Yubelchen

Monster Hunter

So after two - three months of biding my time and upgrading my Brachydios longsword fully and Deviljho armour, I decided to tackle that dreadful Mark of a Hero quest again this afternoon. I carted once (dang Ivory Lagi) but the second half was notably easier. I let the Brachydios destroy the Rathalos and killed the Brachy with six minutes remaining.

So I was thrilled.

Then it turned out I had to fight an Alatreon next.

My sis (who recently reached G-Rank) and I have been tackling the HR 5 event Alatreon over and over and always end up running out of everything, continues, cold drinks, stamina (even with mega dash juices), everything except time. Even with my upgraded longsword and my sis's Deviljho weapon we could not kill him. So as you can probably guess, I was expecting the worst with this quest.

I carted twice, ran out of cold drinks, my one dash juice and I had one mega potion left. Too many terrifying close calls to count but I did break both Alatreon's horns and chopped off his tail at some point XD Finally I poked his foot and DRAMATIC DEATH SCENE.

So yeah.

Completed the single player campaign.

Alatreon has a dang awesome longsword too but I'm one talon short. Back to fighting him...

Edited by rampaging wyvern

user posted imageuser posted image

So this happened.

yeah i

yeah

(the teal one is my NA 3ds with a sticker on it)

Edited by Lythiaren

Lagiacrus takes so long to kill... ;-; He'll just be panting, swim away. I'll get there, and he's ready for Round 2. Cha-cha's no help either. One hit and he's gone. I hate fighting underwater btw "^^ I use dual blades.

Would anyone be interested in starting fresh characters specifically for multiplayer?

Nobody likes fighting underwater.

Unless it's Plesioth vs. harpoons. Then it's funny. But otherwise,

user posted image

That moment on Tri when you JUST beat up your first Rathian, and on the forecast for free hunts there TWO OF THEM. On the same day! O_O ~Myra

Unless it's Plesioth vs. harpoons. Then it's funny. But otherwise,

user posted image

How about Plesioth vs bounce bombs? My sis and I were dealing with a particularly feisty Plessy and he got me jammed up in a corner underwater. Cue bounce bombs and we got him down very fast xd.png

Also that GIF is totally me when a G Rank (Hungry) Jho barges into a fight with a G Rank Crimson Peco.

Underwater fighting's not bad, just... awkward. If you lose your bearings for just a few seconds it can cost you your life and if you end up jammed against a wall that's just as bad. Lagiacrus in the Flooded Forest was terrible because there's so little room and it's hard to see him coming. To be honest I'm relieved they removed it from 4, even though I'm very used to the controls now and rarely run into problems.

*facepalm* Created a new character for guns. Did I know anything about it? No. Turned out to be really hard. After Fighting G. Jaggi and some Googling, I realized I've been shoulder-scoping THE WHOLE TIME. xd.png

So killed Dire Miralis last night.

His armour is awesome so I'll be farming him for the next few weeks :U

So killed Dire Miralis last night.

His armour is awesome so I'll be farming him for the next few weeks :U

Have fun trying to get all of those gems!

Have fun trying to get all of those gems!

Got one within five tries, two from ninth and one after that o3o It might just be luck, but breaking everything including the head seems to increase chances XD

Probably the hardest thing to get will be the Diablos Hardhorn. It's the very last item I need and I loath Diablos, especially a raging G Rank Diablos. :L

Edited by rampaging wyvern

Hardhorns... ahahaha

Have fun with those lady diablos. Get out the sleep bombing gear... :x

Diablos Hardhorn

Highest Odds: Desert Desertion (G-Rank 2*) - 19%

Pretty much the only quest you can find it in the rewards in.

My brother and I had to do it 6-7 times before I got the materials for my Diablazooka. Still have nightmares about the bloody torpedo move. =_=

Fun fact: the regular diablos are males, black ones are exceptionally ornery females.

Edited by Lythiaren

Hardhorns... ahahaha

Have fun with those lady diablos. Get out the sleep bombing gear... :x

My brother and I had to do it 6-7 times before I got the materials for my Diablazooka. Still have nightmares about the bloody torpedo move. =_=

Fun fact: the regular diablos are males, black ones are exceptionally ornery females.

*breathes heavily*

THIRTY TWO QUESTS.

I am done with Diablos.

I learnt how to evade every damn attack that thing can do before it even does them! I can tell what move that sucker's going to pull by the twitch of her eyelid! I could beat that thing blindfolded!

I am so done with it and Sand Barioth!

But hey, I completed my Miralis armour.

By now I'm confident the desire sensor is a thing. Oh, so you need a Rathalos Mantle to complete your armour? Well, here's seven for your friend! Oh, your friend needs a Deviljho Gem? Here's four for you! She also needs a Brach Pallium? Here, three for you! You really want a Diablos Hardhorn? Here's three for your friend in the first five hunts!

Need a Lagiacrus Mantle? Forty-nine hunts? None for either of you.

|D

Agreed. dry.gif I try to avoid f. forest as much as possible, at least until they are the only ones left on the list that I haven't done yet.

Playing MH3U, but have never had the opportunity to be able to play online / multiplayer at all due to lack of a Wii U and no one in my area seems to be playing it. sad.gif

Just reached HR 6 / G rank, and it's like a whole new game ... both in good ways and in bad.

Oh my goodness @___@ I had no idea this topic existed [curse my hiatus D:<] I really need to get back into playing this game :0 Haven't played in months, and not up-to-date on any of the game news.

Buuuut~ As a history, I started with Tri [like a newb], and immediately fell in love with it. I loved the game play, and the fact that SKILL for once was actually involved, and that better equipment wasn't the only thing you needed in order to slay a monster. I immediately went on to buy Ultimate when the Tri servers were dropped, and fell in love again.

Because of my absence from MH for a while though, I have no idea what's coming out next xd.png But I think I'll do that now, and try to get back into playing [gotta go hook up my WiiU D:<] thanks to this thread *__*

Woot~

Monster Hunter 4 is the newest one for the 3DS, but I don't know if/when that will see a western release.

Playing MH3U, but have never had the opportunity to be able to play online / multiplayer at all due to lack of a Wii U and no one in my area seems to be playing it. sad.gif

Just reached HR 6 / G rank, and it's like a whole new game ... both in good ways and in bad.

Now that I'm better at the game I do agree with you - I'm disappointed about the lack of online. The only other person I know around here who plays it is my sister.

G Rank is quite the difficulty curve. You'll really have to focus on avoiding attacks as much as dealing them. Once you get past the first few quests you should be on the way to making better armour. Once you have stronger armour (I actually just used my Deviljho set throughout until I was able to make Azure Rath X) it'll be much like high rank.

HR 8, now that is a whole new game. I've only killed the Gold Rathian and Dire Miralis so far Dx

Online is definitely hard to go without, I must agree D: I use online as much as I can, since it's a big help, but at the same time, it can be frustrating, as well as hard to keep a good connection. There are periods where my crappy connection will just fail for half a day, or sometimes I'm even cut out of the network for a week or two. :C

Plus the internet for my WiiU is cut off every night -v- So if I don't keep up with what time it is, I'll often end up getting DC'd from missions with my online friends, and become unable to go back on / explain what happened until the next morning.

And sometimes when I actually /do/ have a long-lasting connection, none of my friends are actually on or playing.. And the random strangers that are online almost always fall under one of these categories: a] hackers/cheat users [alter codes], b] elitists who don't like how I'm playing, c] foreigners that I can't understand d] people that are just plain out are hard to cooperate with in the game :c or e] are doing quests that I have no need for, or that I really hate doing x]

But sometimes I'll get a really good, fun streak of playing going without disconnecting badly. Usually that's what keeps me playing online xd.png

Now that I'm better at the game I do agree with you - I'm disappointed about the lack of online. The only other person I know around here who plays it is my sister.

G Rank is quite the difficulty curve. You'll really have to focus on avoiding attacks as much as dealing them. Once you get past the first few quests you should be on the way to making better armour. Once you have stronger armour (I actually just used my Deviljho set throughout until I was able to make Azure Rath X) it'll be much like high rank.

HR 8, now that is a whole new game. I've only killed the Gold Rathian and Dire Miralis so far Dx

I'm pretty much sticking with my up to date / as fully upgraded as possible entire Wroggi S set (especially since it appears that the G rank version lacks many of the skills that I enjoy having) I'm a pure DB user as well, (the other weapon types just don't seem to work for me dry.gif ) So I'm just farming what I can, hoping to get an upgraded talisman (stun + 7 bishop from early on, want to get that plus at least a slot and / or additional useful bonuses as well tongue.gif )and working my way up the best I can. smile.gif

Edited by Arimermaid

My first ever monster hunter game was MHF2. I had so much fun with that game, I must have sank 100+ hours on it, just on the offline mode alone. For that game, it was always this with me.

"Heh, this is easy."

*Goes and fights a Yian Kut-Ku/Daimyo Hermitaur/Rathian/Tigrex/Any Elder Dragon/Rajang, Dies multiple times.*

"When the game get this hard!?"

*Learn the patterns, upgrade the weapons and armour and try different things. Get excited when you slay your first one.*

And repeat for every tier.

I played tri, but never got around to beating it, sadly.

Edited by Lore_Master

I can't get enough of Monster Hunter. Right now I've put over 200 hours into my copy of MH3U on my 3DS XL.

By now I've got four full sets of G-Rank armour, and proud of it.

The time I spent getting my Azure Rathalos armour to perfection; I am so glad for it. That armour has saved me so many times.

Two months later and I've done every quest in the game! I'm helping my sister with her G-Rank Deviljho set now. Farming Savage Jhos is really annoying. It takes about twenty minutes to kill/cap one, my -35 Dragon Res make his dragonbreath a real problem and the black blood only has a 20% drop rate that feels like 7% or something XD

And I finally got a Lagiacrus Mantle after sixty five regular Lagis, forty two Ivories and three Abyssals |D And by this point I no longer need it.

Aside from assisting my sister, I don't have much to do in this game now. Just praying for an announcement that 4 is being released in the west. ;;

I just got monster hunter 3 ultimate for Wii U. It's the same basic story as MH3 Tri exept it has a few new monsters, better graphics, and new weapons! I love the duel blades wub.gif Lagiacrus You better run!

Whats your favorite weapon from monster hunter?

Back when I played MHF2, My favorite weapon was the Long Sword, followed by the Hunting Horn when I played online and then the Hammer

For Ultimate, my go-to weapon is the switch-axe. There's something appealing about knocking a monster done, switching to sword mode and blasting it with some Wyvern Fire.

... Still love the long sword and hammer.

I've been working on perfecting my usage of the switch axe. wink.gif It definitely breaks / kills / capture time much faster and easier than the DBs, but it is quite a bit slower too ... unsure.gif but overall I'm loving the weapon.