on the beggar being chased down by soldiers. She sighed briefly, but scanned the pieircing darkness diligently, unable to really accept that she was alone. Will's back had slipped away into the darkness, hidden from her eyes. Suddenly, everything she heard seemed an attacker lying in wait. Peering into the shroud of darkness, Kailey frowned, not sensing anyone around.

"My Lady Kailey, your horse awaits." Kailey nearly jumped as Will and Umber seemed to materialize in front of her. With a small smile she allowed herself to be pulled into the saddle just as Anri appeared. It startled her that she had not sensed him, troubled her. What if her Grace were to fail them? Panic seized her for a moment before she quickly noticed he had something to say.

In a deep rumbling voice, quite unlike Will's, he said, "I'll draw the soldiers...while you two flee..." Kailey looked up, not fearfully exactly, more along the lines of sad acceptance, at Will's face. Her eyes were wide, innocent, and her long lashes delicately cast thin shadows down her face in the moonlight. She nodded once to Anri, and thanked him before wrapping an arm around Will's waist.

William Jones

Will's eyes were on her. He was completely mesmerized by her. The way her curls of red seemed to dance as she moved. The way her eyes widened minutely, showing off her purple and brown eyes. He watched her with a careful eye, hand outstretched to help if needed, as she climbed atop Umber's back. A deep voice interrupted his concentration. Almost angry at the intrusion on such a small scene of measured awe, Will spun to see who was addressing the two of them. It was a young man. The strength and calmness did not appear to fit a man of such youth, but that of a far wiser man.

He was planning on holding the soldier's back. Will had pride, and now it flared. He did not know this man at all, but he knew that it would be wrong to leave him to fight alone. He raised his chin, looking down his nose ever so slightly at the man. "I-I can't leave you to fight an army alone," He said as strong as he was able. However, with a naturally husky voice, Will was unable to reveal the seriousness of the situation. He sighed and looked away, scowling in the darkness. His hood was now falling back off his head and he flicked it off with a twitch of his neck. The blonde hair that donned his head was a stark contrast to that of the pelt of the horse he rode.

Will fingered the reins, keeping his eyes anywhere but on the man. It was going against everything that he knew. But, he had to protect Kailey. A new determination crossed his face and he looked back up at the man. It was a scowl of certainty, not frustration. "I'll get her to the nearest town. It's called Inlain. Meet us there at the tavern. I'll be the only bard there, simply ask for the bard." He told the man. This way, he left it open. Will was inviting yet another life to touch his own that hung so delicately in balance with that of Kailey's and an army. He hadn't realized it earlier, but now he did. His face was flushed. Kailey had wrapped her arm around his waist. Her touch was a welcome emotional rock. To support him in such a time. He nodded respectfully at Anri. Spurring Umber away, he undertook the long ride to the village Inlain.

Kailey

Kailey could only watch quietly as Will flipped his hood back. His hair was shining in the moonlight. Her own hair shimmered, but his gleamed. Tonight the moon was a flat disc in the sky, bathing everything in a milky white light. It made things look pale, and gave everything an unearthly beauty. She could easily distinguish Will's features from behind. His hair was longer than most, but Kailey didn't mind. In fact she was too distracted to really have a coherent thought. Will was struggling with allowing Anri to stay behind it was apparent with or without her Grace. Aching to comfort Will, but knowing it was his decision, she sat pensively behind him. Umber was silent as well, as though he feared no more apples should he make a sound.

Though Kailey couldn't see his face, it was easy to picture the different feelings flitting across his face. And of course the ones that didn't. She could see though by the set of his jaw and the grim determinedness that overtook him that he'd come to a decision. He accepted the offer and explained where they were headed quickly though he felt a bit unsure of his decision. Kailey frowned but nodded to Anri thankfully just before Will spurred Umber into action. Kailey looked back worriedly, hoping to see a clear street. Sure enough all she saw was Anri, all alone. Breathing a small sigh of relief, Kailey held her arm around Will's waist so that she wasn't thrown off on accident.

Kailey knew from expierience that the ride would be long, and unless Will wished to harm Umber beyond healing, they'd have to stop before morning. She could only see a single profile of his face, but she could see he was flushed. From the wind or from the occurrences.... Or from herself she couldn't tell. Everything about this man intrigued her. Down to the smallest dart of his eyes. And yet, it was there she found her anger. Why did she need someone that would effect her so? She hadn't asked for one surely. In fact she'd done nothing, it'd been forced upon her. Like an unwanted... Yet welcomed sore. It irritated her that she was such a fool. He was going to leave, just as he'd done before. Yet she insisted on prolonging the time, so that the knife would cut a bit deeper when the time came. She herself was tired and ready to sleep, trying to stay awake was utterly failing, she she leaned her head forward, and her eyes drifted closed.

Anri

Anri couldn't keep the smirk from his face, but behind the mask that covered from below his eyes down, it was hidden well. He lifted his head, revealing his own two colored eyes as his hood slid back slightly. He only nodded in respone to what Will said, the invitation acknowledge but not yet accepted. He had to worry with the soldiers for now; wherever his feet took him after would be determined then.

Once Umber was nearly out of sight, Anri turned his stallion and spurred him the opposite way, silent as a grave save for the pounding of hooves on the cobblestone. The gates appeared from the darkness and the form of a soldier stood before it. Shadow skidded to a stop and reared up, giving a terrible scream that only a stallion of his stature could.

Hooves came crashing down where the soldier had been and Shadow was off again, the soldiers following behind in anger. Anri's grace kicked in high gear, spreading to Shadow like it always did. Let this Grace now hold me, let in now take over me. Let it rule me, spirit and soul, let it save me, this night that's growing old.[

William Jones

Will glanced back only once. The sight was amazing. A lone rider on a black steed confronting a wall of soldiers. He only hoped for the man's sake that he was Graced. With fighting, or speed. Something that would truly save his life in a situation such as the one he rode so blindly into. It was a kind of foolish that only one who committed such deeds regularly would understand. Will knew for a fact that his escapades were foolish and very dangerous at the best. But, sometimes, that's what made them fun.

He felt Kailey's head resting against his back and decided that it might be time to rest. He pulled Umber to a stop. The horse was panting heavily. He then walked the brown horse to a nearby stream and dismounted carefully, taking Kailey into his arms as he did so. Sleeping seemed to double her beauty, but even more intensify her innocence. No matter what her eyes had seen, she had not seen the world like he had. Perhaps, never felt the carelessness that he had at one point in his life. And, for this, William pitied her. Not only her, but himself too. He had lost that carelessness that faithful day when he had a run in with the Lady Killer Lily.

Will shrugged his cloak off his back and onto the ground, making the best makeshift bed he could, he laid Kailey down to sleep. Routine kicked in. The young man tied the horse to a nearby tree, sat down against said tree, and looked at the moon. It was full, or close to. Light was not scarce at this point, he didn't believe a fire would either be required nor helpful to their hiding. If the night proved too cold, he would make one. But, he was of hardy stature and if he thought that Kailey may get could, he could take Umber's blanket off and cover her with it temporarily. Raising his eyes wearily to the sky, he forced his emotions into a state of calm and well being simply by breathing. It was a beautiful night.

Anri

If a man said that he was a demon, he would not be straying far from the truth. Anri's red eye flashed in the light, his hood slipping off his head to rest on his shoulders. A soldier's sword flashed in his right hand, a dagger flew from his left. Shadow reared and kicked out as often as Anri lashed out himself. This was a man who had danced with death once to many times and no longer feared it. Soldiers screams and cries echoed in his head, but none registered in his mind. Blood coated his cloak and his stallion, but neither noticed. His breathing was coming fast and hard, his stallion panting at the same even pace; but neither acknowledge it. Pain flashed through his arm and leg, blood flowed from the wounds upon him and his steed; but neither heeded the pain as it came to them.

The night was young, but the soldiers left standing were few. The fighting paused a moment, letting Anri see the damage he'd done. Not a single soldier dead. Injured, crippled, but not a single dead man among them all. The trees were calling him and Shadow, and he took heed of the shadows there. Ten soldiers saw him turn his stallion; ten soldiers of the many saw him one moment then saw him vanish the next. There would be no more hunting tonight. The stream called him and he went to it, turning and following it a few miles before finally stopping. Fatigue hit him like a wall and he slid off Shadow with hardly a leg to stand on. He collapsed to his knees beside the stream, feeling the blood that coated him and not caring.

He slipped the cloak off, the tunic quick to follow. The moon above showed his pale scars that criss-crossed his skin, bathing the newest wounds in fresh light even as he washed them clean and wrapped them. He washed the blood from his cloak and tunic, hanging both from a tree and letting them dry as he tended Shadow's wounds. The stallion, like his master, had many scars that shown in the moonlight. These new ones were simply add-ons in the ever growing collection. Once done, Anri laid in the grass beside the stream, letting his eyes close. Without thought, he muttered his desicion to himself as sleep overtook him, "Tomorrow...to Inlain..."

Edited by Songbreeze2012

Kailey

Kailey was just barely concious enough to register hands lifting her and laying her down gently on the ground. She was warm enough to stay in the open, but she was covered in a scraggy blanket that radiated heat. She quickly sank into a deeper sleep.

She could tell as dreamers sometimes could, that she was dreaming. There was a thick mist surrounding her, she couldn't see anyone in the midst of it. Disgruntled, she realized that she was back in the lovely gown from Sir Richard's party. At least she was barefoot though. Glancing around she finally spied someone coming from the shadows of the mist. It wasn't someone she recognized.

"Lady Kailey, do not be alarmed. I'm the Lady Zora, I'm here to tell you that I have information on your parents.... I can understand if you don't want to, but here you are." With that the dream faded, leaving two things in Kailey's mind. Firstly the note, secondly her eyes... One grey, the other blue. A Graceling had just stepped into her dream to deliver something. She scanned the note to memory before all of it all drifted to the blackness of a simple night of sleep. Her features may have shifted on the outside slightly, a bit frustrated, and confused. But other than that? Nothing.

TIME SKIP TO NEXT MORNING

Kailey

Kailey woke with a start, the lingering feeling of fear left over from her dream still held her in its grasp. It slowly faded as she looked around, taking in her surroundings. The first thing she noticed was the blanket covering her, for she had forgotten the events during which she'd been semi-concious. It seemed to be the blanket that protected Umber from the harsh rub of a saddle. A slight smile tugged at the corner of her mouth and she looked around to take in the rest of her surroundings.

Will was laying on the ground, wrapped in his cloak it seemed. She admired his sleeping face in wonder. Admiring the way a splash of sunlight accented her fice. His prominent cheekbones were lit up in quite a different way than the mindnight moon had caused. His face, instead of seeming so alienly beautiful now was a rougher version, showed his flaws more acurately. Yet, it was those that seemed the most... Beautiful. She had no other word really.

She smiled and stood, her clothes were somewhat wrinkled, but otherwise clean. Kailey stretched with a small yawn before a thought struck her. She'd never tried to before, but was it possible to read someone whilst they slept? She turned on the spot and tried to tune into Will's feelings. She could feel them only momentarily before a sort of self-defense mechanism kicked in, and his feelings slid away from her. Frowning she shook her head lightly before taking a deep breath.

Turning to Umber, who was awake and grazing nearby, she saw his saddle-bags laying next to him. Will must've taken the off last night. Heading over she colected the things neccessary for a breakfast and kneeled down quietly. As a member of an Agency, though her Grace was not directly dangerous, she had been trained for missions and that sort of duty as well as simple court life. She quickly gathered the materials for a fire, making sure to keep quiet so that she wouldn't wake Will. He deserved his rest after a night such as the one they'd had.

Once everything was gathered, she set up a small ring of rocks, and had made sure to choose only the driest of things to prevent smoke. It took a few tries, but slowly, Kaily coaxed a fire from teh dried twigs, leaves, and branches. She had taken out some already prepared meat, and some herbs to season the fresher meat with. Along with some bread and cheese, it wouldn't be the best meal the two had ever had, but it would do.

Kailey sat by the fire quietly, content to the smell of the meat, and to watch Will as he slept. She chewed on a mint leaf she'd found in the packs of seasoning. As she sat, her eyes were drawn to the fire, delighting in the way it danced and mingled with the different colors. Her face was flushed, and pink from sitting so close to the fire while she tended the meat, and her hair itself almost looked like flames from the light the fire casted, combined with that of the sun. There was little sound, other than that of the meat sizzling, and Kailey (who was used to waking to the noises of a bustling city) found herself straining to hear anything.

William Jones

Sleep was good. It was a sanctuary from worry and a place of unending happiness. Normally. Luckily for Will, it was this time too. He rested fully and was pleased to be sleeping. Not a dream plagued his mind. Perhaps, that was because of his utter exhaustion when he finally succumbed to sleep. Because, try as he might, he had been unable to stay awake the entire night to watch for guards. He had, in truth, fallen asleep quite soon after he had sat down. Like so many other things in life, sleep tended to be an unstoppable force.

The young man stirred in the sun. He first groaned, covering his eyes form the garish light, but slowly came to. He had to get up and moving to make sure that Kailey and himself got away from the pursuing forces. Will leapt to his feet and, before even looking for Kailey, walked to the stream. Without another thought, he removed his shirt and boots and jumped into the freezing cold water. When he surfaced, he was gasping for breath and hugging his arms as close to his body as he could. In truth, the stream was not deep. It was only about 4 feet deep and Will could stand in it without being swept away by the current.

Cocking his head to the side and grinning, Will looked at Kailey. "Oh, I see you made breakfast. Well," He crawled out of the water. He was painfully aware of his lack of upper body clothing and determinedly pulled it back over his head. His body wasn't particularly muscular, but it was enough so that the sharp contours of his bones were adequately covered. Shivering visibly, he ran barefoot to the fire. "And a fire too! Well, aren't you somethin'?" He joked lightly as he huddled close to the fire. "Now, I didn't do that for no reason. If I hadn't done that, I wouldn't be as awake and chipper as I am now. And no body wants a half asleep driver."

Anri

The light filtered down through the trees, but not enough to wake Anri from his sleep. The ebony black stallion nudged his head, making Anri stirr silently. Absently, he reached up and patted Shadow's muzzle before sitting up. Without much though, he rolled and went head first into the stream. The cold water did little to affect him, but it did wash the crusted blood from the night before away. He stood and unwound the wrapping from his wounds, watching the dried blood wash away in the water.

He climbed out of the four foot stream easily, his lacerations crying out against the movement, but he easily ignored them. He tended his stallion absently, letting the water drip from him as he thought. He would be going to Inlain today, and would be meeting William and Lady Kailey there at that. It wasn't often he let himself meet others, even at the True meetings he stayed to himself. But last night he'd made it possible for them to escape, and had decided to at least join them for a short while at Inlain.

He re-wrapped Shadow's wounds as well as his own, ignoring the stinging pain in his limbs. He looked at the scars that danced across his skin, remembering each one as easily as if they were still new. He walked lightly to the tree, taking his tunic down and slipping it over his head, his cloak quick to follow. He pulled the hood up over his head, pulling the cloth mask up under his eyes. He always hid his scars, no matter how hot or cold the weather was.

Without a second thought, he mounted his stallion and urged him forward beside the stream. The stream would turrn off a few miles from Inlain, but until it did, he could follow it most of the day. Shadow snorted shaking his mane and bridle absently and following the stream without much direction from Anri. Anri reached up and plucked an apple from the tree they passed, pulling his face-mask down and eating the fruit. He'd eat more at the tavern, when he got there.

((I am so sad. I've missed so many opportunities to join in! School work, as usual... is it all right if I just materialized, last morning, and just start from there?))

Senka

Senka emerged from the wall's shadow on an agile dappled gray mare, a fleet steed that looked as if it could out dance the wind. She had been observing. as usual. She knew that information could be as powerful as strength. She saw as Anri fought the soldiers, and sent Kailey and Will - she did not forget her promise to meet - safely away. Anri is good at fighting, he is capable... she mused while watching him. She did not interfere; it was not her business and therefore not hers to play a part in. She was also confident of Anri's abilities. He has survived many a skirmish, look at his lithe body, he and his horse like one, naked blade and steel-shod hoof dancing death over and over again, because that was what it was, a dance...but now was not the time to muse, she berated herself. The soldiers were all fallen now, and scarlet blood stained the dust-hued stones. But Anri and his horse had shed blood as well. Like a shadow herself, she and her mare galloped after him.

Kailey

Kailey heard the sounds of Will's stirring but didn't look over at him. It was when she heard the splash that she looked over in alarm. The water must've been frigid for it was nearing the end of summer, and it was only about midmorning. He had his arms crossed when he came up and turned to her as he slowly lumbered his way out of the water. "Oh, I see you made breakfast. Well," it seemed he hand peeled off his shirt before jumping in, and Kailey blushed some as she realized she'd been entranced by following the length on his arms down across the planes of his stomach.

Will seemed to know this as well as he tugged his shirt on to cover his lightly muscled body. "And a fire too! Well, aren't you somethin'?" His tone suggested that he was trying to ease the tension, but Kailey remained passively quiet, prodding the almost finished meat quietly. She was extremely worried over the fact that he might catch something. Sicken, whither, and die. Though the probabilities were statistically low... They were still possible.

He moved closer to the fire to warm himself while Kailey simply flipped the meat one last time. "Now, I didn't do that for no reason. If I hadn't done that, I wouldn't be as awake and chipper as I am now. And no body wants a half asleep driver." Kailey nodded solemly, gazing at the ground before blurting out with the question that had been burning within her science she'd first found him. "When will you be setting off on your own Will? When shall you have to leave?"

William Jones

That was a painful question. He didn't know the answer. Whenever his feet got cold was the obvious way he'd decide, but he couldn't say that. He cared too much. Kailey was a magnificent woman. She was different in every way, shape and form, but that wasn't enough to stop Will from doing what he did best. He was the best at leaving and continuing on with his life. However, even though that was his job, he wasn't sure he could follow through with it. It felt so wrong even thinking of leaving Kailey behind. Especially, after she had left the Agency. That meant she was hunted and had no where to go. She was just like him now.

Will's eyes darted away from the fire and up to Kailey's face. The firelight danced wildly on her face. It was a burning reminder that he wasn't allowed to ignore this question. That he had to answer no matter what. He groaned inwardly and shifted his body slightly to face her. "Kailey, I need you to understand something. I don't leave because I want to. I start to get this... feeling. I have to leave. And, I-I can't imagine that happening to me any time soon now. You're alone, hunted, and have absolutely no where to go. You and I are like kin now. Perhaps, you'll understand why I leave now," He looked away from her, to the stream. His eyes watched the water dance around a particularly large rock. After a moment, he returned his eyes to her. "I leave to keep those I've come to love safe. They've always been safer without a Graceling in their presence. Just because said Graceling has a heart that they have become accompanied with, that doesn't mean that those hunting will ever stop. I leave to keep them safe."

Kailey

For a few moments, Kailey wasn't sure she'd get an answer. Will had fallen into a strained silence, one Kailey could understand but didn't want to. She sighed quietly to release pent up tension, and waited to see if Will should answer her. His feelings were strained, painful, he seemed unhappy with the question, and she was afraid she'd upset him. Finally his gaze darted up to her face and he turned to face her a bit more, "Kailey, I need you to understand something. I don't leave because I want to. I start to get this... feeling. I have to leave. And, I-I can't imagine that happening to me any time soon now. You're alone, hunted, and have absolutely no where to go. You and I are like kin now. Perhaps, you'll understand why I leave now," his attention left her momentarily as he paused and then flicked back to her. "I leave to keep those I've come to love safe. They've always been safer without a Graceling in their presence. Just because said Graceling has a heart that they have become accompanied with, that doesn't mean that those hunting will ever stop. I leave to keep them safe."

Kailey immediately opposed this, she was a very headstrong young woman, and countered what he'd said with her own ideals, "Why would you leave the one's you love? And expose them to the dangers of the world with nothing but themselves to protect them? And perhaps a Grace. It would make more sense to stay with them, and protect them from harm's way..." Her eyes seemed to glaze over momentarily, and she shook her head before telling Will, "I can see why you leave, but not why you'd leave the one's you care for and love behind. With your Grace you could hide yourself while with them. Nobody but them would know you were there." Kailey frowned, struggling to get out what she wanted to say without offending or hurting Will... "If you leave the one's you love. It becomes a liability. You can't function fully, and neither can they, because each is stuck worrying over the other."

((Bit confused but Ill try to manage))

Darren jumped off the back of the carriage. There were several people walking around and none noticed him, luckily for Darren. Darren had been to a lot of places in the past few days, he had traveled to Envirium and gained access to the castle disguised as a baker. Only to find that Lady Mariee had gone to visit her brother Richard. Darren snuffed a laugh, getting into the castle would be easy. He just had to pretend to be a clothes salesmen or something and Richard would eat it up. He also realized that many of Mairees agents would not be there, which disappointed him. Darren sighed and began walking towards the nearest tailor.

William Jones

It was logic. Utter and cruel logic. The sort of logic that smashed all the excuses he put forth to nothing. He scowled. It hurt to hear it, but he needed to hear it. His eyes shifted from Kailey once more. He was angry at her. Why did she have to make it hard? He tried in vain to convince himself that it wasn't her fault. But, it was. Or, at least it felt like it was. Will had never sat down and talked to anyone about leaving. It was like talking about blinking. He did it so regularly and so easily that it was almost trivial. But, now she was offering a legitimate argument against his reasons for leaving people behind.

His emotions had settled now. He was angry, it was clear no matter how he tried to hide it. Will scowled more deeply, realizing that she could read every swing in his emotions, she'd know he was mad at her and would try and make it right. He didn't want that. He wanted the topic to be left alone, but he couldn't express that in an emotion. "My Grace doesn't exactly leave me open with the choice to stay behind and protect the one's I love. When was the last time being a shadow ever helped you kill? Besides, try as I might, I can't stay hidden long. I can't handle not moving anyhow." He said through gritted teeth. Now it was more than obvious that he was angry, but he still tried to hide it as best as he was able.

Will stood up abruptly. "Finish your food and put out the fire. We'll ride as soon as Umber is saddled and you're ready to move." He said gruffly, spinning away from her. He was seething. In fact, he hoped that she could tell that he was mad. But, it wasn't fair to hope that. If she could feel how mad he truly was, she would act differently. He hated that. Whenever he was angry, people tried to fix it instead of allowing a few hours of reprieve. A few hours for him to realize that he was drastically overreacting. He saddled Umber quickly and gave the horse an apple and a pat on the neck. He did everything he possibly could to avoid looking back at Kailey.

Kailey

Kailey could feel his emotions, so when his guilt turned to anger, it slammed into her like a wall she hadn't seen coming. She wanted to back track, to take it all back. Yet it was a truth he needed to hear, and even if he couldn't admit that to himself, he knew it was true. She set her jaw but said nothing as he denied everything she'd just said.

He was angry, and her feelings were escalating as well. However, for someone so adept at reading emotions, she was also good at hiding them. Only someone who knew her well could pinpoint the way she demonstrated her anger. It would have been clear to perhaps Will or Lily had either been watching her. Her movements were a bit jerkier than the usual fluid movements that graced her form.

She put a bit more force into her actions, and her eyes were crinkled dangerously at the corner. Kailey continually had to swallow past the angry lump in her throat as she finished her food, not that it mattered. She was too anxious to be on the move. In that way, she could understand Will. Which of course only made her anger escalate as well. Kailey glared at the surrounding area, determindley ignoring Will until he'd admit that she was right.

Anri

Shadow flicked his mane as Anri patted his neck, soothing the stallion absently. He and Shadow had been companions for nearly five years now, ever since the stallion had been born pretty much. It was why they could fight as they did, as if they were one creature and not two. It was why, when he was riding, Anri didn't have to direct the stallion much; it was as if Shadow knew exactly what Anri wanted without any proding from his rider. That was the result after five years; Anri's closest friend was a horse, a stallion, that had never once let him down.

Anri's thoughts, as of now, were on something other than his companion; they were on the sound of hooves trailing behind him. He didn't acknowledge that someone was following him, instead studying the sounds created wtih the help of his Grace. It was a mare, strong and sure, with a rider that was female because a male would have caused the mare to have even deeper steps. Not a danger, but the fact that she was following him let his Grace know what he needed to know. What he didn't know was if the rider was Graced and that was what activated his Grace.

Lightly, he touched Shadow's neck, letting him know that someone was following them without saying a word about it. The stallion shook his mane again, snorting absently.

Senka

She saw Anri make a tiny movement. He knew that he was followed. She decided that it was no point hiding anymore, as suspicions could only lead to anger and finally rash action, while it would've just been resolved by revealing to the person that his or her suspicions were rather harmless. Or at least not bearing initial harmful intentions, she thought. She galloped faster and said, "Why did you come here, Anri?" Her face was blank, and her voice was devoid of emotion, like it usually was. But her voice was not dull and monotone, rather it was almost musical, with the quiet grace that mirrored all her movements. It was also slightly hoarse, but that just added to the character. It was like a wolf's voice, many people said. People also said she herself was sometimes like a wolf. She pulled her horse, Jyotsna, meaning 'moonlight' in Sanskrit, to slow to match the black stallion of Anri's. She could see that they were very familiar with each other; they were both trained together, she was certain. Should she chance a reading of him?

Edited by Sylverfinger