drgn11

Eggs as trophies?

I'd be very displeased if it required freezing, as I personally don't. As for the bad-lineaged hatchlings, lol, I grow them. xd.png

I think best would be, if you grow one of that dragon, you get the egg. Period. I realize people like to collect (I'd love like, hundreds of some of my favorite eggs) but I think for this particular idea, it should be one of everything. To me, this idea seems more about creating a set (aka 1 of everything) than a collection (mass quantities of *insert your favorite breed*).

Just my opinions.

Exactly. No matter how much I want 10,000 of Imbecamiel's 2011 Easter egg, I can only get one.

I personally think actual egg freezing is better. For one you can include the egg with the rest of the dragons of that type and collect as many as you like. And with them as trophies your trophy area would get ridiculously big given the number of dragons we have.

My opinion is that the trophy bar would get insanely cluttered, and anyway, collecting full sets of a dragon a) is not possible in all cases and B) is against many people's playing styles, and some people don't like to raise adults, some don't like to freeze. Maybe if there were a separate page for the eggs like the Easter egg and trick-or-treating events, but I still say actual egg freezing is better.

EDIT: I will kill that sunglasses smilely! Grr!

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

Hawk, that is exactly what I'm saying, it IS a separate page like the easter eggs.

Pokemonfan13, I thought that egg freezing was already suggested and denied because it was "egg murder". It shouldnt get cluttered because it will all be an a basket, and that one basket is the trophy.

Hmm...Frozen eggs would be actually pretty cool, perhaps it would decrease caveblockers? I'm not sure^^"

If it's against current rules then it would be nice if a mod locked this.

What about this do you believe may be against the rules?

Dunno. I personally don't see the problem as long as a success gives you the same 24 hour egg slot freeze as a normal kill, and possibly takes a kill slot.

What about this do you believe may be against the rules?

idk, it's been a while since I made this thread, so I was wondering if a similar idea has already been made and shut down. Re-suggesting something that has been shut down I assume is against the rules.

Usually they are merged with the other thread assuming the older thread is hard to find.

I would LOVE to have eggs on scroll anyway possible, but I'd really prefer to have frozen eggs normally on scroll as leetles are instead of trophies. The concept too could be same a leetle tree. Everyone can have one frozen egg of each type on their scroll and can not abandon it to AP. They may however kill it if they caught a wrong one. Or allow it to be abandoned in which case it goes straight back to cave's pool of eggs. It does not go to AP for others to catch. For eg. if cave ratio was intended to be X egg shells of a breed, I catch one and it becomes (X-1), now I want to abandon it so when I complete abandon action the egg simply disappears from my scroll and cave ratio goes back to X

As for the egg itself, I know many people find it cruel to freeze eggs.. although I'm not against freezing, I can understand and side with logic of these people. So what I had in mind was the egg that is frozen is not an actual egg but an empty shell of it which drops in the cave with a slightly different but similar description to original breed so that people can identify that it is an egg shell of xyz breed. The concept behind shells could be some kind of dragon behavior where dragons like to pile up or collect empty shells of their born youngs outside caves as some kind of habit/good charm/other..? Something along those lines.

uhmm... this turned out to be totally different to original suggestion, I hope it's still okay to post >.>

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

Many people hate the idea of infertile eggs because then there would be the situation of someone finally getting a rare egg only to realize it's infertile and will never hatch.

I don't really see the problem. Chickens will lay eggs whether there's a Rooster around or not. So, if you want to go the unfertilized route, all you really need's a female.

Add a "breed an unfertilized egg" option to female dragons. If your breeding is successful, the resulting egg would automatically be frozen on your scroll (after all an unfertilized egg will never hatch anyway).

Other than that, treat the unfertilized breeding like a normal one (chance of failure and invokes the breeding CD).

---

I would really rather have egg sprites treated like dragons and not like trophies.