urufu

How to Train Your Dragon

This movie...oh my lawd. It never fails to give me goosebumps. <33

I love all of the dragon's designs, too. Especially Night Furies and their salamander-shaped heads. 8D

They refer to it as "Red Death". I'm not sure if that's the breed's name or just a nickname for that particular dragon, though.

It's the name of the dragon. If I remember correctly, the first book did say what kind of a dragon it was... 'Giganticus Seadrgonus' or something like that. Oh wait, that the latin one. The breed's Sea Dragon.

Gotta say, while both books and the film was awesome, I can't help but over-analyse the film while I was watching it. Meh.

I think I love both the book and the movie, Toothless eating fishes always makes me smile in the movies. ^^

They refer to it as "Red Death". I'm not sure if that's the breed's name or just a nickname for that particular dragon, though.

Ahhh I see. Thanks for the info. Odd that it would be called that since it was a blue color in the movie.

I watched the movie long before I even knew the books existed, and it's still one of my favorite movies. The animation is amazing.

And according to Wikipedia, there's going to be a sequel. In 2014. It better be good if we have to wait four years since the original came out. dry.gif

I loved that movie! I want to check out the T.V series too. Toothless is too cute to even exist. I love how he goes from moody and threatening to friendly and downright adorable in half a second. However, Skrills are my favorite breed. (they aren't in the movie)

I watched the movie long before I even knew the books existed, and it's still one of my favorite movies. The animation is amazing.

And according to Wikipedia, there's going to be a sequel. In 2014. It better be good if we have to wait four years since the original came out. dry.gif

It isn't exactly quick to produce these kinds of animations.

It isn't exactly quick to produce these kinds of animations.

^ that. If I'm not wrong, to produce an animation movie, the finished product requires several heavy-duty computers to hold it. There's about a few billion GB in a movie alone. ohmy.gif

They have to have artists who will draw the characters out, digital artists who flesh them out in the screen, and animators who make them move they way they do. All these take lots of time and communication.

All in all, movies are giant projects that use AND bring in loads of money. xd.png

Creating an animation movie does take long...

First of they need to do research and get permission from authors to use the stories. Then there is to see how much money is available.

Then the sketch artists come to play and thousands of ideas get to be thrown around but they still need the thumbs up from the author.

If all goes well and the story has been laid out and sketches have been done, then the computer artists come to play.

Each and every thing is basically build up from a block and upon layers of layers is given. Sometimes there is just one guy who does just the one thing… like the background of the village or what not.

From there movement is added and they story starts pulling together, scene by scene.

When every thing is ready they use a super computer to merge everything and that’s called rendering. This is the tough part cause it takes so long… and when there is mistakes in the thing then you have to fix it and restart the process of rendering.

From there voices of the actors are added and so on… then you get your movie.

It is a very long process... but with today's and the future's technology it will hopefully go faster.

Yeah, I know it takes awhile, and How to Train Your Dragon had amazing animation. I'm just annoyed that I have to wait that long for a sequel.

I never knew a book existed!

Loved the movie!

HICCUP! BEST-NAME-EVARRRR!!!!

^ that. If I'm not wrong, to produce an animation movie, the finished product requires several heavy-duty computers to hold it. There's about a few billion GB in a movie alone.....

Few billion? I've seen disks with about 3 animation films on them, i doubt one disc could hold a single movie if it was a few billion GB tongue.gif

Still, a few hundred, low thousands biggrin.gif

Few billion? I've seen disks with about 3 animation films on them, i doubt one disc could hold a single movie if it was a few billion GB tongue.gif

Still, a few hundred, low thousands biggrin.gif

You have the finished product compressed into a disk. During the movie making, they have to keep all the required items that make the movie how it is in its original form, just in case there are amendments and all that. So, there'll be millions of files just for that one movie alone, just like a group project in your class; everyone does a section, you collect everything and compile it into a single report. The same principle applies here, only on a larger scale smile.gif

I like the movie, watched it in Spanish biggrin.gif What's the dragon's English name, Toothless, right?