Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

My turn! I'm on the list for a 2nd gen silver shimmer *excited* biggrin.gif but I have to choose a mate and I mainly want it to trade offsprings. If I chose a grave as a mate would the value of offsprings decrease or increase? I could go with Nhio and do a pair with http://dragcave.net/lineage/ECijQ as a safer bet....

I'm pretty sure Nhios breed as poorly as Black Teas/Black Caps/Salties so I'd advise against that Dx

People generally don't like holiday lines (although I don't mind some) so I also think it would be a poor choice to choose Grave as a mate if you're looking to trade most offsprings.

I have 2 CB winter eggs and a CB tan ridgewing. Combined, any chance at a CB metal? Or any other prospects? I managed to trade a CB tan ridgewing for a 4th gen tinsel just today, so there is that.

How many CB blusang hatchlings would a CB green copper egg be worth?

Bump

I'm pretty sure Nhios breed as poorly as Black Teas/Black Caps/Salties so I'd advise against that Dx

People generally don't like holiday lines (although I don't mind some) so I also think it would be a poor choice to choose Grave as a mate if you're looking to trade most offsprings.

I have been lucky enough also and very unsure what to request when the time comes - it is a shame holidays are not liked more..

I have been lucky enough also and very unsure what to request when the time comes - it is a shame holidays are not liked more..

It's not that no one likes them. The fact is the older the holidays are, the less people can continue them. That also means that less people is willing to trade for them. And, since they can't give any other offspring but a shimmer/tinsel they become really common really fast.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

It's not that no one likes them. The fact is the older the holidays are less people can continue them. That also means that less people is willing to trade for them. And, since they can't give any other offspring but a shimmer/tinsel they become really common really fast.

ah that makes a lot of sense - I obviously did not think things through at all when years back chose my 2nd gen tinsel x snow angel and no CB - still managed nice trades and lift of limits has helped smile.gif

I have 2 CB winter eggs and a CB tan ridgewing. Combined, any chance at a CB metal? Or any other prospects? I managed to trade a CB tan ridgewing for a 4th gen tinsel just today, so there is that.

You might be able to get a copper with the right people, but I honestly don't think you could get any better than that.

So, what do you guys think a CB terrae is worth?

I mean, I'm tired of waiting till the forest biome moves and I can get my hands on one. I wondered what people would be looking for that they'd be willing to trade a terrae for it.

@Titinian: 2 cb winters and a CB Tan ridgewing isn't half the price (or even a third) for a CB Metal. I really don't think you'll even get a copper for them. MAYBE a CB Blusang, but really more so because of the Tan Ridgewing.

@Both CB Coppers and CB Blusang prices are/keep changing, it's really hard to determine because CB Green Coppers used to go for 1:1 for a CB Gold and 1:2 for a CB Silver. Same for CB Blusang at the start for a CB Metal (so I was told), then they dropped, then they went for CB Metal again, then they dropped to CB Trio level, but being just slightly worth more due to sprite being favorable. Right now if you're wanting to I would say a fair trade would be 5 CB Blusangs for a CB Green Copper. Be prepared on both ends to be sitting for a bite.

@Lila: When I was new to trading -- more like site -- about 2 months (so roughly 5 months ago) I was kicking myself for not accepting a 3g Silver Shimmer x Ribbon Dancer line + CB Summer Egg for my CB Silver. Now that I've been playing and estimating trade values more, I am very glad I never accepted it due to the reason of me not being able to continue it AND because people generally don't like holiday lines.

@Sarah: Holiday lines will decrease value on prize lines. Same with EG unfortunately (There are some really nice EG lines, but they're hard to continue past 4-5g). Unfortunately, reading your post, I am getting a vibe you want the best out of your 2g Silver Shimmer, but at the same time you still want it to look pretty/amazing to you which is one the problem with most trades containing "lineaged" dragons. :/

@CrockTurtle: I have no clue what a long lineaged Gold is going to get you, it's not a perfect stair either which will decrease value. Also having "440" in the code doesn't really make it more valuable. I guess it would, to people that value the number "440", but there's probably going to be a very small group of people that do value it. The 3g Gold won't go for much either, 3g metals just aren't worth near as what a 2g metals are worth and even those apply to a pretty in the middle group of traders. The 2g Gold is worth the most so that's good news! xd.png I would value that at a Unbreedable because the code sounds like a pretty name -- in fact I took it for one of my CB Female Golds lol -- but at the same time a gold x common/uncommon would be worth more because it wouldn't require you to use up 2 cb golds. You should PM Becka and see what she'll pay for it, and I certainly don't think she minds me telling you since I've always seen her trying to trade some nice things for PB Golds. I'm not sure if the code would matter to her (cause to some traders names matter and codes don't) so that's something you should talk about. As for the 4th one, I don't think code hunters will look for codes that take a lot of thinking to form a word. Also it's 4g and there's nothing really clear about it which decreases value.

All and all, I don't think you'll get something like a CB Copper if that's what you're looking for. Personally, questions like "What is (insert all items listed) worth" have so many answers. If the questions could be broken down to something like "Is it likely I can trade (Items here) for (Item wanted here)?" or "If I want something like (Item wanted here), should I offer my (items here) for it?". It would make it a lot easier to give opinions.

EDIT:

Lol looks like you found someone that likes the code "440" Crock. xd.png Take its nao!

@Dragon: I believe you asked this question before and I answered. CB Terraes should be in the AP (I like using them for ND exps so I should know lol) so you can easily get one. The problem is though, I don't see much people just having a CB Terrae hatchie on scroll and wanting something like CB Uncommons/commons (unless you want to count CB Red Dorsals/CB Gold Wyverns/CB Tan Ridgewings as uncommon because to me they more fit so in the rare category) because basically any other uncommon CB Is in the AP and they can grab it themselves.

Btw, if it's not too much. Can I ask why you need so much Terraes for? I'm assuming PB breeder, but not too sure of that. o.o I mean I could assume IOUs/checkers/ever lasting stair/too much refusals with Terraes/ect, but I'd go with PB breeder lol.

Edited by Saynna

Blaaaah. Phooey. I like graves... :C Great now I have absolutely no idea what to choose for a mate. I'm on the list for a thuwed nhio so I'm going to avoid that since the fails won't be worth as much. unsure.gif

Anyways, @Crockturtle566 the cb trio offer is probably the best one you'll get. Only the 2nd gen gold is really worth something the others are long stairs and the silver is an imperfect checker.

@DragonNighthowler Just get one from the AP instead. They're not worth much at all. If I was in your shoes and I didn't want to wait I'd offer a cb tsunami or bsa for one.

@Oasis cb green coppers are going for cb silvers now so I'd say the same number 6-7 applies. However, many people don't realize that since the value of cb blusangs fluctuates so you're better off asking how many cb blusangs a person wants. If you're trading FOR blusangs just say "best offer wins" and chances are people will offer more than 6.

@titinian.masquarade It's unlikely. Cb winters aren't too popular unless as hatchlings, I'd trade them for 4th gen tinsels and look for cb brown or red coppers. You miiiiight get a cb silver but probably not.

Edit: Swiped! Jeez Saynna, fast typer much tongue.gif

Edited by Sarah864

Blaaaah. Phooey. I like graves... :C Great now I have absolutely no idea what to choose for a mate. I'm on the list for a thuwed nhio so I'm going to avoid that since the fails won't be worth as much.  unsure.gif

So I was right! biggrin.gif Go intuition and deductive reasoning skills! >:D

@edit post: I can type in the range of 100 words per minute lol. I took a computers class and I always managed 95-121 WPM (words per minute). xd.png

EDIT: Managed* Bleh, I've been having so much typos lately -.-;

Edited by Saynna

Ok thanks guys for letting me know! I'm going to most likely gift the sliver and try to find someone who will continue the 3rd gen staircase. As for the dorkface With 440 I'm going to try to get some other offers then a cb trio as I don't really like them. Latsy I have no idea what to do with other then post it in code trading and see what I get.

Ok thanks guys for letting me know! I'm going to most likely gift the sliver and try to find someone who will continue the 3rd gen staircase. As for the dorkface With 440 I'm going to try to get some other offers then a cb trio as I don't really like them. Latsy I have no idea what to do with other then post it in code trading and see what I get.

Trade for the trio and then trade for what you want.

So I was right! biggrin.gif Go intuition and deductive reasoning skills! >:D

Oh please, since when am I NOT looking for pretty lineages and good trades? rolleyes.gif and 100 words per minute? blink.gif I still type with two fingers while looking at the keyboard.

I'm having a really hard time getting a handle on the value of CB Green Coppers - I've seen people asking for CB Red Coppers in exchange (which seems low), and people asking for 2-3G Shimmers (which seems really high). Are they as valuable as a CB Silver? I'm not sure if I want to trade mine, but I'm tempted if that's a fair exchange.

Hey, I bet you most wouldn't have thought like me. lol. I just thought you were more interested in getting pretty lineages and then trying to profit off it. xd.png Also yeah, 100 I'd say is below my average really. The problem is, on here I have to think of what I'll say, but in the computers class it's all up on the screen so I can type to my heart's content. Though I'd have to say it's because I go on YA (yahoo answers) and I help deal with people's relationship problems with their boyfriends/girlfriends/wives/husbands (keep in mind I'm 16 and have been doing so since I was 13) and I typically have very long answers depending on how serious the question is. Especially when it comes to abuse.

@Little-Lark: It's silly, but people can ask for whatever they want. Lol Like I could ask for 2 CB Golds for a CB Mint. xd.png Really there's nothing wrong with asking that, but be prepared that people will secretly think "I think they're a noob, no way they'll get that!". I mean you COULD get that, but the odds are CONSIDERABLY LOW. Or a better example might be buying a pencil for 50 cents and trying to get $100 bucks for it. See what I mean? lol

As for the copper part. CB Green coppers used to go for 1 CB Gold, but they have dropped in value, imo. You can get 1 cb green copper for 1 cb silver, though I don't think a fair trade would be 2 cb green copper for 1 cb silver at all and I wouldn't doubt people will start trying to get lower because when prices drop, people will try and make it drop more.

In all honesty, I've assumed that Green Opals and Coppers would decrease in value (I've also said at one point when Green Opals were rare they were worth CB metal/par on CB Coppers) and become more common. It seems on both accounts I've been right and I do believe Coppers are going to continue dropping in value (and more common), but much slower than the Green Opals have. I'm still waiting since I don't really like Copper sprites. xd.png But however, if you trade it and it goes super-rare again don't blame me. .__. I'm just telling you what they're worth NOW. xd.png Blusangs keep going common to rare to common to rare and back to common.

Edited by Saynna

In all honesty, I've assumed that Green Opals and Coppers would decrease in value (I've also said at one point when Green Opals were rare they were worth CB metal/par on CB Coppers) and become more common. It seems on both accounts I've been right and I do believe Coppers are going to continue dropping in value (and more common), but much slower than the Green Opals have. I'm still waiting since I don't really like Copper sprites. xd.png But however, if you trade it and it goes super-rare again don't blame me. .__. I'm just telling you what they're worth NOW. xd.png Blusangs keep going common to rare to common to rare and back to common.

*nods* I think the only reason Coppers have held their value longer is because 1) they're a metal and people are metal-crazy round here and 2) they're regular dragons, not a breed with a restricted pool of mates.

I totally enjoyed trading green Opals for silly things (like CB metals or 3rd gen Prizes) when they were really hard to get, but now you can grab them from the AP with a little patience...

Is CB Winter worth of CB Cheese? I traded 1 for Cheese, was i just lucky or is this common?

That's a bad trade sad.gif cb winters aren't too hard to get, the only difficulty is in the beginning because many people want to get started on their lineages right away.

That's a bad trade sad.gif cb winters aren't too hard to get, the only difficulty is in the beginning because many people want to get started on their lineages right away.

If its bad, do i have to give the cheese back? sad.gif

Nah tongue.gif Normally I'd say 2 cb winters at least for a cheese but many people hate unbreedables. Plus, lots of winter lineage breeders want to stock up on cb winters right away so they don't mind paying extra and unbreedables are pretty much useless to them. For example, someone was trading 4th gen tinsels for 1-2 cb winters. So while it's not necessary the trade value but what people want. You were lucky. smile.gif

Edited by Sarah864

Speaking of unbreedables, how are Chickens doing? I caught one the other day and I was considering keeping it, but there are a few 5th gen Tinsels up for trade for a Chicken, 2:1. (Tinsels:Chicken)

Chickens and papers are the most desired of unbreedables. I hear a paper can go for 1 4th gen tinsel so I wouldnt trade for it unless you like the lines. It's not a bad trade since it's 2:1, even though its 5th gen, but you could look for something specific.

If its bad, do i have to give the cheese back? sad.gif

I wouldn't say it's bad, just not a trade most people would take. Both Cheeses and Winters are quite easy to catch.

@Sarah, I haven't seen a time where Cheeses have been desirable.

Edited by Erica8798