speckledXdust

Who's your favorite author?

In no particular order.

1) Terry Pratchett - Discworld series wonderful.

2) Piers Anthony- Many wonderful series Zanth, Incarnations of Immortality, The Adept.

3) Anne McCaffrey - Dragonriders of Pern Series.

4) George R.R Martin - Song of Fire and Ice Series - Game of thrones, Clash of Kings.

5) Tolkien

6) C.S Lewis

7) Patricia C Werde: Her enchanted forest series - Calling on Dragons, Searching for Dragons, Dealing with Dragons. (Fractured fairytales at their best.)

8) Ted Dekker

9) Stephen King

10) Dean Koontz

There are two whom I believe to be the best writers I have ever come across: Rick Riordan and Cinda Williams Chima. Rick has written the 'Percy Jackson & the Olympians' as well as the sequel series 'Heroes of Olympus'. Cinda has written the 'Heir Trilogy' and the 'Seven Realms Series'.

They are both AMAZING writers! I've read their books multiple times!

I've been exploring GRRM's other books as well and discovered Fevre Dream, a book about vampires. It's just wonderful how, at first, one of the protagonists was borderline villanious and in the end, I couldn't fangirl enough. Joshua York in a pristine white suit and hat, OH GOD YES.

If you're looking for good vampire books, Fevre Dream it is. It's like a crossover of Mark Twain and Bram Stroker. tongue.gif

Several favorites in no particular order...

Bertrice Small - historical and modern-day romance/erotica, who's earned my respect for actually getting the history parts mostly correct in her historicals. She's even included a bibliography of sorts in some of them, for the convenience of any readers especially interested in exploring more about a particular culture and time period.

C.S. Lewis - Narnia. Enough said. biggrin.gif

Mercedes Lackey - the Valdemar books and others as well, she has the skill of creating a world with just enough detail to make it seem real, without so much as to get bogged down in the minutiae.

L.M. Montgomery - I still re-read the Anne of Green Gables series every so often.

Torey Hayden - nonfiction books detailing her work with children with various mental and emotional issues (often related to abuse) and how she managed to help set at least some of them on the road to living normal lives.

I especially love historical novels, and my favourite authors are:

Ellis Peters (Edith Pargeter) with her series of Brother Cadfael chronicles

Candace Robb, with her series about Owen Archer's adventures

Italian writer Valeria Montaldi, with her Il mercante di Lana, Il signore del falco, Il monaco inglese and Il manoscritto dell'imperatore

I also love C.S. Friedman and her science fiction / fantasy Coldfire Trilogy

My favorite author is Nalini Singh. She writes a psy series that I haven't read yet, but her guild hunter series is awesome. I don't want to get too into what it is about. But the main character is a vampire hunter(they dont kill them) that captures vamps and returns them to their owners(the angels). Well she gets hired by the archangel Raphael and ends up falling for him. Big stuff happens and she 'changes'. The author does a great job with her characters and you will fall head over heals for her angels and vamps.

1. Garth Nix - Keys To The Kingdom and Power Of Five Series smile.gif

2. J.K.Rowling - Harry Potter

3. Andy Grithifs - Stuff tongue.gif

Mary Downing Hahn,

Two words on why,

Vincent Morthanos wub.gif

SUCH a vampy boy....

And as my scroll name Morth proves I'm a bit of a fan girl.

And want that surname he has rolleyes.gif

I don't want to marry him, even if he was real. I already have a special someone.

ALMOST scott westerfeld

Spoilers

Then he had Alek throw away the Austro Hungrian Empire FOR A COMMONER FROM SCOTLAND

I got so mad I almost threw the book mad.gif gave the entire series back to the library at school and told them to burn these for BAD quality.

RA Salvatore (Drizzt...) smile.gif

Edited by Sorrowgrave

Austen & Shakespeare, is of course a must (if you ask me.)

Then there's the Bronte's, Margret Mitchell and Little Women series (can't remember the author though). Virginia Wolf & Sylvia Plath are nice too.

Toni Morrison.. yeah and a lot more.

C. S. Lewis- Chronicles of Narnia series

J. K. Rowling- Harry Potter series

Chris Wooding- Poison

Edited by clara954

Austen & Shakespeare, is of course a must (if you ask me.)

Then there's the Bronte's, Margret Mitchell and Little Women series (can't remember the author though). Virginia Wolf & Sylvia Plath are nice too.

Toni Morrison.. yeah and a lot more.

Louisa May Alcott wrote the Little Women series, along with several other books that I like.

orson scott card, george r.r. martin, terry goodkind, tery brooks and anne bishop are all good adult book authors

for teen writers i love christopher paolini, jk rowling, stephanie meyer

for children authors. erin hunter, i want to try and read john flagon or however you spell his name and kenneth oppel.

there are tons of other authors i like but too many to name as favorites

J.R.R Tolkien

'Nuff said

*gives virtual high-five* Right on, lol.

Although, I do also love Terry Pratchett and Jane Austen.

J.R.R Tolkien

'Nuff said

*gives virtual high-five* Right on, lol.

Although, I do also love Terry Pratchett and Jane Austen, the Brontes, and Arthur Conan Doyle of course. Can't forget him.

My favourite author is Dean Koontz

Also a fan of James Patterson and Stephen King and Garth Nix.

I don't read much from one author too often but here's a small list of the people I own more then one work by and I enjoyed their work a lot.

Edgar Allen Poe

Jack London

J.R.R Tolkien

Anne McCaffrey

H.G Wells

C. S. Lewis

Thomas Harris

Currently, I really like Veronica Roth, but I’m pretty jumpy with books, series and writers. Anyways, like other people have said I was a huge fan of Erin Hunter in like third and fourth grade. I loved the Warriors series and when Seekers came out I was pretty obsessed, but unfortunately I never got to finish that series because like I said before I'm really jumpy, especially when I have to wait a while for a new book. Back on topic about authors, I also like Michael Grant (he wrote the Gone series).

J.K Rowling, Christopher Paolini and J.R.R Tolkien

Edited by 0023567467