Elirium

Inception

Agree with the vast majority. This movie was done so well and it's a cool concept. Imagine if you were an architect. You could spend every night watching a movie where you're the star.

I don't really get too how you could say the effects weren't cool. Yes, they weren't mind-blowing, the kind of crap where it feels like you're on a constant acid trip as Avatar was. But come on, all those 0 gravity fight scenes and bending the world continuously? Pretty awesome.

Obviously the best thing about this movie is the plot. It's a deep analysis of the subconcious in a way most people don't look at it. It touched on some rather important themes of life, father son relationships, love, loss, reality? If you've ever found yourself questioning what is real, this is the movie for you. I know I have.

That movie was awesome! biggrin.gif

I don't get how some people think its a confusing movie though.

I had some interesting dreams after watching this movie.

I have had dreams were I went to sleep in the dream and had a dream with in a dream. rolleyes.gif

I Inception'd myself last week - a nightmare in a dream in a dream in a nightmare in a dream.

Who's interested in the fanfiction? I am - I tend to re-read my favorites several times over and I'm constantly looking for recs. (this goes for all my fandoms, by the way.) If anyone's looking, I recommend Neater That Way and Monochrome especially. Ask me if you'd like more. biggrin.gif

It's a pretty good movie...

Only my dream police wouldn't be armed with guns. I'd probably have an army of Weeping Angel from Doctor Who, a couple of Shadow Lugia from Pokemon.... annnd Agent Smith.

I haven't seen it, but spending time around Cracked I figured out the story and concept was pulled from a Donald Duck comic. I guess I need to watch/read both to make my opinion on it.

It's a pretty good movie...

Only my dream police wouldn't be armed with guns. I'd probably have an army of Weeping Angel from Doctor Who, a couple of Shadow Lugia from Pokemon.... annnd Agent Smith.

I would have to have a Mewtwo in there somewhere. xd.png

And one or maybe two carrots...

And a shiny Ditto...

Maybe the Master... too. :3 :3

I just realised... what the hell was with the supposed mazes? The mazes weren't maze-like and didn't do anything at all! *summons up random brick wall.

And one or maybe two carrots...

And a shiny Ditto...

Maybe the Master... too. :3 :3

I just realised... what the hell was with the supposed mazes? The mazes weren't maze-like and didn't do anything at all! *summons up random brick wall.

Which mazes are you talking about?

There wasn't too much paradoxical architecture, (xd.png airvent, stair).

:/ Didn't mislead the projections much :3

Edited by DarkEternity

I loved this movie such a great concept I just hope they don't make a sequel [indirect maybe but direct no] cause I feel that would ruin the originality of the movie. the concept it's self is great and they could possibly make more movies using that dream within a dream within a dream within a dream etc. but the story from inception is done and doesn't need a sequel.

I loved this movie such a great concept I just hope they don't make a sequel [indirect maybe but direct no] cause I feel that would ruin the originality of the movie. the concept it's self is great and they could possibly make more movies using that dream within a dream within a dream within a dream etc. but the story from inception is done and doesn't need a sequel.

Agreed!

[...]

There wasn't too much paradoxical architecture, (xd.png airvent, stair).

:/ Didn't mislead the projections much :3

The mazes/weird architecture is meant to keep projections away. So maybe we just don't see it? The architects build huge cityscapes but we only see a few buildings flash by, so the viewer would have no idea of the overall layout. The extractor teams only move around in a small area. The projections might be wandering around outside, unable to get close to the extractors, because they're lost in the mazes. If the projections were close enough that the extractors were running into the stuff meant to keep projections out, they'd be in serious trouble :'P

Also, as Arthur's Penrose stairs show, the paradoxes aren't visible unless the team actually needs them. I think on the snow level, Robert/Saito are climbing a wall to reach the fortress, then they drop to avoid the avalanche and somehow they are at the fortress which is now below instead of above..?

Just a thought. smile.gif I've seen somewhere in the fandom a plausible explanation for pretty much everything that happens in Inception, so it might not even be mine originally.

Edited by kadoatie

this was a great movie, and so much fun to see! though, its still very trippy lol.