drgn11

Eggs as trophies?

I realized that a lot of people were asking for frozen eggs, and I thought that a good way to preserve them is as trophies! The eggs are approximately the same size in pixels as the trophies, so we could just use them directly and spriters don't have to do more work. They could be unlocked by collecting all forms of a specific dragon (S1, S2 M&F, and adult M&F)

I am well prepared for flaming ._., but don't be too harsh D:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

1-27-13

Bringing this really old idea back, and clarifying exactly what we decided long, long ago. If it's against current rules then it would be nice if a mod locked this.

Basically, when you collect a male and female adult dragon of a species, you would get an egg (not a real egg as if it were born from the adults) that goes into a nest trophy. You would only be able to get one of these egg sprites in your nest trophy regardless of how many adults of each gender you have. This idea was thought up shortly after the easter basket event so my idea is basically that except you don't click the eggs to put them in the basket, you unlock them.

Edited by drgn11

I like that idea but not that you have to unlock them because that would interfere with people's gameplay (what if they don't want frozens?). Maybe just if you have two adults of that species already you can choose to turn your egg into a trophy.

edit/ or an adult and a frozen. Or two frozens.

Edited by SlowHornpipe172

I think it would get far too cluttered to have an egg there for every species available. It's a cute idea, but I would much rather have the eggs in with the rest of the dragons.

It's a good thought, but to be honest I have to agree with Ryukotesusei. I'm one of the very few members who only gets one adult and one frozen hatchling of ever type of dragon, but have you SEEN some of the other people's scrolls? They have anywhere from 7-20 of a single type of dragon........

The trophies seem good to me for now.

Maybe we could make it so that there is an eggbasket there, like the Easter ones, that you click to see your egg trophies.

Thats a good idea, but how would we make the other basket contrasting enough from the Easter basket.

I like that idea, but there is one problem i'm corncerned with. Which lush egg would we use for the trophy?

i really like this idea

grow two adults of the species and you get the egg

there could be an option to: "Place it in the nest" "Leave it amongst your dragons" or "throw it away"

if you place it in the nest, you keep your scroll less cluttered with them, and it would work like the basket where you can click to view

leaving it with the dragons lets it act like a normal egg but would be "frozen" like the leetle tree, same thing as those in the basket but would just...not be in the basket xd.png

and if you throw it away it just goes poof

if you raise 2 more adults you can get another egg, incase some people want more than one

dragons with different egg sprites like dorsals and stripes would work like:

purple and red dorsals would by separate, as in you need 2 purples to get a purple, if you have a red and a purple you still need another of each

dragons with a limit of 2 eggs (holidays, summon, maybe other things like neglected and dinos) would just need one adult to get an egg

this would help with getting holiday eggs like christmas, since they aren't really eggs, but more of replicas, it shouldn't cause problems with the 2 limit rule

and people won't have to give up having a frozen hatchling

Edited by darkshadow5392

drgn11: all three? xd.png

darkshadow: I like that idea. Iunno about the "if they raise two more they can get another one". How would we implement that retroactively? I have ten Silvers on my scroll right now, and if we implemented this now would five silver eggs appear in the "nest"?

Yea, I don't really think people should have like 5-20 of one type...

Yea, I don't really think people should have like 5-20 of one type...

This is not a place to discuss people collecting. I am personally working on getting a Fel Army. There will probably be 20 of each sex when I am done with it.

But I think unlocking is not really cool. Some of us here do not devote our life to collecting eggs...

What if we had a BSA to "freeze" eggs... Like lets say the Ice Seasonal Dragon for example. It can have a 50% chance of working, while Fall Seasonals have a 20 - 25% chance. And maybe Springs with a 10% chance. A failure to "freeze" the egg with a Winter Seasonal can result in the egg becomming too brittle and falling apart... And a failure with a Spring or Fall Seasonal can result in making the egg shell too hard.

Meh, interesting thought.

I love this idea. A 'nest' next to our basket and trophy would hold these eggs. When you have collected 2 adults/frozen hatchlings (can be either, really) You get the option that dragonshadow said. Keep or throw it away.

(Pretty much restating what's already been said)

Even if you have a lot of this breed when this is implemented(if it ever is), you still only get 1 egg. After that, each 2 more you collect gets you another egg. That way people who have a lot of each breed dont have an advantage. Just like Summon, really.

(My idea to help the problem)

I am behind this idea 100%, and would love for it to be implemented.

Edited by blazinrider112

Even if you have a lot of this breed when this is implemented(if it ever is), you still only get 1 egg. After that, each 2 more you collect gets you another egg. That way people who have a lot of each breed dont have an advantage. Just like Summon, really.

(My idea to help the problem)

Seems Charu misunderstood... ^ This is what I meant...

Charu, I think drgn11 meant that a person shouldn't have 5-20 of the same egg in the nest.

I kind of think it should just be one egg in the nest, period, instead of one for every two adult dragons you have. Or there should be a maximum, like you can have up to three eggs and then you don't get any more (not many people collect more than six of a dragon unless they really like them or are working on a project, anyways).

eta// if you have an option to throw away an egg, then I think you should be able to get a replacement for it later. So even if you threw away your first egg you could still get three eggs eventually.

Edited by SlowHornpipe172

like you can have up to three eggs and then you don't get any more

eta// if you have an option to throw away an egg, then I think you should be able to get a replacement for it later. So even if you threw away your first egg you could still get three eggs eventually.

I like both of these ideas a lot. A maximum would be good to prevent dramallamas from whining that they cant collect all the eggs they want.

Edited by blazinrider112

I don't quite get the whole "throw away" option. Wouldn't it be that if you had the required amount of dragons, and you picked up an egg, there would just be a choice to keep the egg alive or to put it in the nest?

I don't get it, why would it have to be an egg before it becomes a trophy?

It doesn't. But then, if you had the trophy why would you throw it away?

Either way, I like this idea!

How bout this; the nest idea is good, but how about you have to get 2 adults/frozens to get one egg but if you already have a lot of eggs you can get three then you cant get anymore of that species. And for eggs like Lush, you get three eggs, one of each. Soif you get the top right cornered one then you get one, if you try getting another it doesnt let you.

But all of that would be kind of hard to do, wouldnt it? but i think out Mighty TJ can do it. biggrin.gif

EDIT: and you shouldn't be able to throw it away, people would use it again the CB eggs and the 5 hour rule.

Edited by CrimsonSword

If TJ can cause mayhem with a single random post, I think he can pull something like this off.

But I'm going to reword one little thing. So far, it sounds like you need 2 adults OR 2 frozen hatchies to get an egg trophy for that species. How about just have 2 non-growing dragons of that species instead?

Edited by Stealthypugs

i just said allow more after the first because i remember in another egg topic someone arguing "i can have 100 mints if i want, why can i not have 100 mint eggs"

i think making it grow up 2 to get the first and then any after that could be available through X-amount

or involve frozen hatchlings

as for those who already meet the requirements i'd say if this gets released automatically put them all in the basket and then have it with a button system where you can choose to keep in basket, place on scroll, or throw away

Because if you say non growing, the egg are non growing so think literally. biggrin.gif

Eggs are growing, else they wouldn't hatch. The embryos develop inside of them, which is growing.

The throwing away is just if people don't want trophies. Some people are hard set against anything remotely resembling frozen eggs, and we don't want to interfere with their gameplay.

I think if you say "two adults and/or frozen hatchlings" it's clear enough.