tiktokism

Date Frozen

Pretty much like the title says - I think that frozen hatchlings should show the date they were frozen.

In-universe, it seems like a glaring oversight - the scrolls are supposed to be the dragon-tender's records, and the dragon-tender has lovingly sketched their dragon, recorded its pedigree, noted the date that the egg was laid and then when it hatched... if the dragon were to mature, the dragon-tender's scroll would reflect that date as well, and any progeny, and the last time it was bred. If an egg or hatchling dies, its date of death is also recorded on the scroll. It seems silly that they wouldn't also record the date they cast a magical spell on their dragon to prevent maturation.

On the practical side, it would make it easier for people to know when they'd last frozen a hatchling, and thus when they should be able to freeze again... something I know I would certainly appreciate.

As someone who rarely freezes this is not something I would really care much about, but it does seem logical to have that information recorded, so I support this.

That'd be helpful for keeping track of freezes. I like it. :3

Nice idea, but I don't really see the added value of this. From the hatching date you can pretty much guess when the hatchling was frozen, normally you can tell whether the freezing date is 0-3 days after hatching or 4-7 days after hatching. (since S1 freezing, given that you feed your hatchie enough views to hit S2 asap) I think that's sufficient for 99% of the players.

I think the developers' time could be spent on more useful things. tongue.gif Then again, it could probably be coded and implemented in a matter of hours. biggrin.gif

Mmm, yeah. It wouldn't make a huge difference to me, but it would be rather handy. And, as you said, logical.

Your logic is undeniable.

/shot

But seriously, the way you put it makes perfect sense. Our scrolls are for record-keeping. This would be a definite plus to have.

I support this, it does seem like a bit of an obvious oversight in a Dragon Keeper's records. <3

I'd rather know the date and or time at which your freezing unfreezes.

....lolwut?

I often freeze and release, that's why it wouldn't be too useful for me (personal) - but in case of those who freeze and keep, it's logical, so I support it.

I really like this idea. It's logical, and it could come in handy.

I think I've supported this every time the suggestion has come up. I think TJ actually said something about this once, but I can't remember what it would have been...

:3

really big bump!

I would love to have this info, it would help us members who enter contests that require freezings happening before a certain date. It will also weed out the people who slip under the deadline by freezing something after the deadline, since the time of freezing is not currently recorded we have to go by "Hatched On" dates.

really big bump!

I would love to have this info, it would help us members who enter contests that require freezings happening before a certain date. It will also weed out the people who slip under the deadline by freezing something after the deadline, since the time of freezing is not currently recorded we have to go by "Hatched On" dates.

Yes!

This is something I wouldn't use myself, as I don't collect Frozens, but for the reasons stated above, including those of the logical recording of ALL such major events, and the popularity of programs/competitions involving Frozen dragons, I support this - and also notification to people of when their Freezing abilities return.

Support. Though it doesn't make much change to me, but I sometimes wonder the date frozen when I saw some frozens at wilderness page.

I definitely support this. It just makes sense that you would record this date, since you record everything else. And it would be very helpful for the reasons above.