TJ09

Moderator Applications

It's that time again. Peeps are entering college and moving on, and the moderation staff is in serious need of some new recruits.

So. Think you can handle it? Just send a PM to me explaining why you think that you are a good fit for your position of choice.

A few formalities/requirements:

• Don't post here with your application. Posts don't magically turn into PMs.
  • Please include the position you're applying for in the subject of the PM or it may be misfiled.
  • You must be at least level 3. (A.K.A have at least 100 posts)
  • Being on good terms with the current mods is a plus.
  • You must have at most a current warn level of 10%. Past warn history will be taken into account, but we're not going to penalize you too much.
  • Application Deadline: Midnight EST, August 23
The positions:

General Discussion Moderator

There's a lot of sections GD mods are in charge of. If you don't know which ones they are, just see the General Discussion Category. Just remember that GD tends to be fast-moving and has a lot of area that needs covering.

RP Moderator

RP mods are in charge of the RP section, including managing approvers as well as personally approving RPs and such.

EDIT: De-lulz-ed because as usual they are rather unappreciated.

EDIT 2: Added application deadline.

Edited by TJ09

Is there a specific form to fill out, or should we just PM why we would be fit for the job/etc.?

The first PM I sent was really longwinded all about how I thought I'd be good for the job. >> The 2nd I sent, I think was basically "I'm applying for SD because I've been around awhile, know the section well, and have some experience modding." xd.png

As TJ hasn't specified any requirements regarding format/style of your application (other than the PM title, and that it BE PMed, I believe) then...I think whatever you do should be fine.

Is there a specific form to fill out, or should we just PM why we would be fit for the job/etc.?

PM him saying why you think you're qualified to be a mod, there is no list (That'd make it too easy! ;D)

edit: Lol, ninja'd.

I'm trying out to be a General discussion mod. Hope I get the position.

Edited by scratcher_cat

Are the new moderators going to be posted here, like TJ just edits his post? Or is there going to be a new topic in the news?

Usually it just happens unannounced. ^^ Just Poof. You're a mod!

Usually it just happens unannounced. ^^ Just Poof. You're a mod!

But then how would the new mod learn how to use the tools. Like, how to lock threads and move stuff?

So it will be a surprise, even to the newly appointed Mod.... right?

Yes. xd.png Or at least, it was for me. ^^; I was roaming around the forums. One post I was normal, the next post I was dressed in red.

For the tools and such, when you become a moderator, you have a whole system of more experienced moderators ready to help you.

Yup! When I became a mod it was after the forum had gone down for a while and when it came back, poof! There I was in blue. :3

As for learning their way around the modding stuff, they have all the more experienced mods and even a write-up from TJ and they can always ask questions. :3

Yup! When I became a mod it was after the forum had gone down for a while and when it came back, poof! There I was in blue. :3

As for learning their way around the modding stuff, they have all the more experienced mods and even a write-up from TJ and they can always ask questions. :3

That seems like quite the surprise....o_o

Hmmm, would seventeen be a too young of age? Just wondering..

I think Cheeze is younger, so no, I don't think so.

But that's only IIRC.

It doesn't really matter, anyways - it's maturity what counts, not age.

As Rhea said, it is maturity and not age that counts. ^^ We have moderators that are around 17 years old, so its fine.

Will TJ Pm The Different mods asking about us? Will He tell us how many applicants there were?

He gets final say, but we do see the shortened list of the people simply because we work with them on a day to day basis. Whether it goes public who applied, I'm not sure.

I think you might do well as a mod. Like i said earlier, you should trust your gut and not just let other people decide wheather or not you apply.

thank you SG.... that was very nice of you to say

I did apply, haven't heard anything back yet....

*waits and sees*

Edited by Rachel72

You will most likely not hear anything back at all. I never did. I was simply a mod one day. And since the deadline is not until Aug 23rd, do not expect anything to happen before then.

Even then, it will likely be at least a week after that, while we discuss the applicants.

You will most likely not hear anything back at all. I never did. I was simply a mod one day. And since the deadline is not until Aug 23rd, do not expect anything to happen before then.

Even then, it will likely be at least a week after that, while we discuss the applicants.

Thank you

When applying to be a Mod, it is always a good idea to follow the board rules. Spam is against the rules and members will receive warnings.

This is not a chat topic.

Mods have to be the types who are on all the time (or generally have a good time of being online) and must patrol threads every time, etc?

As well as answer to any "Reporting to MODs" PM's, right?

Not all the time (that's why we like generally more than one mod in each section) but being able to come on regularly definitely helps. You patrol threads, answer PMs, answer reports, jump in to stop drama or trolling, review descriptions (well, you don't have to, but it's appreciated :P), close down threads, clean threads, approve threads, ect. It may seem like a lot but when you have help, it's not really that much. I mean, I'm not constantly closing threads as duplicates or such, but you do just have to generally keep an eye out on your section/s. :3

Locking and cleaning and answering PM's and jumping in is ok...approving items, *sarcasm* sounds like fun. /sarcasm

Doesn't sound to tedious.... just a lot of "ground" to cover... which isn't unusual for Mods

Edited by Rachel72