eleka

Star Wars

I have been reading a lot of fan fiction so I resently watched all six movies in a row. biggrin.gif

I liked 4-6 better then the first 3.

I feel the same way. I love the "first" three and all but the 4-6 are the best. biggrin.gif

I feel the same way. I love the "first" three and all but the 4-6  are the best. biggrin.gif

I am glad they never did 7-9 where Luke and the gang are much older and yet they are still fighting the Empire.

Edited by Jedi40

Actually, George Lucas was originally planning on it, but with all of the authors creating the EU (Extended Universe) he ultimately decided to abandon the idea and leave it to them.

Yeah I know he was planing it, glad he went with the novels instead.

I liked

A New Hope

Return of the Jedi

Empire Strikes Back

I think my order of preference changes from time to time but I will have to watch Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith again. There were moments in all these films which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Phantom Menace I enjoyed the part of Tatooine, the Royalty and the roles of Supreme Chancellor Finis Valorum, Bale Organa, Dath Maul and of course Obi Wan and Qui-Gon Jinn was okay, but I think cus I liked Ulic Qel Droma so much, and Nomi Sunrider, that the efforts on Qui-Gon Jinns background seemed weak. (ie meet ultra tough and good jedi).

I enjoyed the Clone Wars animated movie and series !! These were great and really refreshing in terms of artwork and CGI.

Attack of the Clones had its moments, I liked the growing of age of Anakin Skywalker, but generally this film was about cool as &$*£ Bounty Hunters, I really do have so little interest for anything Dooku related in this movie. For the time being. Also out of the three pre-quels, this movie had the best theatrical poster.

user posted image

Revenge of the Sith was good in the very small details, like CGI, one liners, shoot-outs; The much larger picture was epic, as its basically "The birth of the guy in the black suit with asthma that plagued the 80 so much" But all in all, the things that depressed me in the first two prequels, ultimately made me super depressive in this Hayden Christensen movie ! Quite ! I'll probably regret saying that, but still. Big characters for me in this movie, were C3PO, and er.... I guess Darth Vader, and of course Luke and Leia. Cute xd.png

Other characters worth mentioning. Watto, I heard one internet rumour sometime ago that he was infact a dark sith, hmmmmm. Mace Windu, yeah indifferent, it was really cool having Samual L Jackson cast, but as a character I felt he was loose.

Zam Wessel, it had a really nice costume! Cool character, shame it died. Or did it? user posted image

General Grievous was a very good character. Perhaps if there was more characters as strong and powerful as this and less of characters like Mace Windu and Jar Jar Binks, me sir woulda been appy !!!!

I love the original trilogy far more than the prequels. The prequel trilogy depressed the heck out of me.

Overall I'm a Star Wars fan. I geek out over it on a daily basis and when I figured out that Moleskine makes Star Wars notebooks I almost died of happiness (and then bought three).

any SWarzians up for a challenge, I can pop off messages for you in Mando'a and Huttese for yinz to translate xd.png though that might need to become a Forum Games thing...guess the message in a fictional language?

I have read all of the books except for the ebooks, the x-wing and the Sith ones. I like the books to have the characters that were in the movies.

Actually, the X-Wing series does have characters that were in the movies. Granted, the characters are minor characters that didn't have much screen time (Wedge Antilles primarily), but Luke and Leia have cameos and Han is the commanding officer in the seventh book.

Personally, I really only like movie characters to have a cameo--especially the Skywalkers, the less of them I see, the happier Nacho I am. Han and Chewie showing up I don't mind though. I guess I've just gotten really nitpicky about the Jedi and how Mary Sue almost all of them feel.

Actually, the X-Wing series does have characters that were in the movies. Granted, the characters are minor characters that didn't have much screen time (Wedge Antilles primarily), but Luke and Leia have cameos and Han is the commanding officer in the seventh book.

But they are not the main focus of that series..so that kind of series is not for me.

I first watched Star Wars when I was about 5. Whenever my parents went out us kids would sneak into their room to watch the movies. We watched 6 the most often, because at that point killer teddy bears were just cool.

Now that I'm older I'm finding that a creepy thought...

i am officially resurrecting this very old thread because .....

THE FORCE AWAKENS !!!

omg

anyone seen and want to discuss?

Haven't see it yet! Going with a bunch of my geeky friends (I'm one of those, so it's okay cause we all know our title) to see it hopefully soon!

I think we are planning in a week or two so there are less crowds

I've already seen it! It was great, saw it last night. Everyone was cheering and clapping, and many people dressed up.

i saw it last night too Meg. & i absolutely loved it!

i am a die-hard fan of the holy trilogy (eps. 4-6) and nothing will ever compare to those, but this could be a close second.

i had a stupid grin on my face the whole movie!

i hope you have fun clya! i havent talked to anyone yet who didnt love it. so i am sure you will have fun smile.gif

I'm Going To See The New Movie Soon, I Just Want To Wait For The Crowds To Die Down. And I Loved The Rest Of The Movies In General, But I Was Quite Young When I Watched All Of Them. I Might Watch Them Again.

I want to see the new movie sooooooooooo badly!

And no spoilers! I told my friends that if anyone leaks spoilers while I'm around will have my rage.

Maybe this weekend or during the week I'll be able to go.

Currently re-watching the original trilogy in preparation for the new film. Can't wait!

(will be going with my best friend and my brother some time in the new year)

I went to see the movie today and I liked it and disliked it.

SPOILER----!!!

I mainly disliked it because how the heck did Ray know how to control the force so swiftly? She didn't go through ANY jedi training whatsoever and that's what irked me the most. Her ability to wield the power of the force and being so good with the light saber that she was equaled to or basically even better than the new bad guy who's the son of Han Solo and Princess Leia (I forgot his name, haha). I definitely don't want it to be the "chosen one" type of scenario or something like that just to explain her gifted abilities in suddenly becoming just some scavenger who's really good with mechanical parts of ships and what not to THE jedi to be trained by Luke. It seemed like their adventure happened all in one day...actually it might have been two days.

However, I enjoyed it regardless of this because of the nostalgia.

Edited by Bexasaurus

saw it with the Hubby and a good buddy of ours on Sat.

i'm not into the franchise, the Hubby is tho. i've tried to get into the movies, but ... they dont appeal to me for some reason. its not cause i'm not a geek or nerd; i'm 100% a Trekker and X-Filer and the Hubby and i play D&D on a weekly basis ... but i even as a kid i couldn't get into Star Wars (except the Ewoks wub.gif )

anyways ... for me, my fav part of the movie was the previews. and i dont say this because the movie wasn't good (the graphics were outstanding!)

i say it because ZOMG Civil War, ID4:2 and Warcraft previews!!! *has a nerdgasm* the only thing missing was a Deadpool Trailer and Suicide Squad xd.png

the movie itself though ... it was WAY too much like Episode 4 to get excited over. i mean, if Disney was writing a paper on Star Wars in school, they'd be kicked out for plagiarism imo given the improvements in graphics and the time and money Disney had for this property; as well as all of the hype around it .... i expected more than a reboot of A New Hope.

*this post contains spoilers so, read at your own risk*'

Maybe I am crazy, but I don't really think it is that much of a stretch to think that a girl who has been carrying around a staff for defense most of her life could be good with a light saber.

as for controlling the force, i am withholding judgement on that, because we have no idea of her backstory as of yet. i think there is an obvious tie to the Skywalker family. It could be possible that she has a midichlorian count higher than even Anakin...

she does have a mental block as witnessed by her flashbacks when she touched Luke's saber, so for all we know she was taught how to use the force before she was abandoned on Jakku ...

Also when she battled with Kylo Ren at the end, we have to remember Ren was no where near his full strength, he had just been shot by Chewie, killed his own father, and he had just battled with Finn. so, yes, with all these handicaps Rey was able to hold her own at the very end of the battle before being forced (ignore my bad pun) to stop fighting.

i hope this message does not sound like i am attacking anyone's opinions. i just started thinking and then typing and then it turned into a rant. haha

Edited by nepenthe.catharsis

I have been a long time Star Wars fan almost since the movies came out. Saw the Force Awakens today.

Yes in many ways it seemed like SW 4 but like A new Hope it is laying down the start of the story and I think J.J Abrams and Disney wanted to give a feel of something familiar to start people off on. If this continues in telling the same old story over and over then I will not be impressed.

I agree with Rey and her force abilities but as nepenthe.cartharsis pointed out there are a lot of things we don't know fully. We don't know Rey's story or how skilled she became scavenging and clearly learning how to fly other machines/transports could mean she would be good at knowing how to fix or work on the Falcon. Though she does have a bit of a Mary sue like feel to her and I hope that is rectified later as well.

I think it was very well done and I am going to see it again.