Sombreon

Pokémon Black and White

If you're using the AR properly and you know what you're doing, it can't and won't happen. And no, the AR is NOT idiot proof. It won't tell you if you've entered a code wrong or if what you do will screw up your save file.

The one I had was updated via internet. It was hooked up to the computer where it updated new codes automatically. If you screwed up the AR would break, as in never load up again, not ruin games saves. So yes, idiot proof. Pretty much at least.

How much do you know about hacking and stuff anyway? If you know little other than AR than I'm inclined to believe the person who is more knowledgeable about hacking.

The one I had was updated via internet. It was hooked up to the computer where it updated new codes automatically. If you screwed up the AR would break, as in never load up again, not ruin games saves. So yes, idiot proof. Pretty much at least.

How much do you know about hacking and stuff anyway? If you know little other than AR than I'm inclined to believe the person who is more knowledgeable about hacking.

No, that's wrong. The AR doesn't affect itself. You don't know how it works: it works by modifying the RAM of the game, not the save file, not the AR, not anything else. It's not idiot proof in that it won't protect your save file if it was entered wrong.

I know all this stuff 'cause I was part of a team working on some game hacking projects a few years ago. You ever see some of those megaman hacked battles on YouTube? I was part of that. ExceedingLight was my old username, I've got a few videos posted there. I even posted an article on the formation of Action Replay codes, how to encrypt (or decrypt) them, and practical applications of the Action Replay in modifying the game.

EDIT: Here's something small I did:

and no, you can't do this normally in game. It's the one I enjoyed doing the most though, I thought it was the most clever. Edited by War Pig Killer

No, that's wrong. The AR doesn't affect itself. You don't know how it works: it works by modifying the RAM of the game, not the save file, not the AR, not anything else. It's not idiot proof in that it won't protect your save file if it was entered wrong.

I know all this stuff 'cause I was part of a team working on some game hacking projects a few years ago. You ever see some of those megaman hacked battles on YouTube? I was part of that. ExceedingLight was my old username, I've got a few videos posted there. I even posted an article on the formation of Action Replay codes, how to encrypt (or decrypt) them, and practical applications of the Action Replay in modifying the game.

http://www.amazon.com/DS-Lite-Action-Repla...o/dp/B000H5UY72

Hello thar self updating AR device.

Doesn't mention it breaking but if something went goes wrong during the update the thing becomes useless.

Hm, so you know a bit I see. I apologise. But still.

It's possible (albeit unlikely) that the site the codes came from had messed up codes. codejunkies. Which wouldn't be my fault (we used codejunkies many a time very successfully so I trust it) but not AR's fault either. I say this in the hopes of an understanding.

Pokesav is more useful than any AR code. And as a plus, its nice to test codes on .savs before they screw up on DS.

Also I'd imagine your save file could've been corrupted if something happened while you were using it. I.e, it got bumped or something like that. Or the code got messed up during the transfer 'cause of it getting disconnected or something. Codejunkies is a good site for AR codes.

Also I'd imagine your save file could've been corrupted if something happened while you were using it. I.e, it got bumped or something like that. Or the code got messed up during the transfer 'cause of it getting disconnected or something. Codejunkies is a good site for AR codes.

I yield that there are many possibilities I didn't consider at the time. AR was just the best candidate I saw.

I know codejunkies is great. Used to have an AR for gamecube. Codejunkies was the ONLY site we used. By we I mean me and my brothers btw.

Pokesav is more useful than any AR code.  And as a plus, its nice to test codes on .savs before they screw up on DS.

Or PokeGen.

DeSmuME is a great emulator with save states, too.

Audino + lucky egg holding pokemon = 6000+ exp a battle = easy grinding.

WELL, ANYWAY

user posted image

I felt like this was relevant to this thread.

@Crazy,

It's less efficient when you're 20 levels above them and only get about 2k exp from them. -_______-

i feel like posting something, so im gonna ask if my team is decent.

(I have all eight badges.)

Serperior. lvl 37

Stoutland. lvl 34

Simipour. lvl 31

Woobat. lv 40 (hoping to replace with a Rufflet/Braviary.)

Darmanitan. lvl 45

Gurdurr. lvl 31

i feel like posting something, so im gonna ask if my team is decent.

(I have all eight badges.)

Serperior. lvl 37

Stoutland. lvl 34

Simipour. lvl 31

Woobat. lv 40 (hoping to replace with a Rufflet/Braviary.)

Darmanitan. lvl 45

Gurdurr. lvl 31

I'd suggest leveling your team more equally.

yea, i realise that's a big problem, and im going to get on that right away, thank you for helping (if this sounds sarcastic then im very sorry, im honestly thankful that people are at least trying to help me.) any other tips?

yea, i realise that's a big problem, and im going to get on that right away, thank you for helping (if this sounds sarcastic then im very sorry, im honestly thankful that people are at least trying to help me.) any other tips?

If you got Carracosta, I'd suggest switching him out for Simipour, though if it knows Scald, that could come in handy.

yea my simipour knows scald, any decent moves for my gurdurr?

AHH! AH GOD! DO I USE MY MASTER BALL ON THUNDARUSS OR SAVE IT FOR ZEKROM?!

SWEET JESUS THIS IS TEARING ME APART SOMEONE HELP ME!

(/end over dramatic plea for help.)

Edited by bmw2606

Zekrom has a high catch rate, I caught it on my first Ultra Ball. So I'd either use it on Thundurus or save it for Kyurem or something. Maybe even save it for the Meloetta/Keldeo/Genesect events? I don't know what their catch rates are like...

yea my simipour knows scald, any decent moves for my gurdurr?

AHH! AH GOD! DO I USE MY MASTER BALL ON THUNDARUSS OR SAVE IT FOR ZEKROM?!

SWEET JESUS THIS IS TEARING ME APART SOMEONE HELP ME!

(/end over dramatic plea for help.)

Use it on neither. They were both pretty easy to catch (for me, at least).

I'm currently training for Elesa. xd.png

/slow

But you can't go on the Ferris Wheel after you ride on it with N? I AM DISAPPOINT.

Use it on neither. They were both pretty easy to catch (for me, at least).

I caught Reshram after a few headbutts and one ultra ball. It wasn't hard at all xd.png.

Now, I have beat N and Ghettus. I splled that wrong. Anyways, after I beat N, I was like yay, game beaten. And then my sister tells me I have to beat Ghettus too. I beat him, but it wasn't easy xd.png.

By the way, if anyone can breed me a tepig or oshawott, I would be interested. I could give a few things. Eventually some really nice things, like charmanders (once I figure out how to transfer from soul silver).

Edited by -platinum-draco-

I had to reset because Reshiram kept killing my Krookodile.., so I had to capture Zekrom again, ofcourse.

And on the third try I threw two ultra balls, and I hadn't even damaged it, and the second ball caught it! With full HP, and no stat problem! o______o

And my Krookodile avoided Reshiram's hyper beam. gheghe. <3

@Crazy,

It's less efficient when you're 20 levels above them and only get about 2k exp from them. -_______-

55 against 75 are the levels I'm battling with. 6000+ exp at this point. It has steadily been getting lower from 8000+.

Hmm. Hey, guys, what nature would be good for a Lilligant? owo

I was thinking Mild or Modest, but.. I dunno.

Hmm. Hey, guys, what nature would be good for a Lilligant? owo

I was thinking Mild or Modest, but.. I dunno.

Sorry. I know squat about natures :c

Yay, I got my games yesterday! :D

So far I'm in Nimbasa and I cannot find the stupid Gym (X_x) so I'm trying to find a Sigilyph first.

So far my party consists of Simipour, Servine, Victini, and Tranquill. Those are my only pokemon over lvl 20 D| /lazy to raise pokemon

Yay, I got my games yesterday! biggrin.gif

So far I'm in Nimbasa and I cannot find the stupid Gym (X_x) so I'm trying to find a Sigilyph first.

So far my party consists of Simipour, Servine, Victini, and Tranquill. Those are my only pokemon over lvl 20 D| /lazy to raise pokemon

The gym is directly right of the city entrance in the amusement park.

The pokemon you're looking for is in the desert resort area.

EDIT: Congrats on getting your game :3

Edited by crazywargod