Elirium

Inception

Inception Trailer

We've all seen the trailers. They've been plastered all over the front page of Youtube, in the cinemas, in pop-ups...so, what do you think about this new film? It is being showed for the first time at midnight tomorrow.

From what I can gather it's about these people that gather information about crimes and such by forcing people to go into a dreamstate and populate said dream with their secrets. They then infiltrate the dream, steal the secrets/information, and get out.

All I can say is I'm excited. With an all-star cast and a highly original plot, I'm quite certain that it'll be a film at least worth seeing in theatres.

I just saw the movie. My brain is mush. You'll have to see it about 73 times to understand it. I'm so lost that I'll be up for the next two days trying to figure it out. And when I sleep, I'll have some weird-ass dreams.

What they do is pretty much what Drer' Ahv said, but in the movie they plant an idea. Inception as they call it. Inception means the beginning of; the undertaking of. It's not all about planting the idea, but more importantly it focuses on Dom, DiCaprio. It's about his life really, and... Well, watch the movie and message me if you're still lost. xd.png *is lost herself*

Edited by Kokay

I want to see to go see this movie in IMAX... (man all that bass, you can like feel the movements and the buidings tumbling)

I want to see the movie in whatever I can afford. Man, if I have to pay ten dollars to see the movie on a screen one inch wide, then so help me God I will do it.

The special effects look cool. But for the life of me I have yet to find a trailer that has actually explained what the movie is about. And that, to me, is always suspicious.

Yeah, the trailers did a terrible job. But, the reason is, the movie is so darned complicated. I'm only just beginning to understand it. And, that's from thinking about it nonstop for the past 7 hours.

The special effects are amazing. It makes the movie believable. It's best though, no doubt, in Imax.

Saw the movie at the midnight showing.

It's now my favorite movie. So unique and amazing. The plot was fantastic as well. I suggest that all go see it.

Agreed sevenfold, Ranga. I saw it at the Premiere too. Amazing graphics, great storyline, and well played characters. Not to mention Ellen Page (one of my favorite actors)

This was so intricate and complex. I really liked it, especially since it didn't stray too far from accepted psychology regarding dreams. And, of course, Marion Cotillard. I love her in pretty much everything. The movie has bestowed the gift of bizarre dreams, of course. So fantastic. biggrin.gif

Goddammit now I'm paranoid, confused, and extremely frustrated. The ending was like, the worst and best ending rolled into one. Best just because of... not spoiling, but worst because it was so censorkippin' a's;dlfj a;slfj not an ending!

We've been talking about it all day. biggrin.gif I love movies that make you really think.

My brain is mush. You'll have to see it about 73 times to understand it. I'm so lost that I'll be up for the next two days trying to figure it out. And when I sleep, I'll have some weird-ass dreams.

This very much so >.> Imagine a lucid dream about Inception/in an Inception setting. Trippy.

It seems like everyone that watches it loves it. o.O I haven't seen any bad press about it at all Even for Avatar there was bad press.

Better than Avatar? Y/N

What a wild ride that movie was.

I say definitely better than Avatar. Now, I loved Avatar. It was grand. But it was an extremely simple movie, when cut down to the bare bones of things. Inception had so much more depth, of both story and characters. That, and it was so surreal and unreal, whereas Avatar was making an effort to be as realistic as they could manage in such a fantastical setting, and I tend to like some surreal in my movies. Depending on the movie, of course. In this case it was absolutely necessary.

Despite the relative complexity and depth of everything, I really didn't have any trouble understanding what was going on. It wasn't confusing for me at all, and when all the shiny is stripped away, they really only have just one very simple goal. It's easy to lose sight of that goal, I think, what with all that happens in the movie, but I think it was put together very well.

I have a theory, actually. A movie's most important factor is its immersion. If it sucks you in and makes you feel like a part of what's going on, it doesn't matter what all else happens. It's the things that break immersion that make movies more unlikeable. In this case, Inception didn't just pull you in, it kept pulling and pulling and pulling throughout the entire film, as the characters descended level after level into the dream, and anything that might have served to break the immersion was just another part of the dream. I'm not sure that was intentional (though I suspect it was), but either way it was a brilliant strategy.

What do y'all think about a 3-D version of Inception? I for one would want to see that.

I saw Inception on Saturday. It was awesome, but also very confusing. And a 3D version would be awesome, but it would completley boggle my mind. blink.gif

How do people decide on which movies to show/make as 3D movies? Because I'm actually really hoping that there'll be some version or summat that I can see in 3D. I know they have 3D TVs nowadays, saw one at a friend's house, sooo...

How do people decide on which movies to show/make as 3D movies? Because I'm actually really hoping that there'll be some version or summat that I can see in 3D. I know they have 3D TVs nowadays, saw one at a friend's house, sooo...

It depends on the movie. I imagine some are always intended to be 3D (Pirahna3D), so it can be used as a marketing tool, while others (The Last Airbender) are made 3D after the fact (also as a marketing tool). I'm not up to date on the technology at the moment, but I would imagine that computers would make the conversion easier than it has been in the past. The producer and director may or may not have an influence, depending on their level of clout. I think if Christopher Nolan wanted Inception to be in 3D, for instance, he definitely could have made it happen (and I wish he had).

Whether 3D is well utilized...that's another matter. I think the best use I've seen was in Avatar-the added visual depth made the experience much richer, IMO. Oddly, My Bloody Valentine made liberal use of 3D as well, and I really think it improved the experience. Animated films have an easier time of being translated to 3D, as I understand it, since adding an extra dimension is simpler when the 'world' that is being 'filmed' is purely digital.

Edited by WereJace

I saw an article that said he refused to make it in 3D or let it be converted. Which, with the deluge of 3D censorkip.gif recently, I can totally understand. Plus it was awesome all on its own.

Oh, I remember the reason now why he didn't want it in 3D, I think. The article was about how the 3D conversion makes the screen so much darker and had quotes of people talking about various movies - "even Avatar was dark" "couldn't see anything in Last Airbender except occasional motions and had to take off the glasses to watch it in 2D".

At least I think that was the same article. >_> It's lost on Yahoo! somewhere now.

Huh. Well, it was rather dark already. I thought that was just the theater I was going to, though.

Pity.