Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

However, I have also offered about 10-18 CB metals on the trade threads post metal boom but no bites so they are priceless.

That's because, as far as I know, CB Prize owners don't go around PMing people. They let people come to them.

What gen shimmer/tinsel should I look for for my cb silver?

I'd say 3rd gen, definitely. However, it isn't guaranteed that you'll get an offer, especially if you're aiming for a non-IOU trade. But personally I think taking a 4th gen one would be unfair to you, 4th gens normally go for a lot less (I usually trade mine for Paper hatchies 1:1). It might be better in case of a 4th gen Shimmer rather than Tinsel, but still, doesn't sound like a nice deal to me.

I'd say 3rd gen, definitely. However, it isn't guaranteed that you'll get an offer, especially if you're aiming for a non-IOU trade. But personally I think taking a 4th gen one would be unfair to you, 4th gens normally go for a lot less (I usually trade mine for Paper hatchies 1:1). It might be better in case of a 4th gen Shimmer rather than Tinsel, but still, doesn't sound like a nice deal to me.

It depends. I've traded many 4G Shimmers for CB metals.

As time goes by I expect that 4th gen shimmers will be one of the first to lose their value.

It depends. I've traded many 4G Shimmers for CB metals.

1:1 trades for Coppers seem a bit less extreme to me, I still don't think that asking for a CB Gold/Silver Metal in exchange for a 4th gen is fair enough xd.png For Sarah864, it would certainly be better to *look* for 3rd gen offers, unless she sees a 4th gen up for trade which she can't resist or something. Just my opinion, of course smile.gif

Edited by ZzelaBusya

1:1 trades for Coppers seem a bit less extreme to me, I still don't think that asking for a CB Gold/Silver Metal in exchange for a 4th gen is fair enough xd.png For Sarah864, it would certainly be better to *look* for 3rd gen offers, unless she sees a 4th gen up for trade which she can't resist or something. Just my opinion, of course smile.gif

*shrug* They're the ones who offer... xd.png I don't normally ask for them, I think.

@VampiricOmen: Aww, thanks that made my day. Just woke up to that. xd.png

@Tjeken: Does "Rarity" now about lines really matter -that much-? I think really the main factors that make a shimmer -- actually any prize -- worth anything is mainly on color, type of prize, and generation. Rarity is ONLY going to apply to a much smaller group of people than the variables I mentioned. Let me use these three dragons as an example:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/97Kn5

http://dragcave.net/lineage/8ZOWD

http://dragcave.net/lineage/8HNhI

The first one you can say is pretty common, yet I've been able to get:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/ajVh3

http://dragcave.net/lineage/NiVqM

http://dragcave.net/lineage/lqj8H

http://dragcave.net/lineage/hMFaq

The second one is a Tinsel, yet it's a descendant of a spriter alt'. Let's see what I've been able to get for it:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/x17qo

15x BSA ER hatchies from 4 different people. Total = 60.

The 3rd one is the most common, but let's look at what I've been able to get for that as well:

15x BSA ER Hatchies from 8 different people. Total = 120.

1x 2g Rosebud from Rosebud x Silver, 1x 2g Silver from Silver x Rosebud, 5x pink near ER hatchies.

Yeah, so common lines that are 4g still have -a lot- of potential of yielding a CB metal by themselves. Though the more interesting points made out here is the Tinsel and Bronze Shimmer. Now when I put the Shimmer and Tinsel out at the same time on a FB group revolving around DC, I got more trade IOUs offering on my Bronze Shimmer than my Tinsel for ER low timed BSAs. I had originally asked for 15x BSAs ER hatchies to be on list for either one and replies came in FAST that I had to close off any more people being on either list in 6 hours. Shimmer was in 4 hours and the Tinsel I decided to just end earlier on. How come a much, much, MUCH more common line had received TWICE the amount of offers than the other which was much rarer? How is it that I've been able to get a CB Metal for that Tinsel and have not yet been able to get a single one for the Shimmer? I got a CB Metal for the tinsel solely on it being a descendant from Penk. The Silver part helped quite a bit. Rarity? I really don't think so.

1) Generation

2) Color

3) Descendant

4) Prize-type

5) Rarity

^That's how I rank the value of a prize. Honestly, I don't trade for rarity and I don't make deals based off rarity. I make deals -- when it comes to prizes -- if I can profit off their offspring or if I can actually use them in a lineage project. I think rarity only applies to another small group of people that are already established. =/ Also, I don't really think a prize collector is going to go and find 2-4g's prizes and pay for CB Metal each time. To me it seems it'd be a lot better for them to get higher gens of these "rare lines" as they're generally free. Also, I do believe when anyone says "RARE LINED PRIZE" it often drives away people from that prize as it is intimidation/gives the vibe they're wanting something pretty overpriced for their prize. I really have no problems filling a list of people wanting to trade CB Metals for my common lined 3g Gold Shimmer offspring and once my tinsels and bronze shimmers gets their lists lowered (as well as a few others), I'll be able to trade their offspring for a CB Metal and I am fairly confident I will be successful in that.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, there seems to be a metal rush in the cave? (I'm not an active hunter at the moment due to school work) That would surely increase the odds. And it's not like VampiricOmen is offering just 1x 4g Tinsel. They're offering 2x 4g Tinsels, 1 Paper, and 1 CB Red Copper. Even if you don't want the others they can be trade fodder. Now the trade fodder can be used in any combination. With everything presented in VampiricOmen's list, I wouldn't say any of these are bad trade fodder. They're all very good trade fodder, imo.

This is why I thought VampiricOmen would be paying a more than fair offer. The CB Red Copper really tops it off.

@Tjeken: Does "Rarity" now about lines really matter -that much-?

Short answer: yeah. I also remember the "good old" days of getting amazing offers for any shimmer you put up. I had multiple CB metals offered on the first 5th-gen shimmerscale I put up for auction (still remember how amazed I was by that!)

But that was a long time ago in dragon years. :-) People who want an old prize dragon just to have one, without caring about lineage, are not going to spend a CB metal accomplishing that; they could pick a long-lineaged prize up for just a red hatchling or something. And people who do care about the lineages almost never want a duplicate of a lineage they already own.

So it's not like people are sitting around being snooty, saying "Ew, I don't want THAT dragon, its lineage is so common." What they're saying is "Oh nevermind, I already have that pairing" and looking elsewhere for a trade. The more common the lineage is, the greater percentage of traders are going to be saying that. And the more tinsels you group together in a trade code, the lower chance you have of bumping into somebody who's interested in ALL of them.

And that's why you should give a different trade link to each prize dragon you have for trade. It's a LOT easier to trade one tinsel than a group of tinsels. You can still get a great deal for a 4th-gen tinsel sometimes-- definitely for a 4th-gen shimmer-- but only if you can find a trading partner who doesn't own that lineage yet! :-)

Edited by tjekan

Do you think it's fair to ask a 2nd gen silver x holiday for a 4th gen shimmer x holiday?

Just for completeness, I wanted to let you know that for this trade I got an offer of a cb blue opal + cb ice + 3rd gen copper (that I had to decline because I didn't had so many places on scroll, I may have accepted it with the opal + ice alone instead!) and then finally an offer of the 2nd gen silver i was hoping for smile.gif

Alright. If I were to split the trades, ideally what type of egg or hatchling can I request that I will be able to trade for something of higher value once consolidated? I would very much like to get a CB Silver out of the trade if I can. I thought a bunch of eggs on my trade might be a deterrent, I certainly balk at trades with more eggs (forever egg locked), haha. If this trade was for myself I wouldn't be trying quite as hard. xd.png

Would asking for two CB Blusangs per 4G Tinsel be reasonable? Maybe a CB Copper (Green, Red?) for both? I remember someone, Saynna I think? Saying that 6 CB Blusangs is a reasonable trade for a CB Silver (or Gold?). If that trade value still applies, that still leaves me short 1 Blusang if I do get takers, or 3 if I just ask for a 1:1 trade. But the CB Red Copper is still quite valuable from what I understand, certainly not 1:1 for a Silver, but up there?

Apologies if you were not the person who stated the amount of Blusangs for a Metal, Saynna.

It's just a bit confusing for me, as I don't usually take stock in rarity of lines. If I like a line, I don't mind if there's 50 others out there like it. I don't usually trade my Prizes, I tend to gift or swap them so values aren't something I'm up to date with all the time. This thread has been a fantastic resource however, and I am grateful for the combined knowledge present in it.

From what I've gathered by this thread, the following is true?

A 2G Prize is worth multiple Metallics regardless of mate, and 2G Hollies.

A 3G Prize varies, usually a CB Copper can be traded for one of these, perhaps two for a Shimmer.

A 4G Prize can get you CB Blusang/s, Paper, CB Seasonals, Dino, 2G Metals. A CB Metal if the trader is after that line.

A 5G Prize may get you a Paper, CB Blusang or CB Seasonals, but usually swaps, certain bred eggs, CB Uncommons or BSA hatchlings are more reliable?

This is where I raise the little white flag, trading has so many nuances I'm yet to even learn. Now is a good as time as any to begin though. smile.gif

Alright. If I were to split the trades, ideally what type of egg or hatchling can I request that I will be able to trade for something of higher value once consolidated? I would very much like to get a CB Silver out of the trade if I can. I thought a bunch of eggs on my trade might be a deterrent, I certainly balk at trades with more eggs (forever egg locked), haha. If this trade was for myself I wouldn't be trying quite as hard. xd.png

Would asking for two CB Blusangs per 4G Tinsel be reasonable? Maybe a CB Copper (Green, Red?) for both? I remember someone, Saynna I think? Saying that 6 CB Blusangs is a reasonable trade for a CB Silver (or Gold?). If that trade value still applies, that still leaves me short 1 Blusang if I do get takers, or 3 if I just ask for a 1:1 trade. But the CB Red Copper is still quite valuable from what I understand, certainly not 1:1 for a Silver, but up there?

Apologies if you were not the person who stated the amount of Blusangs for a Metal, Saynna.

It's just a bit confusing for me, as I don't usually take stock in rarity of lines. If I like a line, I don't mind if there's 50 others out there like it. I don't usually trade my Prizes, I tend to gift or swap them so values aren't something I'm up to date with all the time. This thread has been a fantastic resource however, and I am grateful for the combined knowledge present in it.

From what I've gathered by this thread, the following is true?

A 3G Prize varies, usually a CB Copper can be traded for one of these, perhaps two for a Shimmer.

A 4G Prize can get you CB Blusang/s, Paper, CB Seasonals, Dino, 2G Metals. A CB Metal if the trader is after that line.

A 5G Prize may get you a Paper, CB Blusang or CB Seasonals, but usually swaps, certain bred eggs, CB Uncommons or BSA hatchlings are more reliable?

This is where I raise the little white flag, trading has so many nuances I'm yet to even learn. Now is a good as time as any to begin though. smile.gif

This entire conversation pains me so much because I have a cb silver and I want a low gen shimmer/tinsel BUT I'm only interested in even gens. AAAAGGGGHHHH. Ahem. Anyways, I say you can get a cb metal out of the trade, not only because you're including a cb copper but also because you have penk descendants. IF you choose to trade separately because different lines and whatnot (it can make a difference depending on the person) then go for cb coppers, preferably green. Stay away from blusangs, their value is far too risky and trading for cb golds/silves takes a while. Am I correct in assuming this is for a Secret Santa? I believe I read that earlier but I'm too lazy to go back and check. If it is just pm me and I can set up trade posts for you if you want, I tend to have good luck with these things EXCEPT when trading for specific lineages.

This entire conversation pains me so much because I have a cb silver and I want a low gen shimmer/tinsel BUT I'm only interested in even gens. AAAAGGGGHHHH. Ahem. Anyways, I say you can get a cb metal out of the trade, not only because you're including a cb copper but also because you have penk descendants. IF you choose to trade separately because different lines and whatnot (it can make a difference depending on the person) then go for cb coppers, preferably green. Stay away from blusangs, their value is far too risky and trading for cb golds/silves takes a while. Am I correct in assuming this is for a Secret Santa? I believe I read that earlier but I'm too lazy to go back and check. If it is just pm me and I can set up trade posts for you if you want, I tend to have good luck with these things EXCEPT when trading for specific lineages.

I'm not sure if I specified anything other than saying it was for a gift, but you are spot on in assuming this is for Secret Santa. I would very much appreciate assistance, although I will take that to pm as to not derail the thread, thank you for offering!

I hope that you are able to find those even gens, they seem to be quite elusive in the world of Prize trading.

On topic, I would not doubt that Blusangs are a volatile trade item. So far my trades with those as my offer have only been for gender swaps/hatchling to egg swaps, but I find they aren't quite as rare as they used to be.

Alright. If I were to split the trades, ideally what type of egg or hatchling can I request that I will be able to trade for something of higher value once consolidated? I would very much like to get a CB Silver out of the trade if I can.

In my opinion, you'd have better luck trading each 4th-gen tinsel for a CB copper than you would trading both of them for a CB silver. I've seen people offering a CB silver for two CB coppers recently, so acquiring a second copper could get you there.

I really don't think DC trading is super-complicated, but the fact that people really aren't interested in duplicate prize lineages is one that seems to escape notice sometimes. The avid tinsel traders who are the most likely to pay high prices for a tinsel (*raises hand*) are also the ones it's hardest to breed tinsels for, because we've already accumulated so many lineages. I'd trade you a CB copper right now for a 4th-gen tinsel I don't have, and I might even trade a CB silver if I had one on hand, but I wouldn't do more than skim a trade for a lineage I already have.

This entire conversation pains me so much because I have a cb silver and I want a low gen shimmer/tinsel BUT I'm only interested in even gens. AAAAGGGGHHHH.

If you're interested in a 4th-gen even-gen prize dragon, you should edit your trade post. Right now it says LESS than 4th-gen, so your post is only speaking to people who own a 2nd-gen prize, which is still a very limited pool! :-)

Edited by tjekan

Okay, well you are still avoiding other points I made and you're only continuing down the "Line is too common" path.

Honestly, if I could make the same deal for my 3g Gold Shimmer, I'd definitely do it 10x because it brings GREAT revenue. And again only older, established players are going to care about lineages. Even if I couldn't get CB Metals the next thing I'd aim for are Coppers and Blusangs (more of blusangs, I really don't like Coppers) and that is still very much worth it.

People who want an old prize dragon just to have one, without caring about lineage, are not going to spend a CB metal accomplishing that; they could pick a long-lineaged prize up for just a red hatchling or something.

We're not talking about people who want an old prize dragon, we're talking about people who want a low gen prize dragon. You are only going to be repeating after me if you're going to say "long-lineaged prize up for just a red hatchling or something". And I am getting the feeling you didn't really read all that was posted.

"I think rarity only applies to another small group of people that are already established. =/ Also, I don't really think a prize collector is going to go and find 2-4g's prizes and pay for CB Metal each time. To me it seems it'd be a lot better for them to get higher gens of these "rare lines" as they're generally free."

^dat self-quote.

So it's not like people are sitting around being snooty, saying "Ew, I don't want THAT dragon, its lineage is so common." What they're saying is "Oh nevermind, I already have that pairing" and looking elsewhere for a trade. The more common the lineage is, the greater percentage of traders are going to be saying that. And the more tinsels you group together in a trade code, the lower chance you have of bumping into somebody who's interested in ALL of them.

So no one is going to take a 2g Shimmer from a line they already own from a 5th gen one? Lower generations is always better and I only see that happening with prizes above 5g or if you traded a 4g prize that they already owned that exact 4g and lower. ._. Again quoting myself:

"1) Generation

2) Color

3) Descendant

4) Prize-type

5) Rarity"

"And that's why you should give a different trade link to each prize dragon you have for trade. It's a LOT easier to trade one tinsel than a group of tinsels. You can still get a great deal for a 4th-gen tinsel sometimes-- definitely for a 4th-gen shimmer-- but only if you can find a trading partner who doesn't own that lineage yet! :-) "

There is so much to trading than just getting things that you need yourself, that's why there are terms such as "trade fodder". The more trade fodder you have equals the more chance of you getting what you want/need.

Paper is good trade fodder

CB Red Copper is good trade fodder

4g Tinsels are good trade fodder

The list goes on. Every trader should consider their profit margin in any trade and take advantage of it whenever they can. More profit = happy person. e_e

VampiricOmen had a wide variety of items up for trade for a single one and sadly, everyone of the non-prize items got OVERLOOKED.

The trade is NOT just 4g Prizes. It is a combination of 4g Prizes, + CB Rares for only -one- CB Silver OR CB Gold. The post I posted before this was the exact thought put into two-three sentences I replied back to Vampiric. =p It is not simply, "optimistic thinking".

@VampiricOmen: I'm still surprised you weren't even able to get a CB Silver at this point. .__.; I'll break this down to generations:

2g: Gets you anything, you can ask for 10 cb metals and there will be a lot of people that will be willing to do this trade. You can trade off 1 2g Shimmer for 1 2g Holly. Multiple 2g thuweds.

3g: Multiple CB Metallics. A single 2g Thuwed.

4g: A single CB Metallic. 1-2 CB Coppers. 3g Thuwed.

5g: CB Blusang. Any Unbreedable so on.

As for the blusang part, I traded an IOU of 3 CB Blusangs + 2 Unbreeds for 1 CB Silver. I got lucky in that trade though. I feel an honest fair trade would have been 6-7 CB Blusangs for a single CB Silver.

As for the Blusang part I wouldn't hold onto 6-7 CB Blusang in hopes for a CB Metal, that really is a lot of space and you have no clue how long you're going to wait before you get a bite.

Just going to pop in between these long text posts to reply to this

If you're interested in a 4th-gen even-gen prize dragon, you should edit your trade post. Right now it says LESS than 4th-gen, so your post is only speaking to people who own a 2nd-gen prize, which is still a very limited pool! :-)

Oh I KNOW it says less than 4th gen. People tend to always offer 1 gen higher so now I've got some pretty good offers to fall back on if no one has a 3rd gen. tongue.gif Mwahaha

Oh I KNOW it says less than 4th gen. People tend to always offer 1 gen higher so now I've got some pretty good offers to fall back on if no one has a 3rd gen. tongue.gif Mwahaha

Oh that's pretty smart, lol.

EDIT: Ah, I knew there was something I left out. Just because a trade is "fair" doesn't mean you will get that trade. Often times people mistake a fair trade meaning = "I can get that trade right away!" but really a fair trade is something you have to work for. If you want a fast, easy trade you'd have to overpay in a sense. In an extreme example: you're trading off a cb gold for a cb mint. wink.gif

Edited by Saynna

In my opinion, you'd have better luck trading each 4th-gen tinsel for a CB copper than you would trading both of them for a CB silver. I've seen people offering a CB silver for two CB coppers recently, so acquiring a second copper could get you there.

Cheers for the input, tjekan. I have requested the assistance of a mediator (thank you for the help!), and asking for a CB Copper is the next thing on the agenda if there are no bites for a CB Silver or Gold.

I really don't think DC trading is super-complicated, but the fact that people really aren't interested in duplicate prize lineages is one that seems to escape notice sometimes. The avid tinsel traders who are the most likely to pay high prices for a tinsel (*raises hand*) are also the ones it's hardest to breed tinsels for, because we've already accumulated so many lineages. I'd trade you a CB copper right now for a 4th-gen tinsel I don't have, and I might even trade a CB silver if I had one on hand, but I wouldn't do more than skim a trade for a lineage I already have.

It's not so much that it is complicated, it's that a difference of just one generation in a Prize dragon's lineage alters the worth of an egg astronomically to the standard DC player who cannot reliably catch rares. Most of the time, 3G Prizes are inaccessible to someone such as myself, and to learn that offspring from one is not worth all that much unless you find the right buyer is a bit of a depressing thought as far as DC trading goes. While I am happy with the trade for them, I find I have more luck giving 4G Tins away than I do trading with them, and that's with one Gold and one Silver, granted the lines are probably common as you mentioned earlier. I suppose it does not help that I am usually impatient with trades.

I am only interested in duplicate lineages of Prize dragons if it falls into one of two categories: Is a line lower generation than what I currently have, or is a line that has Hellfires. So I do understand duplicate lines are often not sought after when looking for a trade, and certainly do not begrudge someone for rejecting a trade because of a duplicate line.

EDIT: Ah, I knew there was something I left out. Just because a trade is "fair" doesn't mean you will get that trade. Often times people mistake a fair trade meaning = "I can get that trade right away!" but really a fair trade is something you have to work for. If you want a fast, easy trade you'd have to overpay in a sense. In an extreme example: you're trading off a cb gold for a cb mint. wink.gif

That's a reasonable statement. When I ask if a trade is fair, it is in the interest of the person trading me as I do not wish to rip someone off. Overpaying on the other hand is something I do not mind - provided I can get the offer I am after.

@VampiricOmen: I'm still surprised you weren't even able to get a CB Silver at this point. .__.; I'll break this down to generations:

2g: Gets you anything, you can ask for 10 cb metals and there will be a lot of people that will be willing to do this trade. You can trade off 1 2g Shimmer for 1 2g Holly. Multiple 2g thuweds.

3g: Multiple CB Metallics. A single 2g Thuwed.

4g: A single CB Metallic. 1-2 CB Coppers. 3g Thuwed.

5g: CB Blusang. Any Unbreedable so on.

As for the blusang part, I traded an IOU of 3 CB Blusangs + 2 Unbreeds for 1 CB Silver. I got lucky in that trade though. I feel an honest fair trade would have been 6-7 CB Blusangs for a single CB Silver.

As for the Blusang part I wouldn't hold onto 6-7 CB Blusang in hopes for a CB Metal, that really is a lot of space and you have no clue how long you're going to wait before you get a bite.

I must have been extremely lucky when trading for lines I don't have, that is perhaps where my not-too-accurate sense of value is originating from. ninja.gif

I was not aware Thuweds (the 3Gs, that is), were worth quite that much. I assume this is for an EG with a relatively continuable or pretty lineage?

Alright, I certainly don't have the scroll space for holding that many Blusangs anyway, so I will see how consolidating the trade pans out for me. It might just be my timing, most of the DC playerbase is in the US (although I am aware the playerbase is very widespread), and most of my posts are made in the crazy hours of the morning as far as timezones in the US goes. They're made mostly at normal times in my timezone, so I'm perhaps not getting quite as many views on my trade as I could if I posted them in accordance with other timezones.

Lol, my bad. I meant this 3rd gen thuwed. I believe it's the only thuwed you can get from TJ that would come out 3rd gen. ._. Also I placed it for a 4g Shimmer because the lineage pattern isn't really clear and whoever got it would have to keep making it a Stairstep. ((Off topic: I would love to see that 3g thuwed mixed with a 3g prize line, just cause lol xd.png))

I'm not quite sure what a real "3g" thuwed would go for. I don't see much of those being traded around at all to really know. I however prefer the thuwed to be a perfect checker or a "pure thuwed" meaning there are only thuweds in the lineage. smile.gif

Yeah, the time zones might be a reason. You should try looking at threads and checking out posts containing CB Gold/Silver and see if you can get a bite. wink.gif

2G shimmers are worth whatever their owners wish them to be worth (that is, in the three trades I offered my end of an IOU in I received a 'place on the list in' though no egg so far in any of the three cases:

- 1 CB Silver

- 6 CB coppers when they didn't appear in the caves very much

- Some CB Blacks and CB GWs when they were rarer than now)

However, I have also offered about 10-18 CB metals on the trade threads post metal boom but no bites so they are priceless.

CB NDs I think the general consensus is 1 or 2 CB metal(s).

I agree with the bold part.

My trade offer was 1 egg only. It didn't include any CB Metals, Alt Sprite offspring, no 2nd or 3rd-gen Holly or low-gen Shimmers/Tinsels and I even didn't mention that I wanted to have any Prize dragon (due to lack of interest and I am happy to give the ones from the AP a loving home). But a CB Prize owner messaged me.

What I learnt from it? Be at the right place at the right time - and CB Prize owners are humans, too. Ahaha.

(Needless to mention that I'll cherish it forever and won't trade off the offspring, although it may be a "rare line" because I could choose the mate rolleyes.gif .)

--------------------------------

My question is:

Are there some "rarity differences" between the different colored Dinos?

And what did you trade to the CB owner? O.o That was an amazing deal if it wasn't as rare as a CB metal. xd.png

As for the dino part, I believe people generally don't want green. Purple/Blue would be seen in the most "wants", imo. Followed up by red then yellow. They're never too drastically more above value over the other though.

Lol, my bad. I meant this 3rd gen thuwed. I believe it's the only thuwed you can get from TJ that would come out 3rd gen. ._. Also I placed it for a 4g Shimmer because the lineage pattern isn't really clear and whoever got it would have to keep making it a Stairstep. ((Off topic: I would love to see that 3g thuwed mixed with a 3g prize line, just cause lol xd.png))

I'm not quite sure what a real "3g" thuwed would go for. I don't see much of those being traded around at all to really know. I however prefer the thuwed to be a perfect checker or a "pure thuwed" meaning there are only thuweds in the lineage. smile.gif

Yeah, the time zones might be a reason. You should try looking at threads and checking out posts containing CB Gold/Silver and see if you can get a bite. wink.gif

Oh, I understand, I have never seen such a Thuwed before! It would probably make a nice arrow head lineage.

I just wish to say this again, in a few words instead of here and there or hidden amongst a behemoth post. Thank you to everyone who commented on the value of my trade; such advice is very much appreciated and will be referred to in future, provided trade values have not shifted too dramatically. Thank you as well to Sarah864 for helping me with posting the trade, and for pointing out another place to post trade offers. Extra thank you to the person who traded with me, you are a gem! I believe my Secret Santa giftee will be very surprised to see what is waiting for her once she returns from vacation. smile.gif

See, I thought about it at Christmas, and I really don't think a 2nd gen Holly *is* worth a 2nd gen Prize. Why? Because a Prize can breed true all year round and the resultant babies trade very well, whereas a Holly only breeds true once a year. Granted, a 3rd gen Holly is still quite valuable, but not to the extent that multiple 3rd gen Prizes are. *shrug* YMMV

See, I thought about it at Christmas, and I really don't think a 2nd gen Holly *is* worth a 2nd gen Prize. Why? Because a Prize can breed true all year round and the resultant babies trade very well, whereas a Holly only breeds true once a year. Granted, a 3rd gen Holly is still quite valuable, but not to the extent that multiple 3rd gen Prizes are. *shrug* YMMV

I think they're on par. You'll gain more from a CB Shimmer than a CB Holly though because as you said it breeds all year round. I've seen trade offers containing several CB Metallics for a 2g Hollies, and in one case 14 CB Metallics for just a 2g Holly x Ice line. o_o

4th gens are valuable too, I know a couple friends that were "forced" to trade CB Metals as that was really the lowest they could get. It was also good for my friend on NDWorld because it gave her a chance to catch hollies and trade for cb metallics which is something she can't devote time to. Not sure how long her lines were though :/