saerider

Your favorite childhood movies

As stated up there. What were your favorite childhood movies?

Mine were: The Mask, all 3 Little Toaster movies, The Swan Princess, and some others that I can't remember at the moment. biggrin.gif

You get the idea.

I still like those movies and can watch one, everyday for a whole week, to my siblings dismay. laugh.gif But other movies like: Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow, The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Producers, have been added to my hall of favorites. smile.gif

So what were your favorite childhood movies? And do you still enjoy them?

Fire and Ice and The Last Unicorn (plus all Disney movies). I also loved the Nightmare Before Christmas and the Swan Princess too.

Childhood? =V Uh... Emperor's New Groove?

Not so much anymore.

All Dogs go to Heaven

The Lion King

The Land Before Time(the original one, not the many sequels)

Lady and the Tramp

and more Disney movies, but not all.

I still enjoy and watch them occasionally.

It was mostly Disney movies in my house, so stuff like 100 Dalmatians, and other talking animal movies. happy.gif

I loved the Swan Princess movies, though, even as a six year old, I could tell the third one was bad.

(Some evil lady with magic was trying to stop the wedding or something. It was pretty lame compared to the first two.)

Movies that my parents said I would watch over and over all the time when I was a kid were,

- Mulan (I used to watch it like 3 times a day)

- Lady & The Tramp (we had it recorded on a VHS off the TV which broke from over use)

- Toy Story 1 (again was recorded on a VHS off the TV)

- A Dogs Tale (so much sexual innuendo in it that I never knew about till I was older)

I still enjoy them.

Jurassic Park.

Still pretty much is my favourite movie. I was raised well. :3

But otherwise, anything Disney, Pixar, The Nightmare before Christmas, Land before Time etc. I also loved the Swan Princess movies. xd.png I wanted to watch the first one the other day, but I couldn't find it...I guess it got sold or given to someone in all those years that I didn't watch it.

Edited by Cheshire

The Land Before Time

The Last Unicorn

Disney Films (not all but most of the old ones)

Edit:o not a xd.png

Edited by Shajana

Lady and the Tramp, Lion King and some other Disneys. also Home Alone biggrin.gif

Haha, I love the old hand-animated/drawn Disney movies too. I especially love the music, I'll hum them around the house. My sister especially hates it when I hum/sing "Hell fire" from The Hunchback of Notre Dame while cooking dinner. biggrin.gif Well she hates it when I hum/sing any song from any movie, but that song is her most hated. I like the tune itself. Its nice, dark, and deep. I can't sing high pitch.

Anyway, I remember watching All dogs go to heaven at a friends house, but never knew the title, so I couldn't ask my mom about the movie. sad.gif Googled around a couple of months ago and found its name, along with many forgotten others.

My current favorite movie/s this week are Howl's Moving Castle or The Producers. Can't decide which. laugh.gif

all the Disney movies( i am from FL, so i have a huge soft spot for Disney)

Big friendly giant

both care bear movies

and many more

Quest for Camelot anyone?

Swan Princess pwned. Still love that movie cause it was the only Princess movie that didn't wholey obsess over love at first sight. They hated each other at first. Never saw any of the sequels though.

Mulan too obviously and Little Mermaid plus Lion King were my absolute favorites.

Non animated wise my mom loved to have us watch Galaxy Quest, the nerd she was. Basicaly it's Satirical Star Trek. Know there's at least a few others we were obsessed with as kids, but I can't really think of any more.

oh i was going through my movies and one of my favorites was Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland. i loved this movie.

I loved Snow White like A LOT. I watched it every night. (sad I know) I also loved to watch barney (DX),Dora, and The lion king 2.

Edited by Ninetails

I loved just about all the Disney movies as a kid. My favorites were The Lion King, Robin Hood, and Oliver and Company. Talking animals = Win.

I loved Balto and Balto Two: Wolf Quest, because it dealt with wolves, and talking animals.

I loved Babe, but I don't like Babe: Pig In the City. I also liked Charlottes Web.

The old animated Thumbelina was cool, plus the older animated one that was a musical. And the Land Before Time movies were cool, until the more recent ones. The one with the dolphin lost me, and I think one or two before that. :/

I also liked this live-action version of Alice in Wonderland that I had on VHS, but sadly I can't remember it well. I've been wanting to find it on DVD, but no luck. ):

Anyway, I loved a whole bunch of movies as a kid. XD

My new favorite cartoon-ish movie is The Princess and the Frog. I can watch it over and over again. :3

This thread kinda died, but I'ma revive it!

-Lilo and Stitch

-Pokemon

-Digimon

-Pocahontas

-Lion King

-Aladdin

And probably so many more.

When I see the title of this thread, my mind immediately goes to films like Secret of NIMH, Land Before Time, American Tail, and Once Upon a Forest.

Of course, there were also the movies that have fallen into obscurity, some of which are listed on my blog:

Check it out, please

- The "Not Quite Human" series. I looooved this series. Unfortunately, it's fallen into obsurity without any signs of Disney releasing a DVD.

- The Rocketeer. Thankfully, Disney DID release a Blu-Ray of this recently. Unfortunately, they didn't care enough to make it a Blu-Ray/DVD Combo like most Disney DVDs, so I can only watch it once in a great while.

- Hercules. My brother and I watched this so much, we could quote the entire movie.

- Mystery Men. Same as above. Only, I can quote this movie, even today, despite not having seen it in almost 10 years.

- The Lion King/The Lion King: Simba's Pride.

- The Brave Little Toaster

- All Dogs go to Heaven

- The Land Before Time (The original)

- Toy Story

- Balto

- The Cat From Outerspace

- Jurassic Park

I'm sure there was more, but I don't remember all of them. Every once in a while i'll see something that makes me go "I remember I used to love this!". I haven't seen Not Quite Human or it's sequels since the 90's because, as stated above, Disney let the series fall into obscurity. Mystery Men, The Brave Little Toaster, All Dogs go to Heaven, The Land Before Time and Jurassic Park, I haven't seen in years as well. I own the DVDs or Blu-Rays of Hercules, Lion King, Toy Story, The Cat from Outerspace and The Rocketeer.

Oh my gosh, so many memories! I've seen almost all of those older cartoons, and I'd completely forgotten about most of them. One nobody's mentioned yet was the old cartoon version of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I never owned that one, but my parents rented it for me sooooo many times, no matter how cheesy it was.