MetalMad

Horror movies?

It was alright. Not fantastic, but okay. It entirely hinges on how you feel about alien abductions. If they're scary for you, the movie will scare you. If they aren't, don't bother. (And if they are, find Fire In The Sky).

Lol, I'm not. Guess I'll have a look. xd.png

SPOLERIFIC (highlight): I already know that the "real" footage in The Fourth Kind is fake, looked that up

As for the creepiness, I already know how much can be achieved with odd angles and screaming from watching Neon Genesis Evangelion. xd.png

I'm an absolute horror-junkey so what do you like:

Aemerikan standard teenage killing stuff?

or maybe something dark with some profoundness?

something that's actually scary?

something absolutely stupid?

or maybe something with a little dark humor in it?

I have quite a repartoir... so for now:

-The Faculty (Yay for Josh Heartnett^^)

-Kill Devil (it's a japanese movie so... well. I think it's pretty deep. no big specialleffekt but a good story...)

-Death Silence

-Black Sheep (the whole storyline is ridiculous! Zombie-Sheep! lol)

-Tales from the Crypt (ok, that's not a movie but it's good and the cryptkeeper is just too adorable! Just don't mix it up with the cartoon version for kids...^^')

My Dad got me into scary movies and such,so our favorites are:

The Exorcist (oringinal)

The Thing and many others.

My favorites are:

Cloverfield

28 Days Later

all Resident Evil's

and others.

I highly recommend a Tale of two Sisters. That movie really is the best horror film I've seen. It's Korean if I remember correctly, so you'll need subtitles. Fantastic plot, extremely dark atmosphere and just downright fear inducing. I love it.

Trailer:

I'm not sure if I would consider Cannibal Holocaust a horror, but it is certainly gory and very intense at some scenes.

The Orphanage, not to be confused with the Orphan, is also a great movie that manages to be really scary at times.

-Black Sheep (the whole storyline is ridiculous! Zombie-Sheep! lol)

I have only been allowed to watch seven minutes of this movie, which greatly depresses me.

Oh, Daed Snoe/Dead Snow was an interesting movie. I think I threw something at the screen in the end. |D

Oh! Daybreakers I think it was, that has Sam Neil in it (from Jurassic Park). Vampire movie that was okay with a superb ending. I recommend it solely for the ending. x3

Seconding this. My friend dragged me to see it (I don't normally watch horror films), but I thought it was very good. The plot was interesting, and the were a few emotional scenes which I thought were very well acted. Definitely worth watching.

I'm also going to second I Am Legend, because that scared the living daylights out of me. If you have a hot drink, put it down on a flat surface before watching or you will spill it all down yourself when you jump. tongue.gif

Can't remember if anyone's mentioned Sleepy Hollow yet, but that's another good one. It's a Tim Burton/Johnny Depp one, which to me is nearly always a sign that a film will be worth watching. If you don't mind films being set in the past, I'd recommend this one.

Can't remember if anyone's mentioned Sleepy Hollow yet, but that's another good one.

Heh... yes, that one's quite good!

And it's funny... the way the people in the movie are always fainting biggrin.gif

I'm also going to second I Am Legend, because that scared the living daylights out of me. If you have a hot drink, put it down on a flat surface before watching or you will spill it all down yourself when you jump. tongue.gif

If you thought that was creepy you should watch the older versions of the movie, "The Last Man On Earth" (1961) and the other one "The Omega Man", both of these are pretty dark, I perfer those two over "I Am Legend" (the corny Hollywood version) any day. All three movies are based on the book - I am Legend by Richard Matheson.

Edited by Kaynight

nothing scares me like zombie movies. They disturb me in a way nothing else can even come close to... perhaps zombies are the bottom of my personal Uncanny Valley.

Ya.. totally agree with that statement.

Edited by TheAwesomeShadow

I like creepy psychological thriller-horror movies more than actual 'blood-and-gore-fest' horror movies. They have more class.

Cube, American Psycho, Se7en, and Silence of the Lambs (of course) are some of my favourites. Saw I, III, and IV were good, and I also loved 28 Days/Weeks Later.

The Saw movies are meh. Body horror, not much more.

There was one I watched recently I liked - something like "Halloween". I kept going O_O "did not expect that". Certainly better than pure body horror.

Also saw one called Shrooms, which was meh. Bit of a mind screw, but the characters were so bloody dumb it was hard to really feel anything for them/etc.

The Saw movies are meh. Body horror, not much more.

I liked the traps/tests :3

But yeah, there isn't much of a plot.

Hm, I didn't really last long enough to see any interesting traps/tests ^^; I could give it another go, but... the screaming irritates me >__>

The original The Fog was pretty good. Not seen the remake, but I know it got panned.

The remake sucked. The original is sooooo much better.

@SPQR: Silence of the Lambs is an awesome movie, as is Hannibal Rising.

nothing scares me like zombie movies. They disturb me in a way nothing else can even come close to... perhaps zombies are the bottom of my personal Uncanny Valley.

For me, I can't watch alien movies. They scare me like zombies scare you. ;A; Zombie movies are a close second to aliens in the DEAR JESUS KILL IT WITH FIRE department.

And speaking of recommendations, I suggest any of John Carpenter's movies (originals NOT remakes e_e). For the most part they scare the crap out of me, in particular The Thing. e_e Can't ever watch that movie anymore. e_e

My goodness, I'm watching this zombie movie Doghouse and who do I see but Mickey from Dr. Who? He's got the same name, too!

Just... very unexpected.

Heck, everything's the same. He's with his Nana and is an ineffectual pansy and everything. Also, this movie is hilarious.

Edited by RheaZen

I don't know if this one can be considered "horror", but I watched the remake of Fright Night. I HAD to watch it because David Tennant is in it wub.gif

I didn't see the original, but I enjoyed this one a lot. Colin Farrell as the vampire is really good!

"Saw" is an excellent horror franchise. The only movies in the genre that I can actually enjoy in, let's say.

I am really into b-horror movies and have tons of them, but if you're not into b-movies you probably won't like them.

As for ones with actual budgets:

Oculus

Sinister

The Cabin in the Woods (it's one of those horror movies that also functions as a critique of the current state of horror movies)

And two titles are escaping my mind at the momentXD

Oculus was really good! (Amy Pond!/Karen Gillian)

Annabelle was terrible. Must say.

The Conjuring was way better!

I really want to see Unfriended that's coming out in April this year

Now I remember the movies:

Insidious Part 1 and Part 2.

I'm like one of the few who wasn't scared by The Conjuring (unless you count when the dog died as I had a dog named Sadie before, and I will never let my fiance live it down that he didn't warn me about that).

The Babadook and Housebound were really good this year.

The Ring 2 was terrible

haven't seen the first, is it good/better?

Considerably. I'd put The Ring and Ringu (the japanese movie it was based on) about on par with one another, and both are much, much better than The Ring 2.