speckledXdust

Who's your favorite author?

Probably the author of Eragon, Christopher Paolini.

I love how he describes everything perfectly and gives emotion to the story. I feel as if I was right next to the scene, also found myself tearing up at some parts. He is amazing.

As a kid I loved Lucy Daniels.

She was the author of the Animal Ark series and I loved that, being a great reader and all. I still have the books lying in my book shelf *cough cough*

One of my favorite authors is Brian Jacques, hands down. He wrote the Tales of Redwall books, which I have been reading for at least for years. I read most of his books at least once a year. His Tales of Redwall books are excellent for young adult readers. They're great mixes of love, valour, villiany, and adventure. I love'em. The only two I haven't read are the newest ones, The Sable Quean and The Rogue Crew.

Annette Curtis Clause is also a good teen-fiction writer. She has a very fluid, almost poetic, writing style. I've read Blood and Chocolate, and The Silver Kiss, by her. They were very lovely books. Blood and Chocolate being my favorite of the two.

Anne McCaffery - dragon riders of pern

Terry Pratchett- Discworld books

George RR Martin- clash of Kings, storm Of Swords.

Jodi Picoult- My Sister's Keeper, Nineteen Minutes, the Pact, many good ones.

Stephen King- Horror

Piers Anthony- Xanth, Incarnations of Immortality.

Patricia C Werde- Enchanted Forest series.

Terry Pratchett and his Discworld novels, hands down. It's fantasy, but it's almost never serious or depressing. It's so lighthearted and fun, but it still manages to make you think at times. It's excellent.

I'm a huge bookworm, so that is a difficult question. But I tend to get seriously obsessed with something for awhile, then move onto something else.!

I'm like this since i try to read everything right now I'm reading John Sandfords virgil Flowers Novels and i am trying to get through all of Dean Koontz books

Im not much of a book reader, as I tend to stop reading the book after a while, due to boredom.

However Christopher Paolini's Inheritance Cycle has managed to keep me reading the books until the end. To the point in which i can read 1 book in under 2 days.... Something about the Inheritance Cycle just keeps me entranced to the story.

Brian Jacques, Redwall series! Redwall Abbey was built a long time ago, in Mossflower Woods, inhabited by mice, squirrels, moles, hedgehogs, otters, etc, but never humans. While almost every book takes place at a different time in history, each book has an assortment of interesting characters and the plots, while similar, vary from book to book.

Megan Whalen Turner, author of the series of books beginning with The Thief. I saw another vote for her; it made me glee smile.gif.

Also love Jonathan Stroud's Bartimaeus Trilogy.

I see a lot of votes for Terry Pratchett. I read Good Omens, which was co-authored by him and Neil Gaiman, and quite enjoyed it. Perhaps I should read more of his work. Once I finish the Foundations Trilogy. It's not really my cup of tea, so it's been harder than usual to get into it.

I would have to honesly say it's hard to choose my favorite author.

Melissa Marr and Christopher Paolini are definitly two of them though.

Well... there are a few authors I appreciate more than rest:

Charles May - for Winnetou, Arabic Cycle and his other works

J.R.R.Tolkien - Master!

C.S.Levis - for his style

Hmm... Terry Goodkind - Sword of Truth is a great Cycle.

And I recently discovered Peter V. Brett and his Painted Man - amazing piece of fantastic literature.

There are others of course, lots of Polish authors on my list - and I don't want to confuse you with the names tongue.gif

Christopher Pike is my fav author currently, he writes horror like RL Stine and Stephen King.

Oh, there are so many! laugh.gif

1. Terry Pratchett. His writing style just fits me. Plenty of humour, plenty of awesomeness, plenty of magic, plenty of scheming, plenty of everything! And I totally don't have a crush on commander Vimes. It's like admiration from afar. Very afar. Preferably behind something large and solid.

2. George R. R. Martin. The realisticness (is that even a word?) is what charms me the most. The characters are portrayed masterfully, everything is logical and makes sense...there are even plenty of my favourite character types!

3. Anne McCaffrey. I wish there were more books by her in my local library. I really liked Dragonflight and Dragonsong was really good, too! I was so sorry to hear that she had passed away sad.gif

3. Ursula K. Le Guin. Harder to read and even harder to understand. My favourite book by her was The City Of Illusions. There were some moments in the book that made me go 'Oh god, why, why, why!?!?!' And that is why I like her. She plays with her readers' minds and makes them think.

4. Tolkien and Rowling, of course. They are classics already.

5. Charlie Fletcher. Stoneheart trilogy, anyone? Proud fangirl of The Gunner here. He is actually my favourite character I've ever read. The place where George saved The Gunner's life is forever burned into my memory. (/T_T)/ And The Walker was just plain creepy. Living statues for the win. laugh.gif

6. Leo Kunnas. Estonian writer, whose Gort Ashryn trilogy is not translated into English, I believe. Psychological, slightly philosophical and diamond hard military sci-fi. I really liked intelligent tanks, battle computers, artificial humans, alien politics, terraforming and many other awesomeawesomeawesomeawesome things. It kinda tore my soul in half how the trilogy ended.

7. Ender's Game was pretty good, too.

Edited by LwyllasLaVey

Seconding (or thirding?) the recommendations for Neil Gaiman. He's awesome..

Also highly recommend Catherynne M. Valente. She writes offbeat fantasy and if you're a Gaiman fan, you would probably like her work as well.

Terry Pratchett- Hands down my favorite author ever. I will read any and all of his disk world series. My library recently got two more, and I squee'ed when I saw them biggrin.gif His writing style is amazing. I like how I can read a few chapters and then put it down, because in those few chapters were really well written stories that made you think. Also, I'm in love with Carrot.

Suzana Collins - I've so far only read the first Hunger Games series, but I read it in 4 hours, and am now waiting patiently (I'll call it patiently, it makes me feel like a better person) for someone to return the second one. Argh! The suspense is killing me.

Terry Pratchett- Hands down my favorite author ever. I will read any and all of his disk world series. My library recently got two more, and I squee'ed when I saw them biggrin.gif His writing style is amazing. I like how I can read a few chapters and then put it down, because in those few chapters were really well written stories that made you think. Also, I'm in love with Carrot.

Carrot is awesome!He would be a full-blown Gary Stu in lesser writer's hands but PTerry has made him jaw-droppingly awesome.

I absolutely LOVE Ted Dekker. His stories are laced with a lot of adrenaline and plot turns. I once stayed up all night trying to finish one of his books.

Her book isn't published yet, but...

Sarah Belliston. She's writing a book called Conduit, which will be part of a series. How do I know this? Because I know her personally! And her husband is Stephanie Meyers' cousin...

I like Brian Jacques... AND THE REDWALL SERIES!!

So sad that he passed away though. *sigh*

I also lovelovelove Chris D'Lacey's Last Dragon Chronicles.

I love Chris d'lacey and Steve Cole.

Chris d'lacey did some cool dragon books, i'm trying to find the next one of his series DarkFire

user posted image

Anne McCaffrey, Todd McCaffrey, and Chris D'lacey... kind of a theme X3

John Flanagan-Rangers apprentice. Read em all.

Eoin Colfer-Artemis Fowl, The supernaturalists, and Artemis Fowl graphic novels (read the graphic novels 5 times)