Packgoater

Junkyard Dogs

((Name: Thief (The Laughing Shadow)

Breed: Croatian Sheepdog

Appearance: Thief is a black, curly haired sheepdog who is very handsome. He has captivating green eyes and he almost never leaves without his smile. His coat has a slight sheen to it. He is 23 inches at the shoulder and is very lean. http://i53.tinypic.com/15dngjo.png

Personality: He is often described as a rogue delighting in anything that brings entertainment, good food, or a chance to party. He loves more than anything to have a large gathering where there is lots of singing, jests, and showing battle prowess.

Mate: None

Pups: Unknown

History: Thief was born a street dog, raised a street dog, and will always remain a street dog. He has lived up to his namesake ever since he was small. Thief was bold enough to steal in to Shadowpack and raid their food. He was lucky enough to come out unscathed. He always holds a one-night festival whenever he is able to gather enough food. It is held in the forest and always under moonlight. He hosts it at a small abandoned play fort. Barely any dogs know about this, but the ones who do gorge themselves in the bounty. http://i51.tinypic.com/24osmft.png

Introduction Paragraph: Thief was making his final preparations. Tonight would be better than all of the other nights. All rivalries would melt away at the scent of food and the sound of howling. Tonight there would be a festival where all canines of good sport would be welcome. He took a last look at the stack of happy meals, hot dogs, and garbage diggings before throwing his head back. He howled his signature tune and shouted as loud as he could. “Come Come to the joyous feast among our kind! Forget your enemies and rivals and be merry! Tonight is the only chance for a long while to enjoy this bounty! Come Come!”

Name: The NightBane Pack

Territory Description: The Territory is a good portion of the forest. He has personally named almost every clearing in Latin. A brook named “In Flumine” simply meaning ‘The River’. The Home Base is “Risus Est” or ‘Fort of Laughs’. There are also a number of Clearings. “Fusce Stella” ‘Firefly Clearing’, “Arbores Ululatus” ‘Howling Trees’, “Matres Sedebit” ‘Mothers House’, and “Fusce Sapientia” ‘Wisdom Clearing’. There are few other big attractions. http://i54.tinypic.com/2zrhz4i.png

Den Site Description: A small, sheltered clearing, with an ancient tree. It would take two men to wrap their arms around its trunk and the den is burrowed under the roots. It has never been used to anyone’s knowledge. The clearing itself is downed in plush grass and wildflowers. Only a hint of light filters through the trees.

Landmarks:

The Fort

The River

Fusce Stella

Arbores Ululatus

Matres Sedebit

Fusce Sapientia

The Treeline

Alpha: Thief))

Name: Kadabra

Breed: golden retreaver

Appearance: A pretty golden pelt, http://www.discoveringgoldenretrievers.com...n-retriever.jpg and deep cocoa eyes

Gender female

Personality: a nice dog with shy personality, but when it comes to Theif's parties, she is like a whole nother dog, bold and wild.

Mate: none

Pups:none

History: She has been a long wild street dog, when she was a pup she lived with a family, but she grew to want more adventure, aka parties. She came to these parts because she heard of Theif's parties, she honesltly really, really has a crush on him. Her friend, Beverly, who is a brown yorkshire terrier, is her really close friend.

Introduction Paragraph: Kadabra's ear's perked with excitment when she heard Theif's howls. She leaped from her cardboard den and sprinted towrds the sound of Thief's voice, not only did she love to party, but she loved Theif! Not that she thought he knew, anywhay. She ran over to her friend's makeshift house, in a different allieway, and yelled into the box, "Beverly!!!" A small brown terrier came out, looking very annoyed.

"WHAT?"

"I'm going to Theif's party!" She squeiled like a school girl.

"I hope he asks you to marry him." Beverly said sarcastikly. Beverly was Kadabra's friend who knew how big her crush on Theif was. I mean, her crush wasn't huge, like obsesive, just a healthy-ish likeing."You go without me, i'm tired." Beverly yawned

"okay!" Kadabra sprinted away, but when she got to Theif's allieway, she paused and took a breath. She fluffed her golden fur and strutted into his alliway, not many dogs had arrived yet, but she spotted Theif and said, "Hi Theif!"

Name: Ashmedai

Breed: Scottish Deerhound

Appearance: Tall and strong, Ashmedai is still old. Her coat is a mid-brown and her teeth are a pale yellow, though her gums are flecked with black. She has long, powerful legs that propel her wiry frame to great speeds - a leftover from her breed's deer coursing ancestors. Her face and back are criss-crossed with old and new scars. She is, first and foremost, a mercenary, and her fighting skills show in that, although a little bedraggled and beaten-up, she's fairly pretty and definitely healthy, despite her age. This really works in her favour, though; people forget that old mercenaries get there by being extremely good at not dying.

Personality: She's very quiet, but when she does speak she's terse and snappish, prone to sarcasm and possessed of a tongue almost as sharp as her bite. Underneath it all she's rather pleasant, if not entirely sweet. She's never really had the life she wanted, especially not since being trapped in this scrap-littered deathtrap.

Mate: Nobody wants a barren old hoyden like her; so she thinks, anyway.

Pups: A few; she rarely ever keeps in touch. Once they're old enough to fend for themselves, she sneaks them into the human baskets that they hand out free puppies in. Some probably went to good homes.

History: She was born to a breeder who was obsessed with the Qabbalah. Given the name Chayot Ha Kodesh, she was sent to sleep every night with readings from the holy book of that collection of lunatics, and over time amassed a certain knowledge of what they meant and the figures within them. However, once the breeder realised that she was never going to win any obedience prizes or races, she was cast out. Taking the name Ashmedai, the great demon of the Qabbalah mythology, she taught herself how to fight and made a comfortable living as a mercenary. Her style is quiet, economical, efficient and unfussy; clinical bites and slashes when the opportunity presents itself. Her bulky nature allows her to soak up damage from less controlled fighters, and their marks are left all over her. But she heals well, and save for her exhaustive collection of scars she is hale and hearty. She even once got run over by a human car once, and though it took her a time she survived. That's all she's good at. Surviving.

Introduction Paragraph: "Harah."

It was a useful word. It conveyed that sensation of utter uselessness she felt; the sense that nothing could go right at the moment. She didn't have a clue what it meant; the Old One had taught it to her, along with the words of his pack and the names of his gods, and she could never speak their language fluently enough to understand such difficult techniques as swearing. Still, it sounded good.

Ashmedai's wizened old bones propelled her through the Boneland, seeking shelter for the night. It was due to be a cold night, and she needed the heat and safety of a scrap pile. Anywhere would do. She could pay them back in skill and labour. Her nose told her that this broken section of wire fence marked the borders of the Shadowpack's territory. She smiled; they were always in need of dogs who were willing to kill, and generally treated them better than the pack of that priggish, jumped-up little martinet Ty. She would survive.

Following a scent trail, she made for the den of the Alpha female of the pack. Hopefully, she'd accept her without making her fight too many other dogs...

((Yay! Also, I made Ash a mercenary and killer because frankly, I think that when it comes to dogs the Koreans have the right bally idea...))

Thief looked at Kadabra through the trees. The night was glorious with the full moon casting it's light. Every part of the forest was bathed in a silvery pool. He took a graceful leap towards her and then several bounds. The flowers and trees danced in the slight breeze as leaves danced about their bases. He paced around her and brushed against her side in greeting, "Well hello my lady, come at last have you?" He said with a smile. "Come, have a meal with me. All the food is free you know." The night was truly a glorious setting for a group of dogs hoping to make merry.

Edited by ArchiosLukos

Kadabra dipped her head in greeting, She took note on how the moonlight was almost reflected by Theif's glossy black coat. Kadabra smiled and said, "I'd love to have a meal with you! This is a beatufil night, you agree?" Kadabra bent over to sniff a white perriwinkle that had sproted from the ground, the scent was strong than she had anticipated and she sneezed, the perriwinkle now drooping from her sneeze. Kadabra felt herself blush.

Thief's smile spread even wider. He was well aware of Kadabra's feelings for him. She had been dropping hints everywhere. How romantic this night must seem to her, with the moon and the trees. That's just how he liked it to be. "Yes, the night is beautiful indeed. I only hope that it can remain this way." He couldn't see her blushing under her golden fur, but is was easy enough to tell. "Well then, ladies first. Whenever you are ready."

Kadabra sheeplishly grinned. "I hope so too." She closed her eyes and listened to the crickets and cikadas in the bushes. "A beautiful night indeed." Her eyes then popped open. "Alright! How about that food?" She asked. She began to walk next to Theif, twords the food.

Thief followed Kadabara towards the pile he had made. Everything smelled delicious, but he would not eat. Eating was for all those guests who truly needed it. He was suprised that more dogs were not here. Sure there were only a handful that usually showed up, but there were usually more than this. He contemplated the matter further whale staring blankly at Kadabara's coat. The breeze picked up a bit and blew leaves into a frenzied dance around the place. It looked like it was about to rain.

((I'm leaving, so anyone is free to do whatever they want with Amber and Snowflake. I might come back, but with better characters.))

Kadabra picked up a meaty bone and began to knaw on it. She rose her head from her bone and looked at Theif, his eyes were on her. The wind rustled her fur and she smelled the humidity in the air. She looked back at Theif and said, "Did you really steal some of this food from Shadowpack?" Kadabra's eyes glinted with curoiosity.

((Sorry to see you go, 77.

And.... new character, because this RP is basically starting fresh. So, here's Arjean, the long haired weimaraner: http://www.doggysnaps.com/kennels/taura/ta..._.jpg?thumbid=4 ))

Arjean walked lightly, her piercing blue eyes grazing over the trees before her as she listened to the distant woofing and howling up ahead. Her ears were alert and slightly forward, her interest mainly in the dogs that would be there. For some time now she had been looking for a pack, and if this was one, than she had some hope left in her. Arjean's ragged and weary body was suddenly filled with new energy, and she galloped quickly forward, her tail a rippling silvery flag behind her. She held her chin up as she emerged from the dense cover and with narrowed eyes scanned over the pack before her. She looked eerily ghost-like with her tail billowing behind her, giving her a surreal look as she appeared to shimmer in the moonlight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Frost scented a dog nearby. Grunting, she lifted herself to her feet and strutted over to the old female, who seemed to have some fighting experience. "And you are...?" she growled, her voice low, her ears pinned to her head and her chin erect. "I am Frost, leader of Shadowpack. I hope you are here to join, otherwise me and my... friends will have some... fun with you."

Edited by Packgoater

Thief locked his eyes on Kadabara. She had just entered somewhat of a touchy subject. He was divided between showing off and shutting off whenever it came around. The truth was that he had been starving as a pup and that was how he originally came to stealing. "Well, I did not steal this exact meal, but yes. It was a long time ago while I was still a young pup. I was starving nearly every day and my options were running out. I decided that it would be a really good idea to steal from my neighbors at the time. At night, I slipped into shadowpack's fortress and slinked around. It was easy enough to lacate their food stock. The pile was guarded by a bunch of runts that had fallen asleep. I quickly slipped by and grabbed as much meat as I could. However, before I got out I was given a nice gash by their head patrol at the time..." He looked down at his shoulder. The scar was completely hidden under his massive coat. No one could tell that their had ever been an injury. "Luckily, I was able to get away before anything else happened." He cocked his head and waited for her response. He did not tell this story often.

((Oh, that was a real failure of a post on my part, sorry Lukos. The pack Arjean sees is Theif's. O.o Sorry about that, the way I had it was REALLY unclear. D:))

"Oh, what an experiance." She said. But Perhaps she shouldn't have entered the subject. It seemed to be touchty to him. Perhaps she should change the subject to somthing new. "Are you really starting a pack? That sounds so much better than haveing to be a loner, to have a pack to watch your back, hunt together, fight togethe-" She smelled the incoming breeze and her head shoot up, fur raising. It was hard to scent anything but meat over her bone in frount of her. But she scented them know. She stood up next to Theif unsure of wheather they were friend or foe, so she just stood next to Theif. Her Gold fur next to his black.

((No, it's fine. Mea culpa.))

Ashmedai

"I'm just an old mercenary dog, nothing more. And yes, I am here to join you. Though if your entrance exam is dead dog's pawprints, I'd be more than happy to oblige." The mercenary made an exaggerated show of a hacking cough she'd picked up a few weeks back. It was beginning to annoy her, but it would suffice for this new purpose of making Frost - and wasn't that just aptness incarnate - and her guards underestimate her. It was the most powerful weapon she had.

Frost narrowed her eyes, watching the dog with disgust as she listened to the cough. She did find surprise at the cough though, the dog had come here with confidence, as if she assumed she would be accepted. Why was she so confident of this fact if she was coughing like she was? As she mused over this, her jaw clenched and unclenched, her eyes narrowed as she looked at the old dog. "Those customs are not just rumors, yes. So... do we have a volunteer to fight this old, starving, dying, poor, lethargic, filthy mutt?" Frost said coldly, narrowing her eyes and smiling innocently at her pack. If Frost knew one thing, it was never underestimate. She had always been underestimated herself, and now look at her.