Stunningfire

Neopets

Haw? What's convertion, or Darigan Draiks?

I haven't played much, although I learned alot.png from my cousin's apparantly 'borrowed' neopets magazine.

Edited by rainpeltstar

A darigan draik is just what it sounds like, a Draik painted Darigan.

Coversion was a thing where the art style drastically changed, more or less. Some pets auto-changed, some had an option to remain as they were.

I have about twenty of those neopets from McDonald's.

http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=caitykins1999

This is my first account ever. I guess I didn't have a werelupe. Oh yeah, traded it.

Hurm. I miss that account.

http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=mam9966

My brother's account.

I'm gonna make a new account on there...

Edited by Qwackie

Oh man, I use to play Neopets. I joined when the site was only a couple years old...then they sold the site. And then the prices of draik eggs went through the roof. Back when I played the cheapest draik egg cost about 200k np, I actually went back on right now and they're 27 million?

Now I remember why I quit tongue.gif I didn't really enjoy the game after Nick got it's hands on it, but my dream was to get a draik. Oh well lol

http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=andcip

My account, I wonder what was going through my mind. Camo Kougra plumber? Gypsy Christmas Lenny? And that layout! tongue.gif

Edited by Rendivaunci

My account. :P I used to create layouts for folks. It seems to still work fine, at least.

Lol, I remember making Mr_bigglesworth my lab rat~ Never liked the Jubjubs...

The prices just keep rising...and rising...and rising...

I'll never get the lab map. DX

The prices just keep rising...and rising...and rising...

I'll never get the lab map. DX

Back in my day, lab map pieces cost what they do now for the entire set! *waves cane around*

Really though, what the heck caused all the inflation?

Not really bitter about anything that changed on Neopets, unlike most of the people here. My fault I invested my time and emotions into a free site always open to change no user has control over. I quit because I was spending too much time there, not because I was particularly pissed at the site itself.

by the same rationale I should REALLY quit DC, {....} it

(Not that the redraws weren't awful, but I got into trading for UCs early and didn't have to look at them anyway tongue.gif)

I played for about six years and was extremely addicted for the last two. About last .. October? I decided to quit and self-iced after giving just about everything away, except a last few UCs I was rather fond of.

Pity; the way my accounts were, I probably could have borrowed 30m without collateral and had fun {....}ing around for a bit.

Then last month I made another account just to play NeoQuest 2 again. Haven't done anything else, thank goodness <3

--

Really though, what the heck caused all the inflation?

There's a huge influx of np - games, prizes, etc. and not enough money sinks, so everyone continually gets more np while the number of desirable items doesn't rise that fast. Richer users also have the ability to pay whatever, which drives prices up. Supply/demand disconnect.

Edited by kadoatie

Games are not very good money sources. Especially as you can only send three scores per day per game, and only get up to 1000 np every time...

Most rich Neopians get all their money from winning an item from some luck thing or other. *jealous*

And then they give away more expensive items.

And more neopoints, too.

I made layouts for people and charged them for it... along with selling various things and playing a lot of games. :P I just didn't buy anything at all. Not even food. Lol my pets are starving~

It was a great game.

Then Viacom came.

I did love the stock market though; I had an account but then I forgot the password and the e-mail account I'd used was closed.

Oh well.

Edited by pokemonzoo

Viacom owned them for a long time and it was still good for a while. When they completely sold the company it went majorly downhill.

Back in the day, I made all my money playing games. I made millions that way honestly.

The stock market! Thanks for reminding me!!! *runs*

OMG. I just earned 100k...

Wow...I can never resist spending all my nps as soon as I get them.

I need to learn how to save. *heads to bank*

I guess I decided to rejoin at a good time, when you could submit game scores 8 times a day instead of the usual 3. Easy 30K everyday, just from playing 4 different games B)

But yeah, I joined again this summer with a couple of my friends as a way of curing our boredom. It worked for about a month, and I managed to get enough money for that lab map I've always wanted, but never got, about 6 years ago when I played regularly.

*misses when you could send 10 scores a day*

I could have earned 100k everyday, if I worked hard enough...but I'm too lazy, that's my problem...

And that's why I only managed to get 30K in a day. My friend somehow managed to get over 1mil in just a week, purely from games. He was obviously very bored ._.

The only reason I log in now is for avatars, to play games when I'm really bored, and to use the lab ray to make up for the 6 years I held onto those two lab map pieces and never did anything with them.

Ooh, new avatar! *rushes over*

I still need to save up for the lab map. *knows she'll never get it*

Just remember every np you earn from games is another little bit of inflation waiting to happen ;')

I accumulated 50m or so over the entirety of my playing, mostly from auction and trade sniping. The richest people tend to be those that buy and resell items - moving the np other people originally got around - rather than those that play games and get np directly off the site.

I didn't sign up with an email that gave me anything for free. I was too stupid to buy good investments back when everything was ridiculously cheap. I didn't spend /that/ long earning np daily, either. But playing games is a losing proposition against inflation.

Restocking is so...frustrating...

But it makes people soooo rich...

And then...

MORE INFLATION

Try as you might, you could never beat Plushie Tycoon. 8(

But I like reading the old Caption Contest captions and leveling my petpet.

But its a shame you can only have 30 petpet battling sessions...