stogucheme

Ability to Fog/Hide Adults and Frozen Hatchies

So, I want to be able to fog some of my dragons. Why? So that I don't get breed requests for certain dragons. Why won't the hide scroll option work? Because I want requesters to be able to browse through the dragons I am willing to breed. (I added frozen hatchies as well JIC.)

How would lineage pages look? It'd have a fog image instead of the sprite. A lineage like this, if the fogged dragon was the Purple Nebula, would show its parents but it would be a fogged image. (So as to not mess up others' lineages.)

Like it?

I would think having a fogged image would still mess up other people's images.

Say you had a pretty checker that included dragons from others' scrolls, if someone decided to fog one of the dragons outside your control it wouldn't be a pretty checker any more.

Like shroud? I would actually like this more as a BSA. I also like the stipulations in shroud better than this. ^^

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Also, why would you need to hide a frozen hatchling? It can't breed and so you can't be bothered by it being visible.

I'm assuming frozen hatchies would be included for the sake of allowing all no longer growing things to be hidden; they can't breed, but other people might still want to conceal them for organization purposes or something?

I'd be fine with this IF their image in lineages remained untouched. If someone clicks on a dragon in a lineage that's hidden, they'd just be directed to the standard blah blah blah you can't find the dragon you're looking for page, so even with them remaining visible in lineages no one would be able to know who owned them and thus would be unable to pester that person.

I agree, but I think the dragon's own lineage page should be fogged, so the lineage page can't be a workaround for the fogging.

I agree with PF13. It used to be possible to do just that with hidden eggs and/or hatchlings, and the feature would be useless that way. Also, the pedigree page of a hidden dragon should be blocked, too - or people could just go to the pedigree page, click on one of the children of the fogged dragon and then just look at the lineage of said child, thereby also viewing the hidden lineage. blink.gif Too complicated?

I would NOT be happy if I got a load of foggy bits showing up on a lineage of mine sad.gif

OR if I were offered a trade and I couldn't see what was in there.

I'm not really very fond of this idea. If you don't want breeding request you could always list these dragons on your profile page. Or just tell the person no. I don't see any reason to fog adults.

I'm not really very fond of this idea. If you don't want breeding request you could always list these dragons on your profile page. Or just tell the person no. I don't see any reason to fog adults.

I agree, much easier to just say, "sorry, I don't breed that dragon on request" I already do that a lot with my red dorsal x Alt sweet lineage- If I get an egg ,I offer , but I don't take requests. I don't see the need to fog it

hide your scroll name, but offer to breed pairs you are willing to breed in the appropriate thread ,that way you won't get random requests.

Edited by dragonpuck

Here's the problem, which works best with Holiday users: Pretend someone has 2 Hollies. 1 adult, 1 frozen. They're swarmed with breeding requests and "how could you freeze teh rare Holly???" They'd probably want to fog them.

Here's the problem, which works best with Holiday users: Pretend someone has 2 Hollies. 1 adult, 1 frozen. They're swarmed with breeding requests and "how could you freeze teh rare Holly???" They'd probably want to fog them.

Well, to the how could you freeze the rare - I'd just say "So you will never get an egg from me." xd.png

But no way do I want to hide a grown up anything. Even given the few abusers of the PM system here. mad.gif I get occasional breeding requests for my Hollies and I just say sure - I will add you to my list,, which currently runs to 2018. I find that is a pretty good deterrent. I have been polite and there's no point their asking again. biggrin.gif

Like shroud? I would actually like this more as a BSA. I also like the stipulations in shroud better than this. ^^

This, as well. While it would be nice, it seems a bit overboard. If you don't want someone to ask for a certain dragon you have, simply say 'No, I'm not breeding that dragon for people'. I'm sure no one would take it the wrong way.

I would like to be able to hide individual adults from everyone but myself, where they would not be able to be viewed on the /user/Usernamegoeshere page, and only on the view/lineage pages to you. It could work like this:

Hide Hide the dragon from public view. Nobody else will be able to know it exists.

*Clicks*

The dragon sinks into the depths of your cave to a place where nobody but you can find it.

Unhide Return the dragon to public view, allowing others to see it.

*Clicks*

The dragon emerges from the shadows, revealing itself once again to the world.

I still find hiding them on lineages to be silly and pointless. Even if they show in lineages, if clicking them results in the hidden message, no one can tell who owns them and thus no one can bother you about them.

Hiding on user's scrolls and on the dragon's view page while leaving them visible in lineages: sure!

Hiding on user's scrolls, the dragon's view page, and lineages: absolutely no.