Imbecamiel

Track number of dragon descriptions reviewed?

maybe a badge as well for X amount revied to make people want to go through it.....hmmm....

maybe a badge as well for X amount revied to make people want to go through it.....hmmm....

I like this idea!

One thing that some people may already realize but is still important to point out is that there'd be no back-data. If I were to implement this, everyone would start at 0 reviewed, even if you've been reviewing since reviewing first came out.

I dont care about that tho, I just think itd be a great way to motivate people as to 'brag' about how many you reveiwed. And may a badge when you get X amount? and maybe another badge as to not stop people from reveiwing or other reward.

That would be great! I could stop having to make tally sheets! rolleyes.gif

Is there any way we could have an indicator on our scrolls to let visitors know which of our dragons are described? I have over 800 dragons but only 7 or 8 with descriptions and it would take hours for someone to click each one looking to see if I'd described them.

Is there any way we could have an indicator on our scrolls to let visitors know which of our dragons are described? I have over 800 dragons but only 7 or 8 with descriptions and it would take hours for someone to click each one looking to see if I'd described them.

I would love this. Maybe the dragon's name would be bolded or something?

Oh Oldie but goodie. I would prefer a way to see a how many descrips are still in my personal queue, but I guess that would be way more complicated. So this could be a nice motivator (and badges are ALWAYS cool).

No my favourite description suggestion (marker, I want a marker) or my second favourite one (descrip mods) but definitely in the top 5. biggrin.gif

Okay! Fail. I totally read the thread wrong and realized it as soon as I posted, so let's try again. smile.gif

I would actually like this! It might be good motivation to get more reviewers actively working on the queue, which desperately needs attention sometimes. Being such an obsessive reviewer, always trying to keep my queue empty, knowing how many I've reviewed would be an extra boost to my feeling of helpfulness.

It makes me kinda sad that there wouldn't be back data though, because I must have reviewed about 10,000 descrips this year or something and having those in the counter would make me feel awesome. wink.gif But obviously I see why that wouldn't be possible.

I just thought about this - would the counter only count accept/rejects or abstains as well? What about abstains without comment - which is basically the "skip" option. I would feel like a cheater if the system counted my skipped descriptions (yeah I sometimes do those) as reviewed...

I just thought about this - would the counter only count accept/rejects or abstains as well? What about abstains without comment - which is basically the "skip" option. I would feel like a cheater if the system counted my skipped descriptions (yeah I sometimes do those) as reviewed...

Maybe it could count Abstains with comments? Because that's still helpful reviewing, but commentless Abstains wouldn't be added to the total because they are the "skip" option.

I don't really describe myself, but I thought that when an author views their comments, commentless Abstains don't show up but those with comments do (correct me if I'm mistaken). So it makes sense for the same distinction to apply to a counter.

Maybe it could count Abstains with comments? Because that's still helpful reviewing, but commentless Abstains wouldn't be added to the total because they are the "skip" option.

I don't really describe myself, but I thought that when an author views their comments, commentless Abstains don't show up but those with comments do (correct me if I'm mistaken). So it makes sense for the same distinction to apply to a counter.

That was my thought exactly - I do a lot of Abstains on my comments, basically all descrips not outrightly breaking rules but still needing more than just one (or two minor) correction(s). So I hope it's possible.

I love this idea! You have my support. The Overall Total/Daily Total sounds like a good format to me, or even simply X many since Y date. It would certainly encourage my numbers-oriented brain to do more reviewing. biggrin.gif

I totally support this!

Knowing how many dragons you've reviewed is motivated, at least for me. it would be better if we have a counter of [reviewed/overall descriptions].But I think it a bit cross the line of mods.

And it's definitely okay for me to start by 0.

I support this. It would be nice to set a goal for myself, and since I just got started on reviewing I wouldn't really mind starting at zero.