Merryier12

The Agency

William Jones

William felt the shift in the crowd. Even in a party, Agents were still avoided. As best as they could anyhow. Whether or not they looked pretty or handsome. Now that was his cue to move. William wasn't a particularly stupid man, but he knew what he'd just done was absolutely questionable. And yet, he justified it with thoughts of how it would be rude to simply run and never say why. And so, the young man sifted through the crowd with stunning grace. One could even call him handsome if they looked past his thin body structure. But, Will had never cared too much for romance. It only made it harder to leave when you had to. And, when you were Graced, you always had to leave. Especially if you were avoiding the Agencies and doing stupid things like giving a particularly dangerous Agent a note. And yet, it was the feeling of intense fear that he was after. Otherwise he would not have done that. He was playing with her. She'd never find him now. He had the upper hand. This atmosphere was confusing on it's own.

The young man with a hood over his head moved through the crowd. The Agency would never get their grimy hands on him while he was still alive. And, it appeared he was. So, the young man looked around for a nice place to sit back and wait. He felt fear and excitement rising up in his chest and smothered them quickly. Keep your mind on the problems at hand. He ordered himself as he walked, finding himself near a wall with a decorative window nearby. While he respected and liked the arts, William didn't have any time to worry about upsetting others. He would use the window as an escape route if things got too dangerous. He had gathered a bit of information on the Agent he'd been faced with the other day. Her name was Lily and she worked for Mariee. In fact, he'd been incredibly lucky to escape her alive. A Killing Grace was rare indeed, but even more so dangerous than it was rare. He'd have to keep himself out of her sight. If she couldn't see him, she couldn't hurt him. And, unfortunately for her, his Grace would make hiding from her all too easy.

((I would think that as he starts to focus more on his Grace, his mental traces would be harder and harder to focus on. Like... I don't know. When trying to read his emotions you'd start reading everyone else's on accident. When trying to read his mind, you'd start reading strange or random things like memories of his cat or something. xd.png))

}Kailey{

Kailey was becoming frustrated, concentrating on Will's feelings was becoming harder. In frustration she searched through the crowd, hoping to get a better read by focusing on him. But each time she reconnected with his feelings, she slipped back into the crowd's feelings. At first she assumed it was because of the crowd but the more she thought about it, the more certain she became that it was Will's Grace. Utterly frustrated she decided on a more practical approach. She could still feel a whisper of his feelings, so she let herself flow naturally towards them. Stopping when she lost feel of them. It was like trying to hold smoke with her bare hands.

Acting as though she had stopped to speak with an old friend she searched the crowd for Will's feelings again. Once she found them she let herself be swept up in the crowd again. Stopping once she lost feel of them she quietly chatted with a contact from the True Agency. And so on. Finally she came to a point where she could no longer feel his feelings, just the barest rub of her conciousness and his, this was a new feeling for her as no one had ever shielded her Grace before and the wall of the Grace was virtually impenetrable. Glancing around she saw nothing, the closest thing was a glass window that Kailey found rather unnapealing. With a sigh she focused on something near the window. But gave up as it was hurting her eyes, still instinct told her something was there.

Lily spotted her and headed over, Kailey shrank from the force of her feelings. Lily had always been a very physical being, her emotions often stood out from the crowd like a twitching tiger within a field full of mice. Lily scanned the room with a sharp eye and Kailey was perplexed by the annoyance that filled her being. What scared Kailey the most though was her impatience, Will was in for it if she so much as saw a strand of his hair. "Do you know where he is or not?" Kailey shook her head mutely, hoping Lily wouldn't be as mad as she feared. The Lady Killer glared around the room for a moment before returning her thoughts to Kailey. "Yes, well, perhaps I should write him a cursed note as well, and use a knife to put it in his hand. Oh wait, I can't do that because we need him for the blasted True Agency!" Kailey shushed her but Lily waved it off. "You can't talk about it like that in public Lily! You'll blow the whole operation and we'll be stuck serving the Kings and Queens for the rest of our lives!" Kailey hissed in anger. Lily frowned, "I know, sorry... Don't worry, from now on, I won't breathe a word." And with that she fell silent.

((Will is in earshot of this btw wink.gif))

((well anyways each person is unique, so everyone's different thread of thought, aka the mind, is different. It looks different too. Will's has a hint of yellow, brown and black. The yellow is his personality, the black is his Grace, and the brown... well, I don't know what it is exactly, but it's supposed to be related to something about him. So even if he's thinking about a cute little white kitten, undoubtedly, it would take a slight orange pallor, but it will still be recognizably him. So unless he's had a major personality change, Senka can still recognize him.))

William Jones

William knew it was time to start moving again. He could see her now. It was Lily. He heard them, but their voices were garbled with the crowd's. He moved closer, more carefully. Now he could hear. "... blasted True Agency!" that peaked his interest. What was the difference between the True Agency and the Agencies? Why had the other girl gotten upset when it was brought up. For once in a long time, Will actually decided against the stealthy approach. He knew it was dangerous, but he needed to know more. Something told him that his contacts wouldn't know anything more than him about this True Agency. And so, in an act of both goodwill and absolute bravery, he stepped out of the crowd towards the tow women.

He raised an eyebrow at new girl and smiled warmly. One hand outstretched to her, he pushed back his hood to reveal his blonde hair. "I heard you two might be looking for me. Now, I've allowed you," Will's eyes drifted to Lily now. "Beautiful women," He looked back at the new girl now. "To find me. But, that is under total truce. I won't leave this party until the last man or woman does on the condition," He now looked pointedly back at Lily. "Neither of you tries to take me in or hurt me in any way. If I get the slightest inkling that you'll be out for me, I'll be gone faster than ever. I don't like playing when I can be seen, but we're both making a compromise here. Play fair." He smiled and looked at the other girl. "If our dearest Agent here hasn't told you already, my name is William Jones. Could I have this dance?" He asked, looking sideways at the opening in the crowd. The music was perfect for a traditional dance. It wasn't too close, nor too far away. He'd get what he wanted and then hide in the crowd once more.

}Kailey{

Kailey watched Lily carefully, her silence spoke much more than words. It was something to hear her anger, but quite another to feel it. Kailey wasn't going to disrupt her self-induced silence, but it seemed someone else was. Will! His feelings were open for her to read now, and she was only half listening as he said, "I heard you two might be looking for me. Now, I've allowed you," Will's gaze drifted from her to Lily as he said, "beautiful women," this caused Lily to bristle with annoyance and Kailey almost snorted with amusement. "To find me. But, that is under total truce. I won't leave this party until the last man or woman does on the condition," his eyes slid back to Lily at this, Kailey wasn't surprised. "Neither of you tries to take me in or hurt me in any way. If I get the slightest inkling that you'll be out for me, I'll be gone faster than ever. I don't like playing when I can be seen, but we're both making a compromise here. Play fair." At this, Kailey couldn't contain it. He expected Lily to 'play fair'? Had he ever heard the stories? It would be an accomplishment not to have heard them! With a sigh she let him continue, his funeral after all. He turned back to her then and Kailey studied him both mentally and physically. He was blonde, skinny, but rather handsome once you were past that. "If our dearest Agent here hasn't told you already, my name is William Jones. Could I have this dance?" He gave himself away to ask her to dance? Kailey was officially shocked. Was he out of his mind?! With a demure smile Kailey offered him her hand, "Of course." His feelings (unlike his words) made perfect sense. He was trying to use her for something, as indicated by his urge to run and his smugness at getting away with this. There was also an irritating sense of cockiness within him, Kailey took back her earlier statement, he deserved that knife to his hand. Kailey could feel Lily warring within herself, to betray the truce or stick by it. Kailey had no comment for her. Only that she wanted her to make up her mind quickly.

William Jones

William could sense Lily's angst. It was frightening to him. As he led his dance to teh opened area, he smiled as winningly as he could. She was beautiful, as he had said before. "Please believe me, I'm not only here for information. While I may be a genuinely solitary person, I do enjoy the presence of a lady." He said as the dance began. It was flowing, like a good waltz. Their hands would change to another person's partner only once during the dance. Will's eyes sparkled as he spun, watching her. What he had said was true. He wouldn't have come to the party simply for the fear. No, he had missed his chance to talk with people when the Agent had crashed his last gig. Now he had been alone for a few days and it was quite drear. Though his Grace would lead most to believe that he liked to be alone, he didn't. A crowd was almost intoxicatingly enticing. It meant people. People who didn't have time to see his eyes or think he was Graced. It was freedom in the truest of forms, excepting only the presence of another who knew what you were, but didn't care.

Will closed his eyes, trying to remember the last time he had seen their color. It had been years since he'd looked at his eyes, hating them for his misfortune. One was dark brown and another pale blue. Polar opposites. Like his Grace and his longing for human companionship. Will felt a bit of nostalgia come on, remembering the days in the orphanage when he had a friend. They'd parted, but he still missed her. This girl he was dancing with reminded him of her. And, perhaps for one second, Will felt at ease. Then, he reminded himself she was most likely an Agent. "Could I have the pleasure of knowing the name of m'lady?" He asked quietly, giving her the choice to keep her name to herself or not. It was simple. He wouldn't want to give away his names in most circumstances (this one barred all others he had experienced, besides this girl probably knew his name already) so he didn't expect her to want to.

((Only one Will. It's mine. ND's is Yalio. Y'all have to fight over Will! >:D))

Edited by Kokay

}Kailey{

"Please believe me, I'm not only here for information. While I may be a genuinely solitary person, I do enjoy the presence of a lady." Kailey smiled but didn't entirley believe him. Although she blushed a bit as she could feel his emotions. Though Kailey was used to it, his emotions were different, he could take them away, so Kailey felt more drawn to pay attention to them. For someone so solitary, Kailey was pleasently surprised that Will could dance. Quite well, too. As they danced, her auburn curls bounced around her head in time with her movements. Her eyes which were quite strange with one a dark green and the other a light purple met Will's. His dark brown and pale blue seemed to sparkle with what Kailey could feel was excitement. He loved crowds, and people. Kailey smiled, so he wasn't here just for information. No, he sought thrill. It made sense, he liked to use his Grace, though Kailey hoped he wasn't drunk on his power.

A strange sense of nostilogia touched his feelings as he watched her spin and twirl in the midst of dancing people. He missed someone, but of course Lily didn't know who. Perhaps a lost wife or child, but he didn't seem the type to be as tied down as that would make him. So a friend? Or a lover? Kailey couldn't tell. But when he asked, "Could I have the pleasure of knowing the name of m'lady?" Kailey frowned, unsure of how to proceed. She did after all kniw Will's name. Wasn't it fair that he should know hers? But he might not speak to her again if she did. Thinking it over for a moment, Kailey decided on the truth. "Kailey, I don't know my surname, as I haven't a clue who my parents are, but I work for Lady Lovissa. Please! Before you react, we are under truce remember? I do not wish to recruit you, except perhaps for the True Agency... But please do not fear loss of your freedom. I shall not turn you in, and may I just say that Lily will probably have your hide if you do anything other than dance. I'm sorry, that's my Grace, I can read emotions." Kailey gave a weak smile hoping he wouldn't be too angry.

William Jones

Will felt himself mentally cringe, but kept a steely smile. So, she was an Agent. He had known, with almost utmost certainty, that she was an Agent. The fact that she truly was only hardened his feelings about her. A friend maybe, but nothing more. He felt himself noticing small details about her. The way her hair moved, the color of her eyes, her sure footing even in such demanding attire. It was attractive. Will swallowed and turned his eyes away as the dance required them to come close together. He didn't, however turn anything but his eyes from her. If anything, his loose grip had tightened minutely. She thought that he'd try something. Never. Too much was at risk. "Kailey. It's a pretty name. No surname should have to follow. Perhaps, I could say, you are lucky?" He asked as they separated. "I was orphaned when I was young. I don't know how young, but they had trouble keeping their little Graceling alive," A smile danced across his lips. "They were kind, but I never had a true family. All they would tell me was my surname and that my parents were not from where I was."

William felt the music changing. The dance was soon to be over. It was no longer time for life stories, now it was time for information. He looked into her eyes once more, searching for the answers he needed. "What is the True Agency, Kailey? I won't have this nonsense of Agents following me around to recruit me for something I know nothing about. What do True Agents do? Far more difficult tasks? Killing Kings and Queens? While I may have the perfect Grace to do any of that, I'd rather not have to choose against it. I'm a bit of a pacifist and, when it comes to fighting, I prefer to keep my head low and my voice even lower." His eyes drifted to Lily's form. She was beautiful too, but there was some dangerous quality about her. Like a prowling tiger. Not someone he felt the need to get in the habit of trusting too closely.

}Kailey{

Kailey felt the sudden withdrawl of his feelings, as though he had made a decision to feel a certain way. Yet, she could still feel him noticing minute things about her. She didn't know what, but it was appealing to him. She could also feel his determination not to feel that way. Kailey herself couldn't help but notice small things about him as well. His eyes kept drawing her in though, his gaze was as uneven as her own and he was not afraid to meet it. Just the thrill of looking him in the eye made her smile.

But there was also the way his hands were there to catch her at every turn, and lift her at times as well. The way a small smile would tug at the corner's of his mouth, and his tall lean form were both attractive to Kailey. His form while others might declare him too thin, Kailey found pleasing. It reminded her of a lynx, as did many other qualities about him. When her eyes returned to his, he looked away, his feelings hard to read as turmoiled as they were becoming. They were in a closer position now, and though nothing but his eyes turned from her, Kailey couldn't help but wonder if she had caused that. Where his eyes lacked though, his grip tightened and Kailey shoved any stray thoughts from her mind, focusing on the dance. The beat, the rythym. As they drew apart again he said, "Kailey. It's a pretty name. No surname should have to follow. Perhaps, I could say, you are lucky?"

Kailey smiled, grateful for the compliment though not convinced, "Perhaps..." She allowed with a small smile. He appearently had a story of his own to tell for he said, "I was orphaned when I was young. I don't know how young, but they had trouble keeping their little Graceling alive," A smile danced across Will's lips, and then he continued. "They were kind, but I never had a true family. All they would tell me was my surname and that my parents were not from where I was." Kailey nodded once, thinking of her own knowledge of her parentage which was... Nothing. She knew absolutley nothing.

Her thoughts stopped as he locked eyes with her once more, a desire to get answers as his eyes searched hers burned through. Kailey decided that this was what she liked most about him. Then he asked, "What is the True Agency, Kailey? I won't have this nonsense of Agents following me around to recruit me for something I know nothing about. What do True Agents do? Far more difficult tasks? Killing Kings and Queens? While I may have the perfect Grace to do any of that, I'd rather not have to choose against it. I'm a bit of a pacifist and, when it comes to fighting, I prefer to keep my head low and my voice even lower." Kailey resisted the urge to curse, and frowned. She was ridiculous, all he wanted was information. He knew of her power and was faking the other emotions. Of course all he cared about was the True Agency, not her. Oh Kailey, you are a fool! She scolded herself.

"The True Agency? Ah, well... The rumors about rebelling Agents? They're true. Sure, we do our jobs, but we undermine each others and our own as well. We also stop raids and the like. We won't kill the Kings or Queens... We simply fight against their foolishness." Her eyes were steel, though her voice soft and gentle. She could read emotions, she knew how to hide them. She had gone fron a silent happy to a mute nothing. Her face was void of emotion except for the betraying blush that had crept up her neck and flushed her cheeks, making her smattering of freckles all the more prominent.

William Jones

William felt strange. He didn't know how to react to such news. The True Agency was not yet another act of atrocity against the people, but a lash of rebuke to the folly of the Royals. At first, he was elated. Finally, someone to stand up for the man who couldn't stand for himself. His second thought, however, was one reserved and careful. No doubt now that he knew what the True Agency was explained to him, he'd be expected to sign away his life. Will tensed. Perhaps he had promised too much to the girls. If he didn't have time to flee, he would certainly be caught. His heart raced. He was cornered. And, he forced back his fear, closing his eyes tightly. She knew what he felt. She might as well be able to read his mind.

Will's emotions flipped drastically. He forced himself to feel the vibe, the energy of the crowd. It was intense and invigorating. His normal, playful happiness had returned. Thinking too much often led Will to sad and lonely places. He tried not to allow that. As the song ended, he firmly took Kailey's hand and raised it to his lips. Tentatively looking up, the young blonde kissed her fingers as he had seen so many Royals do before. He swallowed carefully, smiling at her. "Thank you, Lady Kailey, for a most marvelous dance. I do hope we could meet again under such amiable terms for another dance, perhaps." He smiled, suggesting another dance was something he had not done in years. It felt nice to offer his companionship, however, he feared she would turn him away. While William was naturally reclusive, he found himself longing for others most times. He had learned to be lonely, learned to love being alone, but he needed someone else there.

The music was over now. The band was reorganizing themselves to play another song. Will's tall, lean, figure did not match that of the lords and counts around him. His blonde hair was short, unlike many with royal blood. Realizing that he had not shaved his face, and must have quite a bit of stubble, Will recoiled mentally. He certainly looked to be a servant. He looked sadly at Kailey and offered a smile to her. "I'm sorry. I didn't realize how terrible I must look. It was all to hide and now I stand out. I hope I don't lower your standing amongst the Agents for dancing with me. I must appear to be a servant to most." His voice was quiet, warm, and ragged. Much like himself, it had taken on a bit of a gravelly tone over the years.

(( lol I deleted my previous post and I am guessing it is my turn. Mind if I interrupted. of course not you did not tell me I am rude aren't I. if I must delete this post tell me.))

Blade heard the target talking with Lily if he was correct. The true agency eh? better get closer. Blade stepped closer to the two. then the music stopped. He found left the area and went to grab a (sleep) poison bomb from the carriage. It was necessary for his job today but he could get fired. no problem. he could join somebody else. probably Richard. He ran back to the nearby window ball room. He through in the bomb waiting for affected to happen. The green mist spread through out the ball. he watched as most people fell asleep. He found that it was in effective to him and went in looking for his target. but others would come soon and had to do it fast.

}Kailey{

Kailey had watched him with a wary eye as his emotions ran haywire. First a large elated happiness, then a strange cornered feeling as though he had no way out. The second made no sense to her as there were multiple exits throughout the room. Perhaps it had to do with something else. Then is was back to the feeling of the crowd, he was anxious about her knowing his feelings. Guilt spread through her and she said, "You block me you know, when you use your Grace, I've never met someone who could make it a mystery of what their feeling, it was nice."

Kailey frowned as the song ended, marking the end of her time with Will. Because no matter what she told her foolish heart, she couldn't help but know she'd miss him. Know she'd hope everyday to see him once more. She was a fool. When her held her hand and pressed it to his fingers Kailey stifled a girlish giggle and curtsied respectivley to him. His adam's apple bobbed as he swallowed before saying, "Thank you, Lady Kailey, for a most marvelous dance. I do hope we could meet again under such amiable terms for another dance, perhaps." A thrill passed through her, another dance? Could it by chance not be something of her own silly inventions? Could Will possibly have been admiring her not just for information?

Removing her hand from Will's she ran her thumb across his cheek with a small smile, though she could feel Lily's escalating annoyance behind her. He seemed upset about something and just as Kailey was about to ask he answered for her with a sad smile to accompany the words. "I'm sorry. I didn't realize how terrible I must look. It was all to hide and now I stand out. I hope I don't lower your standing amongst the Agents for dancing with me. I must appear to be a servant to most." His voice was quiet, but it was a warm, inviting quiet with a gravelly quality that Kailey found far more appealing than her own voice. Or the musicians, or anyone's really. Realising that her hand was curled in a small fist by her chin she dropped it down to her side and said, "No, you don't look like a servant. You, seem to regal for that. And do I strike you as a person shallow enoigh to care what others would think of me dancing with a servant. Besides, I know you're not a servant and so do you, and that's what matters. I could dance with all these servants, and still not care what they thought of me."

It was about that time that she noticed the strange green mist swirling about the folds of her silk gown. Curious Kailey gestured to the mist wordlessly and then her eyes widened as she could feel people becoming sleepy all around her. Slapping her hand over her nose she pointed for an exit on the opposite side of the room, away from the mist. Even Lily was quickly falling to the ground in slumber. Not waiting for Will, she grabbed his arm and started hauling him with her, she'd drag him out if she had to.

Blade saw the two escaping the ball.Blade sprayed some more and powerful gas over the door if anybody came out and left with Will. He saw the target and another coming for the door. he had sprayed it so they would not likely be continuing out. He left the target to the other agents to chose what to do with the lady but Blade left for the carriage taking the target with him.((I hope that is not godmodding now.))

Edited by 9pmg5665

((No, it's fine, we'll just wait for Kokay now, but why are they kidnapping them?))

Anri, with his face mask pulled up like always, didn't have to worry about that sleeping potion affecting him even slightly. Once the drunks and lady's were effectively sleeping, he leapt from the rafters easily. Long way down, but he flipped twice and landed lightly on his feet. He rolled his shoulder, walking toward Blade and stepping over the sleepers. His red eye glinted in the light before he pulled his hood down again and putting his eyes in shadows. "You get them?" his voice was deep, but quiet; he didn't talk much and when he did it was very little.

He didn't know the full details as to why or who they were taking tonight, but he didn't need too. If the True Agency falls, what job is there for me? Mindful, he didn't always undermine certain...aspects of the job he had, but he did so love undermining others. Looking toward the carriage, he rolled his neck and looked back at Blade. If the chance arose, the carriage door would be left unlocked by simple mistake. If it didn't...he wished the ones inside luck with keeping their lives. He could care less either way.

Edited by Songbreeze2012

((well will to recruit and the other for ransom money.oh and what are we going to do with the others like characters that did attend the ball ex: lily and others that did plan on going to the ball.))

Edited by 9pmg5665

((Just wanted to point out that post was extreme powerplaying. I'll go along with it, but Charles won't ever get to see Will. He'll come back to and leave biggrin.gif What a dashing and wonderful young man...))

Adelaide Bond

Adelaide was actually enjoying the party. She had been dancing with a very handsome lord who showed great interest in her when the gas spread across the room. She felt it affecting her at once. People fell to the ground, far sooner than herself. It was most likely due to her physical training. The young woman flicked her hair out of her eyes and apologized to the young lord as she allowed him to fall to the ground. She was an Agent first and foremost. Her eyes scanned the crowd for the people who, almost certainly, were not affected by the gas. Finding her target, she felt her Grace taking over. There was the man. He was taking Will. Oh no, she couldn't allow that. Adelaide, however stood back, allowing the man to do his work. She smiled. They'd never expect her to still be awake, she didn't even bother with pretending to be.

Scanning the room once more for something she could use as a weapon, her eyes fell on a particularly long pole of wood. It was attached to a table. This was a matter of life and death for her, other Agents, and King Richard. She was sure he'd let her destroy one table to keep them alive. Kicking it over, she snapped the pole free. She had once seen a monk use a pole such as this as a weapon. Richard had the greatest fighters taken in to show her how the fought. Adelaide was now fairly frustrated. She flipped the pole around to her back, waiting for the best time to fight. There were two of them. Two men. She didn't know anything about them. They were assassins. She was almost certain. They were after Will, so was she. Adelaide shook her head lightly and stepped towards the nearest man and held up one hand. "Listen here. I saw y'all take Will outta here. I can't let you do that. I've got mah orders too. And this time 'round, you guys aren't going to be able to follow through with yours. So," She fell into the fighting stance she had seen the monk in. It was based on being able to move quickly to use your opponent's energy against them. "Teach me how you dance and we'll get this whole thing over with right quick."

((biggrin.gif She talks like me! xd.png I'll post as Will next. Oh, Adelaide's power is the ability to do anything she observes. I don't think that Graces would be too different, simply hard to do.))

((Kokay makes a very good point, that was what we call GODMODDING, please refrain from doing that again wink.gif oh and just so u all know... Kokay is now my co-owner happy.gif so what he says goes too!! smile.gif I have to post later, besides Kailey's waiting on Will xd.png G2g post later!! tongue.gif bye))

((godmodding hmmmmmmmmmmm. got no clue what that means I have just seen it in other games. is it when you do something that majorly affects the story without permission or is it when you do something that makes your character seem invincible and will edit out some of the other one.))

William Jones

William had been knocked out. He was stirring now. His head hurt and a headache was clearly starting up. Instinctively, he turned his Grace on and slammed his back against the side of the carriage. He heard nothing. Nothing that gave away where he was. Instead, he was alone in the dark. Will grunted as he sat up, sliding his tied arms under his legs so they were in front of him. There was another body in the carriage with him. His feet touched it lightly, and he paused. Listening carefully, Will heard breath and let out a sigh of relief. Who ever was with him was alive too. Now it was time to get out. He twisted his arms against the bonds. Ropes, tied well. He had brought a knife, luckily. The young man slid his hand into his boot, trying to remember just what had happened. He'd been dancing with a girl. And then there was gas. He shook his head, it hurt to try to remember anything more.

Sliding the knife quickly against the ropes, he broke free. Now that his arms were untied, Will looked to the body near him. Will put the knife between his teeth so he could use both hands to find the bonds of the person. He placed his hands carefully on the head. Working his hands down to the arms of the sleeping person, he took the wrists carefully. It was a woman. Or a very dainty man. With very long hair. He pulled the knife out of his teeth and held tightly to the wrists. "Don't move, don't move..." He chanted under his breath. If the person moved while he was working at their bonds, he risked cutting her. Will didn't remember what had happened. He only knew he'd been dancing. The poor man didn't even remember the Agency Cats. The blow to his head had jumbled up his thoughts and now he was even more confused than he had ever been before.

His mind was reverting to the times in which he remembered better than any others. It was his days in the orphanage. That must be where he was. Rina and he must have been playing hide and seek with the other kids and hidden in the basement. When they were found, the kids must have been mad and tied them up and left them in the pantry. No problem. Will and Rina had always liked to be alone and away from the other kids. It was better that way. Rina was Graced too. She didn't have a Grace like him. She was very good at cooking, however. They assumed that was her Grace. But, it didn't matter to the two of them. Graces were just a reason for them to be discriminated against. Rina teased him that he was just too good at hide and seek so everyone pretended he was Graced. He knew it wasn't true, that he was really Graced, but it was fun to pretend. A terrible thought entered Will's confused mind. He would be leaving soon. Rina wouldn't be able to stay with him, either. They'd have to leave each other. "I'll miss you, Rina." He muttered quietly.

}Kailey{

Kailey had a throbbing headache, and her first assumption was that she'd had too much to drink. No, that was ridiculous she hadn't had anything to drink, had she? Wait, where was she?! Her eyes flashed open, it was dark, she couldn't see anything. But someone was with her, she could hear movement behind her. And they were holding her arms behind her back! Kailey's body tensed, preparing to flip the unknown person off of her. Then she heard a chafing sound, someone was cutting ropes. Her body relaxed and let the person finish cutting the ropes. She felt a pressure release from her arms and she wiggled herself up. But not before the stranger said, "I'll miss you, Rina." The man's voice was familiar. Like being welcomed home after a long day of work.

Kailey frowned, as nice as the ragged voice sounded, the man that owned it was obviously confused. Her name wasn't Rina, but he seemed so sure. His feelings were a muddled mess and so were her own. The only thing that she remembered was a handsome man, dancing, smoke, running. Kailey frowned, willing her memory to give her the full tale. It was frustrating that she couldn't remember. Then her thoughts returned to this new person. It was obvious from the feel of his hands that he was a man, and the sound of his voice.

That sparked something from her thoughts... His voice. She'd heard it before, hadn't she? No, that was ridiculous, how could she have heard his voice before? Still, though she needed to think things over, he could easily be the one who had nabbed her from the party, and brought her here. But then why would he be releasing her? This thinking was getting her nowhere, and was making her head pound even harder. With a frown that was of course invisible she said, "My name isn't Rina, it's Kailey... Who are you?" Her tentativeness gave her voice a ring like tinkling chimes as she fought against the darkness in the carrige.

She tucked a stray curl behind her ear and wondered if this man would answer her. She hoped so, there was something... Comforting about his ragged voice. It was hard for Kailey to explain, but she could swear that she'd heard it before. Was she making all this up in her head? With a frown she ran through the things she knew for sure, her name was Kailey, she was an Agent, she was Graced, she didn't know this stranger. With a start she patted herself down and found herself to be in the same silken gown as she was when she was dancing. At least it wasn't that type of kidnapping. With a frown she sat on the hardwood floor quietly. This was horrendous... Where was she and who was she with?!

Her eyes tried and failed to pierce the darkness so she turned her sigh inward. Trying to remember who she was dancing with. She got a few impressions, rough lips on her hand, stubble lined jaw, blonde, and tall. He was handsome, that was sure, but she couldn't for the life of her remember his name.

William Jones

Will was twice as confused when Rina tried to convince him that her name was Kailey. Rina was a naturally playful person, so he decided she was playing a joke on him. There was no other way to react than to go along with it. He nodded, before realizing that it wasn't visible in the darkness. He coughed and looked around. "Right. Um, I'm... Ugh, Rina. You know I'm awful at creating fake names. Just... I'm Will. There. Just call me Will instead of William. That'll work." He said. The young man scratched the bridge of his nose and sat back down. He was in no rush to leave the pantry. Will was surprised to find the floor was wooden. This wasn't the pantry! He let out a gasp and looked around, struggling to see in the darkness. "R-Rina, where are we? I thought maybe the kids threw us in the pantry, but the pantry doesn't have wooden floors."

William's mind reeled. Where could he be and why? Maybe Rina wasn't really Rina. Maybe it was someone just pretending to be her. His fear reached it's peak. He couldn't get out of this one. As he realized this, the young man's breath quickened and he jumped to his feet. He ran to the nearest corner of the darkened space. He couldn't see anything, but his fingers found a weak spot in the wood. He needed his knife. Foolishly, he'd dropped it on the ground. Now he'd have to find it. "Rina, stay still. I have to find my knife. I don't want you to cut yourself. I set it down and..." He couldn't finish the sentence. He was running on instinct now, hands on the ground, feeling around blindly for the knife. Cursing vividly as the sharp blade sliced into his palm, he pulled it out mercilessly (most likely causing more damage than the initial wound) and ran back to the corner. Searching with his fingers, he found the weak spot once more. He jammed his knife into the wood and pulled against it, hearing the wood creak and snap. A small stream of light entered the enclosed space.

Will held his wounded hand up to the light and bit his lip against the pain. He hissed and leaned against the wall. It was a big gash and would need to be dressed appropriately before it got infected. The ladies who ran the orphanage had taught him all they knew about herbs. He missed them greatly right now. Feeling quite childish, Will slid down to a sitting position and sniffed. Nothing made sense. He was alone, wounded, and couldn't remember what had happened or what he'd done to deserve this treatment. Biting his lip, he pressed his shirt sleeve against the cut, letting out a small whimper. It wasn't like him to show such emotion, but he didn't care right now. Nothing was right and he just wanted everything to make sense.

((Godmodding-the movement or involvement of one character that is not yours without permission from the character's owner.

That's how I've always known it anyhow....I always know what not to do without asking ahead of time lol ))

Anri

Seeing as the woman had no real weapon, Anri figured it better to fight without one. She was Graced, he was sure, but didn't make much difference. He rolled his shoulder, looking at her while speaking to Blade. "Head back, I'll follow." He'd rather fight than babysit prisoners any day. He motioned lightly for the girl to give it her best shot. His Grace would kick in the moment he needed it, which was pretty much whenever he wanted.

Adelaide Bond

Adelaide grinned lopsidedly at the offer to fight. The man obviously knew nothing of her Grace. She found it surprising. Most assassins did their homework on the Agents they'd be encountering. They must have hoped she'd be knocked out by the gas. Too bad for them. She stepped over bodies, looking at the other man and shaking her head. "Don't you even think for a second that I'll be lettin' you leave with my Graceling. You'll stay right here and take the fight like a man or I'll hunt you down after I deal with your friend here. You have more of a chance at beating me if you team up, however." Adelaide was definitely cocky. And, she had good reason. She had never lost a fight before. Even a Killing Grace wouldn't be able to kill her. Or, so she assumed. She'd sparred with an Agent named Lily before, but the battle was called off when Adelaide had passed out. She had been mimicking the other Graceling's Grace. That was when she found her one downfall.

Adelaide now closed the distance so that she was close enough to fight both men. To her dismay, she remembered her clothing. A dress and heels was hardly proper to fight in. She set the pole down and held up a hand as she took off her shoes. "If you big strong men will wait just a moment while I prepare, it will be a much more pleasing fight for the both of us." She didn't wait to see if they'd wait. Instead, she bent over and split her dress, wincing at the sound. It now had a slit up to her thigh, allowing for more freedom of movement. "Now, you two ruined a most wonderful party. Let's finish this in a way that any Agent would be proud of. Your story will be told at least once or twice by me. I promise." Her eyes squinted as she smiled.