TJ09

Moderator Applications

Does anyone know if TJ reads the applications after the deadline? I have added a message tracker to my PM and it still shows it is unread.

By the way Skypool, warn stands for when you do something bad. i.e spam, troll and things. The mods warn you for things like this.

Edited by Toneto

I'm hoping my 10% warn doesn't lower my chances. (i guess too much lol on ur thread can be a bad thing xd.png).

I don't know anything about the mod selection process, but I would guess it would depend more on maturity level, rather than age. I'm only 13, but I act more mature than most 16-18 year olds I know.

Good Luck Everyone! and wish me luck!

I gotta question, and I hope it doesn't count as spam, because that would suck so much.

Do past/current warns lower your chances of becoming a mod? I know the first post says they'll be taken into account, but does it lower the chances or is that just something he'll consider when choosing people? I'm just asking this to clarify. Thanks.

It depends on what you were warned for. If you were warned for disrespect and the likes. Then yes, they would definitely lower your chances. If you were warned for having a spam post, here and there, far in between, not so much.

If you were warned for disrespect when you first started, but you haven't gotten a warn like that in months, it can say that a person has matured/kept themselves in check while they are on the forums. It isn't a bad thing. It shows development. Now a clean warn history simply means that you've either a) generally had very good behavior or B) we haven't caught you yet. ~_^

Adding: If you're worried about spamming/warns, the safest way is to PM a moderator. We'll gladly answer any question through PM.

Silly smiley. This post is supposed to be srs.

Edited by Khallayne

Prior/recent warns, help us to understand how a member posts/interacts with other members. So yes they will have an influence on a potential mods ability to Moderate.

This thread is about moderator applications. If you have any questions concerning that, we will gladly answer them. All other topics are deemed as spam. It also doesn't look very good if you're applying but you can't stay on topic in this thread.

Now, keep in mind that if your warn bar hits 20% while you're applying, your application becomes void. The rules about spam apply in here as well; the moderators have said this enough. Breaking the rules does have consequences.

*nods* and understands

It could, depending on where you modded and how you modded and such, but I know I had no prior modding experience and it certainly didn't count against me. I think your behavior and such here is more important than prior modding experience elsewhere, but that's just my opinion. :3

@sockpuppet,

Okay :3 lol I wasn't sure.

Well yay, go me ;D I think I'm a sweetheart on here and have no past warns haha

But I guess we'll see...*gulps*

Also, does anyone know how many mods TJ is looking for?

I have a question...

When you become a mod, does someone help you at first, or do you just figure it out on your own?

I have no word on an exact amount TJ is looking for.

All the more experienced mods are more than happy to help you out when you become a mod!

:3

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I have a question...

When you become a mod, does someone help you at first, or do you just figure it out on your own?

We will help you. smile.gif We're all at your disposal for asking questions. There's also a guide that TJ has written up for when to use specific things, etc. We actually all still help each other. I poke _Z_ about things, and Kila when _Z_ isn't on frequently, even now.

*crosses fingers* I soooo want to approve some RPs :3

Noob question coming up...how does approval of threads work? Do you just get a notification or something? Or is it something else...?

*crosses fingers* I soooo want to approve some RPs :3

Noob question coming up...how does approval of threads work? Do you just get a notification or something? Or is it something else...?

Well, usually, the approver goes through the thread, pointing out errors and other things that need fixing. When the approver deems that the role-play has reached approval status, then they just move it. That's all there is to it, really.

It depends on what you were warned for. If you were warned for disrespect and the likes. Then yes, they would definitely lower your chances. If you were warned for having a spam post, here and there, far in between, not so much.

If you were warned for disrespect when you first started, but you haven't gotten a warn like that in months, it can say that a person has matured/kept themselves in check while they are on the forums. It isn't a bad thing. It shows development. Now a clean warn history simply means that you've either a) generally had very good behavior or cool.gif we haven't caught you yet. ~_^

Adding: If you're worried about spamming/warns, the safest way is to PM a moderator. We'll gladly answer any question through PM.

Silly smiley. This post is supposed to be srs.

So rudeness/disrespect has an affect, but spam doesn't really?

Man. That sucks for me if that's true. D:

Just because the posts asking you to not spam have been removed, does not mean you may spam now.

Please remember: This is about moderator applications. Nothing else. Questions regarding anything OTHER then your application should go in the HELP section - not this thread. Not even if part of your post does apply to this thread.

Edit: Yes, that also includes posts telling me I've missed a word in a sentence, which is accomplished just as easily with a PM. wink.gif

Edited by iarsma

What would be my chances of becoming a GD mod? I think around when I first joined these forums, I applied for a mod position, but I forget which one. =P. Back then I would've been waaaay over my head.

I hope this doesn't count as spam...

I don't see how any of us could really answer that or even what kind of answer we'd give. You'll either make it or you won't and if you don't you can always wait until there are new mod apps open.

I figured =]. Thank you for replying though.

I'm going to be one busy person. or should I say busier, if this gets accepted. with school and band and vocal lessons, pets and other stuff.

It could, depending on where you modded and how you modded and such, but I know I had no prior modding experience and it certainly didn't count against me. I think your behavior and such here is more important than prior modding experience elsewhere, but that's just my opinion. :3

Oh my. I wasn't aware of that; did we need to mention that in our application if it improved out chances this time/or not? o.O And also, if you had to add something to it, could you resend it? =3

If you think that it contributes to what would make you a good mod then yes, by all means, do put that on your application. :3

I would say yes you could re-send it if you needed, simply because I ended up pestering TJ with an application at least 3 or 4 times and he never PM'd back telling me to quit it. :3