Crisis

American Politics

image.jpeg.a1d0242a48e6a46f83b06f4a33d550ff.jpeg

Sad, but true. :( Trump can't let Joe Biden "win" on this, so everyone loses.

GFCWejIWMAEen3p.thumb.jpg.f78921306f85f1ed6c60c7f209359b18.jpgHailey will fail Trump will prevai

Edited by Jamari

6 hours ago, Jamari said:

GFCWejIWMAEen3p.thumb.jpg.f78921306f85f1ed6c60c7f209359b18.jpgHailey will fail Trump will prevai

You are probably right about that. But your pictures are not showing up.

The idea of Trump prevailing makes me shudder in disgust... *sighs*

A lot depends on whether the U.S. Supreme Courts upholds the rulings of the states that remove Trump from their ballots as an insurrectionist. If they uphold it more states might also rule that way then regardless of whether he is the Republican nominee it would not matter if there is no path to winning for him.

I wonder what the Republicans would do if it becomes impossible for him to become President?

I still don't think he would win even if he stays on all the ballots. He lost last time no matter what his supporters think.

Those same people will vote against him again. I know people are worried that not enough people will take it serious enough to vote, but no one who voted against him has forgotten the menace that he is.

Just because Dems and others against Trump aren't necessarily being vocal about it doesn't mean they have checked out. We have just learned it is pointless trying to reason with his supporters and don't feeling like wasting our breath and time trying to convince them he is evil. That he has delusions of being crowned a King of America.

Still i don't doubt we will vote in numbers again and soundly reject Trump. Not that i don't worry about a worst case scenario.

But i will be waiting to see what the Supreme Court decides. Which way they fall could decide whether we can breath a sigh of relief and stop worrying about the orange nightmare.

I only meant that he will probably prevail over Haley. I would hope that there is no chance of him winning the actual election in November. I know there will be many people highly motivated to be sure he doesn't.

12 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

The idea of Trump prevailing makes me shudder in disgust... *sighs*

Absolutely. He's not only evil, he's a loose cannon who has no idea what his actions might bring about.

11 hours ago, AngelsSin said:

But i will be waiting to see what the Supreme Court decides. Which way they fall could decide whether we can breath a sigh of relief and stop worrying about the orange nightmare.

I fear we never can. Whatever the election results, his MAGA nutters will be out there being violent and insurrectionist, and ruining the country. The US was once civilised. It very nearly isn't. Another Trump term, and it may cease to be a democracy at all.

5 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I fear we never can. Whatever the election results, his MAGA nutters will be out there being violent and insurrectionist, and ruining the country. The US was once civilised. It very nearly isn't. Another Trump term, and it may cease to be a democracy at all.

I imagine they will definitely be violently protesting. Though i am hoping that they aren't all brain-dead and remember what happened last time they did, being charged, on trial, and sentenced to jail time, will hopefully deter most of them. And that Trump isn't gonna bail them out, will not have the power to pardon them, and is fighting to stay out of jail himself and could very well BE in jail. And very well may spend his final years, before he dies, in jail.

I admit we are very close to no longer being a democracy. The truth that we learned from the Romans is no society lasts forever and all eventually fall. And what we learn from big business is that no business is to big to fail and the same applies to countries. America can fail. It can fall. We are all praying that we don't. It would majorly suck if we fall from within.

The violence of the Trump years against LGBTQIA+ was scary.... I'm part of that, and so is my best friend as well as several other people I know. That was so scary...

9 hours ago, AngelsSin said:

I imagine they will definitely be violently protesting. Though i am hoping that they aren't all brain-dead and remember what happened last time they did, being charged, on trial, and sentenced to jail time, will hopefully deter most of them.

I wish I believed that. They will not be on trial if/when he takes back the White House by fair means or foul means. And most - and I do mean most - MAGA people ARE brain dead - or at least anaesthetised in the head.

9 hours ago, AngelsSin said:

And that Trump isn't gonna bail them out, will not have the power to pardon them, and is fighting to stay out of jail himself and could very well BE in jail. And very well may spend his final years, before he dies, in jail.

I admit we are very close to no longer being a democracy. The truth that we learned from the Romans is no society lasts forever and all eventually fall. And what we learn from big business is that no business is to big to fail and the same applies to countries. America can fail. It can fall. We are all praying that we don't. It would majorly suck if we fall from within.

That's the thing. Two years ago I was betting he'd manage to force himself upon you all again, and my intelligent US friends said no way. A few weeks ago we were visiting one of them, who said he was sorry he had laughed at me, and he now also reckoned the "man" would be back in the White House - possibly by cheating; probably more by the use of threats and violence during the campaign. Too many of your compatriots don't even seem to know of all the good things Biden has achieved - the media don't choose to bang on about them.

Trump wouldn't need to bail them out. But when he will do is go after anyone who doesn't agree with him. You saw the judge warn the jurors trying him to make sure he didn't find out who they were and where they lived ?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-e-jean-carroll-b2485726.html

https://news.yahoo.com/ex-prosecutor-spots-judge-remarkable-074916772.html

And look at all the genuinely rich people giving him $millions.

7 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

The violence of the Trump years against LGBTQIA+ was scary.... I'm part of that, and so is my best friend as well as several other people I know. That was so scary...

Don't let your guard down. The only positive you have to work with is that if (I fear when) he "wins" there will be far more people and groups in your position for company....

Sorry guys - the disaster unrolling over there is the only thing that cheers me up about the situation in the UK- a somewhat watered down version of yours, without a complete lunatic making threats at the head of it. And thankfully a lot fewer guns,

A Florida  state congressman Jason Shoaf, seeking looser regulations on the killing of wildlife, has claimed that black bears high on crack are breaking into people’s homes and “tearing them apart”

16 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

A Florida  state congressman Jason Shoaf, seeking looser regulations on the killing of wildlife, has claimed that black bears high on crack are breaking into people’s homes and “tearing them apart”

Let's be real tho, this would be far from the most unbelievable thing that's happened in Florida 😂

It is a well known secret that a good portion of Florida shares one collective brain cell.

Eta: 

So Federal Appeals Court soundly rejects Trump's immunity argument. While he obviously will appeal to the Supreme Court everyone seems to think the FAC argument is so sound that it is unlikely the SC will even hear the case and even if they do it won't be to overrule it.

Also Thursday the SC will be hearing oral arguments on Colorado's removing Trump from their Ballots. So we will hopefully have answers soon to that issue.

Edited by AngelsSin

Judge Engoran has imposed a $355 million dollar judgment against Donald Trump for all his lies, fraud, and grift in his business dealings.

Pity poor Trump. Apparently he doesn't have that sort of cash lying around, so guess what? Some poor stooge has set up a GoFundMe page for him.

And so far 1.7K people have been gullible enough to donate $67,394 of the $355,000,000 goal.

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

And so far 1.7K people have been gullible enough to donate

:o 

It's against GoFundMe's rules to fundraise for legal defense.  Plus Trump likes to threaten lawsuits against people who use his name and image for fundraising. Plus the people who started it no doubt planned to keep most of the money.

Started by the wife of Grant Cardone who is being sued for fraud.

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

And so far 1.7K people have been gullible enough to donate $67,394 of the $355,000,000 goal.

There are so many layers of sadness in that sentence. I don’t post in this thread because I never know what to say apart from “that’s horrible, I’m so sorry” but Jesus Christ. Can you imagine people struggling to pay their bills are using that money instead to naively pay towards a sum that is ludicrously out of their reach for a millionaire’s crimes against them; it turns my stomach. 

They care very much for embryos and fetuses. Sadly they could care less about them once they are born -- especially if they are born in poverty to a poor unwed mother. They will not provide any support for the mother, they want to cut WIC benefits that give her a few cents more to feed the child and herself, they want to cut school lunch programs that at least give that child a full tummy once a day, and on and on! Pro Life? Hardly.

Now they are not even trying to hide their agenda!

MAGA Republican Pledges “End of Democracy” to Rabid Cheers at CPAC

Conservative activist Jack Posobiec joyfully hailed the “end of democracy” at the Conservative Political Action Conference, further emphasizing Republicans’ apparent desire to completely overthrow America as we know it.

Posobiec, who helped popularize the “Pizzagate” conspiracy theory, appeared at CPAC’s opening day on Wednesday. He spoke during a panel moderated by former White House adviser and white supremacist Steve Bannon.

“Welcome to the end of democracy. We are here to overthrow it completely,” Posobiec said as the event began.

“We didn’t get all the way there on January 6, but we will endeavor to get rid of it and replace it with this, right here,” he said, gesturing to the crowd and holding up his fist.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

gesturing to the crowd and holding up his fist.

actually, it was a cross :o 

https://steady.substack.com/p/cpac-speakers-goal-ending-democracy

At a panel session Wednesday, right-wing conspiracy theorist Jack Posobiec said without irony or sarcasm, “I just wanted to say, welcome to the end of democracy. We are here to overthrow it completely. We didn’t get all the way there on January 6, but we will endeavor to get rid of it.”  

He then held up a Christian cross and added, “We’ll replace it with this right here. That’s right, because all glory, all glory is not to government, all glory is to God." Was the remark in jest? No. And the crowd knew it. 

(bolding mine)

i posted this video from CPAC on my facebook, and someone commented:

So by showing up, each of them is guilty of attempted conspiracy to commit insurrection under Title 18 USC 2383 because my meeting to discuss it, they have committed an act in furtherance of the crime.

yep.

Edited by trystan

4 minutes ago, trystan said:

actually, it was a cross

That makes more sense in the context. They are weaponizing "Christianity". I don't think Jesus Christ would recognize their brand of Christianity, though. Modern-day Crusades. Scary stuff!

7 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

That makes more sense in the context. They are weaponizing "Christianity". I don't think Jesus Christ would recognize their brand of Christianity, though. Modern-day Crusades. Scary stuff!

agreed.  they want the country to be a Xian Nationalist country. which we are not.