Merryier12

The Agency

}Kailey{

Kailey peered into the dark in the direction of the man. He was confused, but why? Although admittedly, she was confused too, he had no appearent reason to be. It bothered her though the feeling that this man's feelings were precious. Her body and mind were tuning into his feelings without Kailey's consent. It was odd to say the least. With a frown at this invisible man she noticed a slight change in his mood, almost joking. What was funny about this situation?! He gave a cough and said, "Right. Um, I'm... Ugh, Rina. You know I'm awful at creating fake names. Just... I'm Will. There. Just call me Will instead of William. That'll work." Kailey was positivley perplexed why did... Will insist her name was Rina? Will... Will... There was something about that name that was important. But her fuzzy brain couldn't remember. With her frustration building she took a deep breath and blew it all out through her nose, her face scrunched with anger.

"R-Rina, where are we? I thought maybe the kids threw us in the pantry, but the pantry doesn't have wooden floors." Kailey frowned and crossed her arms, a gesture that weant unnoticed in the darkness of the carrige. "We were nabbed! By other Agents most likely, wait... Are you Graced?" Suddenly tensing she prepared to leap onto Will just in case he was another Agent. Her nerves were on high alert and she kept her position on the floor, not daring to move in case he could see through the dark. She'd met someone like that once, barely got out of there alive. But at the same time, her body rebelled, perfectly calm at at ease around this Will that Kailey had never even seen! Her body and Grace were acting strange, it was entirely new to her.

"Rina, stay still. I have to find my knife. I don't want you to cut yourself. I set it down and..." There was some scuffling and something that sounded like tearing flesh in the dark, somewhere to her right. She heard the scuffling retreat to a corner and listened pensivley to the sound of creaking and snapping wood. At first she shied away from the sudden light, but soon her vision adjusted and she crept forward. Will was whimpering as he pressed a shirt into a wound on his hand. Kailey hated blood, the smell made her naseous, but steeling herself she bent over and ripped a handfull of fine silk from her dress bottom, it was clean and would absorb blood easily. Shooing away his other hand she pressed the clean silk onto his palm, applying steady pressure.

As she did, the light played across her collar bone, but still hid her face in the shadows. Her slender arms were also unveiled, looking even more pale in the moonlight coming through the hole. A single red ringlet hung down in the light as well, the annoying one that she kept tucking behind her ear. As she held the silk to Will's hand she followed the lines and curves of it with her eyes, finding something so facisnating about it. She'd seen the hand before, there was no doubt about that. She continued to apply a steady pressure on the wound as her eyes drifted up his arm, to the location of his face, hoping seeing it would clear her addled brain. But she couldn't make it out, dark shadows still cloaked almost all of him.

((if Will/Kailey can't hear you talking, you can't hear them talking. Besides, the wall is thick, don't you think that Kailey would've been screaming for help??? Lol... Yea, so u can't hear them kay? xd.png))

William Jones

Will allowed Rina to help him as he scowled at his weakness. Rina shouldn't have to see him like this. It was embarrassing. The young man leaned forward into the light to see her face, just wanting things to be normal. Her hair was red. That was wrong. Perhaps she had gotten it died to keep up with the new fashion. In the light, it was clear to see his thin face. His cheekbones were rather prominent and his jaw was square. He had grizzled brown stubble growing on his jaw and under his nose. His Graced eyes were straining in the darkness. After a few moments of straining to see her familiar face, he heard another voice. It was a man. He wanted to know their Graces. They were in a carriage. Will would have lost it all if not for the soft, calm hands holding his own. What was going on. Will's heart raced and he looked towards the sound of the voice. They had said they could do what he could. Not possible at all. Or, at least, he didn't believe it to be.

Will was developing a monstrous headache, but said nothing about it. For now, he glared in the direction of the voice. "My Grace is more powerful than yours could ever be. The moment you look for me, you'll never see me again, fool." He muttered, not really using it as a threat, but a promise. The moment that door opened, he'd be hiding. And when that happened, he'd be gone from the man's observation. Will leaned forward to where he assumed Rina's ear would be. "Hey, listen. If I escape without you, don't lose hope. I promise I'll come back for you. No matter what. I'll find you and break you out okay?" He squeezed her hand lightly, sealing his whispered promise. The other man would not have been able to hear through the carriage walls and he was glad of that.

(( I think I will be gone for the rest of the week so if you actually need me to post then PM me))

}Kailey{

Kailey finally found his face, he leaned forward, searching through the darkness for her own features it seemed. He had a square chin that was covered in brown stubble, and his cheek bones stood out strongly in his cheeks. He had blonde hair that seemed to gleam in the moonlight. The last thing she found was his eyes. One dark brown the other a light blue. This sparked something in her. A memory from her addled brain, but she'd already seen this one. A rough jaw kissing her fingers at the dance. That couldn't be Will...

Then a voice sounded, calling out to know their Graces. But how would Will react uon hearing hers? He was angry, and frightened, Kailey's grip tightened on his palm, trying to center him. "My Grace is more powerful than yours could ever be. The moment you look for me, you'll never see me again, fool." Kailey smiled at him, light glinting off her teeth to show it. Another snippet of a memory, meeting his eyes and feeling a wonderful warmth spread through her, a heat flush her face. And then she snapped back to the present, Will was leaning by her ear, "Hey, listen. If I escape without you, don't lose hope. I promise I'll come back for you. No matter what. I'll find you and break you out okay?"

Kailey listened intently as he whispered in her ear and then manuevered a bit so that she was in the light. Her hair was shiny and it glistened in the moonlight. Her cheekbones were highly placed, and had a smattering of freckles across them and the bridge of her nose. Her nose was small and pixie like, while her jaw was rounded and tiny. Most of Kailey was tiny. "I'm not letting you get out of here alone." She whispered with a smile, hoping he wouldn't freak out as much as she feared. Her dark green and light purple eyes searched his for signs of a breakdown that she feared might happen. "I can read emotions, I work for Lovissa, and the True Agency." She'd taken a chance at unveiling the last part, she didn't know if this person was friendly to the True Agency or not.

William Jones

Will looked up as she came into view. Her hair was shiny and it glistened in the moonlight. Her cheekbones were highly placed, and had a smattering of freckles across them and the bridge of her nose. Her nose was small and pixie like, while her jaw was rounded and tiny. (I stole your description because it was wonderfully written. xd.png) That wasn't Rina. He had known in the back of his mind that it hadn't been Rina. Her voice was much like his childhood friend's, but there was a different tone. He swallowed back his anger and fear. They were stuck in a wooden box, most likely a carriage. He'd understand everything in no time. Right now he had to escape with this new girl. Her name was Kailey. Why hadn't he listened? Instead he'd made a fool of himself and showed his feelings to another girl.

"T-True Agency. Lady Lovissa..." He muttered, shaking his head as images rushed forward. He saw Rina leaving, she was older than him and had been kicked out sooner. It had been a sad goodbye and he felt the saddness rush over him as he remembered running from Agents. One was brown haired with a braid. She had shot him. Then a party. He had been dancing with a beautiful girl. As he realized these things, he recoiled both physically and mentally. "I-I... I'm sorry about that, Kailey. I-I was confused. Please. Forget all of that. Don't remember what happened, please." He muttered. Now that he was in the right state of mind, he closed his eyes, thinking of a way out. He could wait. But, that would be too hard to get Kailey out too. His only choice was to escape now. He took the knife in his hand,, wiping his blood on his shirt sleeve.

"We have to get out of here. I don't know what's going on or what they want us for, but I'll not let them get you for me." He muttered. Will was well aware that he was a wanted Graceling and realized now that the man had come for him. Standing up, he took his hand from her's gently, but firmly. He walked to the hole and let his fingers drift over the wood. He felt a hinge near where the hole was. "There's a hinge here. I'll see what I can do. I may just be able to break it. If it breaks, we're home free. So long as we jump while this carriage is in motion. If we don't, he might catch on and it would be a brutal and, most likely, deadly run to escape our captor." Will put his knife to the metal and put his weight against it. The metal was strong, however. "I-I'll have to work at it a bit, but I might be able to do this." He muttered.

Anri

Course Anri did his homework, but he had his many reasons for fighting bare handed. "Be my guest...Adelaide." He muttered, shifting his footing slightly while she ripped her own dress. Fighting was more than what some called a dance between two fighters. Yes, watching a fight where it seemed the fighters were dancing was enjoyable at best, but the true point of a fight was to either win or lose with the same amount of honor and dignity as when it started.

Of course, with Agents, the rules changed most every fight. But, though Anri believed in his own Grace, he knew far better than to underestimate another Grace. Cocky? That was one word that rarely descibed him in fights. If anything, he put less faith in himself than he did in his opponent. "My story...I have no story..." Nor did he want a story. He remaind invisible for his own sake, and when he died, he wanted to be forgotten.

}Kailey{

Kailey could feel Will's overwhelming sadness. He really had wanted her to be Rina. Something broke inside her, and the night's memories returned to her in a flash. Blinking rapidly she held back a sudden flood of water. This was absurd for her to react this way... She had already decided that her heart was a fool, as was her body, her brain though, had yet to be posioned by this strange new Graceling who had swept her off her feet in a simple ballroom dance.

"I-I... I'm sorry about that, Kailey. I-I was confused. Please. Forget all of that. Don't remember what happened, please." Kailey smiled at him, and nodded, but doubted she'd ever forget the strange events of the past minutes since she woke. "We have to get out of here. I don't know what's going on or what they want us for, but I'll not let them get you for me." He said it with a determination that made her heart flutter idiotically. Kailey needed to have a stern talking to with her nervous system. This was not a time to be falling for a man. Let alone the wanted Graceling escape artist, William Jones.

He rose and gently removed his hand from hers. She hadn't even noticed that she was still holding it until her hand cooled as it was released. She could roughly see the design of the carrige. Will was at the opposite end, away from her, and Kailey watched as he struggled with his knife and what seemed to be the wall. She could see his back, but nothing more. Her lonliness irritated her, why did Will affect her so?

"There's a hinge here. I'll see what I can do. I may just be able to break it. If it breaks, we're home free. So long as we jump while this carriage is in motion. If we don't, he might catch on and it would be a brutal and, most likely, deadly run to escape our captor. I-I'll have to work at it a bit, but I might be able to do this." Kailey sighed and slumped against the wall, "I'll just be over here, the damsel in distress needing saving," she muttered bitterly. Kailey hated to let others do things for her. Hated for her life to be reliant on someone other than herself. Yet this was what Will was doing to her, after getting one small sip of him, she wanted the whole bottle of wine. She was a fool, she was a fool, she was a fool...

Adelaide Bond

Adelaide smiled, obviously pleased that he knew her name. She liked to think of herself amongst the more well known Agents. It didn't bother her that this fame brought enemies too. She flipped her short hair from her face and viewed her attacker with a careful eye. "If you don't want a story, then why are you here? You'll surely have one when I'm done with you. Why not simply turn tail and run like your friend? Is it because you don't find a girl with a wooden pole frightening?" As she stepped closer, preparing to attack, she found that there were too many sleeping bodies nearby to risk stepping on one. "First, I'd prefer if we moved out fight outside. Richard would prefer it if his guests leave without harm. As would I, but, that doesn't matter much now does it?"

William Jones

Will heard Kailey's voice. She was talking about being a damsel. Scowling, he turned to face her. His anger flared uncharacteristically and he glared at her. "Okay, then. Damsel. Do your worst to this door. Here," He tossed the knife, making sure that it hit the ground before it could hit her. He heard it slide slowly to a stop, glad that it hadn't been intercepted on accident by her. The young man would not be able to forgive himself if he'd hurt her in his short lived anger. "I'll even give you my knife. Get us out of here. I'll sit back and do nothing." He growled.

Now, William wasn't naturally an angry person. To truly understand his anger, you had to look back at the past few days. He was hungry, tired, hurting both physically and mentally, and now the woman he was trying to help was being grumpy with him. For most people, they would have snapped long before. Will was made of stronger stuff, but not strong enough to keep his cool where he needed to. His anger faded quickly and now he looked back at the hole. Freedom was so close, yet so far. He slammed his fist against the wall, angry at himself now. He hissed and placed his head against the wall, closing his eyes and forcing himself to think clearly. They were stuck in a carriage with thick wooden walls. How could they escape?

}Kailey{

Kailey was sitting against the wall, head rolled to the side. As soon as her words and actions were completed, she immidiatley guilt tripped. She was about to apologize when Will's temper flared angrily. "Okay, then. Damsel. Do your worst to this door. Here." He tossed the knife towards her, but it fell before it reached her, she could hear the hilt scrape across the floor. "I'll even give you my knife. Get us out of here. I'll sit back and do nothing." Kailey glared at the knife with uncharacteristic anger but she picked it up anyways and stalked over to the door with a huff. She felt along the edges of the door, there was a gap between the floor and the door to allow for air, or else they'd be dead by now from lack of oxygen.

It was frustrating to feel bad about offending him, but also feel the full force of his anger. It was unfair to herself and Will that they were arguing. She could all to easily slip back into the memories of that dance. The dance where Kailey had discovered a new side to herself, one that wasn't afraid to kiss a stranger on a balcony. It had been so long since she'd ever really deemed someone worthy of her time, especially a boy. Here Will was, blowing every rule she'd ever thought she had out of the water.

With a sigh she turned around to face him, "I think that our chances of surviving this would be increased if we worked with one another. I'm sorry for my brief spout of rudeness, I just wanted to help you in some way." With a slight hesitance, she offered Will the handle to his knife? While she held the blade carefully in her own hand.

William Jones

He heard her words and opened his eyes. In the small bit of light available in the carriage, he saw the handle of his knife being offered to him. He took the weapon carefully and looked at the door again. He felt to where the hinge was and wedged the knife into the metal and pressed hard. There was a loud snap, and it took a moment to figure out which had broken, the knife or the hinge. It had been both. The hinge was snapped off of the wood now and his knife was missing the tip of the blade. He cursed and replaced the knife in his boot. He felt down the door, looking for the other hinge. It was there, almost laughing at his inability to break it.

"Well, that's that then, Kailey. We're stuck." He growled. The young man walked to the other corner and began pacing like a caged animal, his mind thinking like one. There had to be a way to escape. Closing his eyes and stopping his frenzied walk, he forced himself to calm down as best as he could. "I can't think of another way out, it may take a while until another bright idea hits me head on. So, why not sit. I've got a whole life story to tell you yet. I think you deserve to know who Rina was at the very least." He shrugged and sat down. His mind drifted thinking of what he'd brought with him. Pleasantly reminded, he reached to his back and pulled his lute up. He always kept it with him. He couldn't trust anyone else with it. He plucked a few strings, tuning it and humming a joyful tune.

"All my life, I've been an admirer of bards. When I left the orphanage, I bought my first lute. Same one I have today, mind you. It's in much better condition now though. But that's how I made money. I traveled around, playing for tips and soon became popular in many inns and taverns across the Kingdoms," He said, plucking the strings to a tune. It didn't have a name, but it was light-hearted and free. As he used to be. "Then the Agencies learned of my Grace. It took quite a while. See, how can you be sure what a person's Grace is unless they show you? But, you can't exactly see my Grace. They only found out when I told of it. Since then, I've been on the run. Agencies use their Agents' Graces for things that are less than admirable. I like to think of myself as at least a little bit honorable." He chuckled.

Anri

I don't want a story because most stories consist of lies. Anri didn't bother answering Adelaide though, no sense in it. Instead he only nodded in agreement, turning and walking out the door. He waited outside, letting his Grace set in. Survival, as it was, was the one Grace he didn't mind having. When he'd thought his Grace had been a Killing one, he'd been near devastated, if that were believable. Once he knew it was Survival, he'd been in a sort of peace. "Ready?" he clenched his hand, turning back to her, eyes still in the shadow of the hood of his cloak.

}Kailey{

Kailey felt relief rush through her as Will accepted his knife. Crouching beside him she watched (or tried to) as he used the knife to gain leverage. There was a loud snap and Kailey worriedly tried to see what had happened. Will cursed and Kailey frowned, the tip of the knife was missing, and the hinge was hanging on its side. He slipped the knife back in his boot and placed his hand on the wall, probably feeling for the other hinge. "Well, that's that then, Kailey. We're stuck."

Kailey was about to protest when he rose up and paced around like some kind of frenzied animal. His feelings were difficult for her to read, even though he wasn't hiding them. The easiest one to read was aggitation, he wanted to escape that was obvious. After that though, his feelings were a mess. He stopped himself midwalk, and his emotions calmed, the whirlwind wasn't bothering her anymore. Though Kailey had a feeling the calm was forced, not a true state of calm.

"I can't think of another way out, it may take a while until another bright idea hits me head on. So, why not sit. I've got a whole life story to tell you yet. I think you deserve to know who Rina was at the very least." Kailey was going to protest, but she held it in, she wanted to know who this Rina was. Maybe a lost wife or lover, she could remember the strange feeling of nostilagia from the earlier she was most likley the source. Angry with herself now that she could feel a spark of jealousy in her emotions she quietly. He pulled out a lute, and plucked a few strings, Kailey smiled, she'd always wished that her Grace was something other than reading emotions. When she was little she used to daydream about playing the fiddle with such speed and Grace that people wouldn't be afraid of her. But Kailey had quickly learned that daydreaming didn't fix anything. It was only a fantasy that would do nothing but make her wish for a life she didn't have.

"All my life, I've been an admirer of bards. When I left the orphanage, I bought my first lute. Same one I have today, mind you. It's in much better condition now though. But that's how I made money. I traveled around, playing for tips and soon became popular in many inns and taverns across the Kingdoms," He told her, starting to play a tune. Kailey wondered if he'd written it in a spur of the moment burst of feeling. Either way, she enjoyed it. It reminded her of her childhood, when she hadn't been an Agent, and her life was her own.

"Then the Agencies learned of my Grace. It took quite a while. See, how can you be sure what a person's Grace is unless they show you? But, you can't exactly see my Grace. They only found out when I told of it. Since then, I've been on the run. Agencies use their Agents' Graces for things that are less than admirable. I like to think of myself as at least a little bit honorable." He chuckled a bit and Kailey frowned. Not all of their jobs were dishonorable.

"You are honorable, I'll give you that. But not all our jobs are dishonorable." Kailey moved a bit closer to Will to examine to lute and smiled. But the smile was quickly replaced by a frown. "Sometimes though, we don't have a choice. We invented the True Agency to give ourselves an option. That was the goal, but sometimes... Sometimes there's nothing you can do. They give you no option. They have total control. I've done so many, so many horrible things. And now, now I might die before I can ever tip the balance between good and bad."

Kailey was horrifed with herself, tears dripped down her face, falling from her chin. This wasn't something she had ever done in front of another person before. Not a soul had ever seen one of these break downs. Sniffling once she shifted her weigt to her left leg, and felt something hard, cold, and strong press against it. Her knife! She had forgotten that on the orders of Loviss she'd had a knife sown into the folds of her dress. Gasping she ripped at the fabric, baring her leg to mid thigh where the knife was. The sliver of skin was milky white in the light of the moon. Grabbing the knife she let out a small victorious cry and scrambled over to the door, searching for the other hinge. Finding it she called Will over quietly, and offered him her knife excitment erasing the sad feelings that just moments ago, had gripped her.

Edited by Merryier12

William Jones

Will had been playing a tune he had picked up on his travels. It was light, happy, and free as were most of his songs. This was about traveling. He often sang this while on the road to a new place. As Kailey called him, he stood up, leaning his lute against the wall carefully. He grinned, pleased that she had found a way out. Just a second ago, she'd hit her own rock bottom. He'd been able to hear the change in her breathing. Crying was hard to hide. Even if you couldn't see the person crying. He walked carefully to where he had heard Kailey's voice. If they snapped the next hinge off now, they'd break the door right off. Perhaps it was better that way. While he thought, he caught himself quietly singing the song. "The road goes ever, ever on. Over rock and under tree, by caves where never sun has shone, by streams that never find the sea." He paused and began humming the tune instead.

Will stepped forwards, closer to Kailey. He took the knife carefully from her now. Weighing it carefully in his hands, he felt the balance. It was a strong blade, stronger than his own. "Kailey, you have to answer a question for me now." He said quietly. The young man's voice was far more serious than he felt. But, he knew it was important to make it clear to her the dangers of leaving early. "Do you think that if we go back, anyone will be there to help us? I'm not at all skilled in weapons. You'd be on your own if it came down to a fight. I'd be more of a dead weight to you than a great aid. I-If it came down to a fight, I may have to take my leave. Believe me, you, I don't want to. But, if I stay there, you would have to worry about protecting me and yourself. I won't have that."

Adelaide Bond

Adelaide grinned as the man led the way outside. Surely there would be guards who would see the battle and come. she was well known at the castle, and they'd recognize her immediately. She wasn't keen on fighting with only a wooden pole, but she certainly could do it. "I'm not sure I can kill you with this. But, you'll be wounded desperately if you don't find yourself a weapon. I may be an Agent and I may be a lady, but I know standard combat niceties. I won't fight you with a weapon if you won't fight with a weapon." She said calmly. She had seen more than her fair share of hand-to-hand fights. She could certainly hold her own, likely even win the battle. Of course, she was sure she would anyhow.

}Kailey{

Kailey listened as Will came over, he was singing something but Kailey couldn't identify what song it might have been. He seemed to realize that he was singing aloud though and switched to humming. His singing voice was much better than hers she decided almost subconciously, then berrated herself for noticing. Why did Will affect her like this, it wasn't fair.

He took the knife from her hand and was quiet for a minute. He finally broke the silence, "Kailey, you have to answer a question for me now." His voice was quiet, but grave. And Kailey nodded, but then realized of course he couldn't see her. She was about to voice her consent when he spoke again.

"Do you think that if we go back, anyone will be there to help us? I'm not at all skilled in weapons. You'd be on your own if it came down to a fight. I'd be more of a dead weight to you than a great aid. I-If it came down to a fight, I may have to take my leave. Believe me, you, I don't want to. But, if I stay there, you would have to worry about protecting me and yourself. I won't have that." Kailey sighed internally, why must the things she cared for leave? She had only cared for three things in her life, a small puppy that ran away, a young fiddler that passed through Lovissa's court, and now Will. Of course he had to leave her, too. It was her own karma working against her for the wrongs she'd committed.

Still, she wasn't letting her karma take something else she cared for without a fight. She fell still, her breathing was slow and steady as she broadcasted her sense of feelings around them, she came in contact with four beings. One was a sluggish but very angry Lily, Kailey shuddered at that but pushed on. The next she assumed was their captor, from the way he radiated a smug feeling. The other two were fighting, or were about to... One was very cocky and full of themselves radiating a confidence that could end up getting themself hurt. The last was a very unconfident person, but not afraid of the person they were facing.

Returning to Will she opened her eyes and whispered, "Lily's out there... And she's angry. Very ang-" Kailey was cutoff as she was jostled to the side when the carrige started moving. Her eyes widened and she scrambled to the hole in the wall. Pressing her green eye to the hole, Kailey watched with dismay as the carrige started to leave King Richard's castle behind. Kailey cursed under her breath and turned to Will, the moonlight casting strange shadows across her face. The carrige was managing to hit almost every nick in the ground, causing Kailey's voice to vibrate somewhat as she said, "We need to get out now, we can hide in the marsh if we need to, or get a ride to Lovissa's Kingdom and hide out in the woods."

Anri

Anri thought a moment, his hand to hand combat skill were just as good as his others, mostly because his Grace was survival, but still. It came down to knowledge in the end. He cast his eyes about, spying a pole holding up a small tree. Not as sturdy as Lily's, but sturdy enough for him. He walked the short distance to the tree, yanking the pole free of the soil and twisting it expertly in his hand.

He turned back to her, shifting his cloak slightly and standing in a half stance. He didn't worry to much about the outcome of this fight. His job was to keep her, and whatever guards came to help her, busy. And that's what he'd do.

Edited by Songbreeze2012

William Jones

Will was caught off guard by the sudden movement. He fell on his back and felt the air gush from his lungs. The young man had always hated losing his breath. It was the worst way to be immobilized. Now, he lay there, feeling the movement of the carriage, willing Kailey to chose between him and death. The marshes were a dangerous place to be and Will knew that much. He certainly wouldn't risk going in there alone, but what with both himself and Kailey in restricting clothing, it was almost a death wish. He gasped for breath, relishing the time he could spend doing nothing rather than leaving. After what had felt like hours, Will had regained control of his breath. The young man sat up and ran a hand through his short hair. One way or another, they'd end up separated. It was better to be separated by will than by force. Couldn't she see that?

Standing up shakily, Will put his hand out to catch himself. He fell heavily against the door and looked at Kailey's hauntingly beautiful face. A face that would haunt his dreams and thoughts as yet another one he turned away. He bit his cheek, feeling remorse rise up to choke him once more. But, she could feel his feelings. He quickly squashed down the feeling, replacing it with the happiness he had felt only a moment ago as best as he could. Try as he might, he could see no other alternative. Will pressed the knife to the door hinge and heaved his weight against it. As he struggled, he decided to reveal his plan to her. Will looked at Kailey now, his emotions jumbled up from the start now radiated a strange resolve.

"Kailey. When we jump out of this carriage, I'm leaving you. If I survive, I'll make sure to send you message of some kind, but at this point, we must separate. I had a wonderful night. And," He grunted, still struggling with the hinge in the small bit of light that was sneaking through the hole he'd created. "I'll remember you for the rest of my life, I know it. But, we have to leave each other. You have to be back to the True Agency. And... And I have to be able to make sure you escape to return to the True Agency. You can cry and try to stop me, but I've made up my mind. This is what is going to happen, and I suggest you get to liking it before this door finally gives in."

Will knew the door would give in. He was now faking the struggle to open it. It was almost there. All he had to do was press his weight against it again. Obviously, he wanted to cherish the few moments they had together more thoroughly. His heart raced at the thought of escape, and yet it mourned the loss of Kailey. You'll see her again, just you watch. She'll be back and there won't be anyone trying to kidnap you then. He told himself firmly. And yet, it was still crucial that he was able to be with her these few second he'd afforded. He squeezed his eyes shut, forcing away the emotions that he could, tucking them away for another time. A safer time when they couldn't make him choose death before life. Emotions were funny like that. Now, he was numb. He could feel the lingering hatred of the carriage driver, the sadness of leaving, but that was all. Only traces of the feelings of which he had felt so strongly about only seconds ago.

Adelaide Bond

Adelaide watched with mild amusement as the other man pulled a pole from the ground. It was flimsy compared to the pole she held in her own hands. Tempted as she was to simply ask him to use a different weapon, she saw the carriage was moving now. Her face hardened for a moment, angry hat having been tricked. A moment later, however, she grinned. She respected him for that. Leaning over, she picked up a fist sized rock. "I don't know what your Grace is, but I give you two choices. Choice number one. You tell me where that carriage is headed and we both go our separate ways, assuming that you're not going back to the carriage too because then we can both go the same way. And, choice number two. You don't tell me and this rock hits you in a less than pleasurable place and I get a head start down the hill towards that carriage."

Adelaide grinned. She didn't plan on giving him long to mull over the idea, and was already planning on simply choosing choice number two for him. It would be faster for her. Now, she looked at the carriage. The door appeared to be hanging precariously. It was the perfect place for her to enter. Why would someone so thorough (knocking out a whole party and leaving behind a distraction) mess up at the last leg of the journey? That only meant one thing. Her prey was awake and angry. Either that or escaping. Unfortunately, neither of the two were pleasant for her. They both meant hunting and fighting. Fighting, she could do gladly. But, when it came down to hunting a Graceling with a stealth Grace, she decided she'd let him go. He'd head into the marsh and she'd never see him again. No, she wouldn't hunt him. So, that left only one option. She had to get there before he escaped.

((Sorry for double post. I forgot to add Adelaide's response in earlier. and for some reason it didn't let me have her full response in it, so I did a new post.))

Edited by Kokay

}Kailey{

Kailey could hardly see Will, but she knew where to look, and could see the outline of him as he ran a hand through his hair. He was handsome, and a gentleman... Of course he'd have to leave no one was ever that good to you and was able to stay in your life. Or at least, not in Kailey's life. Her eyes bore her pain but nothing else as she tracked hin through the dark. It was going to be with her for the rest of her life this night, Kailey could tell.

She watched with a quiet observing eye, wanting to memorize every striking detail about him so that if they did end up seperated, she could recall from memory the rise and fall of his chest as he breathed. So that she could recal the way he held her gaze and managed to flush her with heat as he did. He seemed so- she was interrupted from hert houghts by a sudden swell ij Will's emotions. A huge bout of remorse overrode the other feelings, but he fought it down, replacing it (not very well) with his earlier light attitude.

"Kailey. When we jump out of this carriage, I'm leaving you. If I survive, I'll make sure to send you message of some kind, but at this point, we must separate. I had a wonderful night. And, I'll remember you for the rest of my life, I know it. But, we have to leave each other. You have to be back to the True Agency. And... And I have to be able to make sure you escape to return to the True Agency. You can cry and try to stop me, but I've made up my mind. This is what is going to happen, and I suggest you get to liking it before this door finally gives in."

Kailey swallowed, but her mouth was too dry for it to really help. She had known this was coming, it had always been coming, she just hadn't known it would hurt this much. It was worse than the puppy, and the fiddler, probably both of hem combined. The impact his words had on her were like a well placed blow to her stomach. The wind was knocked out of her, she had nothing to say. I deserve this. Will deserves someone much better than I am. I've done too many wrong things to deserve him. Never in a million years could I deserve him. With a sigh she strained her eyes in the dark to see his. She just wanted to see them one more time, just wanted to memorize his features. She got up and walked over to him, her eyes adjusting to the light, reaching out to touch his jaw sadly. The rubbed his the side off it one wih her thumb, the stubble stratchy, but smooth. With a small sad smile she dropped her hand and heaved all her weight onto the door, it was weak, to weak for Will to have to struggle with it. Not that Kailey would complain. With one small shove, the door gave a loud creak and snapped off it's hinges. Her knife was catapulted somewhere to the side of the road and Kailey herself fell out of the carrige.

She landed on her side, wincing, but she kept rolling, which lessened the blow. She came to a stop and didn't look back to see if Will was gone or not. He was leaving, he'd made only the promise of a letter, nothing more. With a sad sigh she picked herself up and took in her amusing sight, she was coated in a layer or dust. Not that it mattered at all, but she was hlad that she and Will had parted ways, she would have hated for him to have seen her like this. She was clearly visible in the moonlight on the road which ment Will- she stopped herself. He had left for a reason, it was time for her to do the same. He was rigt, the True Agency needed her, and Lovissa would be worried. It was time for the Agent to make her leave.

William Jones

Kailey said nothing. Her lack of response hurt more than having to say good bye. It was painful and tore at his insides like a jagged knife. Her weight against the door finally pushed the hinge past its limit. The door snapped free from the hinge and Will watched the knife fly out of his hands. Kailey fell out of the carriage and rolled in the dust. He saw her stand up, covered in dust. Her figure was clear in the moonlight. He watched, holding on to the inside of the carriage until her figure disappeared in the night. He was still in Richard's domain. Walking back in the carriage, Will looked for his fallen lute. He picked up the instrument with a certain gentleness. His careful eyes quickly glanced over it, seeing only a scratch in the wood. Buffing it would be simple.

He sighed. It would be a long, dreary existence until he found a way to get in contact with Kailey again. "There are other girls out there, Will. Maybe when you can hide your Grace better. Maybe when you're less noticeable." He muttered to himself, looking away from the spot where he'd last seen Kailey. Dwelling on it wouldn't help anyone. He now braced himself for the jump. Jumping, he tucked and rolled as best as he could. The blow was still glancing and even after he had stopped moving, the young man stayed still. He winced and sat up. He was on farm land. The young man stood up and looked first after the carriage, then to where he'd left Kailey, and finally back to the marshes nearby. He'd go there and hide for a while. When everything had blown over, he'd return to Lovissa's kingdom. Perhaps he'd see Kailey once more.

Yalio

The kitchens were hectic, people running around, cooking, cleaning, and shouting for who knew how long since the order from Sir Richard came by the words of an Agent. Yalio lost track of time, first peeling potatoes, then pushed off to gather and clean dishes, to stir something that the bubbles burst and splattered onto his arms before being jostled back to the corner to pare potatoes until he had to get those and carry them to another boiling pot, wash more dishes, chop some carrots and after that went to complete several other tasks that were thrown at him. Eventually, however, Yalio was pushed out of the back kitchen door, open to let in some fresh air and told to stay out of the way. He didn't mind, though he wished that they literally shoved him out.

Heaving a heavy sigh, Yalio settled himself down in a chair by the kitchen door, looking around. There wasn't much to see, for vines overgrew much of what was nearby. Picking a leaf from one of the overgrown vines, he twirled it around quietly between two fingers, listening to the commotion in the kitchens behind him. It sounded like most of the food had been already prepared and cleaning up was in progress. No one came to order him around, so he was glad he had time to cool his anger from being pushed about. Crushing the leaf in his hand, Yalio let the crumbles fall to the damp earth, his eyes turning to watch a beetle crawl about on the vines beside him. He'd rather be out here all day peeling potatoes than inside, it was much more peaceful out of the kitchens. Yet, that was where he was told to peel potatoes; he couldn't do anything about that.

Yalio snapped out of his thoughts when someone came to the door, barking at him to get up and clean dishes. Nodding quietly, the albino rose to his feet, disappearing back into the kitchen and was at the basin, scrubbing at some burnt-on food from a pan, trying to get the water to soak it at the same time. All the while he was gritting his teeth, swallowing words that would get him thrown out of the castle entirely. He couldn't complain, couldn't argue; this was the only job he could find after years of searching, and he couldn't afford to snap at some of the women muttering about him a few feet behind him as they dried off the clean dishes. If he lost this job, he may never find another one. He couldn't take the risk.

((had to post something... *shrug*))

((sorry, the first days of school have been... hectic. I also might be posting much less in the future because of school.))

Senka had seen the first signs of the sleeping gas, and mentally cursed Blade. She exited the castle by a window, dropping lightly down onto the grass below. The first thing she noticed was the Agent Adelaide, armed with a stout pole, about to fight with her two of her fellow Agents. Disinterested, confident that it would not bother her nor anyone else whom she associated with except those two, she turned her gaze around - and spotted the carriage starting off. Swearing in a totally unladylike way in a sudden explosive burst, she ripped off her dress and changed to her unrestricted supple clothes that she had stashed next to the castle walls. She slapped on her heavy saber to her hip and took off after the carriage, running and breathing in quick, fluid bursts, as she guessed that she would be doing a lot of heavy chasing. She was trained for endurance.

She spotted a movement of the door as the occupants clearly tried to escape. The door, now hanging precariously by one hinge, was now wobbling gently as the other was being pried off the stout wooden door. She immediately changed her gait to an easy lope, finally dropping into a clump of tall vegetation growing profusely slightly ahead of the running carriage. She watched as the Agent Kailey tumbled out of it into the dirt, door now completely off, and then the William Jones, the long sought-after Graceling, jump out as well. She decided to quickly make a reading of the two. It would not be so hard to concentrate on, as there weren't so many people around. She didn't close her eyes this time, she just simply took a steady breath and then a quicker intake, and brought her mind into her mind reading state. She could read both of theirs at the same time, there were only one or two people in the carriage which was steadily trundling away. Widening her eyes slightly at the sudden emotional connection between them, a thin, wispy, fragile-looking red-orange line connecting their thought threads, she filed the information for later usage and focused on the thoughts themselves.

It was Will in Kailey's thoughts, and Kailey in Will's. Kailey was feeling wistful about parting with him, but Will was virtually reprimanding himself for taking an interest in Kailey. There are other girls out there, Will. Maybe when you can hide your Grace better. Maybe when you're less noticeable. His mind wasn't the same as it had been in the ballroom. In there it had been orderly and had a sense of happy-go-lucky about it. Of course, there had been the slight change owing to his Grace. But now it was disorderly and confused and, she realized, honest. She had a sudden impulse and, for the first time, followed it immediately. Entering Will's mind, her mental image changed to a more closer, detailed view of his whole mind, his memories and many layers of emotion and sub-thoughts. She discarded all of these. Picturing a thought thread in her own mind. Slowly feeding it into his.

Will. She beckoned to him in her thread thought. Don't be alarmed, I'm not going to harm you. She created a sense of soothing, belonging, and tried to attach it to her words. I won't tell you who I am, for now, so don't ask. But I am a friend. You can call me Socorro, however. I want to tell you this. Go to the True Agency, Will. Bring our kingdom together and make peace, alongside them. But stay as a commoner. There will be a woman from Charles who will seek you for him and she is not easy to evade and will try to enlist you, bring you against your own heart and tempt you with the things you hold most dear, but do not succumb to her. Follow your dreams but keep a level head, and do not let your heart overcome your soul. But, most importantly, keep close to the border of Sir Charle's castle, in the large forest clearing, two months later from this exact date, one hour after the closing of the gate. Someone will meet you there. She drew back from his mind gently, surprised by herself. Satisfied by how things had turned out, she stole away into the night, back to the castle and Adelaide and her fellow Agents.

}Kailey{

Kailey had already split the annoying dress to midthigh to earlier bare her knife, so when walking restriction wasn't the problem. It was the cursed heels that teetered her along at a feeble pace until Kailey angrily chucked them to the side of the road. Unhindered by them she started to run towards Richard's castle. If Kailey had read Lily's emotions right, she had a feeling when Lily might've been going. One, the arranged meeting place for the True Agency, or to a fight. While the latter would make sense usually concerning Lily, it didn't make sense that she would directly disobey an order. Kailey had firmly told her that no matter what, everyone was to attend this meeting.

Now, Kailey ducked a bit as she ran, as she was clearly visible from the castle and across the pond. She ran along the bank untill she reached the bridge. She ducked down and then straightened once she was on the bank underneatb. Almost everyone was there, except for Lily. Kailey knocked three times on the mood of the bridge and a few seconds later the answering set of taps came. Kailey counted them pensivley 'all is well, but hurry up' five taps in all.

She faced the Agents and Barkeepers, Tavern and Innkeepers. Laundrymaids, kitchen workers, she was pleased with the turnout. It was almost everyone she wanted to see. Swallowing her feelings for a more private time, Kailey avoided the groups eyes. Of course they didn't make her uncomfortable... They just reminded her so much of W- Kailey forcably stopped that thought and tucked the curl of hair behind her ear again.