Bee Teno

Aliens and UFOs

So do you think we are the only lifeforms out there? Do you think UFOs are real? Are aliens real? Discuss these questions with others!

I personally believe that we are not alone. Just because we need water doesnt mean other lifeforms dont. Out of googleplex to the googleplex power of planets we cant be the only ones. (yes googleplex to the googleplex power is real...) I do think UFOs are real. UFOs are even in ANCIENT documents for crying out loud! I do believe UFOs are visiting more frequently because they are interested by what we have become.

I do not think aliens are little green men that go SWOOSH across the universe....I think aliens can take any shape, form, color, and every other possible aspect.

Definitely life out there, degree of intelligence unknown though, and chances of contact are zero to nil.

Personally, I believe that there has to be alien life. I just don't think they're coming to Earth any time soon. If they did.... We'd all know about it already. :\ If they're advanced enough to get here over however many millions of light years they would have to travel, I don't think they'd be bothered by trying to keep themselves secret. The only reason I can think of is if they're treating us on our planet like we do when observing wildlife we don't know much about. Hiding out, taking notes, capturing a specimen now and again.

But if they weren't thinking of us that way, it'd probably be akin to when white people moved to America.... not so good for the natives.

Aliens aren't real and anyone who is stupid enough to believe in them should be shot. There you go, Kai, I beat you to the punch.

So do you think we are the only lifeforms out there? Do you think UFOs are real? Are aliens real? Discuss these questions with others!

I personally believe that we are not alone. Just because we need water doesnt mean other lifeforms dont. Out of googleplex to the googleplex power of planets we cant be the only ones. (yes googleplex to the googleplex power is real...) I do think UFOs are real. UFOs are even in ANCIENT documents for crying out loud! I do believe UFOs are visiting more frequently because they are interested by what we have become.

I do not think aliens are little green men that go SWOOSH across the universe....I think aliens can take any shape, form, color, and every other possible aspect.

i dont believe we are the only life. possibly not even the only "advanced" life.

i dont believe in ufo's as hollywood makes them out to be.

also, i dont think you quite understand the size of a googleplex.

It is mathematically impossible that there are not aliens.

Also, no one can den UFOs exist. A UFO doesn't have to be alien, it is just any flying object that hasn't been identified.

I firmly believe in the existence of life out there, likely somewhat intelligent.

UFOs and abductions on the other hand... I find it fairly unlikely, but it's possible.

As long as something as remotely awesome as turians exist, the universe won't disappoint me!

Also, I dont think you quite understand the size of a googleplex.

Ah but I do understand the size of a googleplex. 100 zeros. In an ever expanding universe theory, there is way too many planets for human kind to understand.

Ah but I do understand the size of a googleplex. 100 zeros. In an ever expanding universe theory, there is way too many planets for human kind to understand.

Of course, that only works with that theory. Wot 'bout other ones?

I think about aliens this way:

The earth was created 4.5 Billion years ago, humans have been around for less than...hm..... 100,000?

The universe is apprx 14.5-16 Billion years old...

So it's been expanding for a very fast rate for a very long time, so imagine what a species could do if it was only twice our age!

And think of all the technological advancements we've made in the past 100 years...

The possibilities are endless.

Edited by jumonjiforum

I'm with Rhea..I believe there is life on other planets, even intelligent life, but I think chances of contact are pretty much zero for now. Maybe sometime in the future that would change. For some reason I don't think the UFOs people see are from other planets. I see no reason why an alien race would come hundreds thousands of light years just to look at our planet and not make contact. If they wanted to invade us, they would have done so already. If they wanted to befriend us, again, they would have done so already. Stealing technology or information? Why would they need to? I guess I think there could be some other explanation to the alien craft we see and they could possibly come from our own planet without us knowing it. Maybe an alternate reality, government projects, whatever.

Just throwing this out there, but when I had talked to my brother about aliens, he thought they could have been people from the future. Humans I would assume, but ones more evolved and more scientifically advanced than "modern" people.

Of course, that only works with that theory. Wot 'bout other ones?

The other theories...I dont really know but I agree with the real answer.

I'm with Rhea..I believe there is life on other planets, even intelligent life, but I think chances of contact are pretty much zero for now. Maybe sometime in the future that would change. For some reason I don't think the UFOs people see are from other planets. I see no reason why an alien race would come hundreds thousands of light years just to look at our planet and not make contact. If they wanted to invade us, they would have done so already. If they wanted to befriend us, again, they would have done so already. Stealing technology or information? Why would they need to? I guess I think there could be some other explanation to the alien craft we see and they could possibly come from our own planet without us knowing it. Maybe an alternate reality, government projects, whatever.

Just throwing this out there, but when I had talked to my brother about aliens, he thought they could have been people from the future. Humans I would assume, but ones more evolved and more scientifically advanced than "modern" people.

Not saying aliens are here, but we already do pretty much the same thing with animals.

grimace....that banana in your sig creeps me out D:

but I don't think were alone out there. If the universe is as big as people say it is, how can we be? And who knows, maybe aliens are humanish. I've had this thought that maybe the rules of life are the same everywhere. Maybe somewhere in a different galaxy, theres another earth with a different type of humans and dogs and cats. who knows?

Of course, I also think life can take any form as well. I mean cmon, look at the freakin' platypus!

While that is an interesting option, I don't think time travel will ever really be possible.

I don't rule out the possibility of there being intelligent life other than our own in the universe but honestly right now I'm not really concerned about "them" being here or any of that jazz.

Edited by lightbird

yes, but we can estimate with reasonable accuracy. drop a few dozen 0's wink.gif

also, this is relevant:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation

The Drake equation states that:

user posted image

where:

N = the number of civilizations in our galaxy with which communication might be possible;

and

R* = the average rate of star formation per year in our galaxy

fp = the fraction of those stars that have planets

ne = the average number of planets that can potentially support life per star that has planets

fℓ = the fraction of the above that actually go on to develop life at some point

fi = the fraction of the above that actually go on to develop intelligent life

fc = the fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that releases detectable signs of their existence into space

L = the length of time such civilizations release detectable signals into space.[3]

yes, but we can estimate with reasonable accuracy. drop a few dozen 0's wink.gif

also, this is relevant:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation

The Drake equation states that:

user posted image

where:

N = the number of civilizations in our galaxy with which communication might be possible;

and

R* = the average rate of star formation per year in our galaxy

fp = the fraction of those stars that have planets

ne = the average number of planets that can potentially support life per star that has planets

fℓ = the fraction of the above that actually go on to develop life at some point

fi = the fraction of the above that actually go on to develop intelligent life

fc = the fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that releases detectable signs of their existence into space

L = the length of time such civilizations release detectable signals into space.[3]

user posted image

Whoa them some big stars. Can't begin to imagine the denseness.

But none of them are as dense as your mom!

You now feel incredibly tiny.

user posted image

<3 That is one of the reasons why I love astrophysics.

As for aliens. Considering the size of the known universe there is probably life out there. Possibly intelligent life. However, considering the size of the universe and physics as we understand it, I do not think that reports of flying saucers and such is credible. Any intelligent life would have to travel faster than the speed of light in order to reach us. And as we understand things, this is an impossibility.

Perhaps more advanced alien life has found a way around that limitation, but I highly doubt it.

I don't think we are the only life out there. How is it possible

And Aliens... who knows how they look? I mean... there might even be a parallel univers

you know what would be ironic, if we did find aliens, but they were at the point where they only just made the wheel.