Imbecamiel

Track number of dragon descriptions reviewed?

As I was reviewing dragon descriptions the other day, I started to wonder how many I'd actually reviewed, total. Which got me thinking... it would be quite nice if that were tracked, so that we could see how many we'd reviewed.

It's hardly a necessary feature, but if it wouldn't be too difficult to add it seems like it could be helpful. In my experience, it's more fun to work on something like that when you have 1. a sense of accomplishment, and 2. a goal to work toward. Seeing the numbers can give both.

Since Sock has said that comments on the descriptions help her get through them much more quickly when approving, it would seem that a feature that might encourage people to review could be quite helpful. Now I don't have any idea how many people are typically around reviewing - for all I know there could be droves of 'em as it is - but it'd seem the more the merrier, right?

A feature like this wouldn't need to be something big, or cluttering up the scroll, but maybe just a tally that would show up on the page for reviewing descriptions.

I don't know enough about coding to know whether it'd be difficult or practical to add. Just thought I'd put it out there to see whether others think it might be good/helpful. :3

Edited by Imbecamiel

One thing that some people may already realize but is still important to point out is that there'd be no back-data. If I were to implement this, everyone would start at 0 reviewed, even if you've been reviewing since reviewing first came out.

I had assumed that would likely be the case, since there wouldn't have been a particular reason for the site to remember those stats previously.

In some ways, though, it might be more interesting that way - everyone starting out on an even footing, with potential for competition? At any rate, I don't see it being a major drawback to the idea, personally.

Edited by Imbecamiel

There could always be a little note, like "You've reviewed X descriptions since Y date." That way, there'd be no/fewer threads with titles like I'VE BEEN REVIEWING SINCE REVIEWING CAME OUT WHY DOES IT SAY I HAVE 2 WHINEWHINEWHINE

There could always be a little note, like "You've reviewed X descriptions since Y date." That way, there'd be no/fewer threads with titles like I'VE BEEN REVIEWING SINCE REVIEWING CAME OUT WHY DOES IT SAY I HAVE 2 WHINEWHINEWHINE

This.

I like this idea, and don't really see what bad it could cause.

If you go to your dragon's description, there are comments. Example:

Dragon>Actions>Describe:

Accept:

Accept: This is great!

Accept: Wonderful!

Accept: One typo, otherwise great.

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Reject: dis sux stop riting

Abstain: You could mix up your sentence types, but other than that I think this is very good.

tl;dr You can already know how many people have reviewed your description by counting the comments.

Edited by klinneah

Mm, for the record, I would still very much enjoy having this as well. As I said before, it would really help me motivate myself to get on there and review more descriptions to have more of a sense of accomplishment in it. :3

I'd like this. I was keeping track myself this weekend, but having something track in a way which was a bit more authoritative and less prone to error would be cool.

Oooh this would be cool, even with having to start at a blank slate.

Yes, I think this would motivate me a little more into doing reviews. That way I could set a daily goal for myself, like, "Today I'm going to review 50 descriptions!"

Perhaps there can be an overall score, and then a daily one for each day you log on like, directly beneath it?

Yes please!!

I have no idea how many descriptions I reviewed this weekend but at least a few hundred.

It'd be great to have a counter so you could set a goal

Yes please! Starting at zero is fine, because it still tells you how much you've done since x date.

Yes please. I love tracking ANYTHING !

I would like the counter to keep track of [total reviews/reviews done today] format. This way we could have 1 day competitions to see who can review the most or approve the most? ...But then if that happened, then there might be people who approve for the sake of winning named-event....hmm, ok I don't think that'd be a good idea for a competition sad.gif

I support the counter starting at 0.

Would LOVE LOVE LOVE this. I like reviewing descriptions sporadically, but if this were implemented I'd likely sit down to bite great big chunks of ALL THE PERCENTS of descriptions at a time.

Perhaps there can be an overall score, and then a daily one for each day you log on like, directly beneath it?

I think this is the best way of doing it.