Elirium

Inception

Possibly because they were practicing creating realistic worlds that could fool someone into thinking they weren't actually asleep?  I imagine the movie would've had a slightly different tone if they decided to spend screentime with Ariadne tooling around creating just any subconscious dream world. 

I've found a fairly awesome graphic that gives a neat explanation of what happened in the movie.  :D  Here Be Spoilers.

Am I the only one who thinks that would be more apt upside-down? I always felt like they were travelling down the layers toward the subconscious rather than up. >>

That aside, I wasn't really harping on the layers they made. If you check back at my post I did mention that I understood the purpose in the first three layers (which was the farthest they intended to go in the first place) because they needed to create a place where they could not only hide from projections but also fool the target.

I just didn't understand why the subconscious was depicted the way it was. I just think Cobb's subconscious is boring. :(

Edited by Lythiaren

There was an article on how clothes factored into another layer of the movie... I'll try to find it, but has anyone else read it?

No, but I hope I will.

And yes, @lyth, the movie did mention they were "traveling deeper" into the sub-conscious.

I found the effects really interesting; like in the second layer, when the guy had tethered them all together and pushed them? I was sat in the cinema, trying to work out how they did that with the green screen and things. I mean, then rotated at all angles at some points. But I like the concept of the film, I'm glad that I payed attention.

I went to watch it last week with my friends, and I must say that I truly enjoyed it.

Granted, I didn't understand what was happening for the first half of the movie, but I loved the idea behind it, as well as the effects. It had me thoroughly confused, but I loved the sensation of the pieces falling into place and me figuring out what was happening. The ending was just so *spoiler-ish*... but honestly, I thought it was toppling. It so totally was.

It was very attention-grabbing as well. I think I was totally absorbed in the movie. *more spoilers* Especially when they're actually doing the inception and creating all those layers; dreams within dreams. For some reason, I thought that the second layer was actually reality, and I was like "ZOMG THEY'RE GONNA DROWN WHEN THEY WAKE UP WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DOOOO" and totally forgot that they were actually in a plane. X3 It had me that into it.

So yes, people, go watch it.

Clothes as a layer? I want to read that, now. =)

It was toppling, I agree. Everyone in the theatre I was in saw that, and started laughing. ^^

I thought it was spinning. The kids looked too young and he was gone too long. Edited by Drer'Ahv

I thought it was spinning. The kids looked too young and he was gone too long.

But it's just so sad thinking that he never made it back, that Dom just stayed down there. ;____;

Though really, if I were given the choice, I don't know what I'd do...

I agree with everyone, seriously epic @__@ It's the one film I've ever seen that convinces me I want to watch movies more - I walked out with the same sort of stunned mind[....]ed feeling I usually only get with books.

It's so awesome that something can both be so smart and open to interpretation, but still be so accessible <3

I thought it was spinning. The kids looked too young and he was gone too long.

But did they say how long he was gone? I was under the impression he was only away a few months to a year, maybe two. Plus we'd never seen the kids' faces, and we did hear the phone call which implied they were still pretty young as it was.

Edited by Lythiaren

Clothes as a layer? I want to read that, now. =)

It was toppling, I agree. Everyone in the theatre I was in saw that, and started laughing. ^^

> What clothes are the kids wearing each time he sees them?

The same ones each time until the last, where the clothes are subtly different. (I didn't notice, but the costume designer claims they're different, so..)

It doesn't honestly matter to me whether the top actually falls or not; what's important to me is that he doesn't care whether it falls. He just goes away to the reunion.

HOLY CARP I'M GOING TO GO SEE IT TODAY AND I'M SO EXCITEEEED 8D

In about two hours I go. I can't wait! x3

I went to see it yesterday.

Conclusion: Best movie in the history of ever.

^ Win.

Anyway, that ending really freaked me and my sister out when we went to go see it. We were the only ones in the theater, so we were shouting "Fall! Fall! Fall! Fall! Fall!" and then it started to fall and the movie ended and we were like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

I'm addicted to the fanfiction ^^; Although the sheer number of ArthurxEames fics out there kinda makes me sad. Well, fan-people, if you insist.

Its confusing me, to some extent.

But I might watch it.

I'm addicted to the fanfiction ^^; Although the sheer number of ArthurxEames fics out there kinda makes me sad. Well, fan-people, if you insist.

I don't read fanfiction. But I'm sure there could be worse combinations!

Hehe...Eames is my favourite character. ^^

Arthur is my friend's favourite. I think...

Bump. Kinda.

Well, watched it again last night. Arthur was indeed my friend's favourite. And Eames is still mine, although Saito's pretty cool. xd.png

I've seen it...erm...five times? I forget xd.png Heh, it kinda gets boring after the third or fourth time.

I can imagine, if you watched it that often within such a short space of time. xd.png

It's only been out for less than a year.