drgn11

Eggs as trophies?

I think it would get far too cluttered to have an egg there for every species available. It's a cute idea, but I would much rather have the eggs in with the rest of the dragons.

This. Because the tops of some people's scrolls would be waaaay too cluttered. :[

This. Because the tops of some people's scrolls would be waaaay too cluttered. :[

This. We solved this with a solution already. A nest

Maybe we could make it so that there is an eggbasket there, like the Easter ones, that you click to see your egg trophies.

Different colors, different shape, wider... it could be a nest instead of a basket.

From waaay back.

I still like this idea better than the other egg-freezing ideas.

Edited by SlowHornpipe172

Can I just say I hate the use of thropies in this thread...People would crib if you called a egg you took from a bird or lizards nest a "throphy" in real life. I know it sounds silly... But can we find another word?

If its one egg per nest, thats fine with me. If its not counting towards the egg limit as well, thats fine too. Once everyone's got their egg, which would only take a month or two, then it wouldn't be a problem, just the inital rush to grab every egg around. Or if it just recorded every egg you ever caught that would be fine too.

Its too early in the morning for me still... I've properly said a few things others have suggested (got that "just woken up" feeling).

I like this idea. It'll be great to keep track which eggs you already caught. And alongside it being like the Easter eggs, I love to think about having another basket, or nest.

@Geobreeder: Perhaps a keepsake? It's better than trophies.

well the whole point of the term trophy was that is wasn't a real egg

it is a replica that you are rewarded after meeting a requirement

the "nest" idea was just so people could collect the "egg replicas" but instead of them floating about their scroll with the rest of the dragons, they would be viewed similar to the easter eggs

perhaps instead of a nest a shelf?

they are like faberge eggs that are made to look like the real dragon eggs

so there could be a link on the scroll saying "Faberge egg shelf" or something

I would still prefer to mix frozen eggs in with the rest of my dragons instead of all this trophy business, but perhaps that's just me. laugh.gif

I would still prefer to mix frozen eggs in with the rest of my dragons instead of all this trophy business, but perhaps that's just me. laugh.gif

Ideally I would like this as well. However, ultimately I just want to collect and keep eggs as eggs, whether as a trophy or otherwise. I feel the more different ideas of getting to the goal of keeping eggs whole will give it a better chance of ever happening. I fear the "egg cruelty" group is winning this battle at the moment, seeing as the idea of "freezing eggs" has been around as long as I can remember and nothing is implemented yet. So I support any reasonable suggestion.

I think we were just calling them trophies because they'd be stored next to the scroll trophies. But yeah, "keepsakes" works, or "eggshells".

I really like this idea. But as for the Dragon Types that only allow 2 eggs per scroll, maybe just from having 2 adults/hatchlings of that species you should be allowed to choose if you want an egg sprite to be Pinned in the nest, like a special section when you click the nest for a list of Pinned eggs. That way you don't have to give up a limited Dragon off your scroll. Good idea or no?

What if whenever someone gained a certain number (that would be high, like 10-20 or something) of a species on that particular scroll, they would gain that species egg as a trophy? That way, species collectors could show off their collection. I've been working on a CB Mint collection, which I think would be pretty cool to show off. There could be a limit as to how many eggs they have as well, which I think would be best set at three. If they have more than three qualifying collections, then they'd be able to choose which species they want up there.

Edited by Black_Phantom

What if whenever someone gained a certain number (that would be high, like 10-20 or something) of a species on that particular scroll, they would gain that species egg as a trophy? That way, species collectors could show off their collection. I've been working on a CB Mint collection, which I think would be pretty cool to show off. There could be a limit as to how many eggs they have as well, which I think would be best set at three. If they have more than three qualifying collections, then they'd be able to choose which species they want up there.

I think your idea is a totally different one than what is being proposed here. This is for people who love the egg sprites and want a way of collecting them all. Your idea is more of a prize for collecting a bunch of dragons of one breed.

I really like this idea. I really like the egg sprites and this is a good one. One question though. GoN. They can't breed so how would you get a the egg sprite??

WB

I kinda like this idea. How about instead of 2 of every dragon you just have 1 of every breed and you only get of each egg.

I kinda like this idea. How about instead of 2 of every dragon you just have 1 of every breed and you only get of each egg.

Don't you know? This is DC! Most people can't just have 'one'. We are hoarders of pixels.

Love it, love everything about it, don't care about the specifics.

P.S.

Yea, I don't really think people should have like 5-20 of one type...

all your pinkdragons are belong to us. tongue.gif

It's a cute idea. Except if it was going to be just 2 adults to get the trophy it wouldn't bemuch of a trophy to work for like the bronze/silver/gold trophy's are. I personally a think that the whole "Full sprite collection" sounds good. Having to get a stage of each dragon.

Some people don't like to freeze, that part is true. But some people do. It wouldn't hurt people to have to freeze a dragon once in a while, especially if the person is so hardcore good lineage, then it would give them a reason to keep the bad lineaged hatchies that we always find in the cave. Just a thought for those who don't freeze much xP.

I use to hate freezing. But now I decided I wanted the whole sprite collection of all the dragons xd.png Now if only we could freeze eggs or the egg shells. ><

I'd like a way to collect eggs, but I don't think someone would have to grow two of the dragons to get an egg. Some people only collect one of each, so that's still interfering with game play. My suggestion for the last time this came up was that could could collect from any dragon that hatched on your scroll. So even if you got rid of that one ember you hatched, you can still have the egg. I also suggested a treasure chest of sorts and a way to sort the eggs or place them onto your scroll or put them back into the chest. I like the idea that they're trophies and not the actual egg or eggshell too, just something that looks exactly like the egg.

how about

you raise one dragon of that breed and then once it is grown you create a replica of the egg

after all our scrolls are just pictures of the dragons, so if we have that ability to draw our new found friends i don't think it would be unreasonable to think that we got a wad of clay and shaped it into an egg and painted it xd.png

in the end it is up to TJ what the requirments will be but i think the least imposing on individual gameplay would be an adult (sorry those of you that only want one hatchling and no adult) also once the egg is there it will remain there, such that if you kill/release your only adult of that breed the replica will remain

How about this? Getting egg-trophy things as a reward for raising X number of that dragon. For example, if you raise 5 Balloons, you can click something to get a Balloon egg sprite. Maybe you'd have 'Breed' and 'Breed Unfertilized Egg?'

As for the Easter Basket idea, I really like it...maybe we could have something like this? user posted image Obviously, we'd have to draw our own for copyright reasons, but what do you think?

How about this? Getting egg-trophy things as a reward for raising X number of that dragon. For example, if you raise 5 Balloons, you can click something to get a Balloon egg sprite. Maybe you'd have 'Breed' and 'Breed Unfertilized Egg?'

I prefer the idea of being able to keep an egg as a trophy so long as the dragon hatched on one's scroll. That would make it possible to get all the eggs as keepsakes if they are wanted. If it was introduced, it would be best done retroactively so people with both GoNs or two Hollies could collect the egg if they liked.

Edited by Princess Artemis

I prefer the idea of being able to keep an egg as a trophy so long as the dragon hatched on one's scroll. That would make it possible to get all the eggs as keepsakes if they are wanted. If it was introduced, it would be best done retroactively so people with both GoNs or two Hollies could collect the egg if they liked.

That's kind of what I meant- if you have X number of dragons (maybe just one, maybe 5, I don't know), then you can get the egg trophy. If you raise X dragons, then you get the trophy.

I'd be very displeased if it required freezing, as I personally don't. As for the bad-lineaged hatchlings, lol, I grow them. xd.png

I think best would be, if you grow one of that dragon, you get the egg. Period. I realize people like to collect (I'd love like, hundreds of some of my favorite eggs) but I think for this particular idea, it should be one of everything. To me, this idea seems more about creating a set (aka 1 of everything) than a collection (mass quantities of *insert your favorite breed*).

Just my opinions.