sharlykng

Hatchlings OoC Thread

In my head I see it like this:

Up north is a mountainous region, slightly south or that starts the forest, a large great lush forest. Somewhere to the south east and west are two human settlements. A river system running down from the mountains that ends about half a mile away from he desert fringe that is to the south of the map. I could try to draw my idea up if you guys want to like vote or something, I'm just voicing what i see in my head.

{Edit}

Dun dun dun dun! *Bugel*

user posted image

I actually didn't label, but...

Blue # = Home cave.

White # = Collapsed cave.

Grey/green thing = Human settlement.

The rest is self-explanatory I think.

Edited by Dusset

Lol'ed at the previous chat, since what I saw in my mind was Stoneza's body parts suddenly moving apart and him acting like it's normal.

As for the map, do you mind labeling the legends dusset? Then I'll put it up on the first post. tongue.gif

@Dusset Yes to more specific ma RP. I hate doing map stuff as it turns out and my RP is in need of one with a few details.

Sure, I'll see what I can do, It might not necessarily come out as nice as this one, but i'll give a willing try for it.

KK, I'll look at it soon.

@Sharlykng, PMing you the URL

Oh oh! I have drawn the picture of Shardas!!! Or at least, somewhat like her... trying to tidy it up now... Probably would be up here in a few days, if I have no homework/studies... xd.png

Technically, this is godmodding... Try to change the phrases a little.

I don't see it as that hears why. Zegonor's is out of it, Fury forgot about Crusher altogether which allowed me to have him more or less save them. He din't carry them far at all just to a safe spot for now.

The difference is, you said something happened to the others, not just what Crusher did. For example:

Godmodding: Thrymzen shoots a bolt of brilliant lightning straight THROUGH Crusher's throat.

Not godmodding: Thrymzen shoots a bolt of brilliant lightning straight AT Crusher's throat.

The difference is that, in the second one, you can do something about it - blocking or dodging Thrymzen's attack, or allowing it to hit.

To not godmod, describe what your dragon tries to do, but don't assume it's guaranteed to happen.

(There are a few instances in which stuff that could be counted godmodding actually isn't. For example, if you know the players controlling Fury and Zegonor won't try and mess with your effect, it's passable. If Thrymzen heals another dragon, it's not really godmoddng, unless they really want to resist the healing for some reason.)

I learned those kind of rules awhile back when I RPed in S.W.G.

SO it wasn't godmoding when Balthan snapped Stoneza's wing into place right?

Technically it might be, but it's not the sort that matters.

1. It's not something that would be worth avoiding.* In fact, it's vaguely beneficial. The real concern for godmodding is attacks and things that harm dragons.

2. It's not something he could have avoided very easily. I suppose if he'd really wanted to, he could have stopped this, but it would be unlikely and unhelpful.

Healing magic falls into both these categories, which is why it's safe to assume it always succeeds, barring weird circumstances.

There's always going to be a degree of minor godmodding in any interaction between characters - you can't really avoid doing things to other dragons. Just avoid saying that a harmful things a dragon might want to avoid actually happen, without giving the other person a chance to change the flow of events.

*Relevancy is also important. In this case, what Balthan did will not seriously alter the plot.

Ah ok now I see. Sorry I typed that up when after I had responded to a rather...... (don't know the word) PM so I was not right in the head will edit.

Posted edited.

Edited by little lost dragon

This pleases me. I remember a long while ago, when I still played S.W.G. avidly. I would occasionally RP with a few of my friends, through that, I would make more and more friends on the game. After being a complete RP noob, and after multiple corrections, I learned exactly what godmoding is, and all other unspoken rules were, the hard way =3 .

I got chucked out of my first RP for godmodding... It can actually be hard to avoid.

The formal definition, I think, is doing stuff with a character that's not your own - RPing somebody else's character. What really matters, though, is messing up another character without their permission, especially killing/wounding them. Incidentally, the hardest place to not godmod is during a battle. sad.gif

Edited by Chess Tyrant

yea,the way i prevent godmodding in my battles is i leave room for the persone to do stuff,like in my battle with iceheart i said "but Zegonor passed out to quickly to see what happened to Fury" that pretty much ment i did hit him but im giving him the chance to either survive it or get knocked out also,in battle you just have to leave options for who you are fighting

Yea, Godmodding isn't something you can really teach to be prevented, it often has to learned the through experience, it's good to start RPing with ppl your same skill level, then gradually find ppl who have a slightly higher skill, and then eventually your on top of the world.

@Chess, I've actually never been thrown out of an RP tongue.gif

So far I'v managed to stay in the same zone for warnings on that sort of thing. I am improving and they are getting fewer to so um ya.

Heh.. Hatchlings was my first RP ^~^ I like to think I learn fast tongue.gif

I thikn it's almost done... Just need to scan it and upload it ^^ I drew her during my English lesson.

EDIT: DUNDUNDUN!!! Me thinks to ask an artist to colour, shade, and whatnot; let her come to life xd.png

user posted image

Edited by sharlykng

I like it, the only problem is it doesn't quite look like a vampire, it looks more like a generic dragon. Aren't the Vampire's a little more wolf-like? Anyways, If you can get it colored, maybe I could clean it up in paint. If paint recognizes it right I could even take off the lines.

sad.gif One step at a time! Maybe next time I can try to draw a vampire then. I'm not thinking of colouring it; feel free to do that, but I wanna know the progress ^^ It's my sketch afterall...

Technically, this is my first time trying to draw a hatchling; I think it came off quite well ^^