Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Is a shimmer with this line worth anything?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/BgUSN

I think the line is quite unusual (Haku Kohakunushi as cb prize) but is a 6th gen and the mother failed its influence. So I don't know if trying to trade it or simply throw it in the AP

Edited by Iside

Personally, that guy is prime material for freezing. I'd trade a couple of common hatchlings, maybe a breed trio for it, but nothing more.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

What are CB green opal Lindwurms going for now? Would two or three be worth a CB silver/gold? or a CB copper?

...I got my last 3 CB green Opals from the AP, so you wouldn't get anything from me tongue.gif

What are CB green opal Lindwurms going for now? Would two or three be worth a CB silver/gold? or a CB copper?

They seem quite common to me nowadays... I won't trade for those, but someone may offer you a CB Blusang for them? IMO chances are slim with Coppers, let alone Golds/Silvers.

If have a cb red or brown copper (or both) how many dinos could I exchange for?

If have a cb red or brown copper (or both) how many dinos could I exchange for?

I'd say 3 each. Lots of people want coppers so you might be better off putting a best offer wins + I accept IOUs

I think 1:1 is very fair, 2-3 I'd say is way overpricing.

As for Blue Opals, it depends because I think players are going to want a CB (if at all) if they're new to the game or one of those players that like to freeze CBs because when opals came out everyone kept thinking they could get a color swap and kept abandoning their purple opals into the AP.

@Mirjana: It doesn't matter if it comes directly form a CB Prize if it's long and have no clear lineage pattern. I would not expect a CB Blusang for that Holly offspring.

actually I disagree, though you may have trouble finding people willing to trade for it when it isn't christmas time.

I haven't seen a dragon who's parent is a cb prize and then not have the dragon be second gen. Perhaps you should make an arrow mate using similar colors to make a matching mate.

I'd say 3 each. Lots of people want coppers so you might be better off putting a best offer wins + I accept IOUs

Thanks hon smile.gif

actually I disagree, though you may have trouble finding people willing to trade for it when it isn't christmas time.

I haven't seen a dragon who's parent is a cb prize and then not have the dragon be second gen. Perhaps you should make an arrow mate using similar colors to make a matching mate.

You might want to have a look at this tongue.gif This is not the only case, I remember a CB Prize (can't find it now) that only produces with a dragon with a spiral...

I, oddly enough, have CB '09 and '10 valentine dragons, but I'm missing the most recent three. Is it fair to swap 2gen eggs from mine for 2gen eggs from the others?

And what are 2gen '09 and '10 valentines worth in terms of non-holiday swaps?

(I see there's a recent post about trading for valentines, but it doesn't specify value.)

Thanks!

I, oddly enough, have CB '09 and '10 valentine dragons, but I'm missing the most recent three. Is it fair to swap 2gen eggs from mine for 2gen eggs from the others?

And what are 2gen '09 and '10 valentines worth in terms of non-holiday swaps?

(I see there's a recent post about trading for valentines, but it doesn't specify value.)

Thanks!

It's fair

Thad depends on the mate, and when Sweetling are in question whether it's alt Sweetling or regular one.

You might want to have a look at this tongue.gif This is not the only case, I remember a CB Prize (can't find it now) that only produces with a dragon with a spiral...

This one? wink.gif

Not sure if this would be worth much maybe a 2 pairs of common CB hatchies?

Edited by rrattts

I just caught a CB gold. (Yes, still cannot believe it myself.) I'm probably (that is 99.99% certain) that I'm keeping it, but will ask anyway: I can trade t for just about anything, right? CB NDs, multiples of a bunch of other rare stuff, and 2nd gen prizes.

Also, what CB hatchies are worth anything these days? BSAs, Blacks, vines, whites? Also, if any CB hatchies are worth something, what do they usually go for?

I just caught a CB gold. (Yes, still cannot believe it myself.) I'm probably (that is 99.99% certain) that I'm keeping it, but will ask anyway: I can trade t for just about anything, right? CB NDs, multiples of a bunch of other rare stuff, and 2nd gen prizes.

Also, what CB hatchies are worth anything these days? BSAs, Blacks, vines, whites? Also, if any CB hatchies are worth something, what do they usually go for?

CB golds go for 1 ND or 2-3 cb silvers, you won't get a 2nd gen prize no matter how many cb metals because most/all of the lists are full.

BSA hatchies are worth the most, depends on who's asking really as there is no set value it's just that most people don't have it on hand. I usually trade a dino for 3 red hatchies but I would raise the price if I was taking IOUs for that. Other cb hatchies usually go for swaps of the same rarity. In other words a hybrid for a hybrid but you won't get cb metals for a cb common hatchie.

@rrattts Good news is that's one of the newer holiday alts and more coveted. Bad news is that its a stair step. I'd say your asking price of 4 common hatchlings is fair, personally I'd look for pretty lineages to trade for instead because more people interested in lineages would want that white but that's more of a personal preference. biggrin.gif

Edited by Sarah864

NDs are hard to do, so if you get lucky, might get 2 of them.

Multiples of blusangs/trios/dinos:yes. Though the exact amount will vary greatly on which you want exactly.

2g prizes: no. Would call it a good deal if you nab a 3g.

That aside, I disagree on the 3 silvers above. You won't find a trade like that, its wishful thinking.

I will have to disagree with your disagreement. If you have trouble trying to find people that are willing to wait until Christmas to trade off your holly offspring, it is because most are trying to hold out for a nicer, 2-breed, stairstep/EG, shorter line possible that they themselves can continue.

As well as the part of the CB Prize, I was about to post the one Jon's posted, but it was already posted so yeah.... >__>; I see that other lines involved a CB Prize that didn't produce a 2g as well. I guess you've been exposed to others now, eh?

A CB Prize being bred to a stairstep, especially a multi-breed, doesn't increase value. It'll generally decrease value. We can see that with other lines like EG metallics that involves multiple different breeds whether it is EG, SS, or spiral. I'll say this again, sure it's cool and whatnot, but it's just not what the average trader is looking for when it comes to both holidays and prizes. The thing I don't understand sometimes is when someone gets something "cool" and expects to make offspring for lots. The thing wrong with it the most is when a player that continues down the Brightpink and Gold Tinsel CBs (assuming here we're going to try and keep it a SS) the average player will feel it isn't "perfect" because they cannot provide either the pink or the Gold Tinsel and even if they do not wish to continue down that path, the next person who gets it will be stuck with it and either does not have the bright pink or the gold tinsel. And yes, you can try and replicate with a gold/pink, but as I said earlier, it's that feeling of "incompleteness" that will stick to that owner's heart -- mainly because of that CB Gold Tinsel.

Also I'd like to quote:

It's still a nice line. I'd want at least 2 of those for its offspring, especially if I choose a quality dragon for its mother.

^This was replied back to me when I was saying how they shouldn't expect a single CB Blusang. To me when they said "least", it indicated to me that their high price was somewhere in the range of 5-6 CB Blusangs and the middle was 3 CB Blusangs with a little extra nice things to 4 CB Blusangs for that middle-high and lemme tell you, that's about CB Copper Level in terms of a "fair" trade (middle-high).

Lineage (lightly used):

CB > EG > Stairstep > Spiral > Multibreed > Wave/Arrowhead > Inbred > Messy

Generation:

CB > 2g > 3g > 4g > 5g > 6g > 7g > 8g > so on....

I'm not saying they can't get something nice for it, just they shouldn't expect such a high level of value. Something like a Chicken would be more than reasonable, imo.

Not sure if this would be worth much maybe a 2 pairs of common CB hatchies?

For a 3g SS White descended from a Spriter alt's Grave I would /think/ 3 CB Hatchies is fair as long as you're not requiring them to be gendered by the time you pick them up. o-o I could be wrong on this one though lol.

First grats on the catch! smile.gif Not about everything, you will 99.99% probably not find a CB Owner that will go out of their way to PM you about wanting to trade their offspring off their CB Prize for that CB Gold. Hell if you look at the trading sections more people are willing to give a CB gold for a 3g prize and even they have troubles finding one lol. As for NDs... You'd be VERY lucky if someone offered you 2 even if they're messy lineaged (lineaged eggs tend to be harder to turn). There just aren't that many people making NDs and the ones that do usually just keep em. You're better off just arranging a trade with a good trust-worthy ND experimenter in the long run than get your hopes up for a few days to return to no offers.

As for CB hatchies Seasonals usually are pretty hot especially beginning of season. Blacks I like using as trade fodder for new release eggs at 1:1 ratio. Vines don't do very well at all. As for BSAs, generally people don't care about the lineage and when they do they prefer either CB or nicely lineaged (and trust me they will still take nicely lineaged if they have no choice). I don't think CB Whites are in "demand" right now either :3 You should check someone's profile out to see what they like and see what they hoard because that's probably what they like compared to another user.

As for NDs... You'd be VERY lucky if someone offered you 2 even if they're messy lineaged (lineaged eggs tend to be harder to turn). There just aren't that many people making NDs and the ones that do usually just keep em.

I have to agree this time and some prizewinners are looking for NDs too, so there's definitely a pretty good demand.

I have a couple of questions.

I'm in need of the following lineages, and wanted to know what I could ask for each of them;

2nd gen ICE, from male Silver and female Ice. Someone very awesome glomped me an eggie. Thanks a bunch! biggrin.gif

2nd gen Red Dorsal from female Silver and Male Red Dorsal.

2nd gen white from white winged Snow angels.

I know I could just go to breeding-gifting, but I don't want to abuse their charity. People have helped me a bunch in the past and I know how generous they are, which is awesome, smile.gif.

Edited by DragonNighthowler

Would it be a fair trade to trade a 2G PB Alt Black for a 2G PB Alt Vine, and vice versa?

Would it be a fair trade to trade a 2G PB Alt Black for a 2G PB Alt Vine, and vice versa?

Generally in trades, Blacks>Alts. It would still be a fair trade (as prices aren't set), but adding something extra, like a CB common/BSA hatchling would increase the likelihood of the trade when someone's selling an alt vine. Vice versa, if you're selling an alt black, you might want to ask for a bit extras to balance off the trade.

What would these three eggs be worth, all together?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/HwX8d

http://dragcave.net/lineage/OEgDe

http://dragcave.net/lineage/7OJjD

Will I get more (total) if I trade them as a group (what I'm leaning towards) or individually?

Depends what you are searching for. If you are trying for something like CB metal or a 2nd gen prize, I'd suggest you first hatch them and then try to trade them as a group (especially with Valentine's being so close - everyone wants their egg space). For anything else, they'd go for more individually.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

Is this a fair swap?

1. 2G Arsani from CB Arsani x CB Nhio (2014 V-day breeding)

2. 2G Arsani from an unrelated pair of CB Arsani x CB gold (2014 V-day breeding)

3. 2G Gold from CB Arsani x CB gold

FOR

1. 2G 09 from CB 09 x CB Nhio (2014 V-day breeding)

2. 2G Marrow from an unrelated CB 09 x CB Marrow (2014 Halloween breeding)

3. 2G Red from CB Frill (m) x CB red

4. 2G Red from CB frill (f) x CB red

Thank you!

What are second gen golds/silvers worth? And which breeds are best? (In general, other than looking at specific wishlists.)

In regards to that, do more people want something X male gold, or something X female gold?

And what are 2nd gen coppers worth, especially CB ones? Are 2nd gens from holidays worth much, or are there some specific breeds that go well with specific holidays?

What are 2nd gen Valentines worth?